Where did you buy Big Girl?

CazGirl

Okay we all know it came out yesterday (23rd July) and I went downtown to buy it.

I went into Woolworths and it wasn't in the "Singles" section, so I asked at the counter if they had it and they looked in a drawer, but said "sorry, it seems to have dropped out" whatever the hell that means!

I looked in Choices but they only do albums, likewise with Sainsbury's.

So today I tried again in Woolworths. Wasn't in the Singles section. I asked at the counter again:

Boy: sorry we don't seem to have it. It might not be out yet.

Me: No it came out yesterday.

Boy: Oh right...well, it's not in our singles chart...we've got the album though.

Me: Nah it's alright I already got that.

lol. So...where did you lot get it? I live on a tiny island so if you got it from, say, HMV or something I'd have to travel...

I'd like to know, because I wanna help this get into the top 10 at least!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine off the HMV site two days ago, since I live in lame ass Norway:arf2:

I did the same (about two weeks ago) as I live in the wee little Netherlands where Relax has just been released as the new single...

Speaking of tiny islands: the parcel was posted from Guernsey. :naughty:

So today I tried again in Woolworths. Wasn't in the Singles section. I asked at the counter again:

Boy: Oh right...well, it's not in our singles chart...we've got the album though.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

So if they keep singles on the singles chart only, Rihanna will stay in the top 10 for the next 10 years or so...:blink:

Vicious circle...

I did the same (about two weeks ago) as I live in the wee little Netherlands where Relax has just been released as the new single...

Speaking of tiny islands: the parcel was posted from Guernsey. :naughty:

Wow, two weeks? Relax has just been released here aswell..Well, you can't buy it of course, but it's like number 2 in the charts..for some reason.

Pre-ordered on HMV i got mine on monday ! for the person asking about asda , that right they dont sell cd singles anymore i also told them i was well pissed with them :thumbdown:

Okay we all know it came out yesterday (23rd July) and I went downtown to buy it.

I went into Woolworths and it wasn't in the "Singles" section, so I asked at the counter if they had it and they looked in a drawer, but said "sorry, it seems to have dropped out" whatever the hell that means!

I looked in Choices but they only do albums, likewise with Sainsbury's.

Me: Nah it's alright I already got that.

lol. So...where did you lot get it? I live on a tiny island so if you got it from, say, HMV or something I'd have to travel...

I'd like to know, because I wanna help this get into the top 10 at least!

Caz - de ja vou!!! the exact same thing happened to me at woolworths they usually do singles and i was told they wouldnt have it til next week :blink:

i mean exactly how is it meant to get to the tope ten if we cant buy it!!!!!

i resorted to getting it online

Caz - de ja vou!!! the exact same thing happened to me at woolworths they usually do singles and i was told they wouldnt have it til next week :blink:

i mean exactly how is it meant to get to the tope ten if we cant buy it!!!!!

i resorted to getting it online

im glad someone else had the same problem! i just thought it was my crappy woolworths! im gonna go get it today at HMV...i WILL get it!!!

Got the 7" and 12" from HMV in Northampton, but they had no cds. Got the CD from Virgin (who had no vinyl!), though did manage to pick up a 12" of Love Today :thumb_yello:

Unusually for HMV the 7" was cheaper in-store than online. £1.99 rather than £2.99 ... worth knowing for anyone who can get to a HMV store, I realise not everyone can.

I got the CD single in Virgin and the vinyl 7" in HMV. Couldn't get hold of the 12" vinyl yet, but am working on it.

The remix by Tom Middleton is different, very much reminds me of that song "Doop" by Doop with it's backbeat.

Instant Martyr is another great ballard, I like the Here Comes The Sun bit at the end.

Sweet Dreams live is just mind blowing.

I searched a lot where to buy Mika singles and HMV has them in reasonable price. But because of the quite expensive P&P (2 £ each, you lucky have free delivery in UK :naughty: ) I got them from ebay. There is a seller called Recordshack and they sold 7" + 12"+ CDM together in 9,95£ at Buy it now price. I got earlier my Love Today CDM and 7" also there. So now I'm waiting my order to arrive :thumb_yello: