Mika @ Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, 30-10-2007: REVIEWS!

dcdeb

OK, ladies and gents, this is the spot to post your reports about

the Mika show in Frankfurt on 30 October! Can't wait to

hear all about it! :biggrin2:

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I’m back. And you are witnessing a newly minted non-Mika-virgin struggling for words. I don’t know what to say, actually, it was overwhelming.

We arrived at about five thirty (I think?) at the venue and noticed far less people than expected waiting there, which made me quite happy as I had already feared to be banned to the back.

Oh and something different first: Mellody, Ela, Reni, I noticed you there but –shame on me, I was too shy to say hello. Good that Ioana wasn’t shy at all and made my brother and my bf sign the “MFC must get official” petition rightaway, haha. Ioana, you’re such a sweet person, oh and I didn’t even introduce myself but I guess you know that was me. And I truly adore your carrot-reindeer head decoration.

In the queue there were two very cute girls behind us, so nice, they were super excited and asked us ‘Have you seen the Mika before?’ ‘Do you think he’s cute?’ What do you answer to such a question? …’Hm, I think he’s very talented’ LOL :mf_rosetinted:

Okay, I don’t know anymore what time it was when we were finally let in, but we had a good spot in the third row a little right-centered. Perfect, if there hadn’t been that group of hyper little girls next to me – super annoying, but well, I can understand that they were so excited. Good they behaved during the show :naughty:

Mika’s cameraman was around but due to my natural fear of cams I tried to hide. Don’t know if I succeeded, though.

Yelle started at 8 PM and funny enough, I totally thought I wouldn’t like her music, but I have to say it seems to work on a stage. I was caught by the rhythm instantly, very bouncy vibe. I liked it. She said a few sentences in her French-flavoured German which was actually cute. After half an hour she finished her set and we were waiting again… about 45 minutes this time.

Shortly before Mika was due to enter the stage I found myself right behind a supertall woman, seeing practically nothing, but this fear turned out to be wrong, because I should find out later that I had a perfect view to where the Mikster spent most of the time.

That was the easy part of my report.

More to come when I found the proper words…

Okay, the words don’t come, maybe they don’t exist. ‘Uplifting and heartwarming’ are my favourites so far, I’ll borrow them from the cute TBA swan couple.

I think I’ll leave my personal feelings about that experience in another place and give you the hard facts here.

At about 9:15 PM Mika entered the stage. Before there was the usual Saranayde-angel scene and then he started ‘Relax’.

He wore the fake braces shirt again, he had to, as it was me who had the real silver sequin braces. Real braces, Mika! Thought they might fit my cord hat, so I took them, sorry. The set was the usual one for this tour I think.

He spoke German. Lots. And this was very much appreciated by the audience, the crowd went crazy and it sounded so good. :wub2:

He constantly lost his left in ear monitoring thingie. It didn’t make a difference.

The crowd sang along to each of his songs and he looked as if he couldn’t believe it. He looked so genuinely happy. :original:

What can I say? He radiated pure joy and energy, as usual (I guess).

Martin’s guitar solo to SITM was ace and so was Mikey’s LT solo, it has blown me away. Cherisse was fantastic on the drums AND on the dustbin. So was Mika. Luke did a great job as always, I wish they'd move him a little more into the foreground ;o)

About Sara… I can only say she has a very powerful voice and I liked MM a lot. I couldn’t observe her dominating the performance, maybe they have changed something? Or maybe I was just focused on something else. What she sang matched the rest quite well as far as I could hear. But I also think doing HE more or less alone and not as a duet was a good decision in my book. I loved that version of HE.

I have to say that every single song that was performed tonight was so much better than on the album. And the LICM album is the best – music wise - that has happened to me in a long time.

I’m hoarse and deaf and I’ll get a neck strain for sure. My head is a mess. I want to say so much but I can’t.

Oh and before you ask: no, I didn’t meet him. Not today.

Hi there, I’m back. And you are witnessing a newly minted non-Mika-virgin struggling for words. I don’t know what to say, actually, it was overwhelming.

We arrived at about five thirty (I think?) at the venue and noticed far less people than expected waiting there, which made me quite happy as I had already feared to be banned to the back.

Oh and something different first: Mellody, Ela, Reni, I noticed you there but –shame on me, I was too shy to say hello. Good that Ioana wasn’t shy at all and made my brother and my bf sign the “MFC must get official” petition rightaway, haha. Ioana, you’re such a sweet person, oh and I didn’t even introduce myself but I guess you know that was me. And I truly adore your carrot-reindeer head decoration.

In the queue there were two very cute girls behind us, so nice, they were super excited and asked us ‘Have you seen the Mika before?’ ‘Do you think he’s cute?’ What do you answer to such a question? …’Hm, I think he’s very talented’ LOL :mf_rosetinted:

Okay, I don’t know anymore what time it was when we were finally let in, but we had a good spot in the third row a little right-centered. Perfect, if there hadn’t been that group of hyper little girls next to me – super annoying, but well, I can understand that they were so excited. Good they behaved during the show :naughty:

Mika’s cameraman was around but due to my natural fear of cams I tried to hide. Don’t know if I succeeded, though.

Yelle started at 8 PM and funny enough, I totally thought I wouldn’t like her music, but I have to say it seems to work on a stage. I was caught by the rhythm instantly, very bouncy vibe. I liked it. She said a few sentences in her French-flavoured German which was actually cute. After half an hour she finished her set and we were waiting again… about 45 minutes this time.

Shortly before Mika was due to enter the stage I found myself right behind a supertall woman, seeing practically nothing, but this fear turned out to be wrong, because I should find out later that I had a perfect view to where the Mikster spent most of the time.

That was the easy part of my report.

More to come when I found the proper words…

Okay, the words don’t come, maybe they don’t exist. ‘Uplifting and heartwarming’ are my favourites so far, I’ll borrow them from the cute TBA swan couple.

I think I’ll leave my personal feelings about that experience in another place and give you the hard facts here.

At about 9:15 PM Mika entered the stage. Before there was the usual Saranayde-angel scene and then he started ‘Relax’.

He wore the fake braces shirt again, he had to, as it was me who had the real silver sequin braces. Real braces, Mika! Thought they might fit my cord hat, so I took them, sorry. The set was the usual one for this tour I think.

He spoke German. Lots. And this was very much appreciated by the audience, the crowd went crazy and it sounded so good. :wub2:

He constantly lost his left in ear monitoring thingie. It didn’t make a difference.

The crowd sang along to each of his songs and he looked as if he couldn’t believe it. He looked so genuinely happy. :original:

What can I say? He radiated pure joy and energy, as usual (I guess).

Martin’s guitar solo to SITM was ace and so was Mikey’s LT solo, it has blown me away. Cherisse was fantastic on the drums AND on the dustbin. So was Mika.

About Sara… I can only say she has a very powerful voice and I liked MM a lot. I couldn’t observe her dominating the performance, maybe they have changed something? Or maybe I was just focused on something else. What she sang matched the rest quite well as far as I could hear. But I also think doing HE more or less alone and not as a duet was a good decision in my book. I loved that version of HE.

I have to say that every single song that was performed tonight was so much better than on the album. And the LICM album is the best – music wise - that has happened to me in a long time.

I’m hoarse and deaf and I’ll get a neck strain for sure. My head is a mess. I want to say so much but I can’t.

Oh and before you ask: no, I didn’t meet him. Not today.

Thanks for the report V_S!! I'm glad you had such a great time!:punk:

Violet! I didn't even know that you were going tonight! If I did, I would've wished you lots of fun, but I can see that you definitely had that! I'm so happy for you and it seems as if you had a great time! :cheerful_h4h:

Thank you for the report!

THank you, violet_sky.....your words are always :wub2: :wub2: .

I'm so glad you went and had an aMAzing time. It makes me very happy.

Thanks for sharing so quickly, I know it must be hard to put it into words, I can only imagine. :blush-anim-cl: And it must be very late (or early??) there toooo????

OH violet_sky, your words are music to our ears!!

Another amazing MIKA experience, and another victim has fallen under the MIKA MAGIC spell.:hypo:

Take your time to digest this all, and we will always be hapy to hear more about it in your own time.

Thanks for thinking of us and posting here!!:wub2:

OMG violet_sky!!! I don't know why I'm so emotional today, but when I read your report it made me cry :crybaby:

Yelle started at 8 PM and funny enough, I totally thought I wouldn’t like her music, but I have to say it seems to work on a stage. I was caught by the rhythm instantly, very bouncy vibe. I liked it. She said a few sentences in her French-flavoured German which was actually cute.

So, tell me, what do you think about the Grand Manrnier, her DJ? Isn't he absolutely gorgeous? :wub2:

OMG, now I so can't wait for the Düsseldorf gig? Did you take any videos? I would love hearing him talking German...so talented with languages! :wink2:

lol...even to How much do you love me?

I really can't wait to see vids from the gig today!

Thank you very much for typing this report late at night!!!!! :thumb_yello:

OH violet_sky, your words are music to our ears!!

Yes, just as Blue Sky says, we really do appreciate hearing your report!

Thanks for taking the trouble to write it! :original:

dcdeb

THank you, violet_sky.....your words are always .

I'm so glad you went and had an aMAzing time. It makes me very happy.

Thanks for sharing so quickly, I know it must be hard to put it into words, I can only imagine. And it must be very late (or early??) there toooo????

Early. :mf_rosetinted: Hard to put it into words? It's actually impossible. :boxed:

OMG violet_sky!!! I don't know why I'm so emotional today, but when I read your report it made me cry

So, tell me, what do you think about the Grand Manrnier, her DJ? Isn't he absolutely gorgeous?

OMG, now I so can't wait for the Düsseldorf gig? Did you take any videos? I would love hearing him talking German...so talented with languages!

lol...even to How much do you love me?

I really can't wait to see vids from the gig today!

Jep the dj is quite handsome....

I have some video snippets but not much where he just speaks, I have to figure out how to upload those things... tomorrow :wink2:

I have also loads of pics. Actually they look as if they could have been taken at any gig :biggrin2: but for me they make a difference, obviously :mf_rosetinted:

Well, there were a few lyrics n00bs in the first rows :sneaky2: looked at me strangely during Holy Johnny, Missionary Man and How much...

Oh, and for sure I didn't want to make you cry!! *blink* So sorry...

Thanks for the report. My Goodness, he speaks German too? Ugh....I can't even get English down and it's my first language. LMAO!! He's just starting to annoy me now. Just kidding....I think he's Brilliant!

He said he had been learning it for three years at school. And I guess he read it- or some of it :naughty: But still...

Oh and I noticed a piece of paper taped on the floor which looked less like a setlist than a note like he had in the swiss gig. But I'm not sure. It was adorable, though.