Article about mika in THE SUN - Mika vs Boyzone

racha

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another thread about this, but basically, everyone, get onto the Sun site. I have posted a comment on the actual story, and have a thread there about Mika which I started last week, when no one mentioned his awesome performance at the awards. My thread, ironically, is called "Why Are Our Media Ignoring Mika". The comment I put on the actual story, says that they need to get Mika's side of things. This proves he's not in it for the money or some extra fame, but I think we all need to know what really happened, because we know Mika isn't spiteful. Why would he give a song away, and then take it back? There must be more to it. There has to be.

Love today, from Marilyn

Mika’s snub is a setback. But When All Is Said And Done, I’m sure the comeback will be a hit."

well, he KNOWS how to write a song.. even if they twist it hopelessly, it'll still be mika quality. :mf_rosetinted: so you bet it'll be a hit.

I agree!

I think the media is not supporting the positives. His performance was outstanding in the EMAs compared to the winners and yet very few reviews included any feedback other than the word "flanboyant"

the latest article Mika vs Boyzone is interesting... even if he decided to withdraw the song, it sounds he did it for creative reasons - the only downfall is calling them "cheesy" cause I am sure they have their own fan club and support.

I think Mika should also do more interviews and get in touch with the press. Relying on his performances (which are outstanding) is not enough.. His PR team need to work harder. I think his fans are doing a better job at spreading his positives

My son told me that, the other day, the Sun mentioned The World Music Awards. They printed a picture of Rhianna and said that she had been at the awards.

Oh what big news. There wasn't any bigger news for British viewers to find out about, was there!?

Of course, today, Mika IS big news, because they have something negative to say about him! It is disgusting. It's one sided, and it's hateful. The picture they have printed of Mika looks terrible, but was probably taken when he was ill. The picture or Ronan, however, is smiling happily. Unless it's just wind.

Love today, from Marilyn

My son told me that, the other day, the Sun mentioned The World Music Awards. They printed a picture of Rhianna and said that she had been at the awards.

Oh what big news. There wasn't any bigger news for British viewers to find out about, was there!?

Of course, today, Mika IS big news, because they have something negative to say about him! It is disgusting. It's one sided, and it's hateful. The picture they have printed of Mika looks terrible, but was probably taken when he was ill. The picture or Ronan, however, is smiling happily. Unless it's just wind.

Love today, from Marilyn

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Yes they have printed the pic of Mika where he looks as if he's got a black eye!!!

I'm surprised there isn't a caption underneath saying "The flamboyant Mika, after being punched in the face by an irate Ronan Keating"

:sneaky2:

Love today, from Marilyn

I was watching E!News the other day, who did a report on the World Music awards now normally they would focus on the big winners, those who sweep the board. But who did they talk about? Rhianna and Avril Lavigne, who only won two each!

Where was Mika, who won FOUR! I tell you they do not seem to like him in the US or in the media, it would seem.

Is it because he has principals and stands behind his work and doesn't want to compromise his music for anyone, not for the record company (over Billy Brown) or for other artists (this latest situation) ?

We know the tabloids over here seem to love having a pop at him, it seems to becoming a national pastime with them. He never bites, but doesn't defend himself either, which kind of worries me as this leaves him wide open to every nasty piece of work imaginable to also jump in and have a go.

Sorry about rambling, I just worry that he doesn't get to have his say in all these things. Maybe he chooses not to, maybe he doesn't care what they say, his decision I guess.

:roftl:

Yes they have printed the pic of Mika where he looks as if he's got a black eye!!!

I'm surprised there isn't a caption underneath saying "The flamboyant Mika, after being punched in the face by an irate Ronan Keating"

:sneaky2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

her's an idea boyzone . why dnt you try pen your own song and get over it!!!

mika has the rights to his song.

stop crying over it and try something else like eariy retirement

sorry just read the article and the not so nice dicussions about mika at the sun !!!! one has to protect and look after our lad!!!!!

The only thing I have to say is "consider the source."

I mean, how many items have run in the Sun about Mika that

*haven't* been true... or have been distortions of the truth?

Weren't they the ones who said Mika pulled out of supporting

Take That on their tour all those months ago? And when Mika

was asked about it, he said as far as he knew he was never

meant to tour with them... :blink:

I take it all with a grain of salt until I hear something

more official from Mika's own mouth...

dcdeb

her's an idea boyzone . why dnt you try pen your own song and get over it!!!

mika has the rights to his song.

stop crying over it and try something else like eariy retirement

sorry just read the article and the not so nice dicussions about mika at the sun !!!! one has to protect and look after our lad!!!!!

The more people get onto the discussions in The Sun, the better. They need to know as well, how angry we are that they didn't mention all those awards. I have had my say already.

Love today, from Marilyn

I'd like to know why they are even still calling themselves Boyzone.

Shouldn't it be

Mid-Life-Crisis-zone

By now?

Love today, from Marilyn

:roftl:

Indeed!!

Or maybe even Talent-Free-Zone!!

Sorry, cheap shot. I hope no Boyzone fans are reading :mf_rosetinted: