I love you baby, but face it he's Mika

Christine

If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?

• Yes, I couldn't resist!
    • I'd think about it but I'd probably never do it
    • No, this Mika thing is just a bit of fun and I love my partner too much
    • Are you crazy? I don't even fancy Mika

Obviously anyone with whom he has already had a relationship won't kiss and tell or hasn't as yet.

I am a little surprised that something of that nature hasn't leaked out especially with the speculation over his sexual orientation and the kind of press we have here.

Are they really that interested in him? Aside from some ugly post-Kanye West gig photos and a rubbish story about being dissed by Lily Allen I don't remember seeing much about him coming from the tabloids on MFC.

I know interviewers always ask THE question but that's their job. Intentionally or not Mika has made it an issue by refusing to discuss it so it quickly became an obligatory question, especially with gay mags. That appears to have died off now because everyone knows who he is and that he's not talking. He's already answered the question by effectively not answering it again and again and again. No point in asking any more.

I think if Mika steers clear of some George Michael type scandal and doesn't hook up with another celebrity he shouldn't become too much a victim of the tabloids.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really that interested in him? Aside from some ugly post-Kanye West gig photos and a rubbish story about being dissed by Lily Allen I don't remember seeing much about him coming from the tabloids on MFC.

I know interviewers always ask THE question but that's their job. Intentionally or not Mika has made it an issue by refusing to discuss it so it quickly became an obligatory question, especially with gay mags. That appears to have died off now because everyone knows who he is and that he's not talking. He's already answered the question by effectively not answering it again and again and again. No point in asking any more.

I think if Mika steers clear of some George Michael type scandal and doesn't hook up with another celebrity he shouldn't become too much a victim of the tabloids.

They are interested in any muck they can rake up in my experience.

Especially the lowest end tabloids, like the Star and the Sun and the News of the World and the People, then you have all of the celeb mags, some weekly, they have to dredge things up to have enough to print, so I am a bit surprised that something hasn't leaked out.

Not that I buy them of course....:mf_rosetinted:

Especially the lowest end tabloids, like the Star and the Sun and the News of the World and the People, then you have all of the celeb mags, some weekly, they have to dredge things up to have enough to print, so I am a bit surprised that something hasn't leaked out.

That sucks :thumbdown:

He seems to have gone to great lengths to keep his private life private so I guess he's done a good job of it.

That sucks :thumbdown:

He seems to have gone to great lengths to keep his private life private so I guess he's done a good job of it.

I know, I really don't buy them. ( I confess that if I'm at the hairdressers or something, I would look at them :blush-anim-cl: )

When Big Brother is on it's all about who's shagged the housemates in the past and what they got up to, like we care.

They seem to think that kind of thing sells newspapers, but it's one of the reasons I don't read them, I get the news from the tv, online or teletext.

I know, I really don't buy them. ( I confess that if I'm at the hairdressers or something, I would look at them :blush-anim-cl: )

I never read them in the UK because I didn't even know who they were talking about half the time and I wasn't particularly concerned with what Posh and Becks were doing yesterday afternoon.

We've got a lot of those trash magazines now and I check them out at the hairdressers too :naughty: . It's fun looking at the photos but the stories are ludicrous.

I never read them in the UK because I didn't even know who they were talking about half the time and I wasn't particularly concerned with what Posh and Becks were doing yesterday afternoon.

:roftl: :roftl:

Which reminds me... Back in 1997 a friend of mine went on an students exchange to Nottingham for 5 months and I visited her. One morning we sat down at the breakfast table while one of her flatmates was reading some crappy newspaper. It was all about Mel B. and Mel C. (that was what they were called in those days) and naive as we were my friend and I really thought the article was about some severe criminals. I don't know what it's like in the UK, but here in Holland your last name is only written in initials when you have done something against the law. :roftl: :roftl:

There was a big fiasco here in the summer where apparently Prince Harry came to one of our most notorious night clubs, hit on some waitress/bartender girl, and asked her back to where he was staying.

She sold her story to some British tabloid (don't remember which one!), and word on the street is that they paid her something like $30,000 CDN for it. And according to the reports, nothing even really happend between them - nothing that I would imagine is worth paying $30,000 for the scoop on, anyhow.

But yeah, regardless of their gender, the people in Mika's past must either still be friends with him, or have some pretty respectable morals. :thumb_yello:

But yeah, regardless of their gender, the people in Mika's past must either still be friends with him, or have some pretty respectable morals. :thumb_yello:

Maybe it's just that all of Mika's boo-hooing about how he could never get a date is true. :naughty:

Maybe it's just that all of Mika's boo-hooing about how he could never get a date is true. :naughty:

There must be something wrong with him. He has flaws?!!! Incredible.... :shocked:

:roftl: :roftl: Of course! I did once say that maybe he is the V word.....

Well that is possible. I know someone who is 26 and still is. And Mika's Roman Catholic, isn't he.

I have to admit I have always thought this is a strong possibility.

I really can't believe how the tabloids have drawn a blank so far on this. It doesn't add up.

There's something fishy about it!

:roftl: :roftl: Of course! I did once say that maybe he is the V word.....

Oh I get it! (finally) Had no idea what you meant and just figured it out now....:roftl:

That's what happens after 13 years of marriage and 2 kids....

*so far away from that now* :roftl:

well, at the moment im single, and in class, lol. so, being single i wouild say yes. but if i were involved with someone, i would probably fantisize for a little while but, if i really liked the person i was with, i would probably turn him down. maybe....or not:biggrin2:

I have to admit I have always thought this is a strong possibility.

Really? By one definition of the word it's possible Mika is and could remain a virgin for the rest of his life. But broadly speaking? I can't believe he's never hooked up with someone before.

Maybe it's a case of him taking more chances abroad where the British tabloids aren't trying to dig up dirt on him. Even before he started touring it sounds like he spent a large amount of time travelling around the world and working in the US.

I suppose anything is possible though! WTF do I know? :blink:

By one definition of the word it's possible Mika is and could remain a virgin for the rest of his life. But broadly speaking? I can't believe he's never hooked up with someone before.

You mean as in, the textbook definition of a virgin which relates to distinctly heterosexual relations? If so, I see what you mean. I agree that it seems hard to believe that he's never hooked up whatsoever, but he is only 24 - anything is possible! I just hope he never has to deal with someone selling out a story to the tabloids.

Anyhow, there's a relevant bit on MSN.com today about attraction to others whilst in a relationship. It's kind of interesting because it's almost exactly what I was saying in my last verbose post:

If you meet enough people, you will certainly find someone with whom you feel chemistry. It doesn't matter if you are happily married and securely attached -- if you spend private or secret time with someone you're attracted to, the chemistry will escalate into infatuation. Along with your natural inhibitions of fear and shame, your rational decision-making will go out the window -- you'll be calling him your soul mate when you've never had a real date in public let alone weathered a disappointment. Because you cannot avoid the trap of chemistry, it is absolutely crucial to be honest with yourself about your commitment to your relationship and the ground rules that you both agree upon.

It then goes on to provide some questions by which one can benchmark the health of their relationship:

http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Quiz+Are+you+committed+to+your+relationship/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=4128&feedname=TRANS-CANADIAN-LIVING&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

You mean as in, the textbook definition of a virgin which relates to distinctly heterosexual relations? If so, I see what you mean.

Ouais, that's what I meant.

I understand what you and that article are getting at. I guess the reason I never find myself in those situations is because I don't get into those situations. I don't get close to other men and find sparks going off and interacting in a way that would fan the flames and turn it into something more. I just sort of shut that part of myself off when I'm in a relationship.

But in your earlier example of being part of Mika's touring group and spending time with him away from home it's easy to see how that could happen.

I don't get close to other men and find sparks going off and interacting in a way that would fan the flames and turn it into something more. I just sort of shut that part of myself off when I'm in a relationship.

I wonder if that's a hardwired personality trait, or a developed skill. Hmm. Any psychology majors up in here?

Ouais!
Aww! Ouais! *adopts word*

I wonder if that's a hardwired personality trait, or a developed skill. Hmm. Any psychology majors up in here?

I was a psych major although I don't think that's going to be relevant to my answer. :wink2:

I'd say it's hard wired in the sense that my desire to ward people off is pretty inherent. But just like flirting and attracting people is a developed skill I guess you can also develop clear signals warning people not to approach.

I'm not interested in dating at the moment and people always give me the old cliché that it will happen when you least expect it. But it won't in my case. You have to be receptive to it on some level - at the very least subconsciously.

Even the least perceptive of men can usually tell when you've got a sign written on your forehead that says "don't even bother". :naughty: