Can't stand losing (Mika's version) you on youtube

mariposa

yeah exactly his voice is great but the rest...

Yes, hehe, that is what I was trying to say.... Obviously Mika has a great voice, and he can sing well, so that is not the issue.

It's the rest of it that I have a problem with, because it's just not my taste....And also I think that The Police had a sound that canNOT be redone in techno,haha! It just doesn't work for me.

But of course it's only a personal opinion and my taste. I don't think that it can be compared to the real Mika songs whatsoever.:biggrin2:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I wish I could hear his voice more

I second that.As I said in the other thread about this song, it sounds a bit strange but I kinda like it though. Its a typical club sound, not the "typical" Mika sound.And of course I like M's music style more than this.I'm sure he'll play and sing this song in his next concerts...and we'll love it..:mf_lustslow:

I confess I was around when The Police did their original. It was a great song.

But I LOVE Mika doing it, I can't stop listening to it!!

:naughty: I was around too.

Am I the only one who wishes he'd done "Sue Lawley" instead?

:shocked: sorry that sounds a bit rude :naughty: but British oldlings in particular will know what I mean!

I second that.As I said in the other thread about this song, it sounds a bit strange but I kinda like it though. Its a typical club sound, not the "typical" Mika sound.And of course I like M's music style more than this.I'm sure he'll play and sing this song in his next concerts...and we'll love it..:mf_lustslow:

Do you know what the problem is? That you are probably quite right about that!

I have this irritating thing sometimes that if I hear certain songs enough, I end up liking them even I didn't in the beginning....No backbone whatsoever :bleh: .

I guess that I should just wait and see how it evolves in my mind.

Do you know what the problem is? That you are probably quite right about that!

I have this irritating thing sometimes that if I hear certain songs enough, I end up liking them even I didn't in the beginning....No backbone whatsoever :bleh: .

I guess that I should just wait and see how it evolves in my mind.

The same with me sometimes:biggrin2: ...but what I meant with my last post was: He'll sing "Can't stand losing you" in his next concerts, but in his own way, not in the techno-remix...I suppose:wink2: :biggrin2:

:naughty: I was around too.

Am I the only one who wishes he'd done "Sue Lawley" instead?

:shocked: sorry that sounds a bit rude :naughty: but British oldlings in particular will know what I mean!

HA HA! I am so with you there, I wished he'd done "Sue Lawley" as as well. Great song. (For those who have no idea what we are jabbering on about, it's another Police song "So Lonely", which used to get called Sue Lawley, a British tv presenter back then, because her name was obviously similar to the song).

Misinterpreted lyrics, isn't there a thread for that yet? If no there should be.

This sounds soooooo weird and Un-Mikaish (i mean the music, the voice is fantastic, as always:naughty: ) But i like it. I don't like it you almost don't hear Mika singing and you hear the music much louder than his voice (was that normal english?) But i like it. The voice!:blush-anim-cl:

But is this the real coverthing or is this just a remix of Mika's cover?:blink:

But is this the real coverthing or is this just a remix of Mika's cover?:blink:

Apparantely Mika just sent his vocals to Armand Van Helden, and he did the rest. Don't think there was a Mika-only version beforehand..

Not even sure if Mika had any creative input into the sound of the track :blink:

I love it and the more u listen the better it gets:thumb_yello:

i think mika would have heard it b4 they aired it, i dont think they would aired it without mika hearing it first as its kinda all mikas name thats attached to it:wink2: (wow im finding it hard to string a sentance today, sorry!! i hope that kinda makes sense)

honestly, I was expecting something much better:shocked: . This cover isn't mika-ish at all:thumbdown: (even though it sounds happy and colorful).

Well, anyway, this is what happens when somebody covers a big song like this one, the listeners tend to compare it with the original way too much. And I personally prefer the original...:blush-anim-cl:

i think mika would have heard it b4 they aired it, i dont think they would aired it without mika hearing it first as its kinda all mikas name thats attached to it:wink2: (wow im finding it hard to string a sentance today, sorry!! i hope that kinda makes sense)

ah, the 3rd person!

welcome to the club!:naughty:

weirdstampbykojima2087lr5.gif

I agree that it improves with listening. I've had it in my head all day but I think that's more to do with the fact it's just a great song. I loved it in 1979, it reminds me of that time in my life so much.

Yeah I'm sure he must've heard the finished thing before. He must be happy with it, or you'd think so. Would it matter if he wasn't?? They'd still air it.

I wouldn't mind if Mika did it at his gigs - I'm sure it'd sound great, and he could put more of his own mark on it. There'd be no annoying Wap Bam Boogie* voices on it at least :naughty:

* Matt Bianco?? Oldlings help me out here! :naughty:

Same here, i didn't expect something like that....i'm not saying it's bad or good...just different...

So it's a cover's remix with Van Halden :blink: or there will be an other version for the BBC album?

well, i hope so.....till now i prefer the original song...

Mika.. you aren't going on Techno now, are you?? :shocked::boxed:

(no offence techno-lovers..:blush-anim-cl:)

I think in his 2nd album there will be more dance music...

maybe this remix is a kind of teaser....

I think in his 2nd album there will be more dance music...

maybe this remix is a kind of teaser....

Someone here said that his 2nd album will be more aggressive !but I can't remember who !

I wouldn't buy a dance CD album !:thumbdown:

I agree that it improves with listening. I've had it in my head all day but I think that's more to do with the fact it's just a great song. I loved it in 1979, it reminds me of that time in my life so much.

Yeah I'm sure he must've heard the finished thing before. He must be happy with it, or you'd think so. Would it matter if he wasn't?? They'd still air it.

I like it a lot, I don't know why everyone doesn't. It's true, it be nice to hear him more, but it's remix, this is how this things go. Also, applause to Mika for having a remix with Armand Van Helden, the man is legend in his field.