Mika Gets Married

greta

Next Year's Celebrity Musicals

Saturday, September 15 2007, 08:56 BST

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

When exactly did musical theatre go pop? During the last decade we've enjoyed stage shows based on Abba anthems, Queen classics and Rod Stewart stormers. Hell, even Boney M's tinny old back catalogue has been given a West End airing. This trend, for better or for worse, looks certain to continue.

Earlier this week a well-known composer/ theatre impresario/ knight of the realm asked Gay Spy to cast a discerning eye over his latest hit-packed stage projects. Because we want you to be ahead of the theatre-going pack, we've decided to reveal all: these are the musicals that will be dazzling West End audiences in 2008.

Oh Andy, will you ever forgive us?

160x120_mika01.jpg

Mika Gets Married

The premise: A flamboyant, whippet-thin Lebanese dandy is handed an ultimatum by his overbearing father: if he doesn't find a bride within a week, he'll lose his six-figure inheritance. Our hero embarks on a series of disastrous dates with stylish, gym-honed glamour-pusses, but Cupid's bow keeps on missing his yearning heart. Just as he's about to resign himself to a penniless future, he happens upon a strange, colourful new world: the local branch of KFC.

The stars: Leo Sayer as Mika, Beth Ditto as the love interest

The tunes: 'Grace Kelly', 'Love Today', a generous smattering of Queen covers

The show-stopping moment: Mika Gets Married features the feel-good finale of the year, in which our hero marries his dream woman to the jubilant tones of ‘Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)’. In a stroke of musical genius, Mika's modern pop classic segues into a Hi-NRG version of Queen's 'Fat Bottomed Girls'.

(...) http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gayspy/a75662/next-years-celebrity-musicals.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sincerely I'm quite offended by this kinda trashy news bout the Mighty:mf_rosetinted:

it's a Mika aler I find in my gmail :wink2:when I starded the subscription a year ago I received news only about Hakkinen or Nakashima:bleh:

now this Lebanese is everywhere:biggrin2:

...che se ne parli male o bene l'importante è che se ne parli..

(don't rember the oscar wilde quotation:blush-anim-cl:)

[The premise: A flamboyant, whippet-thin Lebanese dandy is handed an ultimatum by his overbearing father: if he doesn't find a bride within a week, he'll lose his six-figure inheritance. Our hero embarks on a series of disastrous dates with stylish, gym-honed glamour-pusses, but Cupid's bow keeps on missing his yearning heart. Just as he's about to resign himself to a penniless future, he happens upon a strange, colourful new world: the local branch of KFC.

The stars: Leo Sayer as Mika, Beth Ditto as the love interest

The tunes: 'Grace Kelly', 'Love Today', a generous smattering of Queen covers

The show-stopping moment: Mika Gets Married features the feel-good finale of the year, in which our hero marries his dream woman to the jubilant tones of ‘Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)’. In a stroke of musical genius, Mika's modern pop classic segues into a Hi-NRG version of Queen's 'Fat Bottomed Girls'.

(...) http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gayspy/a75662/next-years-celebrity-musicals.html

KFC - see, I told you!

ROFL! I'D CERTAINLY PAY TO SEE THAT! HAHAHA. i'm absolutely sure the play will bring in a lot of money. Can you imagine MFC in full at the premiere? :biggrin2: The author of this article is a genius and I agree with you, Cynthia:

Sounds like the person who created that has a lot of time on their hands. they should join the mfc. lol!

:roftl: Thanks for sharing!