UPDATE: Biggest selling single in the UK 2007 so far...

Showtunes17

It's still Mika but Rihanna is sure catching up on him with "Umbrella" :mf_rosetinted: but fingers crossed; i think Mika has enough sales to stump Rihanna for the rest of the year as her sales are beginning to decrease and Grace Kelly is still selling. Sold 20,000+ over the past 3 weeks.

TW LW Artist Title Total Sales

1 1 Mika Grace Kelly 450640

2 2 Proclaimers ft Brian Potter and Andy Pipkin (I'm gonna be) 500 miles 329000

3 3 Rihanna feat Jay Z Umbrella 309115

4 4 Kaiser Chiefs Ruby 273215

5 5 The Fray How to save a life 261625

6 6 Gwen Stefani/Akon Sweet escape 259000

7 7 Beyonce & Shakira Beautiful liar 254860

8 8 Avril Lavigne Girlfriend 221305

9 9 Take That Shine 211150

10 10 Just Jack Starz in their eyez 208015

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what seriously!! umbrella still isn't at the top :blink: after being no1 for 8 weeks!! oh yesss this is great news :yay: shame rihanna!!! she better not be no1 for a 9th week though or else...

what seriously!! umbrella still isn't at the top :blink: after being no1 for 8 weeks!! oh yesss this is great news :yay: shame rihanna!!! she better not be no1 for a 9th week though or else...

Well Grace Kelly was released 4 months before umbrella so it's obvious why Mika is still top but Rihanna could overtake him if she continues to be No.1 like this and still sell relatively well for the rest of the year.

But Mika is still 150,000+ ahead. and the GAP could also easily be reduced by the coming weeks.

But Rihanna has to still catch the proclaimers first :bleh:

Well Grace Kelly was released 4 months before umbrella so it's obvious why Mika is still top but Rihanna could overtake him if she continues to be No.1 like this and still sell relatively well for the rest of the year.

But Mika is still 150,000+ ahead. and the GAP could also easily be reduced by the coming weeks.

But Rihanna has to still catch the proclaimers first :bleh:

ah yeah thats true.. looks like we need to go out and buy some more Grace Kelly singles :fisch:

WOOPWOOP!! :yay:

I hate Umbrella.

I hate it.

That's not a song...

It's just someone saying 'ella' over and over :thumbdown::blink:

x

Iam SO with you Sherry, I cannot stand it and it's really doing my head in. I'm glad of this update, as I was starting to despair that she would overtake GK. But I'm a happy girl now.

Go Mika!!!! :punk:

That song 'Umbrella' has put a curse on the weather over here. Seriously, did you hear it on the radio the other week when they said that ever since the song was bought out it has rained every day!! - Really!!! Wierd innit?!:naughty:

Nice one Mika for being sooooooo fab and selling lots of records!! :thumb_yello:

WOOO! GO MIKA! :punk:

Hehe...actually I'm not surprised he made it to number one in the UK. He should definatly stay in that spot. It really suits him lol. :naughty:

I'm not to fond of the song Umbrella either. But it's not like I don't like it because it's not Mika it's just...not something I'd listen to. That's all. ^_^

I liked it for.. a week maybe. now I hate it. 'She really can't sing, she looks like she tries to hard. And well.. I don't like her..

I do like her music, but her songs ALWAYS irritate me after a while, because I listened to them to much. I try to avoid that with Mika, but for some reason, I never get tired of him. And that's peculiar.. but great!:thumb_yello:

Edit: 100th post! Yay!

Rihanna's popularity is pretty intense here in Canada as well...she will be performing "Umbrella" on Canadian Idol tomorrow...

BUT MIKA PERFORMS ON CANADIAN IDOL ON AUGUST 28th! WOOOOT!!

and the best part is - I`M GOING! :woot_jump: