MIKA vs MIKA : In the Sun Newspaper

CazGirl

MIKA faces a blow to his bid for pop supremecy - from a Belgian female raggae artist with the same name.

The other Mika is threatening to sue our rising new superstar for allegedly nicking her moniker.

She claims she registered it in the 1980's.

And she wants her London-based rival to either change his name or pay the damages.

Despite having released five albums the Belgian Mika isn't exactly a household name - even in her own country.

But she insisted "I was called Mika before him and have registered the name. Even though his real name is Mica, I think he should change it."

ATTACK

A source close to the, erm, star said "She's not happy. There's only enough room for one Mika in the popworld - and she was here first."

Reggae Mika has hardly set the charts alight.

She released debut single MLK in 1989 but it attracted little attention. If you want to to buy it you can get it from her website for £2. (LMFAO sorry but that so made me laugh hard!)

Her subsequent releases haven't done much better.

In contrast our Mika burst onto the Pop scene in January with no.1 single Grace Kelly.

Just eight months later his debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, has sold more than three million copies worldwide, including more than 900, 000 in the UK, making it triple platinum.

The album has hit No.1 in a dozen-plus countries, from across Europe to the Far East.

He is the biggest new artist in Europe and the biggest selling UK act in the world this year after Amy Winehouse.

His private life makes for pretty amazing reading too.

Mika's family were forced to leave war-torn Lebanon to Paris before moving to London when he was a child.

So I don't think he'll be losing too much sleep over this latest attack.

But it could end up costing him a bit of money since his real name is spelt slightly differently. (EVEN THOUGH BELGIUM WOMAN'S REAL NAME IS SOPHIE!)

Last night his manager was not available to comment. In the past, acts have been forced to cough up to keep a disputed name or have had to change it - including Liberty X, who were originally called Liberty.

Sounds to me like this other Mika is trying to take liberty too.

So. Proof. It's all for publicity and money, she's even made UK papers now!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she's jealous of him.

exactly. She's been around for about 20 years with a poor career. Someone comes along with the same name and sees her chance for fame for a change. That's all it's about - getting her name in the spotlight. Not that she's getting good publicity. Mica has plenty more fans than Sophie has.

she's an absolute cow and I hate her already lol.

Mika could change his name to Mika P. Or Mika Penniman. He can always add something after to keep the same spelling of his first name.

Or maybe Mika From London because Mika From Belgium Is A Complete Bitch :bleh:

do you think she'd mind that?

LMAO :roftl:

she's an absolute cow and I hate her already lol.

Mika could change his name to Mika P. Or Mika Penniman. He can always add something after to keep the same spelling of his first name.

Or maybe Mika From London because Mika From Belgium Is A Complete Bitch :bleh:

do you think she'd mind that?

LMAO :roftl:

I was going to say she could change her name to MILKA (as she is good at MILKING celebs for publicity) but then she'd have the chocolate people on her case:mf_rosetinted:

I think she must change her stage name ,not our mica !

She's a idiot !:mf_rosetinted:

sorry for being so bad !

I really don't agree with that. I hate all the fuss, but she WAS first, and in my opinion she is totally right that she was FIRST. She doesn't have to change her name in my opinion, if anyone would have to change his name it should be Mika... But that doesn't mean I'm not angry about this situation...

:fisch:

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

my thoughts exactly. It annoys me more that she has the right to do it!

I was going to say she could change her name to MILKA (as she is good at MILKING celebs for publicity) but then she'd have the chocolate people on her case:mf_rosetinted:

hahaha love it!

OMG this thread had me laughing till tears poured down my face.

I am going back to re-read your comments to do it all again.

Who gives a flying F about the loser Belgian Mika who has the same name as HALF OF FRICKIN' JAPAN's girls and a good number of FINLAND's BOYS anyway. What's she gonna do about that???

And as OUR Mika says, it means plastic bag in Morocco. Put her head in one, someone please.

I really don't agree with that. I hate all the fuss, but she WAS first, and in my opinion she is totally right that she was FIRST. She doesn't have to change her name in my opinion, if anyone would have to change his name it should be Mika... But that doesn't mean I'm not angry about this situation...

:fisch:

no i see where you're coming from. She has every right and that BUGS ME SOOOOOOO MUCH. I was screaming at my mum about it lmfao XD

that aside, Mica's name IS Mika, just with a K instead. Her real name is SOPHIE. I think she should change hers :bleh:

no i see where you're coming from. She has every right and that BUGS ME SOOOOOOO MUCH. I was screaming at my mum about it lmfao XD

that aside, Mica's name IS Mika, just with a K instead. Her real name is SOPHIE. I think she should change hers :bleh:

Well you know, I don't really see why Mika just doesn't change his name to Mica, it's not like people don't know who he is now, or don't know how to pronounce his name...

But what makes me angry about this situation, is that she went to the press with it in order to make more fame for herself... She could have just sued him anyway without stepping to the press.

OMG this thread had me laughing till tears poured down my face.

I am going back to re-read your comments to do it all again.

Who gives a flying F about the loser Belgian Mika who has the same name as HALF OF FRICKIN' JAPAN's girls and a good number of FINLAND's BOYS anyway. What's she gonna do about that???

And as OUR Mika says, it means plastic bag in Morocco. Put her head in one, someone please.

LMFAO! And Mika should have the honours of tying it round her neck :lmao:

sorry that was REALLY sadistic, but Blue Sky started it :bleh:

but, the reason why she isn't sueing Mika Nakashima and Mika Hakkien is because:

1) They have kept to their own countries *maybe apart from Hakkien, as he's a rally driver*

2) They're not just "Mika". They have something after their name, so they don't cause a problem.

FECKIN HELL.

Well you know, I don't really see why Mika just doesn't change his name to Mica, it's not like people don't know who he is now, or don't know how to pronounce his name...

But what makes me angry about this situation, is that she went to the press with it in order to make more fame for herself... She could have just sued him anyway without stepping to the press.

i know. She doesn't care about the name. She just saw something to complain about so she could get some money and actually be known.

I think also the reason why Mika chose MIKA is not just because of mispronounciations, but also because he doesn't like discussing his private life and rightly so, so it could have been another way of seperating career and privacy.

Yes, soft cuddly curly c in Mica for his lovely sweet private self, and cool kicking k in Mika for his edgy, pop-saviour musical geniusness.

It just needs to stay that way!!

lol!

why can't everyone just be friends? :tears:

NO HOPE, NO LOVE, NO GLORY

NO HAPPY EEEENNDIIINNGG

Sorry. Just feelin a bit melacholy here.