you're so right!

funnily enough, Mika's actually more 'manly' than several of my past crushes. He doesn't wear skirts or eyeliner or anything!

and no, the thread dies because what you say is so mind-blowingly awesome that we're all struck temporarily dumb.

what she said...:thumb_yello:

:huglove:

I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way about him!

He is special indeed, and almost too beautiful to be a boy... But it's not just his appearance that gives me that 'vibe'. It's in everything he does. The way he carries himself, his manners, his laughter, his opinions, his voice, his music. And I envy him because of that. It's so natural and comfortable for him. I know it hasn't been like that always, but it is now and that's what matters. I wish that someday I can be as comfortable in my own skin as he is.

God, now I know why this thread keeps dying: I'm being a complete buzzkill! :lmfao:

lemme try and see if i can manage to articulate what i'm thinking..i abs agree that mika seems to be very comfortable in his skin and in not getting bogged down in stereotypical gender-specific behavior/dress etc (as if!) but for me, i'm very aware of the fact that he's a guy...even though some of the things he does/his mannerisms can be construed as feminine i still just look at it as him being 'mika'..i've seen guys who i would def say are too 'beautiful to be a boy' but i won't really apply that to him...i think his face is too beautiful in a manly sort of way for me to say that..

that apart, i just wanted to say that i really admire how he manages to just be his own person without (to me) appearing camp, or even overtly flamboyant..though i know some journalist have described him as such, i *really* don't see it. maybe they couldn't think of better words for 'unique' ?

ok rambling done, back to regularly scheduled program..:naughty:

you're so right!

funnily enough, Mika's actually more 'manly' than several of my past crushes. He doesn't wear skirts or eyeliner or anything!

and no, the thread dies because what you say is so mind-blowingly awesome that we're all struck temporarily dumb.

For some reason that description reminded me of Brian Molko. I used to have a HUGE crush on him when I was like 16, he was one of those people who made me question my identity and sexuality. To me he has the same thing going on as Mika: I don't think of him as a 'man' even though I know very well he is one. Neither of them highlight their gender and neither of them are afraid of breaking the rules or pushing the limits and that's why I admire them so much on a personal level.

Teehee, reading that makes me blush. I feel so smart all of a sudden. :teehee: I'm a silly little girl. :roftl:

lemme try and see if i can manage to articulate what i'm thinking..i abs agree that mika seems to be very comfortable in his skin and in not getting bogged down in stereotypical gender-specific behavior/dress etc (as if!) but for me, i'm very aware of the fact that he's a guy...even though some of the things he does/his mannerisms can be construed as feminine i still just look at it as him being 'mika'..i've seen guys who i would def say are too 'beautiful to be a boy' but i won't really apply that to him...i think his face is too beautiful in a manly sort of way for me to say that..

that apart, i just wanted to say that i really admire how he manages to just be his own person without (to me) appearing camp, or even overtly flamboyant..though i know some journalist have described him as such, i *really* don't see it. maybe they couldn't think of better words for 'unique' ?

I agree. I think of him as 'Mika', the same way I think of Brian as 'Brian' - to me both of them (and people like them) just appear genderless. Usually I note very quickly how a certain person behaves, are they masculine or feminine. Most people fall into either category. But then there are people like Mika and Brian who are spesifically neither and that always amazes me because that's how I feel like sometimes.

Sometimes I even wish Mika was more camp and flamboyant - I've always loved those kind of things. :naughty: I'm so into that whole over-the-top thing, I wish I had the courage to be like that but I feel like I'm not special enough for it, like I've got nothing to say.

I agree. I think of him as 'Mika', the same way I think of Brian as 'Brian' - to me both of them (and people like them) just appear genderless. Usually I note very quickly how a certain person behaves, are they masculine or feminine. Most people fall into either category. But then there are people like Mika and Brian who are spesifically neither and that always amazes me because that's how I feel like sometimes.

Sometimes I even wish Mika was more camp and flamboyant - I've always loved those kind of things. :naughty: I'm so into that whole over-the-top thing, I wish I had the courage to be like that but I feel like I'm not special enough for it, like I've got nothing to say.

+1 :das:

For some reason that description reminded me of Brian Molko. I used to have a HUGE crush on him when I was like 16, he was one of those people who made me question my identity and sexuality. To me he has the same thing going on as Mika: I don't think of him as a 'man' even though I know very well he is one. Neither of them highlight their gender and neither of them are afraid of breaking the rules or pushing the limits and that's why I admire them so much on a personal level.

Teehee, reading that makes me blush. I feel so smart all of a sudden. :teehee: I'm a silly little girl. :roftl:

are you in my brain? i was thinking of Brian Molko as i was typing it, i loooved Placebo & especially Brian from about 2001 - 2004, he totally got me questioning my sexuality too. is he a boy, is he a girl? does it matter? not at all. it was around this time i first got into Bowie, somebody Mika already pointed out has the same qualities.

what she said...:thumb_yello:

i don't see it either, so pfft :shun: to them for their laziness or fear or whatever it is

+1 :das:

+2

Sometimes I even wish Mika was more camp and flamboyant - I've always loved those kind of things. :naughty:I'm so into that whole over-the-top thing, I wish I had the courage to be like that but I feel like I'm not special enough for it, like I've got nothing to say.

whaaa?? even from the little i know of you i'd def say you're special...and we *know* you've got loads to say..:naughty: if being more 'flamboyant' is what you want i hope u find the courage to express yourself soon, cos u deserve it! :thumb_yello:

sorry girls but i disagree i really hope he doesn't become too campy - i like just the right balance he seems to have right now...i used to be like you elina - really noticing gender specific behavior, but i find of recent i've just kinda started to gloss over it..my gaydar doesn't even seem to work automatically anymore..dunno why this is :dunno:

are you in my brain? i was thinking of Brian Molko as i was typing it, i loooved Placebo & especially Brian from about 2001 - 2004, he totally got me questioning my sexuality too. is he a boy, is he a girl? does it matter? not at all. it was around this time i first got into Bowie, somebody Mika already pointed out has the same qualities.

I am. And may I say there's a lot of filthy thoughts in here. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

That actually brought me back to my childhood. I can't remember how old I was, but I have a memory of seeing Marilyn Manson's video for "The Dope Show" on MTV and I couldn't tell if he was a boy or a girl because he's got boobs in the video etc. From that moment on I knew who he was and was interested in him, but it wasn't until I was 14 that I got into him. I guess it was one of those defining moments in my life that have affected me greatly. Because even though I didn't know if the person was male or female, it didn't bother me. On the contrary, it made him even more interesting.

Another one I remember was seeing one of the Star Wars movies when I was little. I always loved C-3PO because I felt like he was gay and he acted so feminine. :teehee: Of course I didn't know what 'gay' was back then, but I did notice his behaviour.

whaaa?? even from the little i know of you i'd def say you're special...and we *know* you've got loads to say..:naughty: if being more 'flamboyant' is what you want i hope u find the courage to express yourself soon, cos u deserve it! :thumb_yello:

sorry girls but i disagree i really hope he doesn't become too campy - i like just the right balance he seems to have right now...i used to be like you elina - really noticing gender specific behavior, but i find of recent i've just kinda started to gloss over it..my gaydar doesn't even seem to work automatically anymore..dunno why this is :dunno:

Nas you're such a sweetheart, thank you. :huglove: I know it's not like I have to change the world and do great things in order to be like that, but I do feel like I need a reason to be noticed by others, because that's what that type of behaviour usually does - you get noticed. And at the moment I feel like I don't have anything like that in me.

Same here! I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore and being gay isn't as "exciting" as it used to be so I don't pay attention to it as much as I used to.

I am. And may I say there's a lot of filthy thoughts in here. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

That actually brought me back to my childhood. I can't remember how old I was, but I have a memory of seeing Marilyn Manson's video for "The Dope Show" on MTV and I couldn't tell if he was a boy or a girl because he's got boobs in the video etc. From that moment on I knew who he was and was interested in him, but it wasn't until I was 14 that I got into him. I guess it was one of those defining moments in my life that have affected me greatly. Because even though I didn't know if the person was male or female, it didn't bother me. On the contrary, it made him even more interesting.

Another one I remember was seeing one of the Star Wars movies when I was little. I always loved C-3PO because I felt like he was gay and he acted so feminine. :teehee: Of course I didn't know what 'gay' was back then, but I did notice his behaviour.

Nas you're such a sweetheart, thank you. :huglove:I know it's not like I have to change the world and do great things in order to be like that, but I do feel like I need a reason to be noticed by others, because that's what that type of behaviour usually does - you get noticed. And at the moment I feel like I don't have anything like that in me.

Same here! I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore and being gay isn't as "exciting" as it used to be so I don't pay attention to it as much as I used to.

this is brilliant. if only all people with ASS (attn seekers syndrome) thought that way, the world be an all together better place!:wub2:

i think you're tote right as to the reason for 'broken gaydar'..:thumb_yello:

this is brilliant. if only all people with ASS (attn seekers syndrome) thought that way, the world be an all together better place!:wub2:

i think you're tote right as to the reason for 'broken gaydar'..:thumb_yello:

Are you calling me someone with ASS?! :sneaky2:

Damn. You've unveiled my dirty little secret. :mf_rosetinted:

Are you calling me someone with ASS?! :sneaky2:

Damn. You've unveiled my dirty little secret. :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: well kinda, in one sense i'm sure you have butt, but re: the syndrome, no not at all - unless *you* say you do...:aah:

i freely admit - i had A.S.S all throughout HS..:naughty:

:teehee: well kinda, in one sense i'm sure you have butt, but re: the syndrome, no not at all - unless *you* say you do...:aah:

i freely admit - i had A.S.S all throughout HS..:naughty:

:floor:

You've spent too much time in the butt thread!

I think there's a little attention seeker in all of us to be honest. :teehee: Everyone wants to get noticed somehow, why wouldn't they? Some people only want positive attention, some don't care whether it's positive or negative: they just enjoy being the centre of everything. I can't really blame them though, it feels good to have other people notice you, but I would never do it just for the sake of it. I'm insecure enough as it is and I'm pretty sure I've had my share of unwanted attention already. :roftl:

I think i get what you're all saying... :blink: i'm gonna give my opinion too so could someone say if it's like what i read in the last page... yeah... *totally makes sense*

I don't look at Mika, or listen to him, and think he is bisexual, gay, straight, whatever, he just is. Ever since he said he couldn't be labelled it's like i can't label him at all. I don't think i see him as 'genderless'. I see him as male, but sometimes he has slightly feminine qualities but i think one of the main reasons that he is often described (espeially early in his career) as feminine or flamboyant is because of his classically trained voice which around the time of him appearing was not heard of - there was no Bruno Mars etc who also use high voices though not as much as Mika.

i think that's all...

Do you know what I mean? :blink:

i like this thread :pinkbow:

I think i get what you're all saying... :blink: i'm gonna give my opinion too so could someone say if it's like what i read in the last page... yeah... *totally makes sense*

I don't look at Mika, or listen to him, and think he is bisexual, gay, straight, whatever, he just is. Ever since he said he couldn't be labelled it's like i can't label him at all. I don't think i see him as 'genderless'. I see him as male, but sometimes he has slightly feminine qualities but i think one of the main reasons that he is often described (espeially early in his career) as feminine or flamboyant is because of his classically trained voice which around the time of him appearing was not heard of - there was no Bruno Mars etc who also use high voices though not as much as Mika.

i think that's all...

I know what you mean!!! And I get it!! :das: I like what you said ... he just IS ... :wub2:

Yay! I was worried no one would understand :aah:

I've never known anyone like MIKA before. He is So unique and special and so all in a class by himself. He is so mysterious and intriguing. He is who he is and he dosen't apologize for it. He is AMAZING!!! :fangurl: I wanna be JUST like MIKA when I grow up!!! :aah:

I've never known anyone like MIKA before. He is So unique and special and so all in a class by himself. He is so mysterious and intriguing. He is who he is and he dosen't apologize for it. He is AMAZING!!! :fangurl: I wanna be JUST like MIKA when I grow up!!! :aah:

I am like Mika (in some senses) and i'm not even grown up! :aah: Hopefully, in the next few years i'll become more me :pinkbow:

i think that's all...

i TOTALLY know what you mean! you said it short and sweet...:thumb_yello::wub2:

i think that's all...

Now that you mention the whole voice thing it does make sense. Then again I do think there's more to it than just his voice, because even though he's in the minority of male singers who sing like that all of them have not been questioned about their sexuality - think about Matt Bellamy for example. He uses his falsetto quite often and I've never read anywhere that he had to deal with that whole "Are you gay?" thing (I could've missed something though, I never was an active Muse fan even though I love them to bits).

I don't think about Mika's, or anyone elses for that matter, sexuality either, but like I mentioned earlier, I have a tendency to notice if people behave in a feminine or masculine way. It's something that I do almost unconsciously.

I love this thread too! :wub2: It's great to have a place where you can share your thoughts so openly and have a serious (sometimes less serious lol) discussion, especially when almost everything else I do here on MFC is fangurl and joke around. :biggrin2:

+1! It takes a lot of courage to be true to yourself and accept yourself, especially for someone like him who's had to put up with bullying. He is such an inspiration to me.

To be completely honest with you guys, since I started listening to Mika I've felt so much better. Getting to know his music and what he's like has been such a turning point in my life, he's helped me let go of a lot of negativity I've been carrying on my mind for so long and for no reason. I've never been a member of any fanclub before, but once I found Mika and MFC and noticed how great this place was I knew I absolutely wanted to be a part of it. Sure, some other great things have happened to me this year and they've helped me feel a lot better too, but music's always played such an important role in my life that it affects me on so many levels.

+1! It takes a lot of courage to be true to yourself and accept yourself, especially for someone like him who's had to put up with bullying. He is such an inspiration to me.

To be completely honest with you guys, since I started listening to Mika I've felt so much better. Getting to know his music and what he's like has been such a turning point in my life, he's helped me let go of a lot of negativity I've been carrying on my mind for so long and for no reason. I've never been a member of any fanclub before, but once I found Mika and MFC and noticed how great this place was I knew I absolutely wanted to be a part of it. Sure, some other great things have happened to me this year and they've helped me feel a lot better too, but music's always played such an important role in my life that it affects me on so many levels.

OMG. If i was with you in RL right now, i'd be jumping up and down and running round in circles and flailing right now!!! THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FELT WHEN I DISCOVERED MIKA! My parents still remember the massive grin i had on my face when i saw him live the first time and my life changed forever and for better!!! *HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS!!!* :boing::huglove: