Mika On The MFC

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have seen recently some MFC members getting one or two (or more) identities and "pretending" to be Mika.Also people who log in as Mika or LOMS etc etc being grilled to ask if they are him.

We are now being asked regulary from the "new" members and various people if we know who he is on here ...

So we dont .... its possible in the early days of the MFC that Mika was here when we had a few hundred members ......

As it stands now , none of the posters you see are Mika , we have access to IP addresses and all the background information so we can spy :naughty:

He may come on as a guest.

Also we have to take it serious if someone "pretends" to be him under false identity .....

FD

im glad cuz if mika came on i would have a heart attack and die. i wouldnt want to do that if it was a fake mika!lol!:roftl:

I'm curious about how many accounts will be left then - maybe we'll get back to a few hundred users after the great deletion and Mika will come back and post - like in the 'good ol' days' .... :mf_rosetinted::lmao::lmfao:

yeahhhhh more reason to do it then:wink2:

Maybe I miss an important point here but... did anyone ever pretend to be Mika? I must have missed that then, how strange :blink:

Nothing as far as I have seen and I have been posting a lot in the Okay thread!!:thumb_yello:

Maybe in pm?:sneaky2:

Maybe I miss an important point here but... did anyone ever pretend to be Mika? I must have missed that then, how strange :blink:

I was going to say the same thing...sure there has been banter here, with lots of people joking around, but to me it was always clear that it was all a big joke and a game.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever pretended to be Mika for real, and led others to believe it...it's all been fun and games really like this silly 'changing one's gender' thing.

All part of playing.

Like the secret diary, or the Luke thread, just to name 2 random ones that spring to mind.

Like many, many other things that have been discussed in this forum.....I think that it is probably important to remember that besides the obvious 'common sense' of everyone to not be cruel and make others believe fake identities and all that, there is also a personal responsability when it comes to someone not believing everything that they hear, when it has been said as a joke...

I hope that nobody has taken this post in the wrong way, and that I more or less managed to express what I was trying to say.:thumb_yello:

I was going to say the same thing...sure there has been banter here, with lots of people joking around, but to me it was always clear that it was all a big joke and a game.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever pretended to be Mika for real, and led others to believe it...it's all been fun and games really like this silly 'changing one's gender' thing.

All part of playing.

Like the secret diary, or the Luke thread, just to name 2 random ones that spring to mind.

Like many, many other things that have been discussed in this forum.....I think that it is probably important to remember that besides the obvious 'common sense' of everyone to not be cruel and make others believe fake identities and all that, there is also a personal responsability when it comes to someone not believing everything that they hear, when it has been said as a joke...

I hope that nobody has taken this post in the wrong way, and that I more or less managed to express what I was trying to say.:thumb_yello:

I second that. I mean where does that 'protection thought' start and where does it end and what is too much? We are all acting on a medium where communication lacks facial expression and tone - misunderstandings can't be entirely avoided but reduced to a minimum just by the use of common sense. We are not people's parents and can't do their job even if we wanted to (well, I don't want to do that, to be honest...) Do we have to explain each and every word that was meant ironically? Like Yop has to explain each of her comments on a newbie's post 'Maybe you didn't get it but I was sarcastic.' :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry but wouldn't it all get a little lost in translation?

I second that. I mean where does that 'protection thought' start and where does it end and what is too much? We are all acting on a medium where communication lacks facial expression and tone - misunderstandings can't be entirely avoided but reduced to a minimum just by the use of common sense. We are not people's parents and can't do their job even if we wanted to (well, I don't want to do that, to be honest...) Do we have to explain each and every word that was meant ironically? Like Yop has to explain each of her comments on a newbie's post 'Maybe you didn't get it but I was sarcastic.' :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry but wouldn't it all get a little lost in translation?

def agree:wink2:

{see my sarcastic post above:naughty:}

well....i must live in another forum cause i've never realised we were having multiple identities of exisiting members, just for fun.

maybe because i intend fun in another way, obviously, also because of my age?

given for granted that anyone here has a right to have fun, i think that any of us (and i mean also the youngest ones...who can judge things very sharply when they want) must have a sort of respect for this place.

we all love this place, we like the respect atmosphere that we can breathe and that we cannot find in other mika's fan clubs around the world.

we have fantastic moderators, that always think about the good and the best for all members.

reliable admins, always ready to fulfill any of our requirements.

So i think we must do any effort to keep this place a special one, so different from the rest, so peculiar, so good and intelligent.

it will be an offense to our minds and above all to MIKA wasting energies and time and space just to have fun for fun's sake.

i respect far more those fans who, being bored, choose not to post much in these days, waiting for mika to make some more noise!

please accept my apologies if i have offended anyone but be sure i will always be here to defend this forum integrity.

well....i must live in another forum cause i've never realised we were having multiple identities of exisiting members, just for fun.

maybe because i intend fun in another way, obviously, also because of my age?

given for granted that anyone here has a right to have fun, i think that any of us (and i mean also the youngest ones...who can judge things very sharply when they want) must have a sort of respect for this place.

we all love this place, we like the respect atmosphere that we can breathe and that we cannot find in other mika's fan clubs around the world.

we have fantastic moderators, that always think about the good and the best for all members.

reliable admins, always ready to fulfill any of our requirements.

So i think we must do any effort to keep this place a special one, so different from the rest, so peculiar, so good and intelligent.

it will be an offense to our minds and above all to MIKA wasting energies and time and space just to have fun for fun's sake.

i respect far more those fans who, being bored, choose not to post much in these days, waiting for mika to make some more noise!

please accept my apologies if i have offended anyone but be sure i will always be here to defend this forum integrity.

Just to clarify on my post earlier, I wasn't refering to having multiple accounts, I was refering to the usual jokes that have been made amongst a few people, and that were quite clearly just that, jokes....

Of course I think that the integrity of the forum and its members is of paramount importance and it needs to be mantained, but what I was trying to say is that, in my eyes, this integrity has always been there.

Perhaps there have been a couple of silly misunderstandings (I am assuming) but that would be it, this is a forum where there is a cordial, fun atmosphere, and I think that it would be a shame to lose it.

Maybe this is clearer :biggrin2:

Perhaps no one has come out and said I AM MIKA in any of

the threads you have seen, but certain screen names

certainly IMPLY that they might be Mika, and others have assumed that a particular identity (or identities) WAS Mika.

You say it was always clear to you that it was a joke.

But don't forget -- not

everyone is "in on" the jokes -- some people don't read every page

of a thread, or don't speak English fluently.

They read something and take it at face value.

And there *have* been PM

conversations with certain people posing as Mika or someone close to

Mika... enough that it's caused confusion among some of the younglings

and others. So just because you may not have experienced something

yourself doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I think you were quite clear, and I don't disagree with you.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't that common. :wink2:

People should be careful and not

necessarily believe everything they hear or read.

But I also think when there are a number of

people getting so confused and unsettled, not to mention

annoyed with all the fake identities, that it's time for

us to say something about it... and that's what Freddie was

trying to do. Just make everyone aware that's it happening,

and that Mika is not posting here or PMing anyone. (Probably :naughty: )

Maybe we should all change our screen names to variations on MIKA

(Mika 1, Mika A, Mika Numero Uno, etc.) and then we can have a

field day guessing who's who... :naughty:

dcdeb <Not MIKA>

"IF" Mika was on this forum then I would be outa here. Because then this forum would be loaded with little girls trying to marry him and stuff. + I don't like crowded forums.

I'm not a talker and I'm also not a real post addict, so trying to read the forums with a billion messages of people that are proposing to Mika all around would make me crazy and would be so very boring if I was trying to read the forums.

I'm not a person that go's after the famous people just to be there friend or be like them. I just see them as normal people with crazy jobs.

I'm just here because I like Mika's music a lot, and to have some fun reading material of course. :biggrin2:

And about the part of the people telling serious lies. I don't trust people. In the past they have lied, teased, bullied and used me way to many times. That's why I have troubles with making friends because I don't trust people and I never know what to say. So If someone would claim that he was Mika, then i want serious proof.

Just to clarify on my post earlier, I wasn't refering to having multiple accounts, I was refering to the usual jokes that have been made amongst a few people, and that were quite clearly just that, jokes....

Of course I think that the integrity of the forum and its members is of paramount importance and it needs to be mantained, but what I was trying to say is that, in my eyes, this integrity has always been there.

Perhaps there have been a couple of silly misunderstandings (I am assuming) but that would be it, this is a forum where there is a cordial, fun atmosphere, and I think that it would be a shame to lose it.

Maybe this is clearer :biggrin2:

sorry, i did not post in reply to yours...i was only expressing my ideas with reference to freddie first post.

sorry, i did not post in reply to yours...i was only expressing my ideas with reference to freddie first post.

It's ok, I just wanted to quote something and your one seemed appropiate enpough to repply to, hehe!!

:naughty: I always worry that I don't express my ideas clearly and that the correct view doesn't come across you know....