Any Christians?

JoPerrin

a game on Joan of Arc?! that sounds really awsome! I got way into her around 10 years old....haha, but [this is really embarassing] pretty much the only reason I didn't choose her for my Confermation was because I didn't like the name:blush-anim-cl:but I also loved St. Bernadette...so I chose her...

My church only started a few years ago, and we are currently holding mass in a Cafeteria!!:roftl: we do have a youth group for highschoolers, but I don't think it's really big, and the only reason kids actually go is either cuz their parents forced them too, or it's just free entertainment with their friends:thumbdown:

Wow! I really hope I can get somehting started for a Teen Study group:punk:....Unfortunatly, i'm moving next summer to university soooooo:naughty:

Yeah, it was... I've never finished it though... mostly cause I didn't really know the controls... and it was hard too! :bleh:

I think the name is part of picking the name too.. I think I wanted something that was a bit different... I've been to quite a few confirmations (my younger cousins) and there seems to be alot of Elizabeths and Marys and such... I've only come across one other girl who chose Jan of Arc...

Actually, I remember at my confirmation the Bishop was asking heaps of questions and telling all the kids about their saints, and when he got to me, all he asked was why I chose her... I was a wee bit disappointed actually!

I'm great! :)

Ugh, i'll share an experience I had on Friday that wasn't exactly the best.

We were in a cab from NJ to NY and the driver was switching the stations when we heard someone talking about Mormonism.

Basically, he was saying that everything about my church was blasphemy---and that Mormonism is the furthest thing from Christianity, that our doctrine is an abomination against god, and that everything in our church contradicts itsself, so we are wrong to believe it and are going to burn in hell for following this religion.

I got sooooo pissed off.

AND They were selling DVD's and telling people to give them to Mormons to make the get back on the "right path to god."

I can understand discussing religion, but when you start bashing a religion, isn't that a bit much?

aslfkdjlsadfjalsfd.

That really pisses me off... it's someone using religion to justify prejudices... and that person is obviously prejudiced against Mormonism... (and why does prejudice look wrong? Did I spell it right?)

Aww, Hil, I'm really sorry.

I personally get a bit angry when I hear people preaching messages of people burning in hell if they don't believe the same things as the preacher.

We are all called to look upon each other with love and respect.

Condemning people and telling them they will burn in hell isn't loving them, respecting them, or bringing these people closer to God. In fact, these people will turn away from God. We have to reach out to others with love, as Christ did. Jesus never looks upon us judgmentally and he never condemns us. He draws us nearer in a loving way, not out of fear by telling others they will burn in hell.

Don't feel bad, I'm in a Christian club at my high school, and it seems like every week Catholics are being patronized. People are constantly making fun of the religion, mocking it, and saying Catholics need to be converted. It gets frustrating but I try not to let it bring me down.

I totally agree Jess...

I find that a lot of people here seem to think Catholics don't deserve anything... Actually it seems that it's part of the Aussie culture to have a go at other people if they're trying to better themselves in a religious way... sort of like the tall poppy syndrome (people get attacked if they get too famous or successful)...

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I keep mentioning Keith Green in here, but I can't help it. Here's one of his songs that's been really striking a chord with me lately.

Here's a live version of it (quality isn't the best...so I included the lyrics).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0yGwIQ5HA

How can they live without Jesus

How can live without God's love

How can they feel so at home down here

When there's so much more up above

Throwin' away things that matter

They hold on to things that don't

The world has gone crazy

But soon maybe

A lot more are gonna know

For maybe they don't understand it

Or maybe they just haven't heard

Or maybe we're not doin' all we can

Living up to His Holy Word

'Cause phonies have come

And wrongs been done

Even killing in Jesus' name

And if you've been burned

Here's what I've learned

The Lord's not the one to blame

For He's not just a religion

With steeples and bells

Or a salesman who will sell you

The things you just want to hear

For His love was such

That he suffered so much

To cause some of us

Just to follow, follow

So many laughing at Jesus

While the funniest thing that He's done

Is love this whole stubborn rebellious world

While their hate for Him just goes on

And love just like that

Will bring him back

For the few He can call His friends

The ones He's found true

Who've made it through

Enduring until the end

The ones He's found true

Who've made it through

Enduring until the end

That's a really cool song! Admittedly I didn't listen to it, but the words make a lot of sense... and it's something a lot of us can take away and think about...

Hey guys.

I've been really busy this week, but it certainly was a great, spiritual week for me.

I hope you all have been well.

By the way Teegs, is that Joan Of Arc in your avvie?

She lead an army to victory at 16, didn't she? She's pretty darn cool.

Just dropping by to say hi!! :bye:

How's everyone?

What I'm about to post, I actually posted it in the Sam Sparro thread ages ago, but interestingly not one person responded to it!

Anyway, it took ages for this to click with me, but you know Sam Sparro's song Black and Gold? It's about God!

To me that's fascinating.....the lyrics are so interesting: the way it starts with an abridged version of evolution, and then he asks why the creator of the universe "set [his] world into motion" and then he says that if God doesn't exist, then he doesn't want to exist either...wow. Especially for a hit song, it's a really intriguing meaning.

I especially love the lines "if vision is the only validation then most of my life isn't real"....powerful.

:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. :cheerful_h4h:

It's been a while since anyone posted in here. :blink:

I've been pretty busy lately. Catholic Heart Work Camp just passed a few weeks ago. It was a very humbling, spiritual experience to be able to serve the servants at the camp and witness Jesus working through these people.

This week my church is having Vacation Bible School. It started today and ends Friday. This year is Rainforest themed. haha And I'm in charge of Praise and Worship, which is really fun, and adorable to see the little kids singing. Oh, and VBS is a five day long "camp"ish thing that runs from 9AM-12PM. It's really cute. We have about 35 kids ranging from ages 4-11. The kids go to all the different sites throughout the day and have lots of fun while learning about God. There are five sites: Coconut Cafe (snacks), Sky High Storytelling (a bible story is acted out), Rainforest Rhythym (Praise and Worship), Canopy Crafts (Arts and Crafts), and Green Tree Games (games..).

Today a little boy looked up at me and said, "One day, I'm going to marry you." then jumped on me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was so adorable!

Vacation Bible School is definitely one of my favorite things to do in the summer. I've been doing it the past few years. It's just really touching to see Jesus working through these little kids and to teach them about God's word. :)

I should be getting to bed...I have to wake up early.

I hope everyone has been well.

...Why do I always post novels in here? :rolls_eyes:

Hey Finkster, your right, it's been awhile!

Oh i love VBS!:wub2: I just helped out a few weeks ago, but ours was Science themed...haha but we had more around 150 kids!:shocked: and about 200 volunteers! but it's fun to dance with the little kids, and see them learning things about God they didn't know before. I was a crew leader, and got to lead around a few fifth graders to the different stations:punk:

Hi everybody

Like the sound of your camp Finkster- I'm going to a big Christian festival- camping- this weekend. It's called Greenbelt, and it's supposed to be the arty-est and most creative of the UK festivals. Usually I work as a steward at these things to meet new people and avoid paying, but this time I'm going with a group from my church so it should be fun

How's everyone?

What I'm about to post, I actually posted it in the Sam Sparro thread ages ago, but interestingly not one person responded to it!

Anyway, it took ages for this to click with me, but you know Sam Sparro's song Black and Gold? It's about God!

To me that's fascinating.....the lyrics are so interesting: the way it starts with an abridged version of evolution, and then he asks why the creator of the universe "set [his] world into motion" and then he says that if God doesn't exist, then he doesn't want to exist either...wow. Especially for a hit song, it's a really intriguing meaning.

I especially love the lines "if vision is the only validation then most of my life isn't real"....powerful.

Wow... never knew that...

Then again I've listened to it twice and I still don't like it...

Still... an interesting fact!

How's everyone?

That I did not know! Thanks for sharing. I quite like the song, but know nothing else about Sam Sparro.

This week my church is having Vacation Bible School. It started today and ends Friday. This year is Rainforest themed. haha And I'm in charge of Praise and Worship, which is really fun, and adorable to see the little kids singing. Oh, and VBS is a five day long "camp"ish thing that runs from 9AM-12PM. It's really cute. We have about 35 kids ranging from ages 4-11. The kids go to all the different sites throughout the day and have lots of fun while learning about God. There are five sites: Coconut Cafe (snacks), Sky High Storytelling (a bible story is acted out), Rainforest Rhythym (Praise and Worship), Canopy Crafts (Arts and Crafts), and Green Tree Games (games..).

Today a little boy looked up at me and said, "One day, I'm going to marry you." then jumped on me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was so adorable!

Vacation Bible School is definitely one of my favorite things to do in the summer. I've been doing it the past few years. It's just really touching to see Jesus working through these little kids and to teach them about God's word.

Apparently the year before we arrived in Canberra is the last year our church did VBS. I'd never heard of it before and then they stopped doing it, and I have no idea why.

Hehe, I thought of you immediately and what you said when I mentioned it in the Aussie thread.

Hey! :bye:

how is everyone?

:naughty: I do quite like it, but thanks for replying!

That I did not know! Thanks for sharing. I quite like the song, but know nothing else about Sam Sparro

:thumb_yello: I don't know that much about him but the lyrics struck me!

Good luck to all who are doing camps/performances, etc!

Hi guys, hope you all are well..I miss talking to all you guys. :tears:

I'd really appreciate it if you could keep my sister Tara in your prayers..it's kind of urgent.

Thank you guys. :huglove:

Hope you have a blessed week.

Jess, I hope everything's okay. I'll keep her in my prayers :huglove:

Jess....I'll be keeping Tara in my prayers.

In fact, I have a rather huge prayer request for you all. I got this e-mail from one of my best friends today...it's a horrible situation and I hope with a lot of prayer and hard work from skilled doctors, a solution can be found.

Please pray with me, people!

"Amanda,

Dan's counterpart at his job lives in California and is a 40 year old Armenian fellow. He and his wife came to this country 10 years ago, and have 3 very sweet little boys. Their whole family went on vacation to Mexico about 10 days ago, and shortly after they returned home, the oldest (he is 6), Alex began to feel ill. They took him to the doctor, but his condition rapidly worsened and he was admitted to the hospital. Amanda, they have done every test they can think of, MRI'S, C Scans, blood tests, etc etc...and they cannot figure out what is wrong with this poor child. They feel it is some sort of problem in his brain, some sort of rare virus, and nothing they have tried as worked. This poor baby is now in ICU..and is so very ill, he cries out in terrible pain whenever someone even touches his skin. He is not improving, and the doctors are getting discouraged. Alex's dad just emailed us to tell us what was going on, and begged us to pray for his son. So I decided to call or write anyone that I know that believes in the power of prayer to please say a prayer for this little guy and his family, so I am asking you to put little Alex on your prayer list."

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your prayers!

It seems like things are going to be okay now.

There will still be some tough times ahead for my sister, but I'm very sure the worst is over now.

I am really grateful..I have witnessed the power of prayer in so many ways this week..it's so comforting to know that God is always listening and will always provide if we just trust.

And Amanda, I read about your friend's son earlier today..I am so sorry to hear about that. I'll be praying for him and I have my friends praying for him too. That must be especially tough on his parents..I can't imagine going through something like that..

You guys are amazing.

God Bless you all.

Jess, I'm glad to hear things are looking up. I know that God will give your sister the strength to get through whatever she's going through :huglove:

Amanda, I'm so so sorry to hear that tragic story, I'm keeping that little boy and his family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated :thumb_yello:

By the way Teegs, is that Joan Of Arc in your avvie?

She lead an army to victory at 16, didn't she? She's pretty darn cool.

Yeah it was... I thought I'd put her as my avvie...

Hi guys, hope you all are well..I miss talking to all you guys. :tears:

I'd really appreciate it if you could keep my sister Tara in your prayers..it's kind of urgent.

Thank you guys. :huglove:

Hope you have a blessed week.

I hope your sister is okay... *hugs*

Jess....I'll be keeping Tara in my prayers.

In fact, I have a rather huge prayer request for you all. I got this e-mail from one of my best friends today...it's a horrible situation and I hope with a lot of prayer and hard work from skilled doctors, a solution can be found.

Please pray with me, people!

"Amanda,

Dan's counterpart at his job lives in California and is a 40 year old Armenian fellow. He and his wife came to this country 10 years ago, and have 3 very sweet little boys. Their whole family went on vacation to Mexico about 10 days ago, and shortly after they returned home, the oldest (he is 6), Alex began to feel ill. They took him to the doctor, but his condition rapidly worsened and he was admitted to the hospital. Amanda, they have done every test they can think of, MRI'S, C Scans, blood tests, etc etc...and they cannot figure out what is wrong with this poor child. They feel it is some sort of problem in his brain, some sort of rare virus, and nothing they have tried as worked. This poor baby is now in ICU..and is so very ill, he cries out in terrible pain whenever someone even touches his skin. He is not improving, and the doctors are getting discouraged. Alex's dad just emailed us to tell us what was going on, and begged us to pray for his son. So I decided to call or write anyone that I know that believes in the power of prayer to please say a prayer for this little guy and his family, so I am asking you to put little Alex on your prayer list."

:shocked:

Poor boy...

I'll be thinking of Jess' sister and Alex and his family...

I just wanted to share a drawing that I made the other night. I was reading my Bible and listening to Keith Green at the same time. I became really overwhelmed with some feelings that I've been having lately...and finally I just prayed that the Lord would give me a vision so that I could draw how I am feeling. I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but since I was really young I have always been insecure with drawing/art. I always told myself I wasn't good at it, so to have the Lord give me this vision was something special.

The picture is a little difficult to see...so I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

In the center, I drew myself....kneeling down and crying with my head in my hands. Around myself, I drew the words Disappointment, Weary, Uncertain, Impatient, and Sad. Then there are several "waves" flowing down from every angle which end up touching my body. All of those represent the Holy Spirit and along each wave I wrote out scriptures that were particularly meaningful or comforting to me. (ie. the Holy Spirit represents a source of comfort to me in my life).

Here are the scriptures that I used: Matthew 11:28-30, Proverbs 3:5-6, Jeremiah 31:3, Romans 15:13, and Phillipians 4:6-7.

Also I wrote at the lefthand corner the lyrics from the Keith song ("When I Hear the Praises Start") that I was listening to. The lyrics to this song have really spoken to me over the last couple of weeks. Here are the lyrics and a video of him performing the song:

"My child, My child, why are you weeping?

You will not have to wait forever

That day and that hour is in My keeping

The day I'll bring you into Heaven

For when I hear the praises start

My child, I want to rain upon you

Blessing that will fill your heart

I see no stain upon you

Because you are My child and you know me

To me you're only holy

Nothing that you've done remains

Only what you do in Me"

Here's the first picture: l_57891697c8a98ebb60e9c48cd56da526.jpg