Possible project: Bringing to life MFC mag. ( A Year in Cartoon Motion)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lollipop Monkey is in tha hizzouse!!! :roftl:

I had so much fun working on the first issue that I'm totally on board with this one.

So the plan is to recap Mika's first year of fame - "A Year In Cartoon Motion"? That sounds awesome.

Questions:

1) Have you decided what software to use? I used Adobe InDesign for the first one. What software you use doesn't affect the magazine's print-ability.

2) Are we sticking with the magazine-ish layout of the first one?

3) How many are we printing? Just one for Mika, and sticking with the e-zine format for fan clubbers? If so, that's fairly easy to do in what we in the print industry call "saddle stitching" or "booklet style" - like this: http://gsdprint.das.ohio.gov/cpyctr/images/Saddle%20Stitched%20BookletEX.JPG

Let me know how I can help! I'm more than happy to help with writing/design.

OMG! THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! I loved the first issue and I'll be more than happy to take part in the second! Please, count me in! This is going to be great, I'm sure, and Mika will certainly love it! I'm so excited already! :biggrin2:

if there is mailing involved I can be of help!

Suzanne

Lollipop Monkey is in tha hizzouse!!! :roftl:

I had so much fun working on the first issue that I'm totally on board with this one.

So the plan is to recap Mika's first year of fame - "A Year In Cartoon Motion"? That sounds awesome.

Questions:

1) Have you decided what software to use? I used Adobe InDesign for the first one. What software you use doesn't affect the magazine's print-ability.

2) Are we sticking with the magazine-ish layout of the first one?

3) How many are we printing? Just one for Mika, and sticking with the e-zine format for fan clubbers? If so, that's fairly easy to do in what we in the print industry call "saddle stitching" or "booklet style" - like this: http://gsdprint.das.ohio.gov/cpyctr/images/Saddle%20Stitched%20BookletEX.JPG

Let me know how I can help! I'm more than happy to help with writing/design.

Oh yay! I was hoping you'd like the idea :)

1) I havn't figured out which software to use yet, is the one you're talking about fairly easy to use? I have experience with pagemaker ( I was the editor of my newspaper for 2 years) and my mom spoke to me about the program "publisher"... I still need to figure this out though.

2) I think it would be cool to have the mag. layout as before... with elements of a scrapbook.

3) I think just one for MIKA... and than yes, keeping the online version up for the clubbers.

I found this site...

http://www.lulu.com

I have an acount and everything... I need someone else's opinion of whether or not you think it'll work for us.

I think the max. you can print in a broshure style book is 150 pages... I dunno, if you could check out the possible printing options that would be great.

I want it to be a thick book lol... and photo paper...ish

I think, what with everyone's pictures with mika and the stories to accompany them... not to mention messages from the fans... this can easily be huge.

Thanks again!

I'll be back later for the meeting:gathering:

I'll try to be at the brainstorming session today. BTW, Melanie, you said 4:30 "Canada time" - Canada is a big place, and has six different time zones.

For North America, the times in the main time zones are:

2:30 Pacific

3:30 Mountain

4:30 Central

5:30 Eastern

6:30 Atlantic

7:00 Newfoundland

Cheers!

Just so everyone knows, I may not be able to make the meeting today due to my class. I will be on here whenever I have the chance, though and will be sure to contribute any ideas that I have.

i wont be at the meeting either....:thumbdown: i already know what im doing thoughZ! designing the outfits for mika!

can someone pliz show me previous mag? know i'm late' date=' but, i must decide what to plan .. you know ..maybe i'll be able to make smth extra for ya guys and maybe i'm not...[/quote']

the link to the first issue is on the frong page news section under MFC Magazine I believe... you have to have adobe reader to access it :thumb_yello:

I'll add your name :)