Mika @ Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, 30-10-2007: REVIEWS!

dcdeb

(report, part 2)

- during lollipop, i threw a few lollipops on stage and mika picked them up, waved them around a bit and then threw them over his shoulder. :biggrin2: does any of you have that on video or pix of it?

- he made a lot of eye contact with us (and i think also with many other fans in the centre of front row) during the show.

- usual setlist, with relax in the end. and shirt off during love today. :biggrin2: he jumped around a lot, was very energetic in spite of his cold. just one time when he wanted to start talking, he theatrically gasped for air and said "i can't breathe!" and started laughing.

- he always came really close to us, when he was on that bit of stage in the front - that was really amazing, he was at least as close as he had been in ibiza! we had a perfect place, not completely in the centre, but at the left corner of this protruding stage part. and so, during the last song, ioana got mika's spit in her face when he was singing in our direction. she complained to everyone about it, but i guess she somehow liked it, cause she didn't wipe it off but just let it dry. :das::roftl:

- meeting mika: i gave him my present and a letter. i had bought for him a english-german dictionary where you have pictures to every word, it's supposed to be easier to learn this way. he said it is good and sth else i don't remember, i told him his german was good but he didn't really believe me, i said i had heard that he was ill and wished him to get well soon. ioana and me told him we would be at the mtv awards and ioana said sth about him winning the awards but he said he doesn't believe he'll win. she also asked him sth about coming to romania, but i'll let her tell that herself, i didn't hear much of it. oh, and he liked her "got mika?" button! :biggrin2: i didn't ask for an autograph, will do that another time... but i asked for a hug and got one. :wub2: :wub2:

part 3 will follow (meeting luke and cherisse)...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

violet sky! I'm so thrilled you got to see Mika perform and that you really enjoyed the experience. :biggrin2:

GermanSweetheart - Welcome to our world and thanks for sharing!

mellody! Hope to see pics of you in your Lollipop dress! You got interviewed! Wow!

(report, part 3)

- before mika came, ioana has asked a guy who later turned out to be the bus driver whether the band members would come out and told him that she had presents for luke (a cd) and cherisse (the bday project). the bus driver (simon) told her he would make sure they'd come to meet her. so after mika left and everyone else had to leave too, the two of us were allowed to stay and wait for luke and cherisse. when luke went from the venue to the bus, simon went over to him and shortly after, they both came to us. luke asked who we were waiting for, and we said for him, he looked quite surprised. :naughty: we introduced ourselves and shook hands with him (ioana introduced herself as joanna... :roftl: ), then ioana gave him a cd with some songs and pix. then she said to luke, she has a message from amy (esperia), but she didn't say what she had planned to, that amy hates him (for not answering i think?), but said sth nice instead. :naughty: was something about a cd her and amy want to record. i asked luke whether it was true that he was born in frankfurt (mika had said that during the show, while introducing the band), he said yeah, and told me which part of frankfurt (don't remember) and whether i knew it, and i said no, sorry, i'm from munich... we asked whether he speaks german and he said "nein". :roftl: and that he only was there for the first few months of his life. i told him that we love his songs, and i think he was quite happy about that. :original: when he saw cherisse's bday present, he asked about it, and talked with ioana about when cherisse's bday is... he said it right, but still looked it up in his mobile, to make sure. :naughty: oh, and then there was this crew guy called "bubbles", he came over while we talked with luke (luke introduced us) and told us that he had been the one who had knocked on the bus windows when we walked by in the afternoon (you can't look inside, so we were wondering who was knocking at the windows... but it wasn't mikas bus but the crew bus, so we weren't THAT confused). oh yeah, and we also told luke about the mtv awards casting, ioana said we had to scream and shake our butts, and luke looked really interested and said "so what exactly did you have to do??" :lmao: then we took pix with luke and said bye.

damn smiley restrictions, will post the cherisse meeting in a new post!

(report part 4)

after a while, simon came back with cherisse, of course she was really sweet, gave each of us a hug and was really happy about the present. we also told her about the mtv awards, and i asked her (cause i forgot to ask mika) whether she knows when they'll be in australia the next time, cause i'm going on holiday there and would be quite upset if after booking my flight i'd hear that they'd have a concert there 2 days after my holiday. :naughty: she didn't know though, just said she thinks some time next year. we also took pix with her, and then ioana wanted a pic with simon, and cherisse offered to take one of both of us with him - so now we have a pic with mika's bus driver, taken by cherisse. :roftl: for a goodbye, she hugged us again. :original: oh yeah, and she asked ioana, where romania was. :naughty:

i remember sth else about luke, i asked him why they have no lollipop girls anymore (another question i actually wanted to ask mika but forgot :fisch:), he started telling me bout lorna not being available for it anymore (we all know that), and i said i know, but sometimes they had ppl from the crowd as lollipop girls, and luke said he doesn't know why they don't do that anymore.

well, that's about it i think. of course it was great meeting reni and ela, and i think we might have recruited a few new mfc members... especially ioana, we had the idea of collecting signatures for the "make the mfc official" petition, so wie could send them in all together... and ioana went around through the queues and asked everyone to sign. :naughty:

well, and we had a lot of fun, of course. new material for the knitting thread, due to something that ioana said... :roftl: (will post it there) of course also pix and videos, ioana took a lot of martin.

more videos:

missionary man, includes some nice hip thrusts... :das:

mika introducing the band. this was after he said that his microphone cable is getting longer and longer, and one day he'd accidentially strangle himself with it. he put the mic cable around his neck while he said that (unfortunately, i don't have that on video). then, i don't really remember why, martin did the same. at the beginning of the video you can see martin removing the mic cable from his neck. :naughty:

and mika talking bout his german singing teacher norbert. i love it how he speaks english with a german accent, this sounds so funny!! :roftl:

and the photos (the few i took of the show didn't turn out good, i'll have to make some screenshots of the videos to get pix):

ioana and me in front row:

IMG_2397.jpg

ioana's ya ya: :roftl:

IMG_2409.jpg

me and luke:

IMG_2452.jpg

me and cherisse:

IMG_2453.jpg

the mfc girls: me, ioana, ela, reni

IMG_2456.jpg

(report, part 2)

- during lollipop, i threw a few lollipops on stage and mika picked them up, waved them around a bit and then threw them over his shoulder. :: does any of you have that on video or pix of it?

- he made a lot of eye contact with us (and i think also with many other fans in the centre of front row) during the show.

- usual setlist, with relax in the end. and shirt off during love today. :biggrin2: he jumped around a lot, was very energetic in spite of his cold. just one time when he wanted to start talking, he theatrically gasped for air and said "i can't breathe!" and started laughing.

- he always came really close to us, when he was on that bit of stage in the front - that was really amazing, he was at least as close as he had been in ibiza! we had a perfect place, not completely in the centre, but at the left corner of this protruding stage part. and so, during the last song, ioana got mika's spit in her face when he was singing in our direction. she complained to everyone about it, but i guess she somehow liked it, cause she didn't wipe it off but just let it dry. :das::roftl:

- meeting mika: i gave him my present and a letter. i had bought for him a english-german dictionary where you have pictures to every word, it's supposed to be easier to learn this way. he said it is good and sth else i don't remember, i told him his german was good but he didn't really believe me, i said i had heard that he was ill and wished him to get well soon. ioana and me told him we would be at the mtv awards and ioana said sth about him winning the awards but he said he doesn't believe he'll win. she also asked him sth about coming in romania, but i'll let her tell that herself, i didn't hear much of it. oh, and he liked her "got mika?" button! :biggrin2: i didn't ask for an autograph, will do that another time... but i asked for a hug and got one. :wub2: :wub2:

Thanks Mellody for all the reports !!!!

Mika in romania ?:mf_lustslow:

Ioana come and tell us your reports !!!!

Can't wait to tell us everything !!!

Mellody do you know if Ioana gave Cherisse the gifts ?

