Scott Mills show between 4 and 7 today.

RAK1

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish all of that "noise" could be taken away and I could just listen to his voice. I love his voice (what part I can hear throughout all the mush) and the melody that he sings with.

I really do think that I would like it if everything wasn't so...loud and his voice so low.

I really like mika's voice but the overall cover sucks, we can't barely hear the vocals :(

If someone could remix the remix, and only left Mika's voice in it, I would love it. Now I just hate it. :shocked:

I hope this is a one off, it's not Mika's style. When you have a voice like that, the last thing you want to do is to conceal it with boring repeated technobeats. :boxed:

Can't believe that this remarkable piece of 'music' is preserved for posterity on an anniversary album. I really wonder what the other artists have made of 'their' song.

Sorry for being so negative. I hate being negative and I hate complaining. But I really can't get used to this one, sorry.

When you have a voice like that, the last thing you want to do is to conceal it with boring repeated technobeats. :boxed:

:boxed: I've just heard it for the first time.

I have to say, if it wasn't Mika, it wouldn't be too bad. It's different.

But as you say Martine, to do that to Mika's voice is nothing short of sacrilege! You can just about hear that he did a great vocal, kind of in a Ring Ring style, but the remix ruins it.

Blame Van Helden. And if it was Mika's idea too then let's just put it down to an 'experimental moment'. I really don't see an album of dance mash-ups on the cards for him or at least I will pray nightly that's not the case :naughty:

Can't believe that this remarkable piece of 'music' is preserved for posterity on an anniversary album. I really wonder what the other artists have made of 'their' song.

Sorry for being so negative. I hate being negative and I hate complaining. But I really can't get used to this one, sorry.

yay, that's the worst thing. If this rmx was only on Van Helden myspace..

gosh, that guy's "experiment" is a shame for techno, Police and Mika's lovers:shocked:..who has choosen him??

Do you think "the damage is done" or it would be possible to make a petition for a new version?:mf_rosetinted:

agree 100%. :mf_rosetinted:

Iheard Keanes version of Queens "Under Pressure" this morning and that was pretty faithful to the original, I liked it. Most of the DJs are playing the songs from the previous day, I honestly cannot see any of them, well maybe Pete Tong, replaying Mikas.

As I have already said, it's not Mika I have the problem with, it's Armand, he's usually much better than this. I don't understand what happened, this is supposed to be a COVER, not a remix or a sample. With covers you are supposed to at least have the basic melody of the original so it can be recognised, Mika is singing it but his voice is so compressed you can't get the general idea of the melody, therefore if you listened to the original, if you'd not heard it before, you wouldn't really know that it was the same song.

It's a shame that this was a great oppotuninty for Mika to show those critical of him how amazing he is, instead he's played right into their hands and that makes me sad.

...this is supposed to be a COVER, not a remix or a sample.

(...)

It's a shame that this was a great oppotuninty for Mika to show those critical of him how amazing he is, instead he's played right into their hands and that makes me sad.

I think you are hitting the nail on the head Rose... And I fully agree with your comment about the cover.

Iheard Keanes version of Queens "Under Pressure" this morning and that was pretty faithful to the original, I liked it. Most of the DJs are playing the songs from the previous day, I honestly cannot see any of them, well maybe Pete Tong, replaying Mikas.

As I have already said, it's not Mika I have the problem with, it's Armand, he's usually much better than this. I don't understand what happened, this is supposed to be a COVER, not a remix or a sample. With covers you are supposed to at least have the basic melody of the original so it can be recognised, Mika is singing it but his voice is so compressed you can't get the general idea of the melody, therefore if you listened to the original, if you'd not heard it before, you wouldn't really know that it was the same song.

It makes me sad too. Mika really doesn't need that. His detractors are always on the prowl for ammunition and they've got it here!

Some of the covers I've heard have been very good. I liked Mutya Buena's cover of the Tracy Chapman song, and others have been interesting and often very different from the originals. I was expecting an acoustic version of Can't Stand Losing You. Actually, it couldn't be further from that if it tried! Totally not what I was expecting.

I tried to listen again, but I really can't :boxed: Anyway I sent the link to a friend who can't stand Mika usually and he absolutely loved this, so maybe there's hope...if Mika would rather have an audience of trendy people and play in fancy "in" clubs that is :emot-sad:

I tried to listen again, but I really can't :boxed: Anyway I sent the link to a friend who can't stand Mika usually and he absolutely loved this, so maybe there's hope...if Mika would rather have an audience of trendy people and play in fancy "in" clubs that is :emot-sad:

Whaddya mean? We ARE the trendy people. :mf_rosetinted:

wow does this make me trendy then kata, iv never been trendy b4!!!:wink2: have to say i love it even more today:biggrin2: