Mika is really sick - now

EnFa

i've just read here, he could die!?!?!

from the disease he has!?!?!

omg

only if he's not looked after properly in the early stages. Pneumonia is caused by different things...he can get better just by having antibiotics.

You can die from cancer but a lot of people are surviving from that now. You have to keep positive.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhh.....but i FORESAW IT!! * shifty eyes* you keep blowing my cover tonight caz!

lmao sorry, but i'm secretly a er...secret detective...in the MFC...it's my job.....in fact...my name isn't caroline. i'm not even female.

i'm not even from planet Earth. But ssssh dont tell anyone!

:lmao: and reincarnated as a pineapple, right? :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'd like to come back as the back pocket of MIKA's skinny pants.... :naughty:

*looks around to see if hubby over my shoulder*

yeah, ive been wondering about that! WHEN I had phneumonia, they dragged me off to hospital sharpish, and still feel the effects now! maybe you guys dont get it as bad?

I'm not pneumonia expert, but I've never been to hospital because of pneumonia and I have it at least once every winter :blink: I just collect my antibiotics from the doctor, cough until I'm turned inside out and stay in bed until the fever is gone - then I return to building snowmen or whatever we're supposed to do in winter so I can catch an ear infection :yay:

Ok... Just a little 50 cents to all that...

- It all started about 2-3 weeks ago when he was having a "chest infection" during the gigs for the US tour, we never heard of after that... US Tour finished on June 17th

- Then he came back, and went to La Fête de la Musique in Paris and did quite a good performance, although it was just 2 songs on June 21st

- Then Glastonbury where he was great, playing in the mud and kissing Big Girls all around :wink2: Jun 22nd and 23rd

- Then the TBA Gig in Manchester, where some of us had the luck to go, June 27th

- Then he cancelled Switzerland, June 28th... Because of an "ear infection"... Then we learned after that that he had cancelled to preserve his voice for The Olympia

- Then he made his best gig ever at The Olympia, June 30th (recorded for DVD)

- Then iTunes festival July 1st, wasn't he quite good there ? I'm sorry, i didn't read the reports... Was on could 9

- Then on July 3rd, he cancels Nibe that is supposed to happen on July 4th, because he "lost his voice" and "has to keep it for Roskilde", already after a medical prescription...

- BUT performs for a secret gig in the same evening... None of us went to, but the reports from the press are as usual, fantastic

- Today, we learn that he cancels Roskilde July 6th, because "doctor said he had to keep his voice" and because now he's got pneumonia...

- BUT Oxegen and T in the Park are still ok for now, and they are on July 7th and 8th

- Then 3 "cool days" before hes supposed to go to Lyon (France) then Spain, etc.

ALL THAT TO SAY : don't you see something is going wrong ????? Not with his health, but with the oragnisation and the "suddent" decisions that have been made recently ? Could you please all open your eyes and realize that they're taking the piss ??? Well, at least, i don't know who, but SOMEONE is...

PNEUMONIA : he will not die, unless he turned 70 recently and got a lot of associate diseases, or live in far far country without any doctor or hospital around...

TRAVELLING doesn't weak your immune system at all, it's a legend. You're just tired. Unless you have something else that weakens your immune system.

So why not just wait until he cancels Oxegen and T in The Park, and maybe even Lyon and Spain to start being worried about his health THAT much ?

We all noticed the planning is crazy. But don't look for a reason when there is no other reason than a bad bad bad organization of things, that lead to exhaustion (which is human) that leads to cancelling "less important" gigs such as festivals where he still can be replaced... I mean, foreign festivals.

I hope he gets well soon :mf_rosetinted: .

:naughty::naughty: I'm visualizing a whole hoard of MFCers trying to pamper Mika all at once...he would get sooo mad at all the fussing and us all shoving in front of each other trying to out do each other..."here Mika have a grape," "Here Mika have a bunch of grapes" "Here Mika have a van load of grapes" "let me mop your brow Mika" "let me give you a bed bath Mika" "let me hose you down with a fire hose in the back yard Mika" etc etc :naughty::naughty:

I'm not pneumonia expert, but I've never been to hospital because of pneumonia and I have it at least once every winter :blink: I just collect my antibiotics from the doctor, cough until I'm turned inside out and stay in bed until the fever is gone - then I return to building snowmen or whatever we're supposed to do in winter so I can catch an ear infection :yay:

haha...maybe swedish people have a natural immunity? i am after all from the tropics! and mika is lebanese...........

"TRAVELLING doesn't weak your immune system at all, it's a legend. You're just tired. Unless you have something else that weakens your immune system."

maybe not travelling itself, but with all the travelling he does, with all the concerts he does, with all the interviews he does, and hopping from place to place in between...he is constantly tired. Sleeping is also a form of recovery, where white blood cells help attack virus's more effectively. So, really, it's lack of sleep, but lack of sleep is caused by travelling. lol ^^

haha...maybe swedish people have a natural immunity? i am after all from the tropics! and mika is lebanese...........

well yes. if you have something more than once you get more immune to it because your immune system knows how to fight it.

Guest Sofia
"TRAVELLING doesn't weak your immune system at all, it's a legend. You're just tired. Unless you have something else that weakens your immune system."

maybe not travelling itself, but with all the travelling he does, with all the concerts he does, with all the interviews he does, and hopping from place to place in between...he is constantly tired. Sleeping is also a form of recovery, where white blood cells help attack virus's more effectively. So, really, it's lack of sleep, but lack of sleep is caused by travelling. lol ^^

you're right Caz!:biggrin2:

if all that about it being down to bad organisation is true then that is going to give MIKA a bad name and that's not fair cos he is doing his best.

he couldn't fly because he had an ear infection. i know that much. that makes sense as to why he cancelled the gig abroad, but makes no sense as to why he did on the same day somewhere else in england.

well yes. if you have something more than once you get more immune to it because your immune system knows how to fight it.

no with phnuemonia you are more succeptiable to it once youve had it once - the doctors get really worried if i have a cough now. it's with you the rest of your life.

Just getting on now. PNEUMONIA?!?!?!?! SERIOUS, SCARY S**T!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

This is NOT something that will clear up by the weekend. I've had pneumonia several times due to an immune system deficiency and I was FLAT ON MY BACK ON ANTIBIOTICS AND SERIOUS PAIN MEDS. (DEMAROL) FOR WEEKS AT A STRETCH! Granted, not every case is like that (you've heard the term "walking pneumonia" - very mild) but it can be very serious and yes - it can be fatal in some instances.

There's no question Mika's immune system has been compromised for awhile - excessive touring schedule, multiple medical problems, little time for himself - well, NOW he MUST rest or face some really serious complications and repercussions! This is no joke.

Mika, if you are reading this, please, please take this time to heal. Do whatever you need to comfort and pamper yourself. Have some jewish penicillin (chicken soup), and listen to some great music (your own??) Watch some crazy/funny DVD's and laugh a lot because laughter is the best medicine. Sleep alot - rest is magic for healing and I know you really need it.

And most of all, feel all the caring and love from all your fans in the world. We all just want you better and happy once again.

Love,

calicojasmine

Oh sorry... I didn't know you had ALSO taken medicine classes...

And what you say is not true, for your information...