2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Thanks for your report Andi - folk who push are really annoying,

but their day will come, when someone pushes them - and they wont

like it!!! Did you mean he would see if he would sign or sing at

Newcastle? :shocked: Lucky you - a kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fans I met in Glasgow were great - and I hope to meet more

in years to come :thumb_yello:

Hiya Wendi xxx

He meant whether he would sign at Newcastle.... but I will be there waiting....!!!

A kiss:wub2: Mika really is an obliging chap:roftl: My husband Ali, said he didn't really want a kiss, which Mika found amusing!!!

I wish I could have got to Glasgow.... there were people I really wanted to meet..... next time maybe!!!

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Well, I had a fantastic time last night. I can't compare to Glasgow, but I felt Mika had a really good time. He did tell me after the gig in the signing queue that his voice is 'tired'. I think he is just ready for a long rest. As i feel the rest of the band are too.

arrived at Doncaster at 2.45pm. Met Tia and Bexxy, was lovely to see them again. Then met met up with Fred, Caz, Ruth, Em, Sara her friend Joy, Rose and Babs.

We headed over to the venue at about 5, once Jodi arrived, thinking the queue would be huge as it was Saturday, but it wasn't too bad. And being inside was fab.

Met a few more people in the queue, Kath and her daughter and a few who aren't on the forum, but said they would probaly join. then Gill and Tony arrived. The queue was in good spirits, and soooo many people dressed up! The effort people go to to join in and have fun is fantastic. when the doors opened there was a huge surge to the front. We seemed to

wait for ages for palladium to come on. They were really good. Funny and had a really good time. then a short intermission before Mika.

There was a very annoying girl who spent the whole time determined to get to the front who was pushing forward and sideways onto people. She actually said she didn't care as she would never see any of these people again!!!! nice:sneaky2: Staggers me how rude some people are.Anyway, Mika came on. His performance vocally was really good. however I did notice he was 'holding ' his throat a little throughout. To me he seemed to be having a great time, really enjoying the crowd interaction. But as I didn't see him in Glasgow etc, I may be wrong. He did cause a crowd surge when he came to the front of the barriers...lucky people who he was infront of. All you could see was hands all over his body, but he didn't seem to mind:wink2: HJ was really good. how cool to get up on stage and 'bless' Mika! The animal encore was very funny.... if a little risque for the mixed age audience (I could just imagine having to explain that one to my 7 year old if I had taken her :roftl: )

And Lauren was superb up on stage... GO YOU!! you will never forget that moment ever in your life!

We got to meet Mika for the signing after the gig. We were told before that Mika would sign one thing only and NO posed photos!!!!!!!! We all lined up and waited patiently. Mika was so happy to talk to people, which is great. He signed my lollipop and I got a kiss :wub2: (thanks Gill). We had a bit chat about Newcastle and his voice being tired etc. Hope he gets to sign in Newcastle but he said it would depend.

Then there was the 'Santa trail' back to the hotel!! and then a drinkies/pizza get together, (thanks rose and Babs for the pizza!!!)

And then breakfast this morning before we all headed off.

I had a really really great time!! Great to see everyone :wub2: It wouldn't be the same without the special people we have on here and the other people who join in the atmosphere. Mika really does have some of the best fans in the world..... And most of them are here:wub2:

AWWWWW

andi!

when will we have the chance of a gig together?

so glad you had fun and met fab ppl from here...will you be here more now? :thumb_yello:

OH YES IT WAS FABBY!!!!

Doncaster gig I mean. Thankfully I made it thru the whole gig standing up, but could hardly walk afterwards!

Got camera/fone pcs and vids of most of the clips people are asking for so if you want to pm me with requests, we'll see what we have.

We were over on the right (near Martin) and there was a real good view. We even saw Mika was wearing silver trainers!

So glad I went, however only saw Sara of MFC, no-one else introduced themselves and I didn't recogognise anyone either!

Didn't see Ruth, but have seen a piccy in the foyer on here so I know she went!

Off to look at our booty..........

Hiya Wendi xxx

He meant whether he would sign at Newcastle.... but I will be there waiting....!!!

A kiss:wub2: Mika really is an obliging chap:roftl: My husband Ali, said he didn't really want a kiss, which Mika found amusing!!!

I wish I could have got to Glasgow.... there were people I really wanted to meet..... next time maybe!!!

Thats good - having to cancel Newcastle would be awful!!

It would be great to meet you too - here's to next year!! xxxxx

AWWWWW

andi!

when will we have the chance of a gig together?

so glad you had fun and met fab ppl from here...will you be here more now? :thumb_yello:

Hiya Robi xxx

I'm always here hun (just ask the hubby or the kids!!!!) But I will try to post more often.

Yep, the people here are amazing!!!!!!! Mika is a lucky boy!!!! :roftl:

Hi everyone!

Will make my report short:

Arrived at the hotel around 12pm, met (finally!) FD and Sara and was real happy to see Caz (Mikas_gal07) again!

We headed for lunch, then a bit of shopping (alcohol and food,that is), hung out a couple of hours in Caz and Sara's room, then got prepared (thanks Caz for the lovely hairdo and make-up, and all the nice stuff you got me to make me a nice fairy!). Headed to the Dome around 3:45 pm I think.

It was lovely to see the people I already knew and to meet the others (Babs, Jodi, Ruth and your friend, Andi and your husband, Bexxy, Kath and the lot, it was ace meeting you - I must have forgotten some sorry there were so many people).

We waited until the doors opened (with a Santa giving Lollipops to everybody, and not really behaving like a Sant to the kids ha ha ha), got a good spot 3rd row in the middle right behind Lauren.

Mika's show was very good but unless I'm wrong his voice did not sound that powerful to me, it was often nearly covered up by the music - still voice issues I guess. I really liked the show and the fact that it was smaller and more intimate that all these 6000 people venues I've been attending lately, but frankly I did prefer Dusseldorf. The crowd was nice (NO PUSHING AT ALL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH) but although it reacted nicely there was not that frenzy I had felt in Dusseldorf, and I did not feel Mika was as much in it (he really enjoyed people singing his songs though you could see his joy on his face).

Mika came out quite fast after the show (so not much waiting), when my turn came he signed the DVD card I gave him (and stupid me right after I said "Hi" in French I watched his hand signing instead of him while he was answering in French "Hi how are you" so I still don't know if he can recognise me or not - no big deal but after attending quite many shows I was just wondering). Anyway then I told him about the book to be released about him in France and well, now we know, he was not aware of it at all. I then gave him the CD I made for him with the French hits from the era when he was living in Paris, explaining him there were French crap songs from the 80s-early 90s that might make him laugh or even maybe bring some memories back. He said "ah super merci" (looks like my silly idea was not too much of a bad choice :wink2::naughty: ) - but frankly it went all in a blur so I can't remember exactly - and moved on. Next mission in London: ask him if he had the opportunity to listen to it and if he remembered some of the songs.

He indeed said later in the queue that some bands now were asking their audience to come all dressed up so he's keen on finding another idea now.

We then all headed back to the hotel (Sariflor, Droopsy and Niki27 I'm sorry I left without seeing you and thus did not get the opportunity to say bye!), all gathered in FD's room and Babs and Rak1 went on a mission to find pizzas which we hungrily ate - thanks again ladies for saving us from starvation!

Had lovely breakfast this morning with everybody and then left with Mirtilla and Giulietta to get the train for our respective flights. Thank you so much again Babs for giving us a lift! I hope you found your pouch you were looking for!

To all British : I'm sorry if I did not talk much in FD's room but after a looooong day (had to get up real early in the morning to catch my flight) my English understanding was not at its top, and with the many different accents and the speed I could not catch up all the time, oops sorry!

I'm so glad I met all of you and am really looking forward to seeing again in London the ones that are coming!

Oops was that supposed to be a short review? :shocked:

Hi everyone!

Will make my report short:

Arrived at the hotel around 12pm' date=' met (finally!) FD and Sara and was real happy to see Caz (Mikas_gal07) again!

We headed for lunch, then a bit of shopping (alcohol and food,that is), hung out a couple of hours in Caz and Sara's room, then got prepared (thanks Caz for the lovely hairdo and make-up, and all the nice stuff you got me to make me a nice fairy!). Headed to the Dome around 3:45 pm I think.

It was lovely to see the people I already knew and to meet the others (Babs, Jodi, Ruth and your friend, Andi and your husband, Bexxy, Kath and the lot, it was ace meeting you - I must have forgotten some sorry there were so many people).

We waited until the doors opened (with a Santa giving Lollipops to everybody, and not really behaving like a Sant to the kids ha ha ha), got a good spot 3rd row in the middle right behind Lauren.

Mika's show was very good but unless I'm wrong his voice did not sound that powerful to me, it was often nearly covered up by the music - still voice issues I guess. I really liked the show and the fact that it was smaller and more intimate that all these 6000 people venues I've been attending lately, but frankly I did prefer Dusseldorf. The crowd was nice (NO PUSHING AT ALL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH) but although it reacted nicely there was not that frenzy I had felt in Dusseldorf, and I did not feel Mika was as much in it (he really enjoyed people singing his songs though you could see his joy on his face).

Mika came out quite fast after the show (so not much waiting), when my turn came he signed the DVD card I gave him (and stupid me right after I said "Hi" in French I watched his hand signing instead of him while he was answering in French "Hi how are you" so I still don't know if he can recognise me or not - no big deal but after attending quite many shows I was just wondering). Anyway then I told him about the book to be released about him in France and well, now we know, he was not aware of it at all. I then gave him the CD I made for him with the French hits from the era when he was living in Paris, explaining him there were French crap songs from the 80s-early 90s that might make him laugh or even maybe bring some memories back. He said "ah super merci" (looks like my silly idea was not too much of a bad choice :wink2::naughty: ) - but frankly it went all in a blur so I can't remember exactly - and moved on. Next mission in London: ask him if he had the opportunity to listen to it and if he remembered some of the songs.

He indeed said later in the queue that some bands now were asking their audience to come all dressed up so he's keen on finding another idea now.

We then all headed back to the hotel (Sariflor, Droopsy and Niki27 I'm sorry I left without seeing you and thus did not get the opportunity to say bye!), all gathered in FD's room and Babs and Rak1 went on a mission to find pizzas which we hungrily ate - thanks again ladies for saving us from starvation!

Had lovely breakfast this morning with everybody and then left with Mirtilla and Giulietta to get the train for our respective flights. Thank you so much again Babs for giving us a lift! I hope you found your pouch you were looking for!

To all British : I'm sorry if I did not talk much in FD's room but after a looooong day (had to get up real early in the morning to catch my flight) my English understanding was not at its top, and with the many different accents and the speed I could not catch up all the time, oops sorry!

I'm so glad I met all of you and am really looking forward to seeing again in London the ones that are coming!

Oops was that supposed to be a short review? :shocked:[/quote']

Hi Em,

It was great to meet you and I'm pleased you got back home safely...

I hope we get to meet again.... :biggrin2:

Hi Em,

It was great to meet you and I'm pleased you got back home safely...

I hope we get to meet again.... :biggrin2:

Me too Andi!!!! It's a pity you can't come to any of the London gigs! Next tour :wink2: !!

Lauren and HJ: brilliant presence on the stage!!!!

hahaha except for when he feels inferior to little bits of confetti huh? lol...

your confetti and sucky sweets!!!!! you are fab Jodi!!!!:roftl:

Do you think that ceiling one will ever be found??????

Em' it was lovely to meet you!!! and you kept up brilliantly so dont worry!! did you enjoy the xfactor? and brekkie??

It was lovely to meet you too Jodi!

Oh God X-factor :roftl: :roftl: !

And brekkie... God this was WONDERFUL! I miss Full English breakfast so much! I think I ate like I hadn't eaten for a week :roftl: :roftl: !

Me too Andi!!!! It's a pity you can't come to any of the London gigs! Next tour :wink2: !!

Lauren and HJ: brilliant presence on the stage!!!!

Oh, I hope so very much!!!!

btw.... the tour promotion girl (who never did tell us her name... wonder why????:roftl: ) said it would be arena tour next time round!!!!!!

longer queues I guess!!!!!!

OMG Does Mika really not want us to dress up anymore?:shocked:

I hope my outfit didn't put him off:mf_rosetinted:

When did he say that? What did I miss? :blink:

Your outfit was fab - love your avatar too btw! :thumb_yello:

OMG Does Mika really not want us to dress up anymore?:shocked:

I hope my outfit didn't put him off:mf_rosetinted:

Hi Jemma xxx

I think it's more of the fact that so many others have 'copied' the dress up idea that Mika is ready for something else!! He was telling this to Fred... so he should really explain.... but Mika did say he had something else in mind...... watch this space!!!!!!!!

I think its because other acts are getting into the fans

dressing up act!! :thumb_yello:

Indeed. From what I've understood it's not that Mika doesn't like the dressing up anymore, it's just that other artists seem to play the copycat now.

It was lovely to meet you too Jodi!

Oh God X-factor :roftl: :roftl: !

And brekkie... God this was WONDERFUL! I miss Full English breakfast so much! I think I ate like I hadn't eaten for a week :roftl: :roftl: !

When you finally got it with your eggs!!!! hahahhaha

Oh, I hope so very much!!!!

btw.... the tour promotion girl (who never did tell us her name... wonder why????:roftl: ) said it would be arena tour next time round!!!!!!

longer queues I guess!!!!!!

OMG why don't they have seats in an arena? It's crazy to have general admission for such a big venue.