donating to mika fan club? good or bad

micafan

donating to mfc - good or bad idea  

60 members have voted

1. 1. donating to mfc - good or bad idea

• good idea
    • bad idea

do you think that it is a good idea to donate to MFC

ps. i personally dont, because i think that their are more worthwhile things to spend your money on such as charities. what is your opinion?:blink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do give to the charities of my choice, but this is not a charity. I have donated in the past because I spend a lot of time here, generally enjoy it and to be honest it's cheaper than a night out.

if you spend a lot of time on here like i do then i think its a good idea. charities are important but its up to you what you do with your money.

if you do donate, it doesnt have to be alot. when i donate to a charity its usually dropping change into one of the little boxes in line @thestores or some money to the santa ringing the bell outside.

I think donating is a good idea. I always have a bad conscience that I haven't done it yet but I will as soon as I have some money :blush-anim-cl: . It would just be really cool if we could get a few more official news from Mika's management or record company concerning gigs and other appearances.

i think it's a good idea cause the money people donate to the MFC helps the admins to keep this place opened! i'll donate something as soon as i've got the chance to do it, and i blame myself everytime for not having done it yet! and i think charity and this forum are 2 different things...to me it's important that this place goes on cause i spend a lot of time here...:blink:

Just a quick point.... the donating is not to the MFC team, it is to pay for the HUGE hosting costs of maintaining this site.

that's exactly what i wanted to say...you said it so much better!! :bleh:

This is an odd question... :blink: It's kind of like asking "petting a puppy--good idea or a bad idea? You can better use the time and effort you'd spend petting a puppy on helping cure AIDS."

I mean, yes, certainly, donating to charities is very important... but what does it really have to do with donating to help keep the MFC running? You can do both... and both are good but very different things.

--Jack

This is an odd question... :blink: It's kind of like asking "petting a puppy--good idea or a bad idea? You can better use the time and effort you'd spend petting a puppy on helping cure AIDS."

--Jack

That was a very .. interesting comparison

Yeah I think it's a good idea if you want to...with out donations it would be hard to keeping this place going... doesn't mean you can't donate to a charity as well...they're 2 completely different things as Jack so wonderfully showed us with that comparrison. Lol:thumb_yello:

Yep its important , the MFC takes time and money to run , without donations we would struggle to go to bigger servers and keep it running efficiently.

I absolutely feel it's important ... & I will be donating , like others ... as soon as it is possible for me to ... Mika & the MFC have changed my life !!!!!:huglove: And I am continuously grateful for all the 'behind the scenes' work the admin. & Mods. give to this amazing home of ours .... all for no money ... just the Mikalove !!:wub2:

Keeping a website going costs money so .......... :sneaky2::wink2::mf_rosetinted:

I absolutely feel it's important ... & I will be donating , like others ... as soon as it is possible for me to ... Mika & the MFC have changed my life !!!!!:huglove: And I am continuously grateful for all the 'behind the scenes' work the admin. & Mods. give to this amazing home of ours .... all for no money ... just the Mikalove !!:wub2:

Keeping a website going costs money so .......... :sneaky2::wink2::mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

<passes bowl of stinging ants>

Is donating a good idea? Why not? That's like asking if you should, as someone so aptly put it, pet a puppy (assuming you dont have animal allergies). You don't have to if you don't wanna or if u're a little dry, & no one will say u're a bad person; but giving money to a cause you support is very obviously a good thing.

Btw, what sort of costs are incured in the running of a website? sorry for sounding dumb, but i really hv never hosted a domain b4 so i wd like to know. :)