Opinions about the DVD "Live in Cartoon Motion"

stien

I've bought the dvd today and I'm soooooo happy! :D It's even better than I expected! I really like the idea of the book and when I opened it and saw the pic... I just thought "wow, this is awesome!" I really like the photos, especially the first one, the one where he puts his jacket on and the last one with the green trousers :)

And the documentary... Mika is so sweet! :D

Oh, I almost forgot the gig: AMAZING :D

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum said it sucked but she doesn't know anything since she dislikes the Mikster. I made her sit down on the chair and watch it. I said: "Look mum, let's see Love Today" and my mother: "No not that song!" And I was jumping around being my normal self and my mother suddenly saw Mikey and said: "What is that old man doing on stage?" I was totally shocked and exclaimed: "Mum! That's MIKEY!" And she just shrugged. And I showed her the HE video and she said: "Why does he like balloons so much? Gosh he's not a child is he?" And I just had to smile and say: "He kinda is" And then I watched his version of Everybody's talking and she said that if he ever went to X-factor with that song he wouldn't make it to the next round. I thought she was going nuts. How could someone refuse THAT voice!

But her opinion doesn't count. After all she doesn't like him at all. I tortured her by playing Lollipop, her least favorite song a couple of times.:naughty:

Oh and I actually do think Mika and Mikey have to go to X-factor dressed up. That would be a great idea, I'd like to see Cowell's face when they take the heads off:biggrin2:

I forced my mom to watch it last night aswell - concert + documentary hahaha. For the most part she liked it, but she didn't like "Holy Johnny" :sneaky2:

I think she fell asleep during the documentary haha

Okay, so I watched it, and besides loving it more than anything, that documentary made me sad. It gave me "a feeling" and I'm not sure what it is.

I really don't know why, but something made me feel really sad for Mika. It seemed like throughout the whole thing, he was covering up his tiredness with a smile. He'd talk about how tiring it was, and then add in an offhanded "...but it's fun!" I don't believe him. I believe that some things about it are fun, but I really do feel sorry for him in a way. He is brilliant, amazing, talented, but it looks like he's having a hard time being on the road. That documentary really made me feel for him. It gave me a sense of Mica Penniman, and not just smiley, happy, crazy Mika.

Some of my favorite parts:

1) "I go to the toilet a thousand times before every gig because I drink so much water" *is spilling water everywhere*

2) "I want that bunny suit...THAT one, not that...OTHER bunny suit."

3) "It's fun. We get this hand cream, and we...spread it all over our faces. It's boring."

4) "It's called 'Ozzy is a Gay Boy.' *sings Pour Some Sugar on Me*

5) "I walked over the city picking up your limbs." *uncontrolable laughter*

6) "...and I'm getting BITCHY!"

7) "...like Michael Jackson on acid! THAT would be SCARY!"

I thought the same !!

And these are also my favourite parts and two more

8) Spray on the....cheese?? NO not the cheese you *beeb* SPRAY ON THE GLITTER

9) You have a very expensive camera in your hands :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I forced my mom to watch it last night aswell - concert + documentary hahaha. For the most part she liked it, but she didn't like "Holy Johnny" :sneaky2:

I think she fell asleep during the documentary haha

tsss Mothers, we should lock them up far away when we're having a Mika Moment to avoid annoying complaints:naughty:

...I made hubby drive 40miles that night to find a replacement for me - OOOps how to annoy a hubby very easily!!!LOL

Me and my dvd will be heading for Birmingham to get autographed (the DVD not me obviously!!.... actually I can think of a few places I would mind being signed but let stop this now for the sake of decency eh!!?)

Cathi XX

:roftl: :roftl: Naughty mommy, annoying wife. *sounds like me* :naughty:

Okay, so some random bits.

I just now got around to watching the music videos, and I noticed that in the GK vid, all of the "The last time we talked, Mr. Smith, you reduced me to tears..." etc talking is silent. Everything else is fine, the background music plays, but it's like all of the speaking parts were omitted for some reason.

Has anyone here seen A Hard Day's Night with The Beatles? I was watching the part where Mika, Mikey and Cherisse were walking around, and I'm wondering if they were spoofing AHDN when they were talking about Cherisse being "little." In that movie, I haven't watched in about a year but what I remember, there is a part where Ringo talks about being little and one of the other Beatles says, "There's nothing wrong with being little, you know," and Ringo says, "I like being little." Another Beatle says something about him having a complex, which Mikey says if you listen closely. Ringo then goes on and talks about how he "just wants to play the drums."

Also, that "only, there's no one here" part makes me laugh because it's so staged. Mika's got the "actor's" voice when he says it. :naughty:

Okay, so some random bits.

