2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Hey everyone!

This is a review by me and Holy Johnny (Silver.lemons, the lucky guy who has been on stage at 3 gigs now!)

Well on Friday I decided that we needed to go to the hotel early so after a few calls to the hotel we grabbed our costumes and made all speed down some very windy lanes (am sure the Sat Nav is set to scenic or something!) we arrived at quarter to one in the morning!

Hotel reminded me of the Bates Motel from Psycho but it was clean and the beds were comfy so no complaints.

Saturday morning we were both struck by the fear that there would be a huge queue and with this being Marc's last gig we wanted to be at the front. Decided to head over to the Dome and queue at 11am!!! :P

A couple of hours later other people started to arrive, Bee and her Mother soon few in (hi guys) and we decided to go on a hunt for CHICKEN!!! Sadly the only chicken thing we could find was a jar of chicken tonight but more on that later.

Luckily because the queue was inside it was right near the doors to the main hall - So not only did we see most of the set up but also a good moral boosting sing along to the sound checks :)

Due to our arrival time Eeek - we managed to get righ to the front the stage looks a little small to start with but it was all good once the rockin stared Yah!!

Palladium - were as always amazing - and managed to get our single's signed by all members of the band (rock on) Shout out to Fez for a long lasting half naked guitar session appreciated by all ;)

A few shouts to Oliver - the Ron Weasley look alike on the security team - Unknown person - lets call him Bob - lol - the Camera man from the Doncaster Free Post for staying low when takin pix and also doing one of our group

MIKA

Sexy as always, people will know from the previous reviews the gist of the show - one MAJOR addition was the switch from Missionary Man to SWEET DREAMS much appreciated by all the ageing rockers including ourselves (young but mature)

A jump up to the barriers where some people got a good free of the sexy body we all saw later during Love Today

When the band started lining up for Holy Johnny Mika started to look around the front row, of course we all brought his attention to Marc in his fabulous costume! Mika climbed down and between us we threw him over the barrier and got him up on stage. Marc was as fantastic and professional as ever! :P

We’ve already mentioned that Sweet dreams was included, which again was wonderful. We were treated again to Mika’s new song HMDLM, I’d had it stuck in my head all day in the queue!

Personal high for me was Happy ending, I was wearing white gloves and with some help from HJ and my friend Ruth (Struddlepip) we made the face from the video for the “Little bit of love section”. Think we were all delighted when Mika made the hands back at us!!! If anyone has a vid of that please PM me!

Again another different Jacket for Grace Kelly, this one was my fav so far!! It was black and had a cartoonish colourful strip of material down the centre of the back, you need to se it to understand how nice it was!

Love Today another treat with the shirtless Mika looking as hot as Hades and the amazing Cherisse on the drums, but it seemed a lot shorter than previous gigs.

Lollipop was again the big finish. Monkey was pulled up (Lauren I think) but it wasn’t done with quite the same flair I’ve become used to. Disappointingly Mika did not come out for the second Relax either!

Afterwards we were allowed back into the main hall by the side exit to meet Mika and get things signed. Me, Marc and Bee chatted to Mika’s Tour manager John and he was really nice, seemed genuinely disappointed when Marc said it was his last gig.

Then we met Mika again, I had my relax single signed (I now have my Glasgow ticket, My Dvd, pair of piano key braces and my single signed!) then the moment I’d been waiting for…..

We gave Mika the Chicken Tonight and said “Since you are on tour we guess you’re not getting any Chicken so we’ve brought you some.” Mika took the jar and said thanks looking a little confused, then just as he was about to walk away a look of comprehension came across his face!

“No, Wait, I know what this means!!! Someone told me, you can’t give me this!!! Take it back!” (All said with a cheeky grin and a laugh. So while we are disappointed that Mika does not want our Chicken it was worth it for the reaction! We conclude from this that Mika must be getting Chicken from an alternative source. *eyes Bee with suspicion* :P

Overall it was another amazing gig, you can expect no less from the Mikstar but I can’t help but sense that the crowd wasn’t involved as much. Mika didn’t turn his mic around very much (perhaps sensing that there could be a poor response?). Whatever the reason the gig had a little less “spray on“….“Cheese?“ “No you ****** Glitter”.

We also encourage all our reader to forget the Atkins diet, the week we have been following the Mika diet, it’s simple. No food, Lots of Chicken, Mountains of adrenalin, a generous helping of new friends and a handful of lollipops all simmered together a little Love Today!

Love and Lollipops to all

Milkfish (Vicky) and Holy Johnny (Marc)

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

This is a review by me and Holy Johnny (Silver.lemons, the lucky guy who has been on stage at 3 gigs now!)

Well on Friday I decided that we needed to go to the hotel early so after a few calls to the hotel we grabbed our costumes and made all speed down some very windy lanes (am sure the Sat Nav is set to scenic or something!) we arrived at quarter to one in the morning!

Hotel reminded me of the Bates Motel from Psycho but it was clean and the beds were comfy so no complaints.

Saturday morning we were both struck by the fear that there would be a huge queue and with this being Marc's last gig we wanted to be at the front. Decided to head over to the Dome and queue at 11am!!!

A couple of hours later other people started to arrive, Bee and her Mother soon few in (hi guys) and we decided to go on a hunt for CHICKEN!!! Sadly the only chicken thing we could find was a jar of chicken tonight but more on that later.

Luckily because the queue was inside it was right near the doors to the main hall - So not only did we see most of the set up but also a good moral boosting sing along to the sound checks

Due to our arrival time Eeek - we managed to get righ to the front the stage looks a little small to start with but it was all good once the rockin stared Yah!!

Palladium - were as always amazing - and managed to get our single's signed by all members of the band (rock on) Shout out to Fez for a long lasting half naked guitar session appreciated by all

A few shouts to Oliver - the Ron Weasley look alike on the security team - Unknown person - lets call him Bob - lol - the Camera man from the Doncaster Free Post for staying low when takin pix and also doing one of our group

MIKA

Sexy as always, people will know from the previous reviews the gist of the show - one MAJOR addition was the switch from Missionary Man to SWEET DREAMS much appreciated by all the ageing rockers including ourselves (young but mature)

A jump up to the barriers where some people got a good free of the sexy body we all saw later during Love Today

When the band started lining up for Holy Johnny Mika started to look around the front row, of course we all brought his attention to Marc in his fabulous costume! Mika climbed down and between us we threw him over the barrier and got him up on stage. Marc was as fantastic and professional as ever! :P

We’ve already mentioned that Sweet dreams was included, which again was wonderful. We were treated again to Mika’s new song HMDLM, I’d had it stuck in my head all day in the queue!

Personal high for me was Happy ending, I was wearing white gloves and with some help from HJ and my friend Ruth (Struddlepip) we made the face from the video for the “Little bit of love section”. Think we were all delighted when Mika made the hands back at us!!! If anyone has a vid of that please PM me!

Again another different Jacket for Grace Kelly, this one was my fav so far!! It was black and had a cartoonish colourful strip of material down the centre of the back, you need to se it to understand how nice it was!

Love Today another treat with the shirtless Mika looking as hot as Hades and the amazing Cherisse on the drums, but it seemed a lot shorter than previous gigs.

Lollipop was again the big finish. Monkey was pulled up (Lauren I think) but it wasn’t done with quite the same flair I’ve become used to. Disappointingly Mika did not come out for the second Relax either!

Afterwards we were allowed back into the main hall by the side exit to meet Mika and get things signed. Me, Marc and Bee chatted to Mika’s Tour manager John and he was really nice, seemed genuinely disappointed when Marc said it was his last gig.

Then we met Mika again, I had my relax single signed (I now have my Glasgow ticket, My Dvd, pair of piano key braces and my single signed!) then the moment I’d been waiting for…..

We gave Mika the Chicken Tonight and said “Since you are on tour we guess you’re not getting any Chicken so we’ve brought you some.” Mika took the jar and said thanks looking a little confused, then just as he was about to walk away a look of comprehension came across his face!

“No, Wait, I know what this means!!! Someone told me, you can’t give me this!!! Take it back!” (All said with a cheeky grin and a laugh. So while we are disappointed that Mika does not want our Chicken it was worth it for the reaction! We conclude from this that Mika must be getting Chicken from an alternative source. *eyes Bee with suspicion* :P

Overall it was another amazing gig, you can expect no less from the Mikstar but I can’t help but sense that the crowd wasn’t involved as much. Mika didn’t turn his mic around very much (perhaps sensing that there could be a poor response?). Whatever the reason the gig had a little less “spray on“….“Cheese?“ “No you ****** Glitter”.

We also encourage all our reader to forget the Atkins diet, the week we have been following the Mika diet, it’s simple. No food, Lots of Chicken, Mountains of adrenalin, a generous helping of new friends and a handful of lollipops all simmered together a little Love Today!

Love and Lollipops to all

Milkfish (Vicky) and Holy Johnny (Marc)

Thank you so much for that! Wow, you're brave for giving him the Chicken Tonight! :lmfao::lmfao: I bow to you. Ahahaha chicken from an alternative source. :das::das::naughty:

He said that it was becoming more common now, that many others were doing it and that some bands were asking people going to gigs to dress up in costumes, and that when people like (was it The Hoosiers??) were doing this, "you knew it was time to move on"...

So yes, it looked like he was starting to "think" that the whole dressing up thing was to die soon.

Hmmm........So why does HE still do it I wonder?:naughty::blush-anim-cl:

The Hoosiers indeed, see their MySpace. Well it might be time for something new then - starting with the new tour. Although I like the glowsticks and the flashing hearts. :wink2:

:lmao: thanks for the report! So sorry we won't be seeing Marc in London.

honestly?..i thought he turned his mike round nearly every song.... even the new one i think the only ones that he didnt were lollipop, holy johnny & sweet dreams

and he looked like he was about to explode bouncing up&down with the singing back!

The Hoosiers indeed, see their MySpace. Well it might be time for something new then - starting with the new tour. Although I like the glowsticks and the flashing hearts. :wink2:

I think his next album is going to be a complete departure from LiCM and there isn't going to be the same artwork, characters, etc. so it wouldn't make much sense for the fans to show up dressed as lollipop girls or whatever.

The Hoosiers are even lamer than I thought. :thumbdown:

Hey Blue,

Yes I'll be there for the very last gig on the 4th. :)

Jodie,

Both me and marc just didn't think he was as involved with the crowd as he was at the other gigs we've attended this week, still an amazing show, very full of energy...just slightly more disconnected perhaps... *shrugs*

thanks for all of the reports everyone!!!! :biggrin2:

lauren you are SOOO lucky! i wