Dont you just hate fakes?

Shezzy12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Diana about fakers, but about the gay thing... just about every musician I really like, when people hear who he is, they say "he's gay, isn't he?" Sometimes I correct them and say "no, he's bi." Or "well, he said he was." (I only correct them because the people in question are in fact not gay...even if they said they were. Damn liars.) In Mika's case, I prefer to respond "we can only hope." :biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

It boggles the mind that the 'gay' thing is the first thing people bring up. They say it like it's an übershocking thing. I'm very much like you when it comes to the musicians I like. People always either comment with "you know he's gay right" or "ew faggot!" It's just how it is.

As for Mika.. I like the man's music, I don't want to have his babies for crying out loud! Why would I care if he's gay/bi/into handpuppets?

About the people saying nasty things about Mika I will quote myself by saying just let them be. You can't expect everyone to like Mika, he's quite an aqcuired taste in my opinion. People are entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to dislike Mika and speak up about it. When I don't like an artist I will say it out loud too. Not in a rude manner like someone described earlier in this thread but I will speak up about it. Which is my right. Freedom of speech and all that.

Yup I hate that too.

But.. nothing you can do about it.

There was one boy, he can be nice but sometimes like not.

And he was like:

Mika's gay.

I dont care.

Mika.. *Very very rude sentence*

I dont care.

And then he walked away. I just hate that. Cant people just respect Mika for what he is?

that`s the traditional argument people come up with in hopes of annoying you :lol3:

and their truly convinced they`ll get to you with it

"he`s ooo gay"

"mkay..anything else?"

"yeah but he`s sooo gay!"

"I kinda heard you the first time :lol3:..."

"yeah but he`s gay !"

"well then,bless him"

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I gotta laugh when they start with that

Oh, yes I hate that guys who say that they like Mika ,but I know someone who told me he adores Mika ,but he never heard of Love today !!He only knows Relax (take it easy)!!!

same. I hate how every time I ask a new friend if they like Mika, they always reply with a "y'know he's gay, don't you?"

Mind you, I usually just sorta smile and say "really, okay then, when did he say?."

That usually shuts them up. :bleh:

AARRRGGGH that is SOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!

Originally Posted by BathtubsAndIcecream:

"I hate how every time I ask a new friend if they like Mika, they always reply with a "y'know he's gay, don't you?"

Pfff...! I think I would ask back:

"No, I don't, because he has never talked talked about it in any interview, and nowhere. When did he told you?"

or:

"No, I don't, but what the hell does it have to do with his music?"

or in my crazy/naughty mood:

"No, usually we have more interesting topics to talk about." (We = Mika & me... yeah, unfortunately only a day dream :blush-anim-cl: )

Aww, and one more interesting thing about the whole damn gay-topic:

I live in Hungary, and Mika is not so famous here like in the UK, I mean I don't know anybody here who have heard about Mika. (Of course apart from the few Hungarian MFCers on this website, and the ones who know Mika because I educated them.)

So, this girl I know, she has never heard about Mika before, but I showed her his songs, and now she is completely in love! She is always listening to Mika's music, sings Love Today loudly in the bathroom :biggrin2: and stuff like that. She also searched for some photos of Mika, and she finds him very sweet.

And here comes the interesting part:

She has no internet, and she doesn't speak English, so she always gets her Mika news from me. And guess what: when I talked to her about the discussion of Mika's sexuality, she literally didn't want to believe me. I mean she wasn't manipulated yet by all the articles and interviews and hate sites that we all know, and she never had the idea of Mika being gay. She couldn't imagine that some people think he is gay, she found him sweet and handsome and very-very attractive.

Ok, my conclusion of course isn't that I know anything about Mika's sexuality (or about his not being gay), I just wanted to show you that we shouldn't let the media manipulate our opinions, because they have a too big effect on the people.

"I hate how every time I ask a new friend if they like Mika, they always reply with a "y'know he's gay, don't you?"

Pfff...! I think I would ask back:

"No, I don't, because he has never talked talked about it in any interview, and nowhere. When did he told you?"

or:

"No, I don't, but what the hell does it have to do with his music?"

or in my crazy/naughty mood:

"No, usually we have more interesting topics to talk about." (We = Mika & me... yeah, unfortunately only a day dream :blush-anim-cl: )

People tend to do that a lot don't they. I keep having to fend them off by saying that i don't intend to sleep or marry the guy, so it really doesn't matter to me...people don't buy it though... for some reason just because am a huge fan, they think i want to bed the guy... damn!! Can't I just like him... genuinely like him ..,. and it's got nothing to do with his looks...sexual attraction or anything as such....

She couldn't imagine that some people think he is gay, she found him sweet and handsome and very-very attractive.

Why, can't gay people be sweet and handsome and very-very attractive?

He could be gay as easily as he could be straight. There's no reason to think he isn't gay, we just don't know if he is--or anything, since he doesn't want to talk about it. The point is, since we don't know, we can't say either way and it doesn't matter for his music anyway.

--Jack

Haha. This whole fake thing, i understand you. This is what it's like for me, except with Green Day.

I was literally bought up on them (cos of the whole Dad being a punkrocker thing) and i was bought up on the pre 2000's stuff.

Anyway, as soon as they release American Idiot, Bam, along comes a whole new set of 'ive only heard that one about the broken dreams thingy' "fans"

grrrr.

I suppose, we should welcome them, but if theyre gonna class themselves as 'fans' they need to learn something about the band/person!

=p

So now some fans are better than others? No I don't hate "fake" fans, but I do strongly dislike fan snobs who think they are the only true fans because they know which brand of underwear the artist prefers :thumbdown:

So now some fans are better than others? No I don't hate "fake" fans, but I do strongly dislike fan snobs who think they are the only true fans because they know which brand of underwear the artist prefers :thumbdown:

Kata, aren't you Latvian? I see that your location is Denmark, but your myspace id "iissavienojums" sounds veery Latvian. :wink2:

Kata, aren't you Latvian? I see that your location is Denmark, but your myspace id "iissavienojums" sounds veery Latvian. :wink2:

Haha no I'm not Latvian...once upon a time I was looking for a word to use as login for everything, but most words are used somewhere you know, so to not be called Kata12345½ I had to find a weird word - so I used a Latvian song title...it's never taken :arf2:

now, the question is, kata, will we survive..? :mf_rosetinted:

Haha no I'm not Latvian...once upon a time I was looking for a word to use as login for everything, but most words are used somewhere you know, so to not be called Kata12345½ I had to find a weird word - so I used a Latvian song title...it's never taken :arf2:

Haha, now I see:biggrin2:

It is actually quite popular song in Latvia, by the way, your id means "dead-short":mf_rosetinted:

Haha, now I see:biggrin2:

It is actually quite popular song in Latvia, by the way, your id means "dead-short":mf_rosetinted:

Not a bad ID :mf_rosetinted: And it's a great song too :wub2:

I honestly don't care.

Everyone that wants to call themselves a fan, should be able to do so.

We're not here to decide who's a 'real' fan and who is a 'fake' one.

There's no 10 commandments you need to live by to be allowed to call yourself a fan of Mika.

Just let everyone be.

:punk: :punk:

same here. but what the hell has this to do with his music or the fact that i love him? i just don't care who he sleeps with, so why do my friends need to point it out?:sneaky2: i just "close" my ears and pretend i haven't heard..

Don't know...I've touched him, maybe I caught that gay thing :shocked:

*mumble mumble :badmood:*

awwwwww... we are all infected, it's spreading... :mf_rosetinted:

*needs rainbow smiley* why there's never a rainbow smiley when you need one..? :mf_rosetinted: