Any Christians?

JoPerrin

I'm a Christian Baptist. I found God at eastercamp '07 and every day has been getting better and better since. i'm so glad there are other Christians on here!

Awesome! Hi racinghorse83. It's great to meet you. :punk: God is so good. :wub2:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe well i'm Catholic/Christian [just to let everyone know if they weren't informed...Catholic is a type of Christianity!:bleh:]

well, i am doubting my faith/belief, i mean i went to this amazing camp last year... [i cried at some services along with the rest of the room] which is a lot for me because i never cry except for ya know like physical pain or death...of that nature....so for me to cry because of Christ and all is a big experience, and i though it'd change my life, but...once i returned back to school the next year, it went all down the drain:thumbdown:, i mean i find it just really difficult and frustrating with some rules and sometimes i just feel like were just living and dying...nothin in between.

i've prayed for god to show me and all but i've just given up:thumbdown: but i don't want to!

hehe well i'm Catholic/Christian [just to let everyone know if they weren't informed...Catholic is a type of Christianity!:bleh:]

well, i am doubting my faith/belief, i mean i went to this amazing camp last year... [i cried at some services along with the rest of the room] which is a lot for me because i never cry except for ya know like physical pain or death...of that nature....so for me to cry because of Christ and all is a big experience, and i though it'd change my life, but...once i returned back to school the next year, it went all down the drain:thumbdown:, i mean i find it just really difficult and frustrating with some rules and sometimes i just feel like were just living and dying...nothin in between.

i've prayed for god to show me and all but i've just given up:thumbdown: but i don't want to!

Thank you for sharing your heart with us musicfreak. I totally understand what you are saying. I am the first to admit that life is a bitch a lot of the time. God didn't say life would be easy, but he did promise to be right there through all our trials carrying us and giving us strength.

It sounds like when you went to camp last year you were definitely touched by his spirit and crying is such a natural thing because to feel his love and his presence is so overwhelming.

Keep praying though. If you don't really know how to pray don't worry about it. Just talk to him like anyone else. You may feel silly and like you are talking to yourself, but God hears every word you say to him, and he wants you to draw near. He promises that if you will draw near to him, then he will draw near to you.

Do you know anyone that goes to church? I encourage you to talk to any friends. Maybe they could take you to church one day or talk to you. It really helps to be around fellow believers as they can teach us many things.

Just because you experience your every day mundane life without these explosive God-moments, it doesn't mean that he is not there. He is right there in the midst of it. Invite him into your life. You will start to find him in the quiet moments, in unexpected places.

If you ever want to talk about anything, you are more than welcome to come to me. I would love to chat. :)

I'm starting to feel God in my life now...

It also doesn't hurt that I'm going to World Youth Day in Sydney next week! :punk:

Looking forward to it!

Hey Teegs :wub2: *huggles*! That is great news. God is also working in my life right now too. Change... it can be bloody scary, but it is so worth it in the end.

Have heaps of fun at World Youth Day! I'm not going unfortunately. But I was around last week for the Hillsong Conference.

Hillsong and World Youth Day back to back... God is doing awesome things in our country right now. :biggrin2:

i know what its like. at christian camps/festivals etc you get on a spiritual "high." afterwards you kinda crash. for a long time i've been on/off and doubting my faith a lot. after god cured my dad's cancer and finally answered my prayers for a real friend, how can i doubt?

to non-christians on the forum we mmsut sound like a bunch of wackos.

Hey Teegs :wub2: *huggles*! That is great news. God is also working in my life right now too. Change... it can be bloody scary, but it is so worth it in the end.

Have heaps of fun at World Youth Day! I'm not going unfortunately. But I was around last week for the Hillsong Conference.

Hillsong and World Youth Day back to back... God is doing awesome things in our country right now. :biggrin2:

HILLSONG!! i looooved hillsong united at parachute 08. switchfoot was pretty good too, although i'm not a huge fan of theirs.

my favorite christian musician is tobyMac.

what about you guys?

Def scary... I like to think He's guiding me into what I really should do with my life...

Oh cool! Was it good!

I'm only going for the weekend Mass, but I'm really looking forward to it...

He sure is doing good things for us! Too bad people have been complaining about the Church in the papers... but they'll like all the money coming into the state cause of all the pilgrims visiting...

i know what its like. at christian camps/festivals etc you get on a spiritual "high." afterwards you kinda crash. for a long time i've been on/off and doubting my faith a lot. after god cured my dad's cancer and finally answered my prayers for a real friend, how can i doubt?

I've been a bit like that too... It was especially hard when my grandmother and uncle (brother and sister) died within a few months of each other... I always thought it was unfair that they died at a younger age and with so much suffering when less kind people live for years and years and die peacefully and without pain...

Seems I always go back to my faith...

That is such an awesome testimony racinghorse. :biggrin2:

HILLSONG!! i looooved hillsong united at parachute 08. switchfoot was pretty good too, although i'm not a huge fan of theirs.

what about you guys?

My favourite band is, without a doubt, Third Day :punk:. I also love Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin.

I just got Hillsong United's latest album "This Is Our God", and I would have to say it's probably their best album yet. :thumb_yello:

what about you guys?

Not really into the Christian music scene... but if people enjoy it, that's great!

Not really into the Christian music scene... but if people enjoy it, that's great!

some bands in the christian music scene are really pathetic.

some are really good. so, i lot i don't enjoy that much, and i like quite a few "secular" artists. i guess i like all music really as long as it isn't chocka-full of swearing

some are really good. so, i lot i don't enjoy that much, and i like quite a few "secular" artists. i guess i like all music really as long as it isn't chocka-full of swearing

That's a petty good point...

I don't exactly hate Christian music... I'd listen to it if it was on the radio I guess, but I don't know if I'd enjoy it enough to buy albums...

Def scary... I like to think He's guiding me into what I really should do with my life...

Oh cool! Was it good!

I'm only going for the weekend Mass, but I'm really looking forward to it...

He sure is doing good things for us! Too bad people have been complaining about the Church in the papers... but they'll like all the money coming into the state cause of all the pilgrims visiting...

I've been a bit like that too... It was especially hard when my grandmother and uncle (brother and sister) died within a few months of each other... I always thought it was unfair that they died at a younger age and with so much suffering when less kind people live for years and years and die peacefully and without pain...

Seems I always go back to my faith...

That is so good Teegs... you must be excited about where he is taking you. Just let him take the lead, he knows what he's doing. He has a plan and purpose for everything. :D

I agree what you say re: the whole money thing, by the way. Be careful of any protests too.

thankyou. =)

i LOVE that song "tunnel" by Third Day. They played at P07, it was the first time i saw them live.

Oh yeah! They did too! They are the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. I miss Brad though! Waaaa!

some are really good. so, i lot i don't enjoy that much, and i like quite a few "secular" artists.

Ditto.

That's a petty good point...

I don't exactly hate Christian music... I'd listen to it if it was on the radio I guess, but I don't know if I'd enjoy it enough to buy albums...

It took me awhile to get into it. I certainly can't listen to everything... but I found what I did like and that's what I stick to.

That is so good Teegs... you must be excited about where he is taking you. Just let him take the lead, he knows what he's doing. He has a plan and purpose for everything. :D

I agree what you say re: the whole money thing, by the way. Be careful of any protests too.

That I will... it's pathetic that they decide now to protest about the church... obviously they don't feel strongly enough about it any other time... I've got no time for people who think others are wrong because of what they believe in...

Admittedly, I don't 100% agree with some of the things the church decide on, but I accept it because that's part of the church...

Actually, I'm glad Pope Benedict is using his visit to apologise to those who were abused by members of the church... it shows that he knows and realises it happened and that it shouldn't have happened in the first place...

I'll be proudly wearing my WYD hoodie and scarf too! :naughty:

It took me awhile to get into it. I certainly can't listen to everything... but I found what I did like and that's what I stick to.

Coolness! Some of the stuff I have listened to is not bad (some of the stuff you've had on your MS page is good), just the real heavily religious stuff I don't think I could handle... then again, the Catholic church has never been big on the arm waving religious sort of songs... though I don't mind some of the songs they use for church in Walgett!

Thank you for sharing your heart with us musicfreak. I totally understand what you are saying. I am the first to admit that life is a bitch a lot of the time. God didn't say life would be easy, but he did promise to be right there through all our trials carrying us and giving us strength.

It sounds like when you went to camp last year you were definitely touched by his spirit and crying is such a natural thing because to feel his love and his presence is so overwhelming.

Keep praying though. If you don't really know how to pray don't worry about it. Just talk to him like anyone else. You may feel silly and like you are talking to yourself, but God hears every word you say to him, and he wants you to draw near. He promises that if you will draw near to him, then he will draw near to you.

Do you know anyone that goes to church? I encourage you to talk to any friends. Maybe they could take you to church one day or talk to you. It really helps to be around fellow believers as they can teach us many things.

Just because you experience your every day mundane life without these explosive God-moments, it doesn't mean that he is not there. He is right there in the midst of it. Invite him into your life. You will start to find him in the quiet moments, in unexpected places.

If you ever want to talk about anything, you are more than welcome to come to me. I would love to chat. :)

Thank you sooo much! that helped a lot more than you could know!:bleh: it's really hard because two of my best friends are athiest...and a lot of people at my church esp. call themselves christians but then never practice any goodness outside their homes...i mean to them god is just something they pray to one hour out of the week, then it's off to life! argg and it's those kinds of people that i don't want to represent my faith! but it's also really frustrating fighting against society saying that being really close to religion is bad or 'uncool' ya know? i do have some friends that go to my church but no friends that are 'in to god' as to say. only one friend but he got married off and has moved away:tears: he was the only one that really kept me grounded and i loved talking to him and really just you know loving life....!

okay i've talked enough:blush-anim-cl:

[btw my FAVORITE christian band is Relient K!! i own all their cd's and were my obsession before mika:naughty:]

[btw my FAVORITE christian band is Relient K!! i own all their cd's and were my obsession before mika:naughty:]

i like their song must have done something right, but other than that i'm not really into relient k.

too much of their music sounds similar. i mean, it all has the same rythm and general sound. if you've heard one song, you've heard 'em all.

persoanlly my fav. artist is mika, then tobymac :punk:

i like their song must have done something right, but other than that i'm not really into relient k.

too much of their music sounds similar. i mean, it all has the same rythm and general sound. if you've heard one song, you've heard 'em all.

persoanlly my fav. artist is mika, then tobymac :punk:

I second the TobyMac comment, loved the momentum cd!

I also love Lifehouse's older music (Stanley Climbfall) reminds me of my middle school years :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you sooo much! that helped a lot more than you could know!:bleh: it's really hard because two of my best friends are athiest...and a lot of people at my church esp. call themselves christians but then never practice any goodness outside their homes...i mean to them god is just something they pray to one hour out of the week, then it's off to life! argg and it's those kinds of people that i don't want to represent my faith! but it's also really frustrating fighting against society saying that being really close to religion is bad or 'uncool' ya know? i do have some friends that go to my church but no friends that are 'in to god' as to say. only one friend but he got married off and has moved away:tears: he was the only one that really kept me grounded and i loved talking to him and really just you know loving life....!

No worries at all. :)

I know some people that attend church for the social factor, and it always makes me sad. And also... you could have the best attendance record in the world and seem to do all the right things on the outside, without ever even knowing God. Some people can go through their whole lives like that, and that's the choice that they are free to make. But you know what, He will say to those people at the appointed time "Depart from me, for I never knew you".

God is after your heart.

He wants you to draw near in faith. He wants you to love him. He already loves you with an everlasting love. You are precious in his sight. He loves you so much he was willing to give up everything he had for you... his only son. And he loves you so much he chose to die for you. THAT is how awesome and special you are to him. :biggrin2:

That I will... it's pathetic that they decide now to protest about the church... obviously they don't feel strongly enough about it any other time... I've got no time for people who think others are wrong because of what they believe in...

Admittedly, I don't 100% agree with some of the things the church decide on, but I accept it because that's part of the church...

Actually, I'm glad Pope Benedict is using his visit to apologise to those who were abused by members of the church... it shows that he knows and realises it happened and that it shouldn't have happened in the first place...

I'll be proudly wearing my WYD hoodie and scarf too! :naughty:

Coolness! Some of the stuff I have listened to is not bad (some of the stuff you've had on your MS page is good), just the real heavily religious stuff I don't think I could handle... then again, the Catholic church has never been big on the arm waving religious sort of songs... though I don't mind some of the songs they use for church in Walgett!

Aw cheers for that. :D

Erm, I know this is a little off topic... but I've come to the realisation there are going to be a lot of foreign men around town. While you're down there, if you see any Scotsman... do you reckon you might be able to slip them my number? :naughty:

I'm not christian, I'm catholic and I go to an all-girls catholic school

Heya! Nice to see you here! :)

I second the TobyMac comment, loved the momentum cd!

I also love Lifehouse's older music (Stanley Climbfall) reminds me of my middle school years :blush-anim-cl:

Made To Love You is one of those songs that gets stuck in your head for DAYS! Lucky it's a good one though... :thumb_yello::naughty: