Opinions about the DVD "Live in Cartoon Motion"

stien

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Happy Ending but they aren't giving any credit to the rest of the live show which was actually much better than I expected given that he'd been sick for months. His vocals on Relax and Love Today are stronger than the album.

I bought it today as i am in a very bad mood

I know it can defo cheer me up ! :biggrin2:

there's normal dvd size and book size which cost HK$90 and HK$92 respectively in the cd store

(it's about US$11.56 and US$11.81 respectively, it's cheaper than what i expect!)

while both of them have a deluxe edition sticker on the front but i think they are same inside

(the sticker will be thrown away anyway, so it's not important...)

then, i picked up the book version

i opened it at once after rushing home ....

i only watched the beginning of every songs at the concert and then i moved on to the documentary

(i would watch the concert part later when nobody's at home so that i can turn to the highest volume...and i can jump :naughty: )

haha, why he always mention Lily Allen?

Actually i have the same idea, i think no one doing gigs like him, using full throttle all the times and all the songs

but hey, the songs are composed by yourself, who can be blamed then???:bleh:

and i love his interview , even though many things that he already said before, but i just love hearing he say again , again and again........

also, i love Everybody's talking the most, which i never pay any attention to this cover!!

it's prefect with his voice, piano and the "quiet" atmosphere

his first show up on jools holland....which makes me laugh, his hair, and his naivety on his face before everything's happened

I can see his mum and sisters being there are so proud of him seeing everybody's cheering !!!

and one more thing, he should try to get rid of

"sick -> can't sleep -> take medicine -> doing gig -> ....loop..."

your voice is your capital, dun overuse it....as u can!!!:mf_rosetinted:

I can see his mum and sisters being there are so proud of him seeing everybody's cheering !!!

QUOTE]

Who are his mom and sister?? where are they sitting???

Christine he's really using his high pitched voice more than usual during the french concert. But I so agree with you that he rushes his own acousting songs but Everybody's Talking is just PERFECT!!!! He also already told what Instant Martyr is about, I saw that on youtube. The part about Lilly Allen is funny an so true!!!

So when was this concert in France??

Hmm. My local paper. What a rubbish review. And unfair I think.

Leo Sayer :sneaky2: Lord give me strength!!!!!

And the age-old Scissor Sisters thing. Stereotyping Mika fans again!! Sheesh.

I'd like to invite Mr. Meads to the Apollo with me on Monday, see if 'curly' (:sneaky2: patronising git) can change his mind. :biggrin2:

Who are his mom and sister?? where are they sitting???

So when was this concert in France??

The concert was June 30th.

2033942829_ab53d00f10_o.jpg

His mom is right behind the microphone. Yasmine is sitting next to her and Paloma is next to Yasmine on the right.

There was a comparison of Mika to Michael Hutchence here yesterday.

I hope we can put on videos of other people (if not, mods will delete). But I see a real comparison to that same indefinable magic on stage.

Can't explain it, but it makes you feel like "wha?????"

Plus, this is anyother curlytop who likes to wear white. :original:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCYoPsnj_Q

Plus, this is anyother curlytop who likes to wear white. :original:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCYoPsnj_Q

How about these tartan trousers?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sWI9fuwj5eM

I wish Mika would wear his hair like the video you posted. I don't care if it's 15 years out of fashion. I love it!

Hmm. My local paper. What a rubbish review. And unfair I think.

Leo Sayer :sneaky2: Lord give me strength!!!!!

And the age-old Scissor Sisters thing. Stereotyping Mika fans again!! Sheesh.

I'd like to invite Mr. Meads to the Apollo with me on Monday, see if 'curly' (:sneaky2: patronising git) can change his mind. :biggrin2:

I read it too! What a load of ****!

You should invite him!

I read it too! What a load of ****!

You should invite him!

I bet he's already going - secret closet fan, there are loads of them you know. :naughty:

I'm annoyed because this is the only review of the DVD my husband is likely to read and now he's gonna think, oh it's rubbish, I won't buy that for Rachel then for Christmas after all.

:sneaky2: I think the time for hinting is over, I need to buy it for myself!!!

I bet he's already going - secret closet fan, there are loads of them you know. :naughty:

I'm annoyed because this is the only review of the DVD my husband is likely to read and now he's gonna think, oh it's rubbish, I won't buy that for Rachel then for Christmas after all.

:sneaky2: I think the time for hinting is over, I need to buy it for myself!!!

I think you should! Christmas might be too long to wait!

It only makes me wonder about the future. Sometimes it even scares me, his success has been so fast. I know he always says 'it's an overnight success eleven years in the making' But I think the way he lives has changed dramatically. No, I say that wrong: his environment has changed dramatically. We can only hope that

a. his voice will cope

b. his songwriting will grow better and better

c. he never gets used to fame (and stays as down to earth as he is now)

d. he never loses his untempting enthousiasm on stage, cause it gives you chills...

I couldn’t agree more. Of course he’s voice just have to cope, there’s just no alternative. :shocked: But I so hope he will stay unspoiled and naïve, wonderfully childish playful with a deeper meaning to everything he does. I just pray for him to never change. Grow, but not change, if it makes any sense at all.

FINALLY GOT MY DVD :punk::mf_lustslow:

He is soooo cute !!!! there are a lot of *beeps* in it I want to know what they mean :naughty:

1. What's the band called *beeb*

2. No not cheese you *beeb* spray on the GLITTER :biggrin2: (loved when he said that haha :roftl:

there are much more but can't remember them :wink2:

How many MFC members can we see in the DVD ??? :wub2:

Thanks for that!!!!

In the documentary he says that he goes out until 4 o'clock with his mates and if he would do that now that would be suicide. And then he says: "I mean I do it which is ................ "

What does he say in the end???

I don't remember the exact wording, but he says something that means that he does it but secretly, under the radar of the press.

Okay, so I watched it, and besides loving it more than anything, that documentary made me sad. It gave me "a feeling" and I'm not sure what it is.

I really don't know why, but something made me feel really sad for Mika. It seemed like throughout the whole thing, he was covering up his tiredness with a smile. He'd talk about how tiring it was, and then add in an offhanded "...but it's fun!" I don't believe him. I believe that some things about it are fun, but I really do feel sorry for him in a way. He is brilliant, amazing, talented, but it looks like he's having a hard time being on the road. That documentary really made me feel for him. It gave me a sense of Mica Penniman, and not just smiley, happy, crazy Mika.

Some of my favorite parts:

1) "I go to the toilet a thousand times before every gig because I drink so much water" *is spilling water everywhere*

2) "I want that bunny suit...THAT one, not that...OTHER bunny suit."

3) "It's fun. We get this hand cream, and we...spread it all over our faces. It's boring."

4) "It's called 'Ozzy is a Gay Boy.' *sings Pour Some Sugar on Me*

5) "I walked over the city picking up your limbs." *uncontrolable laughter*

6) "...and I'm getting BITCHY!"

7) "...like Michael Jackson on acid! THAT would be SCARY!"