Another one: Freqency cancelled!

mellody

yeah and my daughter gets tonsillitis a lot and I just keep thinking of air con and how that environment (like in planes etc) will be full of nasty bugs

But don't you think if he had some nasty bug or ear problems that prevented him from flying on August 15 that he wouldn't have gotten on a plane to Japan yesterday?

If he's really got a lingering health issue he should clear his schedule now and get treatment. Obviously they are being very selective about which gigs are cancelled whether he has a legitimate health problem or not. That's an undeniable fact at this stage.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Yop -- wasn't trying to moderate you, said I was trying to BE moderate. Slight difference... :)

As in, I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I'm no doctor, but I am a mom, and when my son was younger he had

an ear infection that wouldn't clear up. We tried 7 different antibiotics

over the course of 9 weeks before finding one that actually knocked out

whatever bacteria he had. It was a looooong 9 weeks.

I'm just sayin'... it could be something similar going on here.

Or it could be as you say.

I'm just offering up a different viewpoint, that's all.

dcdeb

No no !! I didn't say you were trying to moderate me ! :roftl: I just said that you wouldn't have to in the future of this thread... Playing with words, since you're a mod and were trying to BE moderate :naughty: But well... I'm the only one who laughed at it :boxed: No problem, i'm used to that :bleh:

Anyway...

And like Christine said, they're being very selective on which gigs will actually be cancelled or not...

Poor boy :mf_rosetinted: Whatever his ears have (or not), those cancellations will for sure have some consequences... Or not :mf_rosetinted:

But don't you think if he had some nasty bug or ear problems that prevented him from flying on August 15 that he wouldn't have gotten on a plane to Japan yesterday?

If he's really got a lingering health issue he should clear his schedule now and get treatment. Obviously they are being very selective about which gigs are cancelled whether he has a legitimate health problem or not. That's an undeniable fact at this stage.

Well like I said in the rest of the post,

I just wish they would if they could just say what the problem is and go into a little more detail and not just keep repeating this ENT st0of because it is certainly suspicious to say he is going to have it in 3 weeks time etc :blink: it just doesn't stack up, they really ought to sort out their story if they plan on cancelling more gigs

Whatever his ears have (or not), those cancellations will for sure have some consequences... Or not :mf_rosetinted:

You're so right about that -- it's creating a huge PR and credibility problem,

at least here, among his biggest fans and best friends!

As bab said, though, perhaps we're hyper aware of what's going on...

the "average" fan who isn't on this site daily maybe doesn't know or even

care about the ongoing cancellation issues...

But I do agree, it would be much smarter, PR-wise, for them to have been a

little more upfront and honest, so that all this rumor and speculation

wouldn't be swirling around.

dcdeb

You're so right about that -- it's creating a huge PR and credibility problem,

at least here, among his biggest fans and best friends!

As bab said, though, perhaps we're hyper aware of what's going on...

the "average" fan who isn't on this site daily maybe doesn't know or even

care about the ongoing cancellation issues...

But I do agree, it would be much smarter, PR-wise, for them to have been a

little more upfront and honest, so that all this rumor and speculation

wouldn't be swirling around.

dcdeb

Think it's true that most people aren't aware of what is going on.... But in Denmark people are aware of it and that might be why the concert in November isn't anywhere near sold out, even though it's the smallest venue he is doing in winter :boxed:

Well like I said in the rest of the post,

Quote:

I just wish they would if they could just say what the problem is and go into a little more detail and not just keep repeating this ENT st0of because it is certainly suspicious to say he is going to have it in 3 weeks time etc :blink: it just doesn't stack up, they really ought to sort out their story if they plan on cancelling more gigs

I think the story is that he's got better things to do than these gigs he booked so far in advance he didn't realize he was going to have better things to do. But neither the festival organizers nor Mika's management are going to make any statements to that effect so we're going to continue to hear implausible excuses.

I think it's something fans are going to have to learn to live with - or not. Whichever they choose.

Kata you could be right about fans rejecting him or simply not trusting him enough to buy tickets, but it could also go back to the reasons for this selective cancelling in the first place. Maybe the demand hasn't been there all along which is why he saw the festivals are more expendable than other gigs.

I think the story is that he's got better things to do than these gigs he booked so far in advance he didn't realize he was going to have better things to do. But neither the festival organizers nor Mika's management are going to make any statements to that effect so we're going to continue to hear implausible excuses.

I think it's something fans are going to have to learn to live with - or not. Whichever they choose.

Kata you could be right about fans rejecting him or simply not trusting him enough to buy tickets, but it could also go back to the reasons for this selective cancelling in the first place. Maybe the demand hasn't been there all along which is why he saw the festivals are more expendable than other gigs.

I guess it is both - and...no promotion = no interest, no interest = no promotion and so on :boxed:

mika has cancelled his appearance at the frequency festival (salzburg/austria) in august, due to ENT problems (ear, nose throat). see here: http://www.oeticket.com/portal/de/news/changes/latest/26738/frequency_news_mika_und_the_used_abgesagt.html (website in german, it just says about mika what i just mentioned)

at least it's a few weeks in advance, but again, who is supposed to believe him the ENT problems, when he does several other gigs until then?! (which he surely will). well, we've had this topic several times already, it just doesn't stop. :boxed:

Salzburg? I was there a week ago! that's so close....why Mika why!!!! He cancelled all the shows that I may could go!

...luckily I didn't buy tickets for this festival!!!

The "festival thing" is just not right....First wanting to play at all of these festivals, but then, in the end cancel them all!

:boxed:

I hope you MFClers who are going there are not too disappointed!

mika has cancelled his appearance at the frequency festival (salzburg/austria) in august, due to ENT problems (ear, nose throat). see here: http://www.oeticket.com/portal/de/news/changes/latest/26738/frequency_news_mika_und_the_used_abgesagt.html (website in german, it just says about mika what i just mentioned)

at least it's a few weeks in advance, but again, who is supposed to believe him the ENT problems, when he does several other gigs until then?! (which he surely will). well, we've had this topic several times already, it just doesn't stop. :boxed:

Opps...this excuse by now is a little bit sad and dated :boxed:

Oh well there we go again! :roftl:

I see nothing wrong with fans getting upset with such news and even being angry at Mika. I've said before, being someone's fan does not equal giving them absolute, blind, unswerving, unconditional adoration no matter what. It's perfectly possible to love someone's work and love them and still be pissed off when that someone acts in a less-than-upstanding way.

I'd be a little scared if being on a fanclub forum meant we were not allowed to be critical of anything Mika did, ever. Especially when it comes to cancelling gigs on the fans, which, as I've said before, is a breach of basic contract, and has to do with the fans directly. (As opposed to say, getting all bothered if Mika did something we didn't like in his personal life, which is none of our business.)

I'm not upset or even annoyed anymore because I'm just resigned to it, but I really am disappointed in the management here.

--Jack

I feel quite powerful at the moment for I have the strange misgiving that Rothenburg will be cancelled the minute after I'll have ordered tickets (if I should surrender to the unsensible temptation...) This is a really hard decision and actually being four in one doesn't make it much easier (:thumb_yello::thumbdown::argue: )... maybe I should spike the uncertainty of Mika performing or not performing there, order the tix and get fond of Pink... just in case... :lmao:

I see nothing wrong with fans getting upset with such news and even being angry at Mika. I've said before, being someone's fan does not equal giving them absolute, blind, unswerving, unconditional adoration no matter what. It's perfectly possible to love someone's work and love them and still be pissed off when that someone acts in a less-than-upstanding way.

I'd be a little scared if being on a fanclub forum meant we were not allowed to be critical of anything Mika did, ever. Especially when it comes to cancelling gigs on the fans, which, as I've said before, is a breach of basic contract, and has to do with the fans directly. (As opposed to say, getting all bothered if Mika did something we didn't like in his personal life, which is none of our business.)

I'm not upset or even annoyed anymore because I'm just resigned to it, but I really am disappointed in the management here.

--Jack

Omgs! Jack, i love you!!! This post is like music to my ears. Finally a sensible understanding of what a fan is and shouldn't be. Lets not get carried away people. He's only human.

I feel quite powerful at the moment for I have the strange misgiving that Rothenburg will be cancelled the minute after I'll have ordered tickets

well, then please do me a favour and DON'T order tickets for ibiza! :naughty::bleh: i also wanted to go to frequency, and i want to go to taubertal - but i can make this a last minute decision (and well, if i have to buy a ticket more expensive cause it's sold out, that's better than buying one in advance and mika cancelling). but i had to book the flight to ibiza in advance - although i know there's a risk of him cancelling. actually i just feel like playing roulette or something! :sneaky2: wish me luck that i win the jackpot of seeing him twice within 3 weeks! :lmao: - already was very lucky with florence! :naughty:

Be sure he will NEVER cancel Ibiza.

i know what you mean, it's very unlikely - but i'd never use a definite word like "NEVER" when it comes to "their" decisions! :naughty::roftl:

Guest Sofia

Well I hope he doesn't cancel Portugal...he used to come here (Portugal) when he was a child when his mother wanted to run away from his father. So MIKA, don't cancel Portugal! Pleeeease!:biggrin2::bleh:

Well I hope he doesn't cancel Portugal...he used to come here (Portugal) when he was a child when his mother wanted to run away from his father. So MIKA, don't cancel Portugal! Pleeeease!:biggrin2::bleh:

Erm... How would i say that ? ... Erm... Portugal is already cancelled, dear... :blink: Sorry...

--Jack

Good post and well said Jack,

I agree with most of it, as of course us Mika-fans (and anyone else for that matter) have the prerrogative to be upset and angry with this type of incident, because people put a lot of effort into organising things, and if you're looking forward to something there's nothing worse than having it all cancelled for a reason that you 'know' is not real.

There is one thing I'd like to say though, and no, it's not a 'defending poor Mika' post, and I'm not some crazed silly Mika-fan who will accept anything; in fact if anything I'm a highly critical individual and I don't like being taken for a ride.........

Anyway, to the point: what i was going to say is that I still think that there is a difference between cancelling a Mika only gig,for which people buy tickets specifically to see him and nobody else, than to cancel a festival where there are tons of acts of which he is one who plays 1 or 2 songs, and people go to these for the whole experience and because a few artists tht they want to see are there.

As far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong and I missed something) he hasn't cancelled any solo Mika gigs yet...So there is a slight difference there.

I just wish that his management team would realise that they have overbooked him, that he is getting sick all the time,and that they need to be upfront about it and make some sort of public statement to avoid any more issues like these, which will ultimately only backfire on him.

That would be really sad because I really want him to do well and have a solid, good reputation.

Not sure if anyone will be bothered to read such a long winded post (I just can't stop myself when I start writing!!) but I felt like I needed to say it.

Sara.