Mika is really sick - now

EnFa

For those who aren't familiar with Pneumonia or think it's just a passing illness, read this:

Pneumonia is an illness of the lungs and respiratory system in which the alveoli (microscopic air-filled sacs of the lung responsible for absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere) become inflamed and flooded with fluid. Pneumonia can result from a variety of causes, including infection with bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites. Pneumonia may also occur from chemical or physical injury to the lungs.

Typical symptoms associated with pneumonia include cough, chest pain, fever, and difficulty in breathing. Diagnostic tools include x-rays and examination of the sputum. Treatment depends on the cause of pneumonia; bacterial pneumonia is treated with antibiotics.

Pneumonia is a common illness which occurs in all age groups, and is a leading cause of death among the elderly and people who are chronically and terminally ill. Vaccines to prevent certain types of pneumonia are available. The prognosis depends on the type of pneumonia, the appropriate treatment, any complications, and the person's underlying health.

To read more, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia

im sorry to say caz, it isnt a passing illness at all! i srtill feel the effects 3 years later, and my friend jessie who didnt have it as bad as me ( we had it in the same week - how wierd its that?!) still gets bad pain in her chest randomly and has panic attacks! i am not the bearer on good news...sorry....i just panic, cos i love him

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for those who asked for it, here's the english version of the news on the roskilde website: http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=a9000f&base=65892774&code=1

Mika cannot play at Roskilde Festival after all

The British singer has caught pneumonia, and his doctors have now prohibited him from singing.

Mika has lost his voice due to infection. After his pneumonia has worsened, his doctors have prohibited him from singing.

Mika deeply regrets that he must let down his audience at Roskilde Festival, and he hopes to make up for it at another occasion.

Roskilde Festival is currently working on finding a replacement for Mika.

oh stop it!!

you're just being silly!! practically everyone in Sweden gets pneumonia at one time... :bleh:

He'll be okay. he just has to rest! and take it easy!

why can he just rest!!!

Mika better be in bed now or I'll get angry :sneaky2:

Take care Mika :huglove:

We only want to see you get better. Your health is the most important thing!

i am NOT being silly!!!! maybe swdish people dont get it as bad? i dunno...sorry , had a minor panic attack then...i cant help it...sorry....dont listen to me

haaaaaaaaan I'm so sad to know mika is ill :shocked:

I had a pneumonia too in january, it's really tireing...pooooooooooor Mika, keep well, just have a break...stay in your bed (with me :roftl: )

I'm thinking about you...hope to see you soon :wub2:

You can call it 'benefit of the doubt' but I keep thinking that the news about the lost voice was made up by either the management or the people behind the Nibe website (or someone in between). Maybe as a drama element, maybe as a lack in communication.

Oh well, with this pneumonia I would suggest rest, chicken soup, rest, freshly squeezed apple juice and... rest. :wink2:

you go no where without antibiotics if you have pneumonia and if it's really that, there's no way he can go back to gigs before at least 10 days. he'd be superman if he managed.

i am NOT being silly!!!! maybe swdish people dont get it as bad? i dunno...sorry , had a minor panic attack then...i cant help it...sorry....dont listen to me

there there. take it easy luv *hugs*

sorry you felt so bad when you had pneumonia

im sorry to say caz, it isnt a passing illness at all! i srtill feel the effects 3 years later, and my friend jessie who didnt have it as bad as me ( we had it in the same week - how wierd its that?!) still gets bad pain in her chest randomly and has panic attacks! i am not the bearer on good news...sorry....i just panic, cos i love him

i never said i thought it was a passing illness. i KNOW it's not a passing illness. if you read it properly i said "For those who AREN'T FAMILIAR with Pneumonia OR THINK it's just a passing illness, read this:"

there there. take it easy luv *hugs*

sorry you felt so bad when you had pneumonia

sorry..it was just really scary, cos it happened when my parents where outta the country, and i was in the house with my sis's and suddenly i couldnt breathe at all - i just dont want mika to have that, cos it was really scary! i'm sorry for panicking though, i really cant help that....i just think about all the possibilites, and its scary.

for those who asked for it, here's the english version of the news on the roskilde website: http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=a9000f&base=65892774&code=1

Mika cannot play at Roskilde Festival after all

The British singer has caught pneumonia, and his doctors have now prohibited him from singing.

Mika has lost his voice due to infection. After his pneumonia has worsened, his doctors have prohibited him from singing.

Mika deeply regrets that he must let down his audience at Roskilde Festival, and he hopes to make up for it at another occasion.

Roskilde Festival is currently working on finding a replacement for Mika.

What the **** is that supposed to mean? After it has worsened????

What are those people doing? :doh:

I can't believe it. :blink: Somebody should have a closer look on the people who are taking the decisions there....unbelieveable...:no:

I don´t think so. This is so serious to use it as excuse...

well, we will see it. if he does another gig within the next, dunno, at least 5 days, it either isn't pneumonia or he's REALLY stupid!

he should really start listening to what the MFC has to say, didn't we already tell him on his US tour when he had a chest infection, that he should take a break?! he probably didn't fully cure that infection, and this is what comes from it now.:sneaky2:

i never said i thought it was a passing illness. i KNOW it's not a passing illness. if you read it properly i said "For those who AREN'T FAMILIAR with Pneumonia OR THINK it's just a passing illness, read this:"

sorry! i mustve misread in my panic!

you go no where without antibiotics if you have pneumonia and if it's really that, there's no way he can go back to gigs before at least 10 days. he'd be superman if he managed.

I know. I have some friends who caught pneumonia once. It took them 1 to 3 weeks to recover. Real pneumonia is no fun.

well, we will see it. if he does another gig within the next, dunno, at least 5 days, it either isn't pneumonia or he's REALLY stupid!

he should really start listening to what the MFC has to say, didn't we already tell him on his US tour when he had a chest infection, that he should take a break?! he probably didn't fully cure that infection, and this is what comes from it now.:sneaky2:

Look at my signature! the bottom bit!

His family and friends MUST have been telling him to take it easy for ages. Is he too driven? is he being forced to do these concerts?

well we dont know, i dont know wtf im asking. excuse my abbreviated french.

well, if this aint reality kicking him in the face i dont know WHAT is.

if his family and friends are telling him to chill, then he needs to hear it from the fans too. he needs to see that EVERYONE, the ENTIRE WORLD can see the devastating effect it is having on him. Hopefully the "Relax!" card will have some effect on him.

Lol, if he's doing any gigs anyways, then make sure to catch some of his cough-spit - we could clone him

ROFL could you imagine??

but omg what if he still had pneumonia and was having a concert and he just like...collapsed O.o

Lol, if he's doing any gigs anyways, then make sure to catch some of his cough-spit - we could clone him

haha...a few weeks ago, when they said mika had a chest infection my friend and i agreed that we wanted to go to a gig just to catch it so we could say'mika gave me a chest infection!' and keep all the mucus in a jar forever! haha...imagine if you where investigated by the FBI!