(ioana introduced herself as joanna... :roftl: )

Why am I not surprised? :roftl: :roftl:

And why am I not working, just reading your lovely detailed reports? :naughty: Ow man, you lucky b**ches!! :biggrin2: I wish you great fun at the awards tonight, and at the gig tomorrow! :punk:

mika introducing the band. this was after he said that his microphone cable is getting longer and longer, and one day he'd accidentially strangle himself with it. he put the mic cable around his neck while he said that (unfortunately, i don't have that on video). then, i don't really remember why, martin did the same. at the beginning of the video you can see martin removing the mic cable from his neck. :naughty:

I want to introduce my stupid band? :naughty:

Filmer and company going wild on Luke - hehe... :naughty:

I always love the band introduction part. :thumb_yello:

[Edit] And now I have seen the pics too! Great! Thanks for sharing Mellody! :glasses3:

you're coming to munich too? great! don't be shy and say hi to us, i'd love to meet you! ioana only told me after the gig that she thinks she has seen you. but now that you mentioned the glitter braces and that you talked to ioana for a while, maybe i've seen you too... were you shortly behind us in the queue and was there a guy with curly hair and a hoodie with you? when ioana was there for a while, i thought she was making friends with the curly haired guy.

btw, with windows movie maker you can make your videos smaller. i love the grace kelly video, it's so close up!

Thanks for your loong and detailed report, loved it, it helps me to recall all the details *sigh* I wasn't able to report about right after the gig LOL

I'll watch your videos later, good you have made so many of them :punk: and also captured him speaking German..

You're right, we were standing behind you in the queue, the girl with the glitter braces and the hat, that was me. :blush-anim-cl:

I think Ioana recognized me rightaway, haha, she is adorable.

The curly guy wearing the hoodie (how I love that expression, haha :roftl: ) was my brother and he felt kinda embarrassed first to stand there quite in front, queuing for a Mika concert (it's not exactly the type of music he is into - well, that was true before the gig :naughty:, now he's a believer :punk: )

I'd love to meet you in Munich, this time for real! When will you arrive at the venue? I plan to be early to get to the front again - after Tuesday I can impossibly stand in the back :sneaky2:

Oh and you'll be at the EMA? So great! Maybe I'll see you then tonight (on my TV screen, that is :biggrin2: )

(report part 4)

after a while, simon came back with cherisse, of course she was really sweet, gave each of us a hug and was really happy about the present. we also told her about the mtv awards, and i asked her (cause i forgot to ask mika) whether she knows when they'll be in australia the next time, cause i'm going on holiday there and would be quite upset if after booking my flight i'd hear that they'd have a concert there 2 days after my holiday. :naughty: she didn't know though, just said she thinks some time next year. we also took pix with her, and then ioana wanted a pic with simon, and cherisse offered to take one of both of us with him - so now we have a pic with mika's bus driver, taken by cherisse. :roftl: for a goodbye, she hugged us again. :original: oh yeah, and she asked ioana, where romania was. :naughty:

i remember sth else about luke, i asked him why they have no lollipop girls anymore (another question i actually wanted to ask mika but forgot :fisch:), he started telling me bout lorna not being available for it anymore (we all know that), and i said i know, but sometimes they had ppl from the crowd as lollipop girls, and luke said he doesn't know why they don't do that anymore.

well, that's about it i think. of course it was great meeting reni and ela, and i think we might have recruited a few new mfc members... especially ioana, we had the idea of collecting signatures for the "make the mfc official" petition, so wie could send them in all together... and ioana went around through the queues and asked everyone to sign. :naughty:

well, and we had a lot of fun, of course. new material for the knitting thread, due to something that ioana said... :roftl: (will post it there) of course also pix and videos, ioana took a lot of martin.

What a full and detailed report - almost felt like being there!!

And what a brilliant idea - getting signatures!!! You are stars!!!! :thumb_yello:

(report part 4)

Thank you so much for the detailed report, mellody!!!

Wow Mellody seems you've had an amaaaaaaaaaaazing time!!! you both have been very lucky!!

(ioana introduced herself as joanna... :roftl: ),

Oh noooo, please tell me someone have this on video!! :roftl:

Ioana where are you????????

*joins Blue waiting.....* :fisch: