About the controversy over Mika's hair

Fmbm

people, I understand many may miss the curls, he look(s/ed) fab with them, but he's every right to wear his hair exactly like he pleases. :wink2: do you like mika (though you o.c. can have a thing for a special part of his body) or you just like mika's curls..? :biggrin2:

*side note, I adore the curls, but I admit I was shocked how good looking he was the Q event* :wub2:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is became a little annoyng also for me to read so much thread about

":mf_lustslow:/:sneaky2: his look!" but...few days and we surely give opinions on the Artist

We've been giving our opinions on the artist for almost a year. And in that time Mika hasn't made any new music. He hasn't even performed for two months.

Aside from the Happy Ending video we haven't seen anything from him in weeks so it's only natural there's going to be a lot of commotion when he appears in public with a dramatically different look.

Mika can say whatever he wants about not caring about looks, but he wouldn't spend so much time primping and preening and posing like a supermodel if he wasn't trying to make an impression. He does this all the time whether he's coiffed and dressed like a 3-year-old or looks like he's on a runway.

His image and his style are a part of his artistry and while it doesn't take precedence over the music, it does have some relevance to him and many of his fans.

We've been giving our opinions on the artist for almost a year. And in that time Mika hasn't made any new music. He hasn't even performed for two months.

Aside from the Happy Ending video we haven't seen anything from him in weeks so it's only natural there's going to be a lot of commotion when he appears in public with a dramatically different look.

{Mika can say whatever he wants about not caring about looks, but he wouldn't spend so much time primping and preening and posing like a supermodel if he wasn't trying to make an impression. He does this all the time whether he's coiffed and dressed like a 3-year-old or looks like he's on a runway.}

His image and his style are a part of his artistry and while it doesn't take precedence over the music, it does have some relevance to him and many of his fans.

ahah {poor mikster he's too handsome..deal with it:bleh:} I'm so sorry I have at my disposal only 8 emoticons so I had to erase this{:naughty:}from the close of my previous post..which had to be sarcastic.

Who cares I say .. Ohh I feel a new thread :thumb_yello:

I like the comments about loving him when hes bald and 60 :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Shave it off Mika :thumb_yello:

In fact, I don't care.:mf_rosetinted: He looks gorgeous anyway, but I miss the curls.

I like bald men too, but only if they can sing :mf_rosetinted:

I wrote this in the other thread, but I feel everyone should read this:

To the people who are throwing a fit over his straight hair, get over it! It was a special event and he just wanted to style his hair differently for once. He hasn't become a "different" person. That would be like me saying "Why aren't you wearing the same shirt you wore yesterday?! I don't like what you've become!"

So guys, chill out, its only hair and I'm sure it will be in curls tomorrow. :glasses2:

I totally agree with you.

I dont want to sound like a hypcrite.

But i was also gobsmacked for quite a while.

My friends tried to make me realise...that its just hair..we love mika for the person he is...not for the way he looks.

I'm not sayin that the looks dont affect us.

Ofcourse it does.

But i think...we all just need to loosen up a bit.

Personally..i thikn he just gelled his hair back..but i dont know..

Dont worry....please..XD

FmBm, you've started a new thread, you're not wearing the same shirt you were yesterday, and you've gone to bed.... I really don't like what you've become at all! :mf_rosetinted:

Really though, good point. I think he has cut his hair, so it'll take a while for his full curls to come back. It's nice to see him taking a break from his curls... curling irons and what-not can damage ones hair! I fried my hair thanks to using my straightener for about a year and a half straight. It took a long time for it to get healthy again! Now I just let my curls do whatever... no use fighting them.

You said you'd always love me!!!! :tears:

I want to have a say on this. The essence of Mika, is music and lyrics. He is also a man who likes to try different things. This is different to a lot of people, but he is still the same artist. It is upsetting how important it is to everyone how he looks.

His hair may be consider his trademark, and I guarantee you this hairstyle is not an every day thing. Although, it might result as shocking, take it as it is.. Just a hairstyle. Does that change the way Grace Kelly sounds?

well said!!

Who cares I say .. Ohh I feel a new thread :thumb_yello:

I like the comments about loving him when hes bald and 60 :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Shave it off Mika :thumb_yello:

That was me who said that Freddy!!

why not, mika WITH NO HAIR, mika with a mohawk, mika with side burns, mika with an elvis do, mika with curly hair, mika with straight hair, mika with a combover, mika with blond hair with red streaks or bright orange to follow perez, mika is still going to be mika no matter what colour, or style his hair is, or even whether he has hair or not,

its still going to be, the same man, the same genetic make up, the same personality, the same musical talent, the same outspokeness.

Looks change, styles change, who we are in the inside never changes!

• 6 months later...
BUMP!

I know this thread was originally about Mika having straight hair, but I think it applies for the short hair as well. People should read this.:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for bumping this. I agree. Sometimes I'm shocked with how people overreact about the silliest things.

You're a wise young lady.

I remember it was only 2 days later that this happened and all was well again in MFC Land...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19862307

Oh, how much I love that song!!!:wub2:

I haven’t heard it for a long time, thanks Christine!:thumb_yello:

And about the hair…well he has to get cut it sometimes, doesn’t he?

And…don’t we all have that little special look, like there is something missing, when we just have had a new hair cut?:naughty:

It will grow back before you know it.

Haha i must admit this is a bit funny :lol3:

But yes it's going a bit too far. No wonder Mika doesn't want to expose anything about his personal life. If we're reacting this way about HIS hair what would do if we found out his sexual orientation? Also, if he'd ever considered making this public I'm sure he'd be having doubts now. :mf_rosetinted: