Mika Vs Mika Vs Mika the scandal continues

RosinaKiwi

ok so by now we all know of the Belgian reggae star "Mika" who threatened our Uk pop star Mika with a lawsuit over rights to the name "Mika"

and now our local gay Maori artist "Mika" has also revealed a legal battle to use his name!

check the scandal here: 'Mika' times three - What's in a name? :boxed:

My question...who will come up trumps. and which one will win rights to the name mika and who will have to change their name?

what have any of them got to do with eachother, apart from their name which 2 of them claim to have registered as theirs, there is nothing really alike between a Belgian reggae star, a flamboyent gay maori artist and mr penniman, the uk based pop artist.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: Agh not again!

But I love this bit:

"I don't think we are really that similar to someone who sings songs about Grace Kelly in a high woman's voice in tight white pants"

Miaoww!!!!!! :naughty:

Well no-one is like Mika. We know that!!!

I'm guessing that NZ Mika is jealous that UK Mika looks better in tight white pants and singing in a high woman's voice than he does... :mf_rosetinted:

I think MIKA will win over the Belgian one and Maori one...

yeah, i think so too, especially after the comment about the white pants

Grrr... this really gets on my nerves because it's sooooo obvious that these people are just looking for easy money and visibility...

But well, let's face it, even if he has to add Penniman somewhere on the Cd sleeves, in the end of the day, he'll still be MIKA :wub2: and these people will still be... well... eeer... themselves :sleep_1:

(Can't believe I managed to put this politely, if not nicely :naughty: )

Okay, I have read this twice and it seems (to me, correct me if I'm wrong) that NZ mika was already dealing with Mika's people on this.

At one point, Mika's lawyers even suggested the UK pop star's stage name could be changed to 'Mica'.....

....they've agreed that it's fine for me to keep using my name

And has only recently gone to the press due to the Belgian Mika. So it seems to me, that he handled it differently, or less publicaly (until now at least)

OH MY DAYS!!!!

I was thinking about this the other day and i KNEW, literally, KNNNEEEEEEW there'd be a third person!!

AND YOU KNOW WHAT MORE???

I also KNEEEEEW that he and Sophie would argue about theirs being registered and Mika being unneccessarily stuck in the middle!

hahaha. I think the lyrics "I look at you, you look at me we bite each other" would be used appropriately here.

Muahhahhahaa! I hope that these two little known Mikas will end up fighting with each other and totally forget our Mika's existence. :fisch::lmao:

I hope it takes place in a mosh pit, is televised, and commentated by our Mika :bleh: or Terry Wogan.

:biggrin2:

U gotta be kidding *slaps forehead*

"I understand completely where the Belgian singer's coming from, except she's a Belgian reggae music star, I'm a gay Maori artist. I don't think we are really that similar to someone who sings songs about Grace Kelly in a high woman's voice in tight white pants," - :roftl:

umm duh! Lebanese/UK Mika is better :naughty:

OK another thing, like Caz, i don't understand how the Kiwi Mika and the Belgian Mika both "legalized" their name or copyrighted it or whatever...so why can't our Mika just do the same or just let him be :blink: jeez, the things some ppl do for money and attention. Maybe they should write a song bout it...that might get them more publicity :naughty: ok i'm being mean, so i should go lol.

but before i go....

12-2.jpg

mika.jpg

LOL so i was searching for her pics (and wow what a surprize i'm not finding any:blink: ) and i came across this article http://www.andhranews.net/Entertainment/2007/September/19-Mika-sued-over-16184.asp

i find this rather interesting - "The Belgian Mika has released five albums so far, yet she is not much famed, even in her own country."

and i now ask...are they serious?!?!?! It's obvious who should "win" although this is not neccessary....i honestly don't see the big deal, but if they are making it out to be more than it should be....well i rest my case.

lol. facts:

belgium mika-

-located: uh, Belgium

-famous for: not actually famous

-releases: five albums, sold for £2 on her website.

misc:

-no-one actually knows her, even in her home country

Maori mika-

-located: New Zealand (i think thats what NZ stands for anyway :roftl:)

-famous for: isn't really famous either

-occupation: said he was in a few shows. and tours. Sometimes in England. Still, no-one actually really knows who this guy is either and everyone knows MICA doesn't do these kind of shows.

MIKA-

-located: London, England

-famous for: Hit single "Grace Kelly" which charted at UK's #1 including his -debut album "Life in Cartoon Motion".

-releases: one album so far, which went to #1 and four top ten singles.

misc:

-has toured around the world with sell-out shows.

:blink:

lol. facts:

belgium mika-

-located: uh, Belgium

-famous for: not actually famous

-releases: five albums, sold for £2 on her website.

misc:

-no-one actually knows her, even in her home country

Maori mika-

-located: New Zealand (i think thats what NZ stands for anyway :roftl:)

-famous for: isn't really famous either

-occupation: said he was in a few shows. and tours. Sometimes in England. Still, no-one actually really knows who this guy is either and everyone knows MICA doesn't do these kind of shows.

MIKA-

-located: London, England

-famous for: Hit single "Grace Kelly" which charted at UK's #1 including his -debut album "Life in Cartoon Motion".

-releases: one album so far, which went to #1 and four top ten singles.

misc:

-has toured around the world with sell-out shows.

:blink:

Woah...! Don't forget the four awards he scooped the other night... I'm talking about the talented Mr. Penniman of course. But here are some suggestions for practrical uses for Belgium Bitch, and Maori Idiot's CDs if we find them in a bin somewhere.

They could be hung on wires and used as Sun Catchers

They could be photographed against a dark background, and the pictures sold to the papers as UFO sightings.

They could be used as frisbies.

If you were stranded on a desert island, they could be used as mirrors, to start fires, or signal passing ships (that is if you could tear yourselves away from listening to your 6 Mika Penniman songs)

You could show those two Mikas, their own reflctions. They would both turn to stone and leave our Mika alone!

We could shove the CDs sideways up their arses, after all, if they want to be Mika, they need to learn to sing some high notes. Shoving their CDs up their arses might just do it.... Then again... Maybe not.

Love today, from Marilyn