I love you baby, but face it he's Mika

Christine

If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?

• Yes, I couldn't resist!
    • I'd think about it but I'd probably never do it
    • No, this Mika thing is just a bit of fun and I love my partner too much
    • Are you crazy? I don't even fancy Mika

1. I'm glad Hollis and myself invade the inner most thoughts of your psyche.

2. I'm glad you actually remembered that little crap video I made to make Hollis laugh.

Ha! LOL! Never saw that before - that's hilarious Sari!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'm glad Hollis and myself invade the inner most thoughts of your psyche.

2. I'm glad you actually remembered that little crap video I made to make Hollis laugh.

I guess that's what happens when I stay up too late to read MFC.

I woke up in the middle of the night and it was such a great dream I tried to will myself to remember it in the morning because I always forget. Unfortunately I still couldn't recall most of it :thumbdown:

Something about you and Hollis and a couple of dozen other high school/uni age peeps at a party with some sort of Mika event going on. I had to make my way back to wherever I came from and ended up finding Big M along the way.

The only other dream I had about him was he was appearing on So You Think You Can Dance - but as a contestant, not a musical guest. He was wearing a Flashdance outfit with leg warmers, like that Pop World segment.

It's funny because they aired this Queen/braces/skinny jeans number a couple of weeks later. Mika should have been there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mS8UjF5Yh4

well, i voted no. first , because i have awonderfull husband. just because he tolerate me with this is allready a great guy and second because mika and i don't maches. 2 strong persons. a lion and a taurus? fireworks.

Yes. I know that song..."I love yyou baby!!! but face it she is maddonna!, no man on earth will say that he don't want her" yes. I have that cd...and answering to the answer....YES. I would...I mean.,...really...he is Mika!!! when would you have a chance of that magnitud...If he ever wants to get together with me...I will take that chance!

Funny development!

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that my dear fiance is totally un-jealous when it comes to my Mika obsession. Well, today we were talking in the car and I referenced FD's "cultural learnings of America" thread. My dear fiance got jealous, and is now convinced that I have every intention to sneak off to Portland and kidnapp Freddiesdouble. :roftl:

My psycho-analysis says that he's not jealous of me obsessing over Mika because Mika isn't "real" - whereas simply mentioning a forum member who isn't female is cause for concern, because all of y'all are real. Miles and miles of Atlantic ocean notwithstanding.

That's my psycho analysis for today; you may now return to your regularly scheduled programs. :thumb_yello:

My dear fiance got jealous, and is now convinced that I have every intention to sneak off to Portland and kidnapp Freddiesdouble. :roftl:

:shocked: Now he's going to get suspicious of your interest in moving to England. I hope he doesn't put the kibosh on it! :naughty:

I think I would consider it, even a bit, but I don't think it would ever work between us. He's my idol and I adore him through his music, and a relationship between an idol and a fan is still very different than a relationship between two person who are in love with eachother. I don't know what kind of person he is in "real life". Maybe there's some feature in his character I would not stand, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't even want to. He's my idol, I love him and his music, I believe he's really cool and interesting person, and I don't want to ravage that image.

And if I would really love my boyfriend, I couldn't dump him just like that. I just couldn't, I'm not that kind of person at all.

For that situation to happened where i would have to decide, first i need to get a boyfriend.

so far I won't have to chose.

It'll be Mika or no one. Because there is no one else.:no:

If there was someone. . . i probably wouldn't leave because i would hate myself for it. :thumbdown:

(plus there's a bit a an age difference that's a bit strange.)

I chose to not leave my boyfriend of 2 years or so... We are very much in love... I've never felt like this before and I couldn't just throw it away... I've had to fight people off before with gradual ease (obviously because my love for him grew) and I can still have harmless crushes. :blush-anim-cl:

He's in love with his favourite singer (Utada Hikaru) anyway! *jealous rage*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
well, i voted no. first , because i have awonderfull husband. just because he tolerate me with this is allready a great guy and second because mika and i don't maches. 2 strong persons. a lion and a taurus? fireworks.

don't say that!! Leo and Taurus would get on just fine wouldn't they...??!! wouldn't they?! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

well it's hard to say when i have no man-or haven't had one in a long time:confused:(which is fine!!) i suppose anyone would have to meet him and get to know him properly first to see if there are feelings there/if you'd get on...but ya screw that i'd take him in a second!!:mf_lustslow:

This has been a pretty interesting thread!

Okay so would you dump Batman for Mika? What about Spiderman? He's hotter.

