MIKA @ Torino, Italy (19-10-2007) GIG REVIEWS!

dcdeb

That really sucks MM - you were told you could meet him, then the "heavies"

stopped you!!! Something needs done - like Mika's film crew etc have special passes to hand out, so they can be shown to the security guards!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone.

I'm back from Torino and it was absolutely brililiant!

I haven't got time to write a full report now and my photos are awful (they wouldn't let us use flash:sneaky2: ), but I just wanted to tell you that it was amazing.

The venue was dire and we queued for over 8 hours (no toilets anywhere outside!), but the gig was amazing.

Mika was on top form and got a great response from the crowd. I liked the new singer, Sarah. Mika did the drum part of Love Today topless:mf_lustslow: , he was wearing white shirt and white jeans. (First the one with the stripes like slivery braces, then my favourite one)

Mika spoke to the crowd mainly in Italian and he loved the response that he got for making the effort. He slipped into English a few times when he got confused or forgot the words. Robertina said that his Italian was a bit dodgy, but everyone loved it anyway.

The new backdrop is lovely and the skeleton puppet was quite weird. He did did do Lollipop, did Relax as an encore (and the first song).

He came on stage with his hand bandaged up and he kept it on whilst playing the piano and then took it off during Grace Kelly. I was in the front row and couldn't see what was wrong with his hand so I guess that it was a sprain rather than a wound. (we had seen a non-emergency type ambulance arrive earlier and stay for about 15 minutes, but that may have been unconnected)

Afterwards he only stopped to sign for a few minutes and there was a huge crowd waiting, security virtually bundled him into the mini-bus with his family and he left very quickly.

I can't write on this forum what I think of security, but there's a long story that will follow. The short version is that Kath, Freddie and I were interviewed twice by Mika's video crew who had fixed it for us to speak to us afterwards, Mika agreed, but security wouldn't let us through to him!:furious:

I met lots of fantastic people there and Robertina was a superstar!

I am very tired now and want to spend some time with my family, but I will come back to write more detail tomorrow.

MM

x

Thanks for that Mikamad!

It sounds like it was a fantastic concert, and I'm glad that you got to be on the dvd!! The security issue really sucks, I can imagine how disappointed you must have been. Bummer.

That really sucks MM - you were told you could meet him, then the "heavies"

stopped you!!! Something needs done - like Mika's film crew etc have special passes to hand out, so they can be shown to the security guards!!!

That would have been great. We were trying to explain to the security guards what was happening, we spoke no Italian, they appeared to speak no English and Mika was looking at us trying to get through to him. The video guys were franticly beckoning us, but the security guys pushed us back.

and we heard Mika say the he'd talk to us on camera:furious:

That would have been great. We were trying to explain to the security guards what was happening, we spoke no Italian, they appeared to speak no English and Mika was looking at us trying to get through to him. The video guys were franticly beckoning us, but the security guys pushed us back.

and we heard Mika say the he'd talk to us on camera:furious:

Someone needs to contact Jerry - and let him know!!!

Fred has his email - he could do it when he has time - as he was

involved as well!!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for that Mikamad!

It sounds like it was a fantastic concert, and I'm glad that you got to be on the dvd!! The security issue really sucks, I can imagine how disappointed you must have been. Bummer.

It wasn't for a DVD.

The video guys said that they were recording interviews with the fans for Mika so that he could put together a diary-type record of all the gigs on this tour for his own use.

They asked us very specific questions like "which was your favourite song?" "what did you think of Sarah?" etc.

They also got us to say things like "I'm Mika Mad from Wales" etc.

It did occur to me that they might have been making it all up, but the left sitting right next to Mika in the mini-bus sitting!

Dream job or what?

It wasn't for a DVD.

The video guys said that they were recording interviews with the fans for Mika so that he could put together a diary-type record of all the gigs on this tour for his own use.

They asked us very specific questions like "which was your favourite song?" "what did you think of Sarah?" etc.

It did occur to me that they might have been making it all up, but the left sitting right next to Mika in the mini-bus sitting!

Dream job or what?

I'm so jealous! That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing all of that! :)

Whyyyy do I have to live in the US?

It wasn't for a DVD.

Dream job or what?

OH WOW!! that's amazing!!

Well done!

Oh- now I had a funny thought. Maybe these guys were the same ones recording in Barcelona....What does that mean then, when he told them to stop filming when we got to the front of the queue, he specifically did NOT want us MFC'ers in his Barcelona vid!! HAHAHA!!!

That is quite depressing really :sneaky2::boxed:

OH WOW!! that's amazing!!

Well done!

Oh- now I had a funny thought. Maybe these guys were the same ones recording in Barcelona....What does that mean then, when he told them to stop filming when we got to the front of the queue, he specifically did NOT want us MFC'ers in his Barcelona vid!! HAHAHA!!!

That is quite depressing really :sneaky2::boxed:

It wouldn't be them, they were two English blokes, twenty-something, medium height, very friendly and very close to Mika. They told us that he wanted them to record everything that they could.

I forgot to say that we stood behind the MFC flag for most of the interview!

It wouldn't be them, they were two English blokes, twenty-something, medium height, very friendly and very close to Mika. They told us that he wanted them to record everything that they could.

That's so cute. :)

I'm indescribably happy that he has had such a response over the year. Well done, Mika. You're a star. :blush-anim-cl:

Well that's a relief then :biggrin2:

Well done, broadcasting the MFC to the world!

That's so cute. :)

I'm indescribably happy that he has had such a response over the year. Well done, Mika. You're a star. :blush-anim-cl:

Me too, I was thinking of that the other day when I saw how many people were going mad with him....I'm so happy for him, he must feel on top of the world now!!:thumb_yello:

Hello everyone.

I haven't got time to write a full report now and my photos are awful (they wouldn't let us use flash:sneaky2: ), but I just wanted to tell you that it was amazing.

The venue was dire and we queued for over 8 hours (no toilets anywhere outside!), but the gig was amazing.

Mika was on top form and got a great response from the crowd. I liked the new singer, Sarah. Mika did the drum part of Love Today topless:mf_lustslow: , he was wearing white shirt and white jeans. (First the one with the stripes like slivery braces, then my favourite one)

Mika spoke to the crowd mainly in Italian and he loved the response that he got for making the effort. He slipped into English a few times when he got confused or forgot the words. Robertina said that his Italian was a bit dodgy, but everyone loved it anyway.

The new backdrop is lovely and the skeleton puppet was quite weird. He did did do Lollipop, did Relax as an encore (and the first song).

He came on stage with his hand bandaged up and he kept it on whilst playing the piano and then took it off during Grace Kelly. I was in the front row and couldn't see what was wrong with his hand so I guess that it was a sprain rather than a wound. (we had seen a non-emergency type ambulance arrive earlier and stay for about 15 minutes, but that may have been unconnected)

Afterwards he only stopped to sign for a few minutes and there was a huge crowd waiting, security virtually bundled him into the mini-bus with his family and he left very quickly.

I can't write on this forum what I think of security, but there's a long story that will follow. The short version is that Kath, Freddie and I were interviewed twice by Mika's video crew who had fixed it for us to speak to us afterwards, Mika agreed, but security wouldn't let us through to him!:furious:

I met lots of fantastic people there and Robertina was a superstar!

I am very tired now and want to spend some time with my family, but I will come back to write more detail tomorrow.

MM

x

THANK YOU!!:flowers2:

That was a great a report! Such a bummer that you were going to chat with him:thumbdown: I bet it was pretty upsetting. It's sweet how he's doing the video thing for himself though! At least you go onto his own video, that's pretty damn cool!

Hello everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to write a report, MM! I know you must be

exhausted by now! :thumb_yello:

So so sorry to hear about the security snafu... what a letdown :(

But... Glasgow is coming! There's another chance ahead! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

all my posts deleted !!!...this is the 3rd time I try write a rep, why this forum don't save... ??? {maybe I'm too slow}:boxed:

I've so much things to say.. I regret my mediocre foreign languages aknowledgements:thumbdown:

ok, now I try to use the few photo I took

I'm so proud of my gift to freddie:biggrin2:

f_19102007006m_563e26a.jpg

all my posts deleted !!!...this is the 3rd time I try write a rep, why this forum don't save... ??? {maybe I'm too slow}:boxed:

I've so much things to say.. I regret my mediocre foreign languages aknowledgements:thumbdown:

ok, now I try to use the few photo I took

I'm so proud of my gift to freddie:biggrin2:

f_19102007006m_563e26a.jpg

I didn't even realize that was Freddie! hahaahhahaha

another photo..

f_19102007018m_b8d86c4.jpg

I'm sorry {guess I'm a little bit shy} to have missed the meet with my idols ...that's prob the fact, I worship Mica too much I don't wanna he lost his time with me dreamer spechleess...the same for the mikster's band, I really don't know what to say to them a part of "you're amazing thanx"..I mean, after the gig I give my {silly} bag full of {emarassingly silly} toys and {even more silly coz I forgot the battery}clocks by my {super silly} collection for the king of itunes pop aka mika at the security!!!

Maybe I have had the instinct to stay away coz I really don't know what will I could do if I had been so near that indescribable lovely boy ...is this fear of happines? {AM I STUPID???????:roftl:}

ok, I'm still out of mind...

I'm so happy to have meet personally some of the most fantastic MIKA fans!! {mikster, can i see the movie of your personal cameraman? the interviews at mfcrs...it's demented!!!:biggrin2:}

the small venue was absolutely amazing, the Mikster {tryin to speak italian:roftl:} is fantabolous, the band get along so well and:punk: Sara has a great voice and presence:thumb_yello:

I sang as loud as I can all the songs {so In Bologna I cannot, also for the brilliant idea to remain in the queue freezing with only the MIKA tshrt on my little dress..:bleh:}

another photo..

I'm sorry {guess I'm a little bit shy} to have missed the meet with my idols ...that's prob the fact, I worship Mica too much I don't wanna he lost his time with me dreamer spechleess...the same for the mikster's band, I really don't know what to say to them a part of "you're amazing thanx"..I mean, after the gig I give my {silly} bag full of {emarassingly silly} toys and {even more silly coz I forgot the battery}clocks by my {super silly} collection for the king of itunes pop aka mika at the security!!!

Maybe I have had the instinct to stay away coz I really don't know what will I could do if I had been so near that indescribable lovely boy ...is this fear of happines? {AM I STUPID???????:roftl:}

ok, I'm still out of mind...

I'm so happy to have meet personally some of the most fantastic MIKA fans!! {mikster, can i see the movie of your personal cameraman? the interviews at mfcrs...it's demented!!!:biggrin2:}

the small venue was absolutely amazing, the Mikster {tryin to speak italian:roftl:} is fantabolous, the band get along so well and:punk: Sara has a great voice and presence:thumb_yello:

I sang as loud as I can all the songs {so In Bologna I cannot, also for the brilliant idea to remain in the queue freezing with only the MIKA tshrt on my little dress..:bleh:}

Oh Greta, that was such a lovely post!!

And FD's hair piece is ...erm....something!!

I'm so happy that you had such a good time, and regarding meeting them or not...well, everyone does what they prefer, and who knows, maybe next time you will actually feel like doing it! and if not, then it doesn't matter, as long as you're getting out of it all the enjoyment that you want!

I'm so happy that it was such a good experience

Greta! Your pics are gigantic-just like your elation! I know what you mean by feeling "starstruck" and have no idea what to say to him , that he hasn't heard from thousands already:naughty: Even though we can talk about him here on MFC for eternity....LOL! Are you going to tell us who is in the pic of the queue (line)? Freddie has a "Rooster" wig or mohawk! :punk: But who is everyone else? Is that Kath beside him in the sunglasses and hawaiian lei?

Are you still gathering your thoughts about the day's events...doesn't it just keep going over and over in your mind? - (I replayed it a lot!) :wub2: