I love you baby, but face it he's Mika

Christine

If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?

• Yes, I couldn't resist!
    • I'd think about it but I'd probably never do it
    • No, this Mika thing is just a bit of fun and I love my partner too much
    • Are you crazy? I don't even fancy Mika

:lmao:

Hard question!

But I think the answer is no because when I met him, I didn't feel attracted by him in the :das: way.

I wonder that if I had met him in "the normal life" (without the fame), would I feel attracted by him?

Because I knew him very well before the meeting and it's strange to meet someone you know before meeting him.

Maybe in normal life (if i felt in love) but not with the fame (hard to know if you really love him or if you love the Mika you watch on TV)

It's like Lois Lane and Superman: she is in love with Superman and she tells him she would love him even if he were a normal guy. But she is not in love with Clark Kent, so he is quit hurt by her remark.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa!! So many good points made here since I posted my Batman fantasy (:roftl: ) last night (btw I was thinking of the 1960s Batman - Adam West?? HOT. And quite camp. But well, there you go :wink2: )

Okay so would you dump Batman for Mika? What about Spiderman? He's hotter.

In a straight choice between Batman and Mika I'd go for Mika. Spiderman? Naah.

Obsessing over Mika is a way of getting that high without risking anything in one's "reality." It's like a virtual reality roller coaster; you get some of the fun without any of the risk. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of their "reality" relationship ........To obsess over someone in your real day-to-day life, like a colleague, for example, is fraught with all sorts of complications...............

I don’t imagine anyone daydreams about Mika leaving dirty socks on the floor, staying out late and stumbling in drunk, or leaving the toilet seat up.

Quite agree with all this (that was a hard post to edit!!)

.....I'm trying to imagine the men I've been involved with tolerating it and I can't. They weren't jealous types, but I think with the level of neglect it would require for me to hear and see what Mika's doing virtually every day and chase him half way round the world, I'd become the victim of some pretty persistent passive-aggressive behaviour.

I'm really curious to know how people work that out with their partner because I can't imagine ever getting away with it.

Well this is interesting. Much as part of me would love to, I cannot imagine chasing Mika across England, let alone the world. My husband knows I'm a bit obsessed with him, that I think he's the best thing since sliced bread etc. but really there has to be a limit...if I suddenly announced I was going to six or seven gigs of his in the space of a month or so, I DO think he would start to suspect (irrationally, but nonetheless understandably!) that I was either trying to get some groupie action (:roftl: with Mika!! LOL) or was clinically insane. I wouldn't do it. At the end of the day you know how far you can go with these things, and it comes down to respect for your partner's feelings, which is part of a mature loving relationship.

He doesn't mind my Mika obsession (maybe he would do if Mika was nearer my age lol), but he knows I don't stand a cat in hells chance. :roftl:

:roftl: This is what it boils down to in the end isn't it. Well partly. Ha. *born too early, sigh :bleh: *

Well, despite of his beauty and his "greatness", i cannot see Mika as a boy with stay together.

I don't know why.

He ispires me a lot of things, also to give him a lot of hugs and kisses...:bleh:

But not in the way of a girlfriend :)

Maybe it's because my present boyfriend is my life.

He support me in everything I do, even if he doesn't agree and say it to me.

He's patient, he knows the perfect way to take me and to love me...and I'm a terrible character...

...Indeed, I love Mika. And I love my boyfriend.

And fortunately Love on this Earth has a lot of different forms :)

There is NO WAY that I would e-v-e-r want to be 'in a relationship' with someone who was a 'celebrity' ...........

can you imagine what that would be like? Eewww, it would be hellacious!!!!!

Either you traveled WITH them and had to endure everything that went along with the status... OR you always stayed behind- and they were left freely with all the temptations and such... No No No No No! I think people like that should just stay single and have their f-u-n! One day Mika will be done with all of that and WANT to settle down! At that time the whole senario would change! Then it is a whole other story!!!!

In conclusion, let me just say that I indeed WOULD like to R-O-C-K Mika's world for just one night! :biggrin2:

Ok, I listen to my thread mates, not much of them are in a relationship, but some of them are...

I think that if you leave your partner for Mika, your relationship was not so good...and something was wrong.

Of course there's always arguments, for example, my friends' boyfriends hate Mika, don't let them listen to LICM in front of them or talk about Mika, etc etc. A lot of times they wish it was easier, and fancy to leave the boy. But they're still in the same place, loving the same person...

and I think that Mika can't hurt us because he can't get close to much of us!! haha I guess it may be difficult to be in a relationship with someone like Mika...he's unpredictable, you don't know when he'll be strong and when weak instead...I'm really curious about the man behind the illusion, bear in mind that you can incredibly love someone and sometimes it doesn't work. The lucky person who gets to be with Mika....he/she will have a great suprise in front of his/her eyes. Hope it's a beautiful one.

I want Mika as my friend and I won't do anything that makes it harder to get it :)

and...well...I would think about Luke...haha. It could be interesting!

When I read all this, and think about it it makes me quit sad...

Image you are Mika, or some other celebraty, it must be so difficult to find the true love of your life...You can never be quite sure if someone loves you because of you the real person or because of you the celebraty.

Ok, I listen to my thread mates, not much of them are in a relationship, but some of them are...

I think that if you leave your partner for Mika, your relationship was not so good...and something was wrong.

Of course there's always arguments, for example, my friends' boyfriends hate Mika, don't let them listen to LICM in front of them or talk about Mika, etc etc. A lot of times they wish it was easier, and fancy to leave the boy. But they're still in the same place, loving the same person...

and I think that Mika can't hurt us because he can't get close to much of us!! haha I guess it may be difficult to be in a relationship with someone like Mika...he's unpredictable, you don't know when he'll be strong and when weak instead...I'm really curious about the man behind the illusion, bear in mind that you can incredibly love someone and sometimes it doesn't work. The lucky person who gets to be with Mika....he/she will have a great suprise in front of his/her eyes. Hope it's a beautiful one.

I want Mika as my friend and I won't do anything that makes it harder to get it :)

and...well...I would think about Luke...haha. It could be interesting!

I can say that my bof hate Mika :biggrin2:

But he admitted that in Bologna, more than Milan and Florence, he had a lot of fun :)

I think he begin to convert to Mikaism...Love can do everything :biggrin2:

When I read all this, and think about it it makes me quit sad...

Image you are Mika, or some other celebraty, it must be so difficult to find the true love of your life...You can never be quite sure if someone loves you because of you the real person or because of you the celebraty.

I'm sure Mika will not have problems to find the real Love.

As we can judge from what we knows and read about him, he's a wonderful person.

That's because I think he is first of all a real person, a part of his celebrity.

But it's like you have a lot of beautiful male friends, some of them very charming...and you don't fall in love with every charming people you meet, but only with a person who have a "don't know what" who enchants you...

I'm sure Mika will not have problems to find the real Love.

As we can judge from what we knows and read about him, he's a wonderful person.

That's because I think he is first of all a real person, a part of his celebrity.

But it's like you have a lot of beautiful male friends, some of them very charming...and you don't fall in love with every charming people you meet, but only with a person who have a "don't know what" who enchants you...

That's right! :biggrin2:

Well, despite of his beauty and his "greatness", i cannot see Mika as a boy with stay together.

I don't know why.

He ispires me a lot of things, also to give him a lot of hugs and kisses...:bleh:

But not in the way of a girlfriend :)

Maybe it's because my present boyfriend is my life.

He support me in everything I do, even if he doesn't agree and say it to me.

He's patient, he knows the perfect way to take me and to love me...and I'm a terrible character...

...Indeed, I love Mika. And I love my boyfriend.

And fortunately Love on this Earth has a lot of different forms :)

The same feeling! I have a boyfriend too.

And I only want to support Mica because he's very nice, funny, intelligent, talented and has a strong character (did I miss writing he was cute? :naughty:).

One way that I see this is, I would hate to think that my boyfriend would contemplate leaving me over someone like Jessica Alba or whoever else he finds attractive. And the nice thing is, I know he doesn't think about those things.... so even contemplating those things myself would seem like a smack in his face...

One way that I see this is, I would hate to think that my boyfriend would contemplate leaving me over someone like Jessica Alba or whoever else he finds attractive. And the nice thing is, I know he doesn't think about those things.... so even contemplating those things myself would seem like a smack in his face...

That's true! Sorry guys! :bleh:

I voted for option 2.

I dont have a boyfriend, but there are several reasons why I wouldnt.

He's to old. And he's travelling most of his time.

And yes, he is pretty and nice. But I think he would be so much cooler as just a friend.

Or the opposite problem - Mika finds someone who he's interested in, and they're put off the by the celebrity aspect. Particularly in Mika's case, because the press would salivate over having some "confirmation" of his sexuality, one way or the other.

Hmm, I don't see it that way. I know that my fiance has daydreamed about running of with Katherine Heigl (of Grey's Anatomy fame), but that it's really just a bit of fantasy - like daydreaming about moving to Antarctica to become a penguin biologist, or something. Nice to think about for a few minutes when you're bored waiting in the checkout line, but not something you'd really seriously aim to pursue. :thumb_yello:

The press would have a field day if there was conformation about his sexuality. The difficultly is points someone who would be happy to keep the relationship low-key to avoid unwelcome publicity, and cope with the travelling aspect. For example: ME!

Okay, I will stop talking now! :biggrin2:

The press would have a field day if there was conformation about his sexuality. The difficultly is points someone who would be happy to keep the relationship low-key to avoid unwelcome publicity, and cope with the travelling aspect. For example: ME!

Okay, I will stop talking now! :biggrin2:

Obviously anyone with whom he has already had a relationship won't kiss and tell or hasn't as yet.

I am a little surprised that something of that nature hasn't leaked out especially with the speculation over his sexual orientation and the kind of press we have here.

Obviously anyone with whom he has already had a relationship won't kiss and tell or hasn't as yet.

I am a little surprised that something of that nature hasn't leaked out especially with the speculation over his sexual orientation and the kind of press we have here.

I know! I'm surprised too!

Clearly anyone who has been in a relationship with him has remained a friend and therefore is keeping quiet. Which can't be a bad think from Mika's perspective.

I'm good at keeping secrets:mf_rosetinted:

yeah i've been wondering about that too. or even people making up stories like that. it's a miracle that it hasn't happened yet...