lol

he had been signing autographs outside the venue in bologna for over half an hour already, so I decided to queue and get an autograph too...

As the girl in front of me was getting her autograph, the security guys told each other "this was the last one!" and I thought: "yay, just my luck!"...

but then Mr. M looked at me and told the bodyguards to let me (and the few people behind me) thru.

I had planned with avoca to ask him something like "Would you like to marry me? How about a civil partnership?" but as I was right in front of him I was totally starstruck... I couldn't look into his eyes while I muttered: "great show tonight, huh?" and gave him my ticket which he signed while saying "thank you". He gave me back the ticket and I thanked him in return (without raising up my eyes that is) and walked away...

then I had the brilliant idea to turn back to him and he looked at me again while he was signing the next girl's autograph... so I went "Hello gorgeous!" and run to avoca laughing! :roftl:

"..a Mika piacciono i Dico!..":punk::D

lol

he had been signing autographs outside the venue in bologna for over half an hour already, so I decided to queue and get an autograph too...

As the girl in front of me was getting her autograph, the security guys told each other "this was the last one!" and I thought: "yay, just my luck!"...

but then Mr. M looked at me and told the bodyguards to let me (and the few people behind me) thru.

I had planned with avoca to ask him something like "Would you like to marry me? How about a civil partnership?" but as I was right in front of him I was totally starstruck... I couldn't look into his eyes while I muttered: "great show tonight, huh?" and gave him my ticket which he signed while saying "thank you". He gave me back the ticket and I thanked him in return (without raising up my eyes that is) and walked away...

then I had the brilliant idea to turn back to him and he looked at me again while he was signing the next girl's autograph... so I went "Hello gorgeous!" and run to avoca laughing! :roftl:

BUT he looked at ya twice... :das: why am I not surprised..? :fisch::naughty:

what a night in bologna! i had a grand time! :thumb_yello:

i know this might sound cheesy.. but I do consider myself as a citizen of this world.. don't have a specific country that I call home.. lived in many different places (a true global citizen).. and i feel i belong where my true friends are

During Mika's concert in Dubai, there were at least 10,000 people (it was a festival).. he was surprised by how popular he is as he told the crowd, his mother asked him not to point the microphone to the audience in case we didn't know the words.. he was pleased by the crowd's reaction and his popularity in Dubai

I consider myself a citizen of the world as well. Though in reality I have a double citizenship, like I wrote before. In a way it`s a free feeling, but on the other hand this rootless feeling is confusing.. I have a problem to be attached to a country, a state, but I suceeded to start to like the city in which I`m living now.

Back to Dubai.. I heard that there was some Mika ban there? Is it true?

He is very good with eye contact with his audience as well.. we were standing right infront of the stage (unfortunetly next to the screaming young girls) and he looked at us straight in the eye.. he is a axcellent performer (I guess it comes from his experience as an actor in theater as well)

I think he's a natural, to be honest... :wink2: he's a way to treat people and I'm not being swoony.

but I am being bedski. :biggrin2: nite, everyone. :wink2:

BUT he looked at ya twice... :das: why am I not surprised..? :fisch::naughty:

That's a very good point... you should be very happy... you did attract his attention..

:wink2:

I'm pretty sure he had to conceal his contempt! lol "who's this sad crazy person?" :naughty::roftl:

I find that hard to believe..

:)

It must have been quiet amusing for him.. he has a great sense of humour.. and we know he finds "crazy" people very interesting

:biggrin2:

naaa, I don't think so... I mean, "Hello gorgeous" is a famous quote from the movie Funny Girl, but he must have been so tired that he probably thought I was just plain creepy! lol

naaa, I don't think so... I mean, "Hello gorgeous" is a famous quote from the movie Funny Girl, but he must have been so tired that he probably thought I was just plain creepy! lol

woah I'm impressed..you're able to act smart+funny even in english!:biggrin2:

I guess Stuck in The Middle can be seen as a song about homosexuality and the difficulty of being stuck in between who you are and who society says you shoulkd be. A lot of Mika songs point towards homosexuality, SITM is one of them
"Stuck in the middle" is clearly to me about someone coming out to his mother.. and fighting to get recognized for who he is among people he cares about.. in my eyes there is no doubt there is a strong gay theme

I can't believe that I never thought of it that way. But now that you've pointed it out, the references to "coming out to your family" seem blindingly obvious. How could I have missed them? :shocked:

Especially the lines:

"Our is family is a family that's based upon tradition, but with my careless words I tread upon your vision" means family disapproval. The repeated "Is there any body home?" may also be references to family.

"I look at you, You look at me, We bite each other. And with your bitter words you kick me in the gutter" is rejection when they find out.

"But my troops are bigger than yours, 'Cause you'll never stand my fight" is standing firm and refusing to change no matter how much pressure you face.

"I know that what I've started means that when we have parted, I can live in honesty" is saying I'm not sorry for the fact that I am now open and honest about my sexuality and can live free and true to myself.

"Care to see my reason? Care to put your life in mine?" is a cry for understanding.

"This ain’t a pretty plan to break your heart" is an explanation. The intention behind coming out to your family is not to hurt them but to be honest with them about who you are.

"Could we make it better, stormy weather?" is an uncertain plea for reconciliation. It's asking: now that you know, could things ever be the same again?

"Who’ll believe me, won’t deceive me, won't try to change me?" and

"Who wants to have me, just to love me?" are cries for love and acceptance from your family irrespective of your sexuality, especially the reference to people trying to change you instead of accepting you for who you are.

It makes so much more sense now. :doh: Although, I may be interpreting and reading too much into the lyrics.

In all fairness, Scut, the discussions on SITM, started a little bit before you joined MFC. Here is a link to an interview that he did in Toronto last March (you might have to type "Mika" in the search field):

http://axs.muchmusic.com/?fr_story=b827fa169ae635b12a613cb41d64a79dc452e7ce&rf=sitemap

There were at least a dozen threads that analyzed SITM, but here is the longest one:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4527