I just now got around to watching the music videos, and I noticed that in the GK vid, all of the "The last time we talked, Mr. Smith, you reduced me to tears..." etc talking is silent. Everything else is fine, the background music plays, but it's like all of the speaking parts were omitted for some reason.

Has anyone here seen A Hard Day's Night with The Beatles? I was watching the part where Mika, Mikey and Cherisse were walking around, and I'm wondering if they were spoofing AHDN when they were talking about Cherisse being "little." In that movie, I haven't watched in about a year but what I remember, there is a part where Ringo talks about being little and one of the other Beatles says, "There's nothing wrong with being little, you know," and Ringo says, "I like being little." Another Beatle says something about him having a complex, which Mikey says if you listen closely. Ringo then goes on and talks about how he "just wants to play the drums."

Also, that "only, there's no one here" part makes me laugh because it's so staged. Mika's got the "actor's" voice when he says it. :naughty:

I haven't seen all of "A Hard Day's Night," but I've ordered if from Amazon.com. We watched some of it in my cinema class and I just had to get it! I can't wait to see the bit about Ringo being little and just wanting to play the drums so I can make the comparison :)

I haven't seen all of "A Hard Day's Night," but I've ordered if from Amazon.com. We watched some of it in my cinema class and I just had to get it! I can't wait to see the bit about Ringo being little and just wanting to play the drums so I can make the comparison :)

I saw a Hard Days Night like 5 times. :naughty:

I LOVE the Beatles.:biggrin2:

I can't wait till I can buy it next week!:mf_lustslow: everything i read about it sounds soooo wounderful! I hope many people will buy this dvd! well done mika! very very well done mika!:mf_lustslow::woot_jump: I can't wait! must have now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow::punk:

I was going to check the DVD charts but we'll have to wait- they're not out yet.

I made my mom watch the documentary with me, haha. She likes him though. She's a believer after Highline. :punk::thumb_yello:

My parents and I are driving from North Carolina to Lousiana for Thanksgiving this week, and I am definitely making my mom watch the DVD on that long car ride!

I love the dvd, 'cause now I finally know the words to Holy Johnny, it comes across so clear on there.

The documentary is really good, I really liked the shopping trip, looks like it must be fun to shop with the big guy.

Still trying to find out what the hidden treasures are though.

Well, I finally finished watching the entire DVD... I was at home sick today.

and the moment that made me cry (because I hadn't before this) was before Mika was about to go on stage (I think he was in Germany) and he was jumping around getting ready when he made the sign of the cross...IT was lightning fast, but I managed to catch it. Did anyone else notice that?

I don't know why it was so emotional, because I'm not as religious as I should be...but he had just been talking about how ill he felt and how difficult it was going to be to perform... in that moment, he just touched my heart.

awwwww I love that boy:blush-anim-cl:

Oh yeah, and I had never seen any of his music videos (beginning to end) on a television screen (always only on youtube:boxed: ) so you can imagine it was really cool being able to see them in such good quality.

I was supposed to get my DVD for my birthday on Friday, but my daughter said I could have it early. YEEEAAH! It was awesome! The concert part was great. I so hope to see him in persone some day. I especially loved the interviews and stuff. I like listening to him speak. And it was great to see his videos on the big screen instead of the little screen on YouTube. It's so great to have it. Now I can have more of MIKA. I just can't get enough! (I am so pathetic. I think I need professionnal help.) I also caught the sign of the cross, too. Very cool! Mika's THE man. Have a great day my MIKA friends! Later.

Ok i live in the wonderful U.S. of A. and my mumma wont let me order his CD so...does any one ANYONE know wat stores are selling the dulex one, you know the ones with the swearing and exstra ****....i must buy it!!!please get back to me!!!i figured coloful font would get someones SOMEONESATENTION!!!:eek:

Ok i live in the wonderful U.S. of A. and my mumma wont let me order his CD so...does any one ANYONE know wat stores are selling the dulex one, you know the ones with the swearing and exstra ****....i must buy it!!!please get back to me!!!i figured coloful font would get someones SOMEONESATENTION!!!:eek:

The Deluxe Edition is currently unavailable in the US, but the only difference in the regular version and deluxe is the packaging. The Deluxe Edition has a DVD case similar to a book, and the regular version has a little stapled booklet. There is no difference in the actual DVD---they both have exactly the same content. I find it funny how you want the DVD with the swearing?! What? :lmfao: You can probably find it at FYE, Borders, Best Buy, etc, but your best bet would be to go online if you do not live in a very populated area. :thumb_yello: