I love you baby, but face it he's Mika

Christine

If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?

• Yes, I couldn't resist!
    • I'd think about it but I'd probably never do it
    • No, this Mika thing is just a bit of fun and I love my partner too much
    • Are you crazy? I don't even fancy Mika

The contingent was deafeningly silent for a long period of time. There was a full-on lynching for a good 24 hours before too many people voiced contrary opinions.

Fans were starting petitions because Mika showed up at an awards show with his hair combed. When he shows up with a date on his arm they're going to go berserk. Even if regular MFCers are fairly calm about it, I think a lot of lurkers are going to come out of the woodwork when it happens just to put their two cents in. It will be the craziest day on MFC ever.

And I can't wait. :naughty:

I can :glasses2:

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask him when you meet him in London. Command him.

"Mika, you're getting your sorry ass to Canada. Now." :thumb_yello:

:naughty: Well that is my usual MO but I'm thinking bribery might be the safer bet. I don't want to be responsible for scaring him off. All the

Well, they do say that one catches more flies with a drop of honey than a litre of vinegar...:thumb_yello:

Keep in mind that there was also a strong contingent of people who took the "she's Mika's band member and he chose her, so we have to at least try to like her" line of thought. So maybe a lot of that would prevail if he got into a relationship?

I hope that everyone will be happy for him!

When his choice of partner is made public, be it a girl or a boy, I'm sure that people will see it as a positive thing, and that if this person makes Mika happy then it's something that we should be happy about.

Replying to the comments about the new singer, this is a totally different issue. The choice of a new singer is just like any other "professional" decision that Mika makes, which I feel that we are entitled to comment on.

Obviously personal attacks are out of order, but what people think about that particular person in the context of the Mika gigs is in my opinion totally ok.

I have my opinion on this and I won't change it because others think differently; we are all entitled to our own opinions and nobody should be ashamed to express them.

Comments on Mika's personal life decisions, like on his chosen partner, are IMO not really acceptable.

He is exposing his artist side to us and that is the side that we can critique; his personal life is not up for criticism as he can do whatever the heck he wants in it, and we shouldn't comment on whether we "agree" with the person he chose or not...

In short, I really hope that whenever the day comes, we can all just be happy for him and not give too much importance to something that he probably wouldn't want us to focus on anyway. Let's just focus on the "stage Mika" :biggrin2: .

When his choice of partner is made public, be it a girl or a boy, I'm sure that people will see it as a positive thing, and that if this person makes Mika happy then it's something that we should be happy about.

That's what I hope, but I have a feeling it will not happen that way. I only hope that when/if this time comes, people will just be able to move on. I, frankly, look forward to Mika finding someone, just because I want that for him. I want him to fall in love and have someone love him back, because it's wonderful, and I want everyone to experience it.

It's just, sometimes it seems as if his personal life dominates topics here, as opposed to his musical life.

That's what I hope, but I have a feeling it will not happen that way. I only hope that when/if this time comes, people will just be able to move on. I, frankly, look forward to Mika finding someone, just because I want that for him. I want him to fall in love and have someone love him back, because it's wonderful, and I want everyone to experience it.

It's just, sometimes it seems as if his personal life dominates topics here, as opposed to his musical life.

Me too!

He's such a lovely person, that I really want him to be happy...:blush-anim-cl:

I think it's bizarre that there is so little interesting in talking about Mika's work here except in very generic terms like "I love it" or "It makes me so happy".

Most fan sites have entire forums dedicated to discussing individual songs. Maybe that will happen eventually when Mika has a larger body of work and people get over their initial infatuation.

But Mika's an interesting character and I think he's going to keep stirring it up for a long time to come. Someone started a thread just a couple of weeks ago about how they were losing interest and I said I felt the same and was relieved. Next thing you know Mika has straight hair, he's singing a new song, he's got a new backup singer and generally all hell has broken loose. :naughty:

so here's my tricky answer :biggrin2:

right now i'm single and i'm insanly in love with Mika! and it's not even a "celebrity crush" or something (like i've read here somewhere).. it is so much more. i mean, he is just PERFECT, and i've never felt this way about anyone, surely not about a celebrity.. so he is the love of my life and if he would ask me out, in this situation, right now, i'd probably freak! i would jump up the roof! but that's not the case, right? cuz you're asking me what would i do if i had a boyfriend. so if i'd have a boyfriend, i would probably be in love with him, isn't it right? so i wouldn't be in love with mika, cuz i'm already in love with him, or he wouldn't be my BF in the first place! so i wouldn't have to think about leaving him for mika, or any guy.. unless i'd be actually in love with mika (or in any guy) and not with him.. and in that

case, i should leave him anyway! LOL :naughty: cuz i'm not in love with him........

lol, isn't that make sense? :DD

so the answer is no, if i have a BF that i truly love, i don't need to think about any other guys, including Mika. assuming i'm just not interested in them, like i should be :wink2: (or it wouldn't be real.. you should focus on your boyfriend if you have one! and only on him)

but that's just an imaginary situation where i have a BF which i'm in love with.. ( =[ )

as for now, i'm single and hopelessly in love with MIKA. and i don't think that that's about to change any soon :blush-anim-cl:

Haha, my mom is watching TV and "Love the One You're With" is playing. How fitting.

It would all depend...how long have I been with my partner, do I want to get serious with my partner, etc. I don't think I would just up and leave someone I'm with especially if I've been with them for a while and really truly care/maybe even love them. I certainly wouldn't get a divorce strictly to be with Mika. I don't even know what Mika is really like. Besides, I'm not so sure I'd want to be with someone who is well-known. I think it would make the relationship tons more stressful. So anyway...no, I wouldn't leave someone I've been with for awhile just for Mika.

Christine, I love how you worded the poll's title. :roftl:

As the saying goes: "you can look but you can't touch". Thinking about doing something and actually doing it are two separate things. Anyone who claims that they wouldn't even think about it is probably a liar. Anyone who would actually do it is silly; I ask why jeapordise a loving, committed relationship for a fun but meaningless fling?

Christine, I love how you worded the poll's title. :roftl:

As the saying goes: "you can look but you can't touch". Thinking about doing something and actually doing it are two separate things. Anyone who claims that they wouldn't even think about it is probably a liar. Anyone who would actually do it is silly; I ask why jeapordise a loving, committed relationship for a fun but meaningless fling?

:das: ... unless it leads to another loving & committed relationship ..... which is FUN .... & happens to be Mika .... !!! :das::wink2::naughty::roftl:

:das: ... unless it leads to another loving & committed relationship ..... which is FUN .... & happens to be Mika .... !!! :das::wink2::naughty::roftl:

Isn't that supposed to be a bad idea, to jump straight from one person/relationship to another?:biggrin2:

Anyone who would actually do it is silly; I ask why jeapordise a loving, committed relationship for a fun but meaningless fling?

Not everyone with a partner is in a loving committed relationship, which is one of the things I'm curious about. I'm wondering if there are people out there who are obsessed with Mika because their current relationship isn't the be-all and end-all, but they're sticking around for the reasons people tend to do.

I don't expect any detailed confessions, but Mika's "yes" rating is over 50%...:fisch:

And who says the Mika relationship will be a meaningless fling? Of course there will be a happily ever after. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm wondering if there are people out there who are obsessed with Mika because their current relationship isn't the be-all and end-all, but they're sticking around for the reasons people tend to do.

- especially those who've never been obsessed with anyone/anything before

- but there are some people who are obsessed about everything until the novelty wears off... (trying to convince myself, but one year later, and it doesn't seem to be going away)

- then there are people who are just never satisfied (ie., 4 divorces later...)

Different guy, same sh**.

Not everyone with a partner is in a loving committed relationship, which is one of the things I'm curious about. I'm wondering if there are people out there who are obsessed with Mika because their current relationship isn't the be-all and end-all, but they're sticking around for the reasons people tend to do.

And who says the Mika relationship will be a meaningless fling? Of course there will be a happily ever after. :mf_rosetinted:

In my response I was referring to the specific situation of being in a loving, committed relationship - a fling which may risk ruining what one already has is not worth it in that particular case. I can't really speak for other situations but if someone's in a slightly crappier relationship understandably the temptation might be greater and the potential loss may seem smaller. A Mika obsession (heck, even a Mika fling) might be a filler in their relationship...

Oh, of course they would live happily ever after. From unidentified fan to the love of his life. It happens every day, right? :mf_rosetinted:

I don't expect any detailed confessions, but Mika's "yes" rating is over 50%...:fisch:

Go figure, the MFC is potential Mika groupie central. :bleh:

Oh, of course they would live happily ever after. From unidentified fan to the love of his life. It happens every day, right? :mf_rosetinted:

Happens every night...in my dreams. :wub2:

Ha, just kidding. Not even then. My imagination is simply not that wild.

Thank God, you almost had me there for a moment. I was afraid that you had watched one American romantic comedy too many. :naughty:

Actually I did have a dream about him the other night. But Sarie and Hollis were there, so it was more an episode of Three's Company than Pretty Woman.

I've never understood that.

I know that in every relationship there are disagreements and problems every now and then, and I think that it's normal and healthy, but if one is in a relationship that they are not fully happy with, and willing to dump their partner for "someone better", I just don't get it.

Isn't that also quite unfair on the partner? Unless the other party is doing the same:naughty:

I'd rather be alone and enjoy the benefits of being single, than sticking with someone who I'm not 100% sure that I want to be with...

I'd rather be alone and enjoy the benefits of being single, than sticking with someone who I'm not 100% sure that I want to be with...

Life isn't always that simple. There are often children and financial considerations. I stayed married in part because I wanted to live in England.

Life isn't always that simple. There are often children and financial considerations. I stayed married in part because I wanted to live in England.

Really?? Wow! Could you not stay if you weren't married?

But yes, I know that things are not always simple, but still, in the long term I suppose that it tends to "move" in one direction or another....For example you are not married to him anymore,right?

I mainly mean when people stay with someone for a long, long time, and often a lifetime, knowing that they don't want to...But hey, each to their own, I just don't understand it.

I think that it comes to a point that one just feels the need to break free.

Really?? Wow! Could you not stay if you weren't married?

No. If I'd had a 10 year passport I may have been able to get away with it, but my right of abode was stamped in a passport that would have expired before I was eligible to apply for citizenship. You have to live in the UK for 5 years first.

I think that it comes to a point that one just feels the need to break free.

Maybe some "yes" voters are in that transition period. Personally if I found myself mooning over Mika that would be a real wake-up call for me regarding the viability of my relationship. But as we discussed earlier people are wired differently so it doesn't necessarily mean anything that serious. It depends on the individual.

Actually I did have a dream about him the other night. But Sarie and Hollis were there, so it was more an episode of Three's Company than Pretty Woman.

1. I'm glad Hollis and myself invade the inner most thoughts of your psyche.

2. I'm glad you actually remembered that little crap video I made to make Hollis laugh.