Mika Vs Mika Vs Mika the scandal continues

RosinaKiwi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Err.. is it that big of deal???

Like does anyone even know who the other two Mikas are??

What do you guys think he would change his name to, if he did end up doing it? (Which I doubt he will.. :thumbdown: )

well, mika's really stubborn, and i don't think he would give up his name that easily. but, i think that if he would change his name he'd probably change is back to his real name, Mica.

well, mika's really stubborn, and i don't think he would give up his name that easily. but, i think that if he would change his name he'd probably change is back to his real name, Mica.

I like the spelling of Mica better, but I'd hate to hear his name wrong all time. I don't think he will give up either though.:thumb_yello:

I like the spelling of Mica better, but I'd hate to hear his name wrong all time. I don't think he will give up either though.:thumb_yello:

yeah, i know people who still pronounce his name as Mike-ah. and it gets on my nerves. haha. but, i've learned to deal with it. yeah i like that spelling too. :biggrin2:

to BabyBlue:

I understand that statement I reported was stereotypical. In my little summary, I wasn't being entirely serious. I created paragraphs and paragraphs with information and my own opinion, and so when I summarised I wanted to kick back a little bit, and try to make this thread as light-hearted as I could. I don't want this thread to become angry, although plenty of us here are frustrated.

As for the double registering, I think the reason it's allowed is because Sophie is in BELGIUM, and Maori is in NEW ZEALAND. They are both in different countries and therefore don't affect each other.

Mika could probably register his name too, but that rule would only lie within the UK. It would NOT apply in Belgium, because SOPHIE is the one who registered MIKA in BELGIUM, and therefore Mica does not have the right to use it.

I don't like it, you won't like it, but it's a fact that we must accept.

Mica is in the wrong.

I don't like Sophie's reasons for doing it, in fact I just don't like her all together, but if she registered the name first fair and square, then she's right.

Face it. If YOU registered your name in the UK (say you were a big multi-national star with a funky name) and someone else comes along with the same name, wouldn't YOU have something to say about it?

to BabyBlue:

I understand that statement I reported was stereotypical. In my little summary, I wasn't being entirely serious. I created paragraphs and paragraphs with information and my own opinion, and so when I summarised I wanted to kick back a little bit, and try to make this thread as light-hearted as I could. I don't want this thread to become angry, although plenty of us here are frustrated.

As for the double registering, I think the reason it's allowed is because Sophie is in BELGIUM, and Maori is in NEW ZEALAND. They are both in different countries and therefore don't affect each other.

Mika could probably register his name too, but that rule would only lie within the UK. It would NOT apply in Belgium, because SOPHIE is the one who registered MIKA in BELGIUM, and therefore Mica does not have the right to use it.

I don't like it, you won't like it, but it's a fact that we must accept.

Mica is in the wrong.

I don't like Sophie's reasons for doing it, in fact I just don't like her all together, but if she registered the name first fair and square, then she's right.

Face it. If YOU registered your name in the UK (say you were a big multi-national star with a funky name) and someone else comes along with the same name, wouldn't YOU have something to say about it?

Ok I can understand that, but If she registered it only in Belgium and she wants to be an international artist she makes it difficult for her self.

If she can do this to Mika P. he can register his name in the UK and than she will never be able to preform in the UK.:naughty:

That would make her happy,I don't think so.

I can understand her frustration but she isn't fighting Mika any more but Forest National to cancel the gig in Belgium.

I know that's not a very good point but I feel pickt on because I think for Mika it doesn't matter that much if he can't perform in Belgium(it's such a small country)but we Belgium fans are punished for it by her.

He's never been in Belgium you know,he canceled Belgium before.

I'm from Belgium and I and everyone I asked about it have never heart about her(2nd time;Its a very small country, so if she only was just a little bit successful we Belgians should have know her before.

I heard on the forum from an other Belgian that she's on the radio now over here. So now she's making success thanks to Mika P.

What is she complaining about!!!!!!!!

It's a pity that she's making such a big deal of this... She wants to get attention out of our Mikster's success. But, sorry guys, she has the most rights to do this... Please, I really love Mika and I really hate that Belgian b!tch, but in fact she had the name first and...

Let's turn the roles over: what if the Mikster had registrated his name before the Belgian Mika did? Does the Belgian Mika get the most rights to deserve the name? Or is it just because we all love the Mikster, that he may keep his name? What I'm trying to say is: she got it first, so she has the most rights to use the name Mika. Sadly enough.

I'm not trying to make Mika losing this 'match', but I'm just saying my opinion. She was the first one, so she has the most rights to keep it. If our Mika was the first one, we would also say that our Mika has the most rights. Just because we love him. But we have to become a little bit more realistic...

I'm still hoping on a losing Belgian Mika, but I don't know if that will happen. And if she wins; she will be hated by very much Mika fans (with how much are we?); she'll be ignored by much people, she might get hatemails, etc. And if our Mika changes his name in something else, he still stays the Mika in our hearts.. for ever.

It's a pity that she's making such a big deal of this... She wants to get attention out of our Mikster's success. But, sorry guys, she has the most rights to do this... Please, I really love Mika and I really hate that Belgian b!tch, but in fact she had the name first and...

Let's turn the roles over: what if the Mikster had registrated his name before the Belgian Mika did? Does the Belgian Mika get the most rights to deserve the name? Or is it just because we all love the Mikster, that he may keep his name? What I'm trying to say is: she got it first, so she has the most rights to use the name Mika. Sadly enough.

I'm not trying to make Mika losing this 'match', but I'm just saying my opinion. She was the first one, so she has the most rights to keep it. If our Mika was the first one, we would also say that our Mika has the most rights. Just because we love him. But we have to become a little bit more realistic...

I'm still hoping on a losing Belgian Mika, but I don't know if that will happen. And if she wins; she will be hated by very much Mika fans (with how much are we?); she'll be ignored by much people, she might get hatemails, etc. And if our Mika changes his name in something else, he still stays the Mika in our hearts.. for ever.

Yes you are right but it's not about the name change anymore,

(probably she couldn't let him change his name)

She said that she has problems over our Mika's name right now

and he hasn't been in Belgium yet.

So canceling the big M's gig in Belgium wouldnt change anything for her.

Now it's only revenge or money.

I think she will win on Court thow.

But courtcases in Belgium take a long time and the gig is next week so she will be to late with it, I hoop.

On the other hand I think Mika P. is a bit stubborn because he could changes his name only in Belgium and the problem wouldn't exist anymore.

It was her name first after all.

this is so unneccessarily complicated.

Mica changed his name to MIKA.

Why? Pronounciation problems.

Sophie changed her name to MIKA.

Why? Because there's a "MICHA" spelling in her last name, which is pronounced "MIKA".

Mica lives in London, England, and so he can keep his stage name in the UK and around the globe, apart from Belgium.

Sophie lives in Belgium and should therefore not ask Mica to change his name altogether everywhere he tours. If she is totally serious about it - which she apparently is - then she should only ask him to change his name when he visits Belgium.

But why change the name?

Despite her, er, "efforts", Sophie is still struggling up the popstar ladder with singles and albums that have flopped (why her record label hasn't dropped her yet is beyond me).

Because she is the one who releases her own albums. There's no record company behind her so she has no money basically. And THAT'S exactly where this thing is about money and 5 minutes fame!

I seriously think it will just become Mika penniman....

no big deal at all

Nah, I think it will be Mica, he's famous around the globe now. People won't pronounce it wrong anymore. I think the name change will only be in Belgian and perhaps in NZ, unless more Mika's pop up:blink:

no offence why should he change his name????

come on IT;S A NAME !!!!

hmmm "maybe i will haev to change my name since there is already four emma's on my ward at work"

any suggetions???

staff nurse gerkin protud hague ???????

come on peeps!:biggrin2:

come on IT;S A NAME !!!!

hmmm "maybe i will haev to change my name since there is already four emma's on my ward at work"

any suggetions???

Well, IF the Belgian woman does win he has to change his name. A while back there was this band called Busted they scored a hit with year 3000. BUT in the Netherlands here there was already a (unknown) band called Busted and they had to change their name to Bust here. It was only for the Netherlands though. It's not a big deal if he has to change the name. Just the way she's doing it gets on my nerve. I emailed her a while back and she said she was struggling for the name. She also assured me that the gig in Belgium would be safe. A month later I read that she wants to stop the gig again. That's why I rather want to throw a brick to her head because she's talking against herself.

Her front name is MIKA, she registered/copyrighted it BEFORE Mica did (in the 1980's actually, so either before he was born or when he was a baby), and therefore has a right to keep it.

Not necessarily. I'm sure that affords her some means of protection in terms of keeping and continuing to perform under that name. As in, our Mika would be hard pressed to win a battle to get her to change her name.

However - and I admit I'm no global copyright lawyer - I doubt that name "registered" in Belgium has any legal clout in other jurisdictions. She might have some legal backing to KEEP her name, but I highly doubt she (or the NZ Mika) will be able to get ours to CHANGE his name.

Besides, like I said in the first thread about Belgian Mika, it's all about general public perception - and aside from the small following that these artists might have, most people associate the name "Mika" with our Mika - even people who might not necessarily count themselves as fans. In every day colloquial speech, he's basically taken over that name. Meaning that there really is no contest here.

I don't see her problem, really..:blink:

First of all, thanks to "our" Mika, people may by accident find her too..:doh:

And.. mixing them up??:shocked:

Hellooohooo.. as far as I could see, "our" Mika is really not female..:fisch:

So.. let our boy be our boy and let her just...ehm... try to finally sell an album..:naughty:

come on IT;S A NAME !!!!

any suggetions???

It's not just a name it's an artist name.and that's almost the same as a brand.

If there were 2 or more 50 cents or 2 madonnas or avrills or celine dions or what ever it would be very confusion.

This artists are like factory's and the name of this factory is the artist's name.

Oh no, what am I saing. I still don't like it do

Ok I can understand that, but If she registered it only in Belgium and she wants to be an international artist she makes it difficult for her self.

If she can do this to Mika P. he can register his name in the UK and than she will never be able to preform in the UK.:naughty:

That would make her happy,I don't think so.

I can understand her frustration but she isn't fighting Mika any more but Forest National to cancel the gig in Belgium.

I know that's not a very good point but I feel pickt on because I think for Mika it doesn't matter that much if he can't perform in Belgium(it's such a small country)but we Belgium fans are punished for it by her.

He's never been in Belgium you know,he canceled Belgium before.

I'm from Belgium and I and everyone I asked about it have never heart about her(2nd time;Its a very small country, so if she only was just a little bit successful we Belgians should have know her before.

I heard on the forum from an other Belgian that she's on the radio now over here. So now she's making success thanks to Mika P.

What is she complaining about!!!!!!!!

I think I get what you mean. Are you referencing to an old quote that said she would cancel his Vorst gig if he didn't comply?

In which case I think that is wrong.

There, she is being completely selfish and yes, childish. I understand that she wants to be taken seriously but she has to consider other people. What about MICA'S fans who have PAID for their tickets and have waited MONTHS for him to perform?

Mica CAN still perform there...just not under the name "MIKA".

Not necessarily. I'm sure that affords her some means of protection in terms of keeping and continuing to perform under that name. As in, our Mika would be hard pressed to win a battle to get her to change her name.

However - and I admit I'm no global copyright lawyer - I doubt that name "registered" in Belgium has any legal clout in other jurisdictions. She might have some legal backing to KEEP her name, but I highly doubt she (or the NZ Mika) will be able to get ours to CHANGE his name.

Besides, like I said in the first thread about Belgian Mika, it's all about general public perception - and aside from the small following that these artists might have, most people associate the name "Mika" with our Mika - even people who might not necessarily count themselves as fans. In every day colloquial speech, he's basically taken over that name. Meaning that there really is no contest here.

I completely agree with your last post. Whenever someone says the name MIKA everyone thinks "Grace Kelly" (the song, obv...).

I'm no global copyright lawyer either, but I think, in the simpliest sense, it's a matter of finders keepers. As far as I am aware, Mica has not registered his name. Sophie has registered MIKA but only in Belgium (again, as far as I know), so therefore Mica will only have to change his name when in Belgium, regardless of whether Sophie is famous or not. Obviously we shall just have to see where the lawyers take this, but since she got there first in registering the name then she has something to complain about, unfortunately.

personally I dont see new zealand mika making a big fuss if our mika comes to do a show here, because nz mikas name mika is usually followed by Haka or "queen of the cabaret"

I wish people had better things to do than fight over a name, Its like the crocodile hunter (Steve Irwin) who wouldn't allow other crocodile hunters to use the name of their trade because he had registered it.....ITS JUST A NAME!