Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RainbowSky, I agree that its a tough world to show your Christian identity.

I respect all faith backgrounds and I believe many have similar morals and value systems - just different entities to worship of course.

I mentioned to mandilambi the other day that I'm in a point in my life where I've been questioning my Christian faith....

I grew up Catholic and then my parents started goint to a Protestant Church (Baptist) and became "born again" Christians. My mother has been the strongest in her faith and has tried to keep everyone in the family the same.

To her dismay, I haven't been going to church for some time now...but its not right for me to go out of guilt or just to please mum.

I think there are many times in life where we stop short and question our faith.

Life is tough and there are so many questions we don't know the answer to.

I think ultimately once you know Christ, no matter how lost you may get along the way, you will always find your way back. :)

As far as Christian bands go, I have to say I don't really listen to any. :sad:

I never got into that whole Christian music thing. I'd listen to bands who WERE Christian, but not a Christian BAND. And yep, there's a difference.

Like Paramore. The members of Paramore are devout Christians (and say 'God bless you!' alot at their shows:wink2: or at least when I saw them) But they're not a Christian band.

And I agree, it is hard. If an atheist said "God must love me, because I got an amazing car today" or something, nobody would think twice about it. But if I made the comment "God loves me! Just saw Mika on TV!" then people would identify my comment with the fact that I'm Catholic.

Rambbbllllinngggg!

I think there are many times in life where we stop short and question our faith.

Life is tough and there are so many questions we don't know the answer to.

I think ultimately once you know Christ, no matter how lost you may get along the way, you will always find your way back. :)

I completely agree with your last sentence. I have had many times when I have felt lost or even felt like God had "forgotten" me...but that is only natural. Even in those hard times, you eventually are able to come out of it so long as you trust your faith. :)

Oh,a nd my favorite Christian bands are:

Keith Green - he passed away a long time ago, but his music is truly beautiful and inspirational. He has a lot of songs that always bring me to tears. His death was also very tragic - he and two of his kids died in a plane crash, right at the height of his career. I would recommend his music to anyone...he was a wonderful musician. I'd also definitely recommend listening to the song "The Prodical Son" as he did a really amazing version of that story.

Newsboys

Michael W. Smith

Relient K (some consider them alternative, but their Christian messages can't be denied). Has anyone ever heard the song "Death Bed" by RK? What a great song it is. It really puts life into perspective.

Australia Hillsongs

Casting Crowns

Those are just a few....

I'm Christian. Nobody's getting into Heaven except for me. Sometimes I think it'll be lonely with just God, Jesus, and me up there, but I imagine I'll manage.

Everytime I meet someone who isn't Catholic, I said "Oh, you're not Cath? Enjoy hell!" or "Oh, you're Agnostic? Enjoy hell!"

And I only hang out with Christian people. And when I say 'Christian', I'm excluding Methodists, Lutherans, Byzantines, Baptists, Presbyterians, Non-denominationals, Nazarines, Evangelicals, Episcopalians, and Anglicans. Which leaves Eastern Orthodox, and I only hang out with them because I feel sorry for them. I mean, they're SO CLOSE to Catholicism, and yet I know none of them are going to make it into the Kingdom of God.

But what can you do, right? I'm only one girl - I can't convert everybody.

A.) My church wouldn't hold that many people.

B.) There's not enough holy water in the world for all you sinners.

My very favourite band is Third Day. Amazing, amazing men.

I was fortunate enough to be invited to spend a little bit of time with them earlier this year. I can't speak highly enough about them.

I love Mac. He's an incredible man. Love em all! :biggrin2:

Consuming Fire:

:biggrin2:

When I was at the rectory once (which, in case you don't know, is the house right beside the church where the priest lives.) some woman came in, and she says "Oh, sorry I'm late Father, I was coming over and a baby deer ran off the hill and into my car. My car's fine, but the poor little thing.........."

and he goes "Oh! Well I'll pray that he gets into little Bambi heaven!"

BL Stmarys Rectory is across the road.

I rember that i had to go to the rectorys and i went into this mannor house that is next to the church. The kind person sed that i need too go down the lane across the road and it is on the right.

That is soo sweet that he prayed for the deer too.

I dont understand wot Mika is on about. " Jesus loves her but she wants more" Lollypop.

Im so sorry but how can you want more than Jesus's love?

Wot is he mean buy dat enywayz?

It's a sad fact, but many of us go through this world spending our whole lives searching for a love that we don't realise we already have.

Chris Tomlin: Indescribable