OMFG, that's the funniest thing I've read here in a long time. :lmao:

Imagine you get a behind-the-scenes job touring with him. Imagine that you and he start spending time together. Imagine after a particularly awesome gig, he invites you back to his hotel room or something, with the intent of discussing work. It would be easy to convince yourself right up to the last second that it was entirely platonic. Until suddenly it wasn’t. And then, as I said in my first post, all hell would break loose.

I would have a REALLY difficult time resisting that.

It's not because I feel I should have some superior moral standard, I'm just not attracted to anyone else when I'm focused on one person.

--------

I don't get close to other men and find sparks going off and interacting in a way that would fan the flames and turn it into something more. I just sort of shut that part of myself off when I'm in a relationship.

Me too... I find that it's just not on my mind when I really care about the one I'm with. That just gets shut off. Although, Mana's example above would possibly be the exception that I just couldn't resist. UNLESS I was actually already married in this hypothetical situation.

Mika's as naughty as the next boy...I'm sure of it. :naughty:

I'm sure of it too. You can hear it in his voice in the "ya right" comment during Hips Don't Lie.

Christine you are too funny:roftl:

*But why I would have to leave my partner?* :naughty:

Just picturing the type of lifestyle that one would have to endure to be with someone like Mika....It would be similar to how you described Paolo Nutini's girlfriend (giving the cut-eye to all the screaming girls and guys ready to pounce on him...). No thanks.

Mika would be fun with 'no strings attached' :naughty: - but seriously, let's dream on girlfriends. :mf_lustslow:

Besides, I keep needing to repeat that I am happily married.:mf_rosetinted:

I have not read the whole thread but I couldn't resist quoting this...Suzy, you continue to crack me up! (Says Kath, nicely avoiding the orginal question!:naughty: ) However, as I am one of the many people on here that is old enough to be Mika's mother, the question is fairly irelevant, but I am sure the answer would have to no...but like Suzy, I could go for the 'no strings bit'!!!!:naughty:

That's how I interpreted Ring Ring as well- But then again, we don't even know if he's talking about himself being the subject of obsession behaviour, or if it was someone close to him. Like Holy Johnny or Billy Brown, etc...There's no real way to know for sure which songs are autobiographical and which ones are based on others. And as he says himself, he "borrows people's storires" and constantly writes about his friends. Then again, my cynical little brain thinks that this is the perfect excuse when you want to write about your own experiences but you don't want anyone to know that they are yours, hehe.

So, in essence, we will never know:naughty:.

Haha Suzy, I think it is!! I think that your "point of view" was made quite clear!!:roftl:

On the subject though, my 2 cents are: No, I would not leave my partner for Mika.

We have a long and happy relationship which has been built over a long time, and he has the qualities that I want in a partner. Heck,that is why I'm still with him after this long, way longer after the initial heady "honeymoon" phase.

So it's clear to me that I would not throw all that away for anyone, Mika or another person, unless somehow things would start going wrong with him and I would not feel happy anymore.

Of course I am the first who would get out of a situation that I don't want to be in, but this is not the case, so I'm staying.

Sorry Mika, you're gonna have to wait :bleh: .

Also, I agree with what people have said about us not KNOWING Mika. Some of those who say they'd happily go off with him would possibly hate the day to day with him.

I know that he is a lovely guy, I really think that he's a nice person, very loving, very talented, very bright, etc...but everyone has flaws.

I do, and so does my partner. And my neighbour. And all of you.

The key is to see which flaws in our partners we can live ,and which are a total no-no.

We don't know what Mika's flaws are (well, only a few of them) but I think that nobody can tell if they would be compatible with a stranger and that includes Mika.

And lastly.......seriously girls, I don't think any of us actually would have a chance with him...and it has nothing to do with us being "worthy of him", because if anything I do consider myself fantastically worthy of Mika-love and if anything he'd be incredibly lucky to have me:naughty: .

I am hinting in the direction of one of Christine's comments regarding the "V" word.....

This is really sad, but I found myself re-reading the thread to see if I had already commented on it, and it looks like I did, and I still standy by what I said about it back in octobert:roftl: so here it is again

I said it was sad, looking for my post and quoting it...sigh...

This is really sad, but I found myself re-reading the thread to see if I had already commented on it, and it looks like I did, and I still standy by what I said about it back in octobert:roftl: so here it is again

I said it was sad, looking for my post and quoting it...sigh...

That's so funny... I hadn't noticed this thread was started in October! I guess I just noticed this week when it must have been bumped, and I assumed it was started this week to fill the empty space around here lately!