Mika @ London Coca-Cola Secret Gig : I-Tunes Festival at ICA, London

Yoppappop

yeah when I couldn't go on Wednesday to Manchester I felt miserable, I was so close to going yet so far, but I tend to get depressed rather than angry. Then I had to hear about the details and see all those fab pics and videos and have to watch the tv prog next week, it's like torture cos you feel happy for everyone else who went but soooo miserable that you wern't able to go but could have as the concert was a free for all at the end of it. THAT is when I got more angry about it pfft.

But you can't stop yourself from looking or hearing about it all...weird:shocked: it's an addiction lol.

I know what you mean. The day I found out I couldn't go was the day after the Manchester gig thing. So looking at all the pictures and stuff made me extra upset, but I still went back to have a look.

But I did get some good news today. My sister's lending me £60 so I can go to see Mika at Someset house:biggrin2: Now I feel bad again:boxed:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jolene, I love your Mastercard parody, made me laugh very hard.

The flag WILL be there tonight!

I thought it would be a good idea to bring it up for you guys to see and hopefully get into the concert. I should be up there about 5pm. I'm keeping in contact with Bexxy, so she'll be looking after it tonight . I'll see you before and after the show.

I know what you mean. The day I found out I couldn't go was the day after the Manchester gig thing. So looking at all the pictures and stuff made me extra upset, but I still went back to have a look.

But I did get some good news today. My sister's lending me £60 so I can go to see Mika at Someset house:biggrin2: Now I feel bad again:boxed:

awwww Becky

big hugs for you huni

(((((Hugs)))))

i know its probably not worth much but i really wish you could have come today but somerset house is going to be great im super excited you are ableto come to that!!!!

If it's only half as amazing as the Paris gig yesterday has been apparently I think I'll stay in my corner and keep on crying... :tears:

I´m violet´s "hugger" in all the threads today..*hugs violet_sky*

Where did Babs go?

I know that Babs, Bexxy, Sara and Carrie were there when I left there at about 6.40. I bought the flag up for them, but security wouldn't let them take it in because of the size, for health and safety reasons. Carrie asked if it would be ok if we got it off the pole, still no. Then she said if she wrapped it round her and they said yes, but if she moved it at all they would confiscate it. So Carrie asked could they pick it up later if that happened and they said no. So to be on the safe side I brought it back with me.

When I left them they were all really looking forward to getting into the gig, and all in good spirits.

Well we got there about 6, met carrinevie and sarahlou and her husband, met RAK1 who showed us the MFC flag which is awesome, saw DaisyLou and Jamakkronic, spoke to Luke to let him know we got in because we had messaged him the day before asking if he could get us in.

we saw cherisse going into the backstage area and while we were waiting we also saw all of mika's sisters going into the stage area.

We were alloud into the stage area at around 7.30pm and we got KILLER positions all got front row ...the stage was sooo close to us if it had been any closer we would have been on stage with Mika!!!

The support group was fantastic...(Bex) fancies the drummer and has awesome pictures of him and the lead guitarist had Brilliant pointy shoes.

The at around just after 9 pm the lights dimmed and 9 - 5 started to play and the crowd went Nuts. Mika opened with Relax and did a short set list including sweet dreams, love today with steel drum It was a perfect performance he didnt place a note wrong and was very chatting between each song. We chanted for mikey choi and shortly afterwards mika said " well i guess i should introduce my band then" - (Bexx has this on audio if she ever gets round to posting it up LOL

to be continued

continued.... Mika said martin had the cooties so insisted he put a bag over his head...(bexx has a couple of photos)

and we shouted out we love you martin...he replyed thankyou LOL

Mika also mentioned about luke being the most handom member of the band and thats why he is sooo far back.

Mika come over to our side of the stage alot as you can see from some of bexxys pictures.....it was soo hot in the room everyone was sweating ...then it was time for the teddy bears picnic.

Mika came on dressed a s a chicken and carrie shouted out " i fancy chicken tonight" and we are sure mika heard this ....mika was mad in this routine he actually lifted up cherisse the rabbit and attacked her back then he fell on the floor and carrie or sarahlou threw a flashy heart at him which landed right ontop of him. (previous to this we had thrown two more hearts at him but the stage hand just cleared them off the stage during interlude)

After shouting at mika to put the hearts on he put one on and wore it during lollipop.

We had bubbles and big balloons I got a green balloon , bexxy managed to get a bottle of mika juice which later on martin told us was ribena and said Mika loves his ribena, she also go t a set list.

to be continued...again...

Ok we are now very ANNOYED with the mfc we have tried to write this accountout three times now soo i will continue with the last part of the account!!!!

We then went out to the bar area and got a few drinks while Babs chatted to luke and mikey and passed on jemmas love to mikey... we saw in passing Mika's sisters and Cherisse. We had interviews and pictures taken for capital fm aswell as pictures for ICA.

Sarahlou went to meet mika as she wont the capital fm competition but i will let sarah lou fill you in on that particular bit.

We then decided to go outside and see if we could meet mika as he left the building.

(Me BexxY) unfortuanely didnt get to meet mika,....AGAIN because i was further up the mall when he came out however Daisy, Babs and Jamm were close by and managed some quick photo ops and a tiny bit of chatt aswell.

I was a bit dissapointed however it was a FANTASTIC performance and thats all that really matters!

We then all 5 of us....Daisy, Jamm, me, Babs and Sara went to chat to the band as they waited for taxis to their own homes as they had a few days off .

We talked to them all for a while until their taxis arrived leaving us with the company of just Martin.

to be continued.......again again again

AWWWW! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time.

So Mika is a Ribina man, I knew there was a reason why I liked him.LOL. I was raised on the stuff.

I loved the "chicken tonight" quip, nice one Carrie, ha ha.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Martin was very chatty as usual as he had been a few days previous at the TBA concert.

He asked us if we had got home ok after the concert and and he remembered us from the Manchester event.

He told us about his cooties and about how he should grow a beard and be like zz top.

Martin aslo told us about how mika love his ribena and he told us the best hotel to stay in at london and we told him we would all be staying at a hostel in picadilly for somerset house and then we told him about the massive mfc meet up happening at the glasgow concert in November and how people are coming from all over the world to see them ...so we invited them to our after show party at the travel lodeg...and martin replyed he had been to partys in worse places that that!!!

He then had to go because he was scared he would get left behind and he couldnt hug / kiss us because he had the cooties and didnt want to pass it on.

OOOOOooooooo and also we saw the ICEMAN!!!!!!

His name is con and he didnt want his photo taken but he knows his name as when we said oh look its the ice man he turned around and glared / smiled LOL

Soo over all it was a FANTASTIC evening the performance was unfaultable if anything the BEST mika performance i have been to ...or well the best position in the audience...Mika definately came over to our side of the stage ALOT!!!!!:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

i have some awesome pictures i will upload tomorow and audio of the ENTIRE show!!!! including Mikey choi chant, martin cooties AND fancy chicken tonight!!!

Great reports, guys! Fantastic.

Looks like Mika's getting to be harder and harder to catch after shows, even at "intimate gigs"... guess we're lucky that so many of us had our chance on this last tour... In the course of a year we've gone from fans being able to chat with him for hours if they followed him to a bar after the show, to being lucky if they get a quick photo and autograph in before he leaves. Well, I guess that's reality. :wink2:

--Jack

babspaky, bexxy - THANK YOU!!!!

Great report! :thumb_yello:Sorry you didn't meet Mika, bexxy...

Most especially grateful for solving mystery MIKA juice ....

RIBENA!!! :roftl: