Mika On The MFC

FREDDIESDOUBLE

You know, no one here really knows FOR SURE that Mika and/or his family members don't post on here. I think it's kind of fun to speculate that he might be walking among us with a name like Mika_iz_mah_loverr, with all of us totally unaware.

When it stops being innocent fun and starts to be a problem is when people believe one particular member is Mika so much so that they start divulging personal information to "him". It would be absolutely horrible if something happened to someone because they agreed to meet "Mika" in a dark alley or something.

WELL SAID LOLLIPOP_MONKEY !!! :biggrin2: THAT is the essence of our concerns ... in a nutshell !!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not quite that easy... there has to be some kind of respect or

regard for the other members on this forum.

What if we all did what we wanted to do without taking anybody else

into consideration? It would be a very poor world, indeed. :(

No, what we're trying to say with this thread is simply this:

Mika may read here, but it's safe to say he's not posting here.

If someone implies or tells you that they're Mika or his sister, or his brother, or a close family friend, they're probably NOT, so don't go

telling them all kinds of personal information or believe that you've

developed a close, personal relationship with "the Big M."

As I've just said in another thread, there's no need to feel guilty or get

defensive if you haven't done anything wrong. No one is accusing

anyone. We are just putting out the word that these multiple identities

are out there, people are fooling around with them,

and we're warning people not to be duped. It's one thing

if you're made a fool in public here over an innocent joke -- but the

greater danger, and the one we're trying to avoid, is of being fooled

privately into giving away information or getting involved

in something that you shouldn't.

A lot of you say things like, "we shouldn't have to be anybody's parent",

but the truth is I *am* a parent, and I *do* worry about the safety of

others on this forum, especially those who are more vulnerable. I don't

think any of us are trying to spoil anyone's fun, just trying to help

keep this place safe and friendly for all. :thumb_yello:

And Kata, please don't go and get a life... what would we do without you?

:naughty:

dcdeb <still Not Mika>

LOL I do think of you as the MFC Mommy :)

You know the funny thing? If Mika wanted to sneak around this place, all he would have to do would be sign up with a REALLY obvious name. People would assume it was another fake account, and he could poke around the site without hassel.

Not true. :roftl: Even the obviously fake accounts still get tons of PMs and are bombarded with questions about being Mika. Even if he signed on with the moniker of IAmMika_reallyIam, people would still PM him and ask "really???" Picking a name like "Mika_iz_mah_luverr" would be much more safe.

But that's all moot because he can quite quite easily poke around the site without signing in at all. Or he can just use the invisible mode. I think he would be far more likely to do this than register multiple usernames just to mess with us.

--Jack

Many wise words have been said before me, but just want to give my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Internet safety is really important. Boring but true. I am a parent and I do worry about the level of some of the stuff going on here when we take into account the ages of everyone on the forum.

Mika is unable to keep himself as accessible to fans as he once was for all the reasons that come with celebrity, like it or not.

Mika himself cannot risk his reputation and his career, nor his own personal safety, by interacting with fans on an intimate one-to-one level on a public forum, or even via PM. If you think it's Mika, it's not.

You might know that you are very nice person. Your friends might too. But if Mika was on the forum, and had some conversations with you, how could he be sure that you were a nice person and you weren't going to sell the details to News of the World, or some other slimy tabloid lot who would make money from such gossip.

Mika is not going to engage in risky behaviour. He wants a 30 year career out of this (or longer). He isn't going to throw it away for a joke or a bit of fun with someone on the MFC forum.

He knows we are here, he knows that we are all a bit obsessive about HIM, not only his music, some more than others. He has met many MFCers around the world at his concerts, he knows what to expect now in terms of personalities, the adoration and worshipping that goes on and the nervousness and excitement that goes with meeting him. He didn't expect it, didn't ask for us to do it, isn't always comfortable with it, is often shocked by it, but because he knows, he is not going to PLAY on the MFC forum.

Mika also has a life, he is writing new songs, recording, rehearsing, organising tours and lighting and designs and costumes and new ideas. He is not like we are. He never had a poster of a popstar on his wall. He is not into celebrity. He eats his breakfast and brushes his teeth, and cuts his nails and does all the normal human stuff we all do, but he doesn't spend hours and hours in front of his computer on MFC chatting about people from school, complaining about parents, or checking to see which of his friends has joined the forum.

This is his career. As I said, he isn't going to risk it.

Yeah, probably :naughty:

I think I can name a few other things. Like chicken nuggets or My Little Ponies "Call upon the Sea Ponies".

But then again, it must be very disturbing for you. realizing that "hotbody_89" isn't Mika.

Hotbody!!!! :roftl:

Why 89? :das:

Many wise words have been said before me, but just want to give my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Internet safety is really important. Boring but true. I am a parent and I do worry about the level of some of the stuff going on here when we take into account the ages of everyone on the forum.

Mika is unable to keep himself as accessible to fans as he once was for all the reasons that come with celebrity, like it or not.

Mika himself cannot risk his reputation and his career, nor his own personal safety, by interacting with fans on an intimate one-to-one level on a public forum, or even via PM. If you think it's Mika, it's not.

You might know that you are very nice person. Your friends might too. But if Mika was on the forum, and had some conversations with you, how could he be sure that you were a nice person and you weren't going to sell the details to News of the World, or some other slimy tabloid lot who would make money from such gossip.

Mika is not going to engage in risky behaviour. He wants a 30 year career out of this (or longer). He isn't going to throw it away for a joke or a bit of fun with someone on the MFC forum.

He knows we are here, he knows that we are all a bit obsessive about HIM, not only his music, some more than others. He has met many MFCers around the world at his concerts, he knows what to expect now in terms of personalities, the adoration and worshipping that goes on and the nervousness and excitement that goes with meeting him. He didn't expect it, didn't ask for us to do it, isn't always comfortable with it, is often shocked by it, but because he knows, he is not going to PLAY on the MFC forum.

Mika also has a life, he is writing new songs, recording, rehearsing, organising tours and lighting and designs and costumes and new ideas. He is not like we are. He never had a poster of a popstar on his wall. He is not into celebrity. He eats his breakfast and brushes his teeth, and cuts his nails and does all the normal human stuff we all do, but he doesn't spend hours and hours in front of his computer on MFC chatting about people from school, complaining about parents, or checking to see which of his friends has joined the forum.

<goes and prints this to keep on wall for further help>

<thinks she might need it!>

<goes and prints this to keep on wall for further help>

<thinks she might need it!>

oh dear.

I feel weird

somehow this makes me think..I am a musician..how would i react with this amount of attention. I admire him. I do get excited mind you...but more with his music....I may spend a lot of time here... because of the fellowship..

sigh..

I assure you all I am not Mika :mf_rosetinted:

I dont think anyone has pretended to be Mika...maybe I missed something..?:blink:

And about the 'I don't want to be someone's parent' thing, I think that the younger members' parents are responsible for anything that happens on the net.

Pffffff We all know you're Mika, freddie!!! ;) ;)

yeah, don't try to hide:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Well said Blue Sky!!

Yeah...he's not on the forums and the Who is Mika? thread we just had some fun:naughty: But I agree with Blue Sky. Even IF he was a member of the forums, we shouldn't bother him at all with our PMs and just leave him alone. Oh and hide most of the threads:roftl:

Yeah...he's not on the forums and the Who is Mika? thread we just had some fun:naughty: But I agree with Blue Sky. Even IF he was a member of the forums, we shouldn't bother him at all with our PMs and just leave him alone. Oh and hide most of the threads:roftl:

LEAVE MIKA ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

I really don't know what to say on this topic, honestly.

On one hand, I agree with Blue Sky. Mika DOES NOT post here. He may have in the past, but he doesn't anymore, and with good reason. While I find it a little hard to believe that Mika has never been a massive fan of any celebrity (EVERYONE has that one celebrity that they are or were quite crazy over), I think that the difference here is that this board is about him, not someone else. He doesn't come on here to talk about himself. I'm sure that he comes on here from time to time as a "guest" or signs on otherwise to read, but does he post anymore? No. Mika is not one of the "disguised" members putting up winking smilies after everything.

While I can understand the confusion and the fact that it may be misleading, honestly, unless you've read THE thread (:naughty:) who's going to "get" these usernames anyway? Maybe a suggestion would be for the "mysteriosos" to stick under that one thread and not venture? :D I think it's fun and silly, and they are completely not intending on "tricking" anybody. None of them claim to be Mika.

If you're posting the winking smilies and the "mysterious" posts JUST for attention because you want people to think that you're somehow related to Mika and you're not, then that's unfair. I think the thrill of the chase is fun. I think that playing sleuth is fun, but if you're doing that just to be doing it, then that's quite lame. It's one thing to be like, "I'm not telling you who I am because of privacy reasons or my personal preferences," and it's another thing to be like, ":wink2::wink2:" which fully suggests that you are or are trying to seem like someone with a secret.

So, if you ARE related to Mika, pretend that you're not.

If you aren't, act like you aren't. :thumb_yello:

So, if you ARE related to Mika, pretend that you're not.

If you aren't, act like you aren't. :thumb_yello:

That's perfect. Although I doubt that if Mika or any of his "people" have made an account, that they'd go around being all sneaky and mysterious and trying to draw attention to themselves. That wouldn't serve any practical purpose, methinks - after all, he has his myspace page to use as a means of communicating with his fanbase. :wink2:

That's perfect. Although I doubt that if Mika or any of his "people" have made an account, that they'd go around being all sneaky and mysterious and trying to draw attention to themselves. That wouldn't serve any practical purpose, methinks - after all, he has his myspace page to use as a means of communicating with his fanbase. :wink2:

Exactly, but thinking about how people are, I know that for example, if someone were to have been a schoolmate of a celebrity, they might go on a forum years later with this "big and powerful, I KNOW HIM" complex, and act all mysterious to draw attention to themselves.

I think Mika is watching this forums and is waiting for a moment to say: "ENOOOOOOUGH. SHUT THE FORUMS DOWN!" So, yeah, we lifeless people will be screwed:roftl:

:roftl::roftl: Maybe you're right.

It's probably him crashing the server, like in the diaries. Right when we go too far, boom, that's it. :D

It took me some time to read this whole thread. I wanted to quote Deb, Kata, Tia, Robertina and some others.

I ended up with only a quote of BlueSky. I couldn't have said it better! Well said, I totally agree with you!

oh dear.

I feel weird

I admire him. I do get excited mind you...but more with his music....I may spend a lot of time here... because of the fellowship..

sigh..

I totally agreed with you. I have more admiration than attraction towards MIKA. He is increbible talented. I come here almost every day since I discovered it but it's like you say; it is more about keeping in touch with some MCFers that I talk regularly than finding out about MIKA:biggrin2:

I do come here to read the stories and experiences MFCers have when they go to his gigs. (and pics as well)

1. Just a thought .... unfortunately, upon reading the current thread and some random few bits in other threads, I was left with an impression that the whole "deal" thread is a bit misinterpreted....

...I want to say - in no way is it a bunch of people "believing" in smth or on the opposite end "fooling" someone around..... for me it is just a wonderfully random and prob the most innocent thread , where people talk nonsence, cite poems, post random pics and generally fool around with no particular purpose....and the whole madness is what I am there for....

2. I remember a discussion about IDs "posting around" in other threads - (the one that happened in the deal thread a while ago) - I must say Kata maybe has her point in saying, that having them running around loose might be dangerous in a way....

however - I dont logically see how, lets say, ABC22, that has appeared in the deal thread as a result of a random joke, could make some youngling think he is Mika (as long as they dont put 24 yr old, London blah-blah into the info, or meaningfully hint in the posts or hack peoples accounts for personal pics and such )... which I think has never been the case with "dealers"!!!!! (and even the harsh argument , that has happened there a couple of days ago, has been between the members, and not the "suspicious" IDs....On the opposite, the IDs have tried to "smooth" the situation down :thumb_yello: )

(though...I must say I became quite worried afetr ystrd I saw that some have "come out" into the forums....because I thought that could make waves...and yes....)

3. But - I want to agree with DcDeb on her point about giving away some personal info in PMs...However - babysitting is not our responsibility, but giving a general warning in the "memeber rules" about internet safety and maybe other stuff particular for this forum - might be a good idea.

4. I have been thinking about the financial side of multiple Ids as well...and server space and such....but then I thought there are soooo many new members that never post, and never show up afetr they've registered at all....guess a few "strange ones" are a drop in the sea....

However, I dont have an exact idea how the forum functions, and might be totally wrong...so please forgive if I have said smth stupid....

again - all above is just a personal thought, and in no way directed against anyone...but maybe the mods and IDs as well will take a couple of points into consideration...