Mika MySpace about Big Girl (23/7)

Blue

Monday, July 23, 2007

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) Out Now!

'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' is officially released today.

You have been able to download the radio edit since last week and now you download a whole lot more in the shape of some great remixes by Bonde Do Role, Tom Middleton, Hick Nurdman, and Lo Fi Fnk. There will also be a live versions recorded from MIKA's live iTunes show at the ICA, which will be exclusive to iTunes.

Today you can also get Big Girl on CD and vinyl. The CD comes with four tracks including the album version of 'Big Girl'. It will also have a new MIKA track 'Instant Martyr', a live version of the Eurhythmics 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)' recorded in Hong King and a Tom Middleton remix of the main track.

The vinyl versions come, as usual, in 7" and 12" formats. The 7" will feature the album version of 'Big Girl' and will be backed by a version of The Gossips indie dancefloor classic 'Standing In The Way Of Control' recorded at Radio One's Big Weekend. The 12" version will the four remixes of 'Big Girl' by Tom Middleton, Bonde Do Role, Lo-Fi-FnK and Hick Nurdman.

Enjoy!

Love MIKA Sounds

19:15

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that would be great if the music shops near me actually Had any cds in stock!!!

I cant believe it i went into town today to get my copy of Big Girl...and they didnt even have any!!!!! and i looked everywhere :boxed::thumbdown:

They also sent out a myspace bulletin that had some additional info:

MIKA Elsewhere

MIKA continues his summer festival odyssey playing on both the continent and at home, over the weekend he played T4 on the Beach and we have footage from the coverage which includes an interview with MIKA and live performances of ‘Big Girl’ and ‘Grace Kelly. You can view it by clicking here

Just in case you didn’t spot it, Alexa Chung was the lion.

On the horizon he has got some globe trotting coming up with trips to Japan and to the States as well as his appearance at Ibiza Rocks at Manumission on 7th August. After that it will be the V festival.

Looking further ahead there is MIKA’s Autumn UK Tour to look forward to but tickets are going fast! We already have a couple of sell outs but tickets are still available if you move quick.

The dates are:

Saturday 17 November – Glasgow Academy SOLD OUT

Monday 19 November – Manchester Apollo (0870 401 8000)

Tuesday 20 November – Manchester Apollo (0870 401 8000)

Thursday 22 November – Birmingham Academy (0870 771 2000)

Saturday 24 November – Doncaster Dome (0871 2200 260)

Monday 26 November – Newcastle Academy (0870 771 2000)

Wednesday 28 November – Bournemouth BIC (0870 111 3000)

Thursday 29 November – Plymouth Pavilions SOLD OUT

Friday 30 November – Brighton Centre (0870 900 9100)

Sunday 2 December – London Brixton Academy (0870 771 2000/020 7734 8932)

Monday 3 December – London Hammersmith Apollo (0870 606 3400/020 7734 8932)

Tuesday 4 December – London Brixton Academy (0870 771 2000/020 7734 8932)

So what did everyone think of T4 On The Beach", yesterday?

I thought the whole show was awful to watch on TV.

The presenters didn't seem to know what they were doing, who they were supposed to go to next and someone needs to sack the sound guy! Music all over interviews etc. Appauling for channel 4 standards.

Now MIKA on the other hand. He made the whole even worth sitting thru. (Not that I'm biased or anything?):shocked:

But it was nice to turn over to E4 afterwards for the "Rub Down"and see MIKA do a solo spot and acoustically sing Grace Kelly.

I adore his shirts. He has a great taste in shirts ...who agree's?

Love, love me

They also sent out a myspace bulletin that had some additional info:

MIKA Elsewhere

MIKA continues his summer festival odyssey playing on both the continent and at home, over the weekend he played T4 on the Beach and we have footage from the coverage which includes an interview with MIKA and live performances of ‘Big Girl’ and ‘Grace Kelly. You can view it by clicking here

Just in case you didn’t spot it, Alexa Chung was the lion.

On the horizon he has got some globe trotting coming up with trips to Japan and to the States as well as his appearance at Ibiza Rocks at Manumission on 7th August. After that it will be the V festival.

Looking further ahead there is MIKA’s Autumn UK Tour to look forward to but tickets are going fast! We already have a couple of sell outs but tickets are still available if you move quick.

The dates are:

Saturday 17 November – Glasgow Academy SOLD OUT

Monday 19 November – Manchester Apollo (0870 401 8000)

Tuesday 20 November – Manchester Apollo (0870 401 8000)

Thursday 22 November – Birmingham Academy (0870 771 2000)

Saturday 24 November – Doncaster Dome (0871 2200 260)

Monday 26 November – Newcastle Academy (0870 771 2000)

Wednesday 28 November – Bournemouth BIC (0870 111 3000)

Thursday 29 November – Plymouth Pavilions SOLD OUT

Friday 30 November – Brighton Centre (0870 900 9100)

Sunday 2 December – London Brixton Academy (0870 771 2000/020 7734 8932)

Monday 3 December – London Hammersmith Apollo (0870 606 3400/020 7734 8932)

Tuesday 4 December – London Brixton Academy (0870 771 2000/020 7734 8932)

didn't it come in the same bulletin as the one about big girl?

didn't it come in the same bulletin as the one about big girl?

Yes, it came out in the bulletin, but I didn't see this with the link to the video

on the mikamyspace page blog itself... Unless they've since added it...

Monday, July 23, 2007

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) Out Now!

'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' is officially released today.

You have been able to download the radio edit since last week and now you download a whole lot more in the shape of some great remixes by Bonde Do Role, Tom Middleton, Hick Nurdman, and Lo Fi Fnk. There will also be a live versions recorded from MIKA's live iTunes show at the ICA, which will be exclusive to iTunes.

Today you can also get Big Girl on CD and vinyl. The CD comes with four tracks including the album version of 'Big Girl'. It will also have a new MIKA track 'Instant Martyr', a live version of the Eurhythmics 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)' recorded in Hong King and a Tom Middleton remix of the main track.

The vinyl versions come, as usual, in 7" and 12" formats. The 7" will feature the album version of 'Big Girl' and will be backed by a version of The Gossips indie dancefloor classic 'Standing In The Way Of Control' recorded at Radio One's Big Weekend. The 12" version will the four remixes of 'Big Girl' by Tom Middleton, Bonde Do Role, Lo-Fi-FnK and Hick Nurdman.

Enjoy!

Love MIKA Sounds

19:15

Thank you for posting! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

I am still not getting e-mails from MikaSounds. It's starting to piss me off. :thumbdown:

Enjoy!

Love MIKA Sounds

AMAZING!!!! :yay::woot_jump::yay::toot::yay:

The single sounds just delicious!!

Im sad I can't have it until a very long time. :cool:

Hope I will still get it. :thumb_yello: The cd version that is.

Love it how the 7" vinyl includes a song by a beautiful Big Girl.

Oh, and thanks for both postings!

I think I'll go and buy my copy this week!

Anyone have any idea why they never released a cartoon before Big Grils came out like they did with Grace Kelly and Love Today??

F.x :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Can anyone tell me what version of Instant Martyr is on the CD, please?:wink2: I wonder if it's it the demo version we already know or a another edit...

Well, that's exactly the same question I asked on 2 threads yesterday and no reply came.. :thumbdown:

I hope it's not because fans are actually not buying the single because they have already downloaded the demo version 'illegally'..:sneaky2:

Anyway, I will definitely by the single towards the end of the week in the UK (you can't buy it here and I want the real thing instead of the internet download), so I will update you on that later this weeek :wink2:

I hope it's not because fans are actually not buying the single because they have already downloaded the demo version 'illegally'..:sneaky2:

Ehm... people are not supposed to actually have that version... as it is just what it is: an illegally downloaded version. :wink2:

Ehm... people are not supposed to actually have that version... as it is just what it is: an illegally downloaded version. :wink2:

Well, it is an illegal version but it was on youtube, so you can still easily get it... I think fans not buying the single because they already have the version somehow is more of a concern. I am sure all members of this site has the demo version of IM, so my question was simply: is it the same version on the single? Judging from the response, people have not bought the single, otherwise they would have been able to compare....:cool:

Can anyone tell me what version of Instant Martyr is on the CD, please?:wink2: I wonder if it's it the demo version we already know or a another edit...

well i got the single big girl yesterday & the version of Instant Martyr sounds the same as the demo to me

It wasn't supposed to be on YouTube either. :wink2:

Well I have bought it, but it has not arrived yet. I got an e-mail from HMV that it was sent to me on 19/7 but it hasn't arrived yet (I got a notice from the parcel service as I wasn't home when he came onto my door). I expect the second delivery today.

well i got the single big girl yesterday & the version of Instant Martyr sounds the same as the demo to me

Thank you for the update... I was really really curious. :wink2:

At the same time, I still can't wait to buy the first song he has ever recorded and make sure he gets money for that.

It wasn't supposed to be on YouTube either. :wink2:

Well I have bought it, but it has not arrived yet. I got an e-mail from HMV that it was sent to me on 19/7 but it hasn't arrived yet (I got a notice from the parcel service as I wasn't home when he came onto my door). I expect the second delivery today.

Where have you buy that one? I can only find big girl on Amazon :shocked: