Another one: Freqency cancelled!

mellody

sigh :boxed:

all I can say, is that I am sorry for the german/austrian fans and everyone who was supposed to go.

I have already stated what i think about it plenty of times, and frankly i think people's tired of hearing me talk about this. :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara :

1-Fans are buying tickets for these festivals (more expensive than solo artist tix)

2-A festival is a reason for non-fans to discover him live (that's the point of a festival)

and festival tickets can't be refunded...

Sara :

1-Fans are buying tickets for these festivals (more expensive than solo artist tix)

2-A festival is a reason for non-fans to discover him live (that's the point of a festival)

I know, I know, I wasn't implying that it isn't bad to cancel them, I just think that it (possibly) causes more disappointment to cancel a whole solo gig than a set at a festival......

At least that is the way I see it.

Obviously I agree that it IS an issue, that it's bad, and that it's most likely a breach of whichever contract they sign with these festivals..

I think that the whole organisation is a bit bad, and they need to fix it.

Anyway, are you THE Stephane that I met at the ICA?

If so, thanks for everything.

:wink2:

Sara.

And he cancelled one solo show : Lyon July 12th (part of the cancellations series with Spain that week).

OH!!

I didn't know about this one.

So it probably is worse than I thought.

Oh dear

:blush-anim-cl:

Guest Sofia
Erm... How would i say that ? ... Erm... Portugal is already cancelled, dear... :blink: Sorry...

Is it? Where is that? hmm..you're kidding...hehe

Guest Sofia

That's really true!! But why???? I don't understand!!! Making the fans buy the ticket and get excited and everything...and then he doesn't come??? Well I think it's really bad!! BAD, BAD, BAD!! That's not fair! I'm mad! Really Mad. Well I'm furious. I know that Portugal isn't America or UK, but he shouldn't do that! I'm very very upset!:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :sneaky2:

That's really true!! But why???? I don't understand!!! Making the fans buy the ticket and get excited and everything...and then he doesn't come??? Well I think it's really bad!! BAD, BAD, BAD!! That's not fair! I'm mad! Really Mad. Well I'm furious. I know that Portugal isn't America or UK, but he shouldn't do that! I'm very very upset!:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :sneaky2:

yeah it's bad :emot-sad: don't know what to say really, it just sucks :emot-sad:

:huglove:

Welcome to the club... But unfortunately, it's a festival, so HE wasn't supposed to make you buy tickets for HIM...

But it's an endless discussion, and i understand your frustration... Though which a lot of us already went through...

welcome to my world!

All right, I've been doing some thinking about this.

Before I get any flack for this I'd like to repeat that I still think that it's really bad not to honour contracts, appointments or festival appearances, and I don't want to get any enemies in the MFC over it.

This is in response to my previous post, which had people replying to me with arguments such as "but festival tickets cost a lot" and "they are not refundable".

When one buys a ticket for a festival, it is with the PRIOR knowledge that these will not be refunded (unless the whole thing is cancelled I assume), and that anything can happen to any particular act on the day.

I think that this sort of thing is important and should be taken into consideration when one buys a ticket thinking of going to a festival ONLY to see a certain artist; There is a risk there, and by buying the ticket, one is implicitly willing to accept this risk and the possible consequences of it.

This has nothing to do with whether it is wrong or not to cancel the attendance to the festivals -I repeat that I find it wrong to cancel Mika's if there is not a valid reason for it.

All that I wanted to say is that by buying the ticket one ACCEPTS the terms of it and the risks involved, so it seems a bit pointless to throw arguments such as the ones mentioned above when things go wrong.

Also, I do feel very sorry for those who had planned to go to a festival just to see him and end up disappointed because he cancelled it, I really do, IT SUCKS!!!

And his management or Mika himself should really start thinking of a different way to manage his obviously unmanageable schedule before the boy falls sick for real.

But I think that what is fair is fair and I wanted to make that statement, because I get the feeling that this has been overlooked.

...And before I get stones thrown at me for opening my mouth abut this again, I will be on my way....:biggrin2:

Sara.

There is at least one person who won't throw any stones Sara, and that is me. I totally agree with every word you just said. People who have read my comments concerning the subject over the last couple of weeks might have noticed. :wink2:

Oh well, I won't annoy people by repeating myself over and over again. :wink2:

I'm not actually trying to throw stones around here, I just disagree. At Nibe festival he was the (only :blink: ) headlining artist, there was nothing else to come for that day. It's a very small festival and for them to get an artist like Mika was a big thing. When I choose to buy a ticket for THAT festival and not one of the bigger festivals in my country with a lot of international acts then it is of course only to see Mika. I did know that the ticket could not be refunded (and I didn't want it refunded - he was replaced by my favourite band :biggrin2: ) but to say that it's kinda alright to cancel such a festival because there are lots of bands playing isn't really right. The other artists we could see there play like 200 times a year in Denmark, he was the only international artist that day and we clearly bought our tickets to see him the same way as we would have done it for a concert where only he would play. Noone would buy a festival ticket to see Danish rap you know :blink:

But again it's not about the fact that it was cancelled - hey, tough luck but we'll survive. It's about the fact that it was cancelled for no apparant reason that pisses me off. If he is sick and cancels a gig then it's just that. But to stand there in the mud and hear them announce from the stage that he had lost his voice, KNOWING that he did a secret gig in Reading the day before - after he cancelled the festival, that just isn't fair!

Thanks Sariflor and Cynthia Mulat. :blush-anim-cl:

I should say that yeah, except for Lyon, he has only been cancelling festivals so far, so it's not as bad as could be. Though it's obviously also not as good as it could be. (I am now never buying any festival tickets unless at least 3 acts I love and several more I like will be there!)

I should also say that sadly, I don't think we'll ever get an upfront explanation about what's going on, and no admission of having overbooked his schedule. However, I do think they're doing the best they can now to deal with it. They're still doing the "intermittent ENT infection" excuse, but much as we scoff at the idea of them "knowing" he'll have an ear infection weeks in advance when he's playing a show tomorrow, at least they are giving advance notice on the cancellations now!

Which doesn't really make it all that much better, but they're obviously trying to just work through the mess now. This is why I'm no longer upset, just kind of resigned, and waiting for them to carry through to the end of this tour and then see.

If his management is still this unprofessional next tour, well... :furious:

--Jack

P.S. The good side to all this--and I actually do mean it!--is that at least they've realized how intense his schedule was and are giving him breaks now! I was worried for a while there that they'd push on and he would just get seriously sick for real.

Still sucks an awful lot for the fans though, as they shouldn't have to pay for Mika's health.

I should say that yeah, except for Lyon, he has only been cancelling festivals so far, so it's not as bad as could be. Though it's obviously also not as good as it could be. (I am now never buying any festival tickets unless at least 3 acts I love and several more I like will be there!)

I should also say that sadly, I don't think we'll ever get an upfront explanation about what's going on, and no admission of having overbooked his schedule. However, I do think they're doing the best they can now to deal with it. They're still doing the "intermittent ENT infection" excuse, but much as we scoff at the idea of them "knowing" he'll have an ear infection weeks in advance when he's playing a show tomorrow, at least they are giving advance notice on the cancellations now!

Which doesn't really make it all that much better, but they're obviously trying to just work through the mess now. This is why I'm no longer upset, just kind of resigned, and waiting for them to carry through to the end of this tour and then see.

--Jack

P.S. The good side to all this--and I actually do mean it!--is that at least they've realized how intense his schedule was and are giving him breaks now! I was worried for a while there that they'd push on and he would just get seriously sick for real.

Still sucks an awful lot for the fans though, as they shouldn't have to pay for Mika's health.

i always agree with you...shall i start worrying? :naughty:

I'm not actually trying to throw stones around here, I just disagree. At Nibe festival he was the (only :blink: ) headlining artist, there was nothing else to come for that day. It's a very small festival and for them to get an artist like Mika was a big thing. When I choose to buy a ticket for THAT festival and not one of the bigger festivals in my country with a lot of international acts then it is of course only to see Mika. I did know that the ticket could not be refunded (and I didn't want it refunded - he was replaced by my favourite band :biggrin2: ) but to say that it's kinda alright to cancel such a festival because there are lots of bands playing isn't really right. The other artists we could see there play like 200 times a year in Denmark, he was the only international artist that day and we clearly bought our tickets to see him the same way as we would have done it for a concert where only he would play. Noone would buy a festival ticket to see Danish rap you know :blink:

But again it's not about the fact that it was cancelled - hey, tough luck but we'll survive. It's about the fact that it was cancelled for no apparant reason that pisses me off. If he is sick and cancels a gig then it's just that. But to stand there in the mud and hear them announce from the stage that he had lost his voice, KNOWING that he did a secret gig in Reading the day before - after he cancelled the festival, that just isn't fair!

Hi Kata,

I don't mind disagreement ,after all we're all entitled to our opinions!

I would like to say though that (quoting you:" to say that it's kinda alright to cancel such a festival because there are lots of bands playing isn't really right) I never said such a thing.

I didn't say that it was all right, in fact I don't think it is ok at all, I was just saying that that was something that could happen and people know that in advance.

And for what feels like the 100th time, yes, I know it sucks! It does! So I understand if people are angry, etc, etc, and it is a very clear sign of poor management.

I think that all this non-stop singing and travelling is starting to take its toll on Mika's voice and that is what they are trying to do, to preserve it and avoid him having real trouble.

Again, done the wrong way obviously, but hey we knew that already.

OOOOOOOOH this forum has me hooked now, there is so much interesting stuff going on :thumb_yello:

Sara.

--Jack

Jack- I am worried too: I keep agreeing with you all the time.

Maybe we were born twins and separated at birth and shipped to different continents?

HAHAHAHAHA

:shocked:

I'm soooooooooooooo tired of these discussions :boxed:

Anyway :

- Lyon was a sort of festival BUT the kind of Series, not proper festival, so one concert per night, people who bought the ticket bought for Mika and the support, no one else. And they got the possibility to get refunded (i think)

- They will NEVER cancel tours gigs the same way they cancel those festival, so you don't have to worry : just look at how he was during the last US tour, with his (real this time) chest infection, still performing, still taking his shirt off, still signing, etc. Because it was a tour.

- Yes this behaviour from the organization sucks. But what can we do ? Nothing.

Hi Kata,

I don't mind disagreement ,after all we're all entitled to our opinions!

I would like to say though that (quoting you:" to say that it's kinda alright to cancel such a festival because there are lots of bands playing isn't really right) I never said such a thing.

I didn't say that it was all right, in fact I don't think it is ok at all, I was just saying that that was something that could happen and people know that in advance.

And for what feels like the 100th time, yes, I know it sucks! It does! So I understand if people are angry, etc, etc, and it is a very clear sign of poor management.

I think that all this non-stop singing and travelling is starting to take its toll on Mika's voice and that is what they are trying to do, to preserve it and avoid him having real trouble.

Again, done the wrong way obviously, but hey we knew that already.

OOOOOOOOH this forum has me hooked now, there is so much interesting stuff going on :thumb_yello:

Sara.

Yeh true we know what we buy and I'm not whining as loud about that as I could have :naughty: Just in the particular case of Nibe festival it was a really lousy choice to cancel that one on the grounds that there's lots more to see or whatever it is they choose from when they choose to cancel the festivals instead of the real concerts...oh well :blink:

I do see the sense it what people write here, it just doesn't make me less bitter and twisted :fisch: