MIKA vs MIKA : In the Sun Newspaper

CazGirl

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes, it's nice to live here. :roftl:

But I'm really a bit ashamed about that woman.

*walks to Martine*

me too :sneaky2:

why does she have to live in Belgium?

and I've never heard of her in my whole life :sneaky2:

:groupwave:

BIG LOVE TO ALL BELGIANS

(except Sophie thingie :sneaky2: )

Well this woman in my opinion should stick with her own name afterall that's what MIKA is doing! He might be called Michael but has always been known as Mic/ka!

There is also other artists called Mika is she taking them all to court????

As I have said Universal will stand by our man so no worries! :0)

xx

I read this this morning, waiting for an MRI, and me and my mum were laughing at the part where it said;

"I know his name is Mika, but I think he should change it anyway" or something. Even the paper said, in nice words, get over youself you stupid moo. Let's face it, no one will mistake him for her will they?

*Looking through CD shelf*

Number 1: Mika *all bright and colourful*

Bargain Bin: Mika. *Female on the front*

Person after crappy CD (no offence person) "I wonder which one is from Belgium and sings reggae oh, and is also Female?"

But what makes me angry about this situation, is that she went to the press with it in order to make more fame for herself... She could have just sued him anyway without stepping to the press.
ditto that is the precise reason why she SHOULDNT get away with it as she is gonna win in all ways by getting dosh off him, publicity, a career boost, and she may even keep the name too, now THAT stinks to me nearly as bad as she looks like she stinks.:sneaky2:

This could end up like the case where someone called Mike Rowe was sued by Microsoft for starting a company called MikeRoweSoft. He settled that case and changed his name but got a pretty decent deal outta it. Also, it was felt in that case that he could have won the case had it gone all the way cos it was a legitimate use of his name (not like Liberty X, as I doubt any of them are actually called Liberty), and as Mika is actually called Mica, whereas little miss lawyer friendly is called Sophie, he sure has that going for him. Plus, since her career is hardly a success story, any damages she could be awarded would me minimal, unless she's awarded punitive damages, which is illegal so damn unlikely. And, as she's demanding what are no doubt excessive damages anyway (would have to see how much she's demanding compared to how much she's actually lost as a result of Mika using the name) Mika could just say it's a claim made in bad faith, as she's just hoping to make a quick profit out of the case. Anyway, if anything I'd say she's probably profited from it anyway, cos some muppets are bound to have accidentally downloaded her song mistaking it for our Mika.

Anyway... sorry to go all lawyer on you guys... just my opinion.

This could end up like the case where someone called Mike Rowe was sued by Microsoft for starting a company called MikeRoweSoft. He settled that case and changed his name but got a pretty decent deal outta it. Also, it was felt in that case that he could have won the case had it gone all the way cos it was a legitimate use of his name (not like Liberty X, as I doubt any of them are actually called Liberty), and as Mika is actually called Mica, whereas little miss lawyer friendly is called Sophie, he sure has that going for him. Plus, since her career is hardly a success story, any damages she could be awarded would me minimal, unless she's awarded punitive damages, which is illegal so damn unlikely. And, as she's demanding what are no doubt excessive damages anyway (would have to see how much she's demanding compared to how much she's actually lost as a result of Mika using the name) Mika could just say it's a claim made in bad faith, as she's just hoping to make a quick profit out of the case. Anyway, if anything I'd say she's probably profited from it anyway, cos some muppets are bound to have accidentally downloaded her song mistaking it for our Mika.

Anyway... sorry to go all lawyer on you guys... just my opinion.

thats fine - all points are valid. But one thing going AGAINST Mica: she had the name registered.

BUT! His record company should have looked it up first really, it's not Mica's fault. Though if they did i cant say i blame them for not finding anything xDDD :lmao:

Haha...man, I've been asked that so many times I should put a disclaimer on...

He didn't directly say we were geniuses...he said that writers in general were geniuses...so we merely interpreted that to mean ourselves...I wish he would have said that...maybe he will, we're compiling our story together and we'll give it to him (not me, since I live in the US...)