Mika @ Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, 30-10-2007: REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah? That would be awesome!

And Violet come to London!!!!

Oh yes, I am dying to go to the US!

A Mika gig and an MFC meet up seem like the best excuse ever..

:biggrin2: You only want me to bring my cam :mf_rosetinted:

You and your cam better get your asses to London girl!! You can bring your cameraman too,LOL!:biggrin2:

Hi!=) I have been at the concert in Frankfurt too and I have to say it was simply great! This has been my first Mika concert and I'm impressed! The show was really exciting! Well, at first we had to wait a long long time till the concert began but then everything went absolutely amazing!^-^ Thank god I was in the second row right in front of him so that I was really able to see his gorgeous perfomance! After the concert me and a few people waited at the backdoor for mika to give us a few autographs. But the security guards were really really unfriendly and stupid! At first they said that mika is not at the Jahrhunderthalle anymore, but most of us waited near the exit. And then after standing around there for more than one our in the coldness the security guards said he will come, but we arent allowed to take photos or stuff like that. Surpisingly Mika really came and he talkes to me for a little while(I think it is also recorded because there was a camera man filming everything). It was sooo great! Ive never thought he would be THAT nice in person! He also gave me an autograph and I had the chance to give him a little present =) I'm really happy now!!^-^

Hi!=) I have been at the concert in Frankfurt too and I have to say it was simply great! This has been my first Mika concert and I'm impressed! The show was really exciting! Well, at first we had to wait a long long time till the concert began but then everything went absolutely amazing!^-^ Thank god I was in the second row right in front of him so that I was really able to see his gorgeous perfomance! After the concert me and a few people waited at the backdoor for mika to give us a few autographs. But the security guards were really really unfriendly and stupid! At first they said that mika is not at the Jahrhunderthalle anymore, but most of us waited near the exit. And then after standing around there for more than one our in the coldness the security guards said he will come, but we arent allowed to take photos or stuff like that. Surpisingly Mika really came and he talkes to me for a little while(I think it is also recorded because there was a camera man filming everything). It was sooo great! Ive never thought he would be THAT nice in person! He also gave me an autograph and I had the chance to give him a little present =) I'm really happy now!!^-^

Oh, I hope he will also come out after the gig in DD! :wink2:

I'm happy you had an amazing concert!!! :biggrin2:

Thank you for your report!

I'm happy that after a long battle (stupid security guard :sneaky2:) you finally succeeded with meeting Mica!!!!

Yes he's very very nice. :wub2:

Hi there, I’m back. And you are witnessing a newly minted non-Mika-virgin struggling for words. I don’t know what to say, actually, it was overwhelming.

We arrived at about five thirty (I think?) at the venue and noticed far less people than expected waiting there, which made me quite happy as I had already feared to be banned to the back.

Oh and something different first: Mellody, Ela, Reni, I noticed you there but –shame on me, I was too shy to say hello. Good that Ioana wasn’t shy at all and made my brother and my bf sign the “MFC must get official” petition rightaway, haha. Ioana, you’re such a sweet person, oh and I didn’t even introduce myself but I guess you know that was me. And I truly adore your carrot-reindeer head decoration.

In the queue there were two very cute girls behind us, so nice, they were super excited and asked us ‘Have you seen the Mika before?’ ‘Do you think he’s cute?’ What do you answer to such a question? …’Hm, I think he’s very talented’ LOL :mf_rosetinted:

Okay, I don’t know anymore what time it was when we were finally let in, but we had a good spot in the third row a little right-centered. Perfect, if there hadn’t been that group of hyper little girls next to me – super annoying, but well, I can understand that they were so excited. Good they behaved during the show :naughty:

Mika’s cameraman was around but due to my natural fear of cams I tried to hide. Don’t know if I succeeded, though.

Yelle started at 8 PM and funny enough, I totally thought I wouldn’t like her music, but I have to say it seems to work on a stage. I was caught by the rhythm instantly, very bouncy vibe. I liked it. She said a few sentences in her French-flavoured German which was actually cute. After half an hour she finished her set and we were waiting again… about 45 minutes this time.

Shortly before Mika was due to enter the stage I found myself right behind a supertall woman, seeing practically nothing, but this fear turned out to be wrong, because I should find out later that I had a perfect view to where the Mikster spent most of the time.

That was the easy part of my report.

More to come when I found the proper words…

Okay, the words don’t come, maybe they don’t exist. ‘Uplifting and heartwarming’ are my favourites so far, I’ll borrow them from the cute TBA swan couple.

I think I’ll leave my personal feelings about that experience in another place and give you the hard facts here.

At about 9:15 PM Mika entered the stage. Before there was the usual Saranayde-angel scene and then he started ‘Relax’.

He wore the fake braces shirt again, he had to, as it was me who had the real silver sequin braces. Real braces, Mika! Thought they might fit my cord hat, so I took them, sorry. The set was the usual one for this tour I think.

He spoke German. Lots. And this was very much appreciated by the audience, the crowd went crazy and it sounded so good. :wub2:

He constantly lost his left in ear monitoring thingie. It didn’t make a difference.

The crowd sang along to each of his songs and he looked as if he couldn’t believe it. He looked so genuinely happy. :original:

What can I say? He radiated pure joy and energy, as usual (I guess).

Martin’s guitar solo to SITM was ace and so was Mikey’s LT solo, it has blown me away. Cherisse was fantastic on the drums AND on the dustbin. So was Mika. Luke did a great job as always, I wish they'd move him a little more into the foreground ;o)

About Sara… I can only say she has a very powerful voice and I liked MM a lot. I couldn’t observe her dominating the performance, maybe they have changed something? Or maybe I was just focused on something else. What she sang matched the rest quite well as far as I could hear. But I also think doing HE more or less alone and not as a duet was a good decision in my book. I loved that version of HE.

I have to say that every single song that was performed tonight was so much better than on the album. And the LICM album is the best – music wise - that has happened to me in a long time.

I’m hoarse and deaf and I’ll get a neck strain for sure. My head is a mess. I want to say so much but I can’t.

Oh and before you ask: no, I didn’t meet him. Not today.

Thanks for keeping us updated with MIKA. I mentioned a new version of HE and other songs?

Unfortunately, I have not seen it yet :shocked: . Do you by any chance have a video?

Thanks for keeping us updated with MIKA. I mentioned a new version of HE and other songs?

Unfortunately, I have not seen it yet :shocked: . Do you by any chance have a video?

Oh by 'new version of HE' I just meant that it is now not a duet anymore, he does it more or less alone, Sara doesn't come with him to the front of the stage but stays in the back...

*aww, nostalgic moment*

Unfortunately I don't have a video of that one.

hi guys! :biggrin2: finally back home... it was horror on the street today, we left heidelberg (where we stayed the night at the place of a friend of ioana) around noon and went from one traffic jam into the next, it took us 6,5 hours for 350 kilometres!

greetings from ioana to all of you, she said she won't come online tonight, probably only when she's back in romania at the weekend. anyway, we had a brilliant time yesterday! ioana got mika's spit in her face, lol! :roftl: she's now scared that she might have caught his cold. :naughty:

will type a report and upload pix+videos later tonight.

Glad you had fun!!!!:thumb_yello:

Hi!=) Surpisingly Mika really came and he talkes to me for a little while(I think it is also recorded because there was a camera man filming everything). It was sooo great! Ive never thought he would be THAT nice in person! He also gave me an autograph and I had the chance to give him a little present =) I'm really happy now!!^-^

So glad you have a great time at the concert -- and that you got

to meet Mika afterward! (What did you give him, if I might ask? Just

nosy!) :biggrin2:

hi guys! :biggrin2: finally back home... it was horror on the street today, we left heidelberg (where we stayed the night at the place of a friend of ioana) around noon and went from one traffic jam into the next, it took us 6,5 hours for 350 kilometres!

greetings from ioana to all of you, she said she won't come online tonight, probably only when she's back in romania at the weekend. anyway, we had a brilliant time yesterday! ioana got mika's spit in her face, lol! :roftl: she's now scared that she might have caught his cold. :naughty:

Can't wait to read it Mellody! Glad you had a good time and that you

made it back safely! :)

dcdeb

Thanks for your report! Glad you had the chance to talk to him!

Poor Ioana :mf_rosetinted: I'll wait patiently for your report/pix/vid!

Ha Mellody! I heard you guys took nice pics! :punk:

And I am getting very curious to hear Joannas story about Spitting Mika! :biggrin2: