Question for bisexuals: has your sexuality ever been a problem to your partners?

I know it's a silly thing to ask but I'm curious. Sometimes it seems like people think bisexuals are more likely to check others out since they have "double the possibilities". Obviously that's not true but I was wondering if any of you have ever come across with something like this.

Question for bisexuals: has your sexuality ever been a problem to your partners?

I know it's a silly thing to ask but I'm curious. Sometimes it seems like people think bisexuals are more likely to check others out since they have "double the possibilities". Obviously that's not true but I was wondering if any of you have ever come across with something like this.

That is a REALLY good question and something I have always wondered too!!! :aah:

well i don't consider myself 'bisexual' but there are some who might, so i'll take a crack at telling you my experience.

i've had partners who've seen it as a 'boon'..y'know the stereotypical 'oo we can all have a menage' :sneaky2: suffice to say they didn't last long :aah:

with others it kinda made them insecure.they were concerned that i'd leave them for a girl and it made for problems in the relationship. i tried to explain that it shouldn't matter whether i left for a male or female, there's no difference between the 2, and there was no cause to be excessively concerned about leaving for a girl...somehow they didn't grasp that concept :dunno:

i'd be very interested to hear the experiences of others too :teehee:

well i don't consider myself 'bisexual' but there are some who might, so i'll take a crack at telling you my experience.

i've had partners who've seen it as a 'boon'..y'know the stereotypical 'oo we can all have a menage' :sneaky2: suffice to say they didn't last long :aah:

with others it kinda made them insecure.they were concerned that i'd leave them for a girl and it made for problems in the relationship. i tried to explain that it shouldn't matter whether i left for a male or female, there's no difference between the 2, and there was no cause to be excessively concerned about leaving for a girl...somehow they didn't grasp that concept :dunno:

i'd be very interested to hear the experiences of others too :teehee:

This is exactly what I meant and what I've heard too. I guess some tend to think like this because if you left someone to date a person from the same sex it would feel like they weren't good enough as a man (or a woman). Like that they weren't doing a good enough job and you were convinced you could only find what you wanted from someone of the same sex.

I'm so bad at expressing myself today! :aah: What a struggle!

This is exactly what I meant and what I've heard too. I guess some tend to think like this because if you left someone to date a person from the same sex it would feel like they weren't good enough as a man (or a woman). Like that they weren't doing a good enough job and you were convinced you could only find what you wanted from someone of the same sex.

I'm so bad at expressing myself today! :aah: What a struggle!

yup. which is totally ridiculous imo. if you leave it's because they weren't being a good *partner*, not man or womon.

• 3 weeks later...

I seriously need to share this with you guys, I'm so excited.

I'm meeting my mums boss tomorrow. HE wears makeup on a daily basis, like eyeliner, mascara, nailpolish, lipstick, he even does his eyebrows. He uses a lot of jewellery and has longish dyed hair and is so flamboyant it's nearly impossible. He's very precise about his style, too. This might not be much, but get this: he's a priest. And everyone loves him, even the old people who live in that town (which is a really, really small town too).

I'm so proud people like him exist.

I'm meeting my mums boss tomorrow. HE wears makeup on a daily basis, like eyeliner, mascara, nailpolish, lipstick, he even does his eyebrows. He uses a lot of jewellery and has longish dyed hair and is so flamboyant it's nearly impossible. He's very precise about his style, too. This might not be much, but get this: he's a priest. And everyone loves him, even the old people who live in that town (which is a really, really small town too).

omg, he sounds awesome! i'm so glad to hear people accept him. please tell us how the meeting goes. :)

are you going to ask him if he likes Mika? :teehee:

omg, he sounds awesome! i'm so glad to hear people accept him. please tell us how the meeting goes. :)

are you going to ask him if he likes Mika? :teehee:

I know, and my mum loves him! I'm so excited about meeting him, I'll report to you right after. :teehee: I think it's so cool that he works for the church and he doesn't have to hide himself or keep his personality as a dirty little secret. Most congregations/churchs are pretty conservative so I was so happy to find out that there's even one exception.

Hahah, I actually was thinking about how I'd let him know about Mika - especially when my mum said that his boss is the most flamboyant person ever. I didn't say anything to her but inside I was all like "IT'S ON!" because my mum hasn't seen Mika perform. :naughty:

wow that IS awesome! :aah:

deffo want to hear about that meeting:thumb_yello: what church (denomination) is he a priest in?

wow that IS awesome! :aah:

deffo want to hear about that meeting:thumb_yello: what church (denomination) is he a priest in?

It's a Christian Lutheran church, since that's the official religion over here.

I just got back home - the event was actually a little 'party' to welcome my mum into the church. She only started working there a couple months ago.

That man is so cool! He's a complete sweetheart and a very warm and funny person. It was hard to keep my pokerface while I was talking to him though, not because he looked ridicilous but because he was so flamboyant and totally not priest-like at all! :aah: He had such cute nails, all colourful and glittery and he even had some lipstick on. And sooo much rings and bracelets and earrings. :teehee: I'm so jealous my mum gets to work with him - I'll probably never see him again because I'm not a religious person at all so I don't attend services, especially now that I live over a 100 kilometres away from my mums place.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I really need to vent.

As I mentioned in another thread almost two weeks ago, there's a chance Finland might get a gay president. The election will be held this Sunday. It'd be a huge thing because a) he'd be the first openly gay president here and b) he's a member of the 'Green' party which means he supports important values (important to me, at least).

There's been a lot of talk about whether he'd be a good president or not and some of the things people write about the issue seriously tick me off. They say things like "it would be bad for our countrys politics, the more conservative countries wouldn't be willing to co-operate with us anymore". The most ridicilous comments I've heard are things like "if our president is gay everyone will think all of us are gay too!". And these comments are made by people who are homophobic. The religious people are a totally different case. Some of them are acting like it's going to be the end of the world if a gay man gets chosen for this job.

I don't even know what to say anymore, so I'll just post this picture.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

and you are in FINLAND! Northern Europe! the place we all here in Southern Europe watch to as one of the most progressive place in the world.

Can you fancy Italy in a situation like yours? :doh:

good luck anyway...I hope he will win! :thumb_yello:

and you are in FINLAND! Northern Europe! the place we all here in Southern Europe watch to as one of the most progressive place in the world.

Can you fancy Italy in a situation like yours? :doh:

good luck anyway...I hope he will win! :thumb_yello:

I thought we were a progressive and modern society too. Clearly I was wrong. :doh::naughty:

Maybe if he got chosen it could make a difference in other parts of Europe too? That would be the ideal situation, I think.

I'll let you all know what happens on Sunday, although I have a feeling he won't get elected. :sad:

Okay, I really need to vent.

As I mentioned in another thread almost two weeks ago, there's a chance Finland might get a gay president. The election will be held this Sunday. It'd be a huge thing because a) he'd be the first openly gay president here and b) he's a member of the 'Green' party which means he supports important values (important to me, at least).

There's been a lot of talk about whether he'd be a good president or not and some of the things people write about the issue seriously tick me off. They say things like "it would be bad for our countrys politics, the more conservative countries wouldn't be willing to co-operate with us anymore". The most ridicilous comments I've heard are things like "if our president is gay everyone will think all of us are gay too!". And these comments are made by people who are homophobic. The religious people are a totally different case. Some of them are acting like it's going to be the end of the world if a gay man gets chosen for this job.

I don't even know what to say anymore, so I'll just post this picture.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Wow, so weird for that to be happening there! :blink: I hope he wins too! Geez!

Our prime minister (yes we are a kingdom but the king's just there for show:dunno:) is gay and I can't recall this was ever brought up as a problem. In fact, it's not even talked about as a big deal. I think nobody cares, we're happy enough to finally have a government. :naughty:

Our prime minister (yes we are a kingdom but the king's just there for show:dunno:) is gay and I can't recall this was ever brought up as a problem. In fact, it's not even talked about as a big deal. I think nobody cares, we're happy enough to finally have a government. :naughty:

Where do you live?

Every independence day there's this event held by the president of Finland, he/she invites important and not-so-important people to celebrate the day to this huge mansion which used to be the presidents residence ages ago. It's basically just people eating fancy food, drinking and dancing. Anyways, some politicians didn't accept the invitation last year because there was going to be gay people there. The politicians said that it would offend them to see two men dancing together. SERIOUSLY?

It's things like these that make me so ashamed of being a Finn. It's not like everyone is all homophobic over certain things but unfortunately those who are like to make a big deal out of it.

I thought we were a progressive and modern society too. Clearly I was wrong. :doh::naughty:

Maybe if he got chosen it could make a difference in other parts of Europe too? That would be the ideal situation, I think.

I'll let you all know what happens on Sunday, although I have a feeling he won't get elected. :sad:

no keep hope alive!!

:sad: even in the most liberal of societies there will always be bigots....:no:

where do you live droopsy?

Where do you live?

Every independence day there's this event held by the president of Finland, he/she invites important and not-so-important people to celebrate the day to this huge mansion which used to be the presidents residence ages ago. It's basically just people eating fancy food, drinking and dancing. Anyways, some politicians didn't accept the invitation last year because there was going to be gay people there. The politicians said that it would offend them to see two men dancing together. SERIOUSLY?

It's things like these that make me so ashamed of being a Finn. It's not like everyone is all homophobic over certain things but unfortunately those who are like to make a big deal out of it.

f***ing idiots!!:sneaky2:

i still think you should be proud to be a finn, most countries it's still a pipe dream for an openly gay person to be running at all, so slow and frustarting progress there

funny enough, here in barbados the last party had a lesbian in a very high position..she was never 'out' but everybody in the island and all political circles knew it...because of her orientation however, she could never be the head of her party, though most people feel she should be :sad:

f***ing idiots!!:sneaky2:

i still think you should be proud to be a finn, most countries it's still a pipe dream for an openly gay person to be running at all, so slow and frustarting progress there

It's the first time here too, actually. I'm hoping he wins but the polls aren't looking good for him, it's like 1/3 for him and 2/3 for his opponent, who happens to be an awful choice. I mean he's a great choice for you if you've got a lot of money and your social status is high. Unfortunately there are a whole lot of people who don't have any of those things.

funny enough, here in barbados the last party had a lesbian in a very high position..she was never 'out' but everybody in the island and all political circles knew it...because of her orientation however, she could never be the head of her party, though most people feel she should be :sad:

That is so sad. :no: Why would your sexual orientation have an impact on your work? Plus, who knows what kinky secrets all those other politicians might have? Are they somehow more acceptable than being gay just because we don't know about them?

I have been following this presidential election in Finland closely, and I have a feeling that for the first time in Finland, for years, a LOT of people are uniting for the better and more understanding country and supporting someone who is intelligent/has good, green values/is internationally experienced peace-maker AND ignoring the fact that he is also openly gay. Sexuality doesn't make anyone any better or worse for the job. I'm not sure the support and movement is enough though, and of course there are still some groups who see his his sexuality as an issue.

Personally I would love to see a president from a minority group because (imo) it would do a lot of good for our image as a country (and I admit I'm kind of gay-friendly because I like to support them and I like many things related to the gay culture (style etc)). It's still far more important to see his values and personality and this support movement behind him is historical :wub2: The money for the campaign comes from people and not from companies for political reasons, and a huge number of artists and of course "ordinary people" are doing voluntary work.

Sunday will be a very exciting day :biggrin2:

Edited by tiibet

It's the first time here too, actually. I'm hoping he wins but the polls aren't looking good for him, it's like 1/3 for him and 2/3 for his opponent, who happens to be an awful choice. I mean he's a great choice for you if you've got a lot of money and your social status is high. Unfortunately there are a whole lot of people who don't have any of those things.

I agree with you, but we need to also remember that president doesn't have much power in Finland :wink2: She/he is a person who represents Finland internationally, and to tell the truth I think the both candidates are intelligent and can do the job perfectly well. But I do agree with you about their values, and who knows, if our president is a strong enough person he can actually change things/ general atmosphere.

That is so sad. :no:Why would your sexual orientation have an impact on your work? Plus, who knows what kinky secrets all those other politicians might have? Are they somehow more acceptable than being gay just because we don't know about them?

those are all rhetorical questions, but for some people the answer is the wrong one...:(

i'm still keeping my fingers crossed - sunday would be exciting indeed!:thumb_yello:

I have been following this presidential election in Finland closely, and I have a feeling that for the first time in Finland, for years, a LOT of people are uniting for the better and more understanding country and supporting someone who is intelligent/has good, green values/is internationally experienced peace-maker AND ignoring the fact that he is also openly gay. Sexuality doesn't make anyone any better or worse for the job. I'm not sure the support and movement is enough though, and of course there are still some groups who see his his sexuality as an issue.

+1, it's been really great to see that. But as you said, I'm not sure it's enough for him to get elected. I wish it was/will be, but being the pessimist that I am... :naughty:

I agree with you, but we need to also remember that president doesn't have much power in Finland :wink2:She/he is a person who represents Finland internationally, and to tell the truth I think the both candidates are intelligent and can do the job perfectly well. But I do agree with you about their values, and who knows, if our president is a strong enough person he can actually change things/ general atmosphere.

Exactly. I don't think his opponent is the worst choice there could be, but he's certainly not my number one either. You're right though, the president doesn't have that much power anymore, it's more of a question of who we want to represent us.

By the way, have you noticed we have a new Finnish member? :clap:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26649

Just an update: Our candidate didn't win (it was not a surprise, the winner was someone who was kind of "planned" to be our president for last 6 years, he is an experienced and popular politician).

Still, the result was like a small victory, at least in my eyes. Last night over million Finnish people voted for a green, openly-gay man in our presidential election and it's a HUGE amount and can't be ignored. He did a fantastic campaign and changed our whole political atmosphere. I feel that people have now more faith and interest in our political system (just my opinion of course) and it's something very positive :thumb_yello:

Edited by tiibet

Just an update: Our candidate didn't win (it was not a surprise, the winner was someone who was kind of "planned" to be our president for last 6 years, he is an experienced and popular politician).

Still, the result was like a small victory, at least in my eyes. Last night over million Finnish people voted for a green, openly-gay man in our presidential election and it's a HUGE amount and can't be ignored. He did a fantastic campaign and changed our whole political atmosphere. I feel that people have now more faith and interest in our political system (just my opinion of course) and it's something very positive :thumb_yello:

I totally agree. :thumb_yello: It would've been great to see him win, but I'm happy he did so well. There's so much more to this whole thing than just winning the actual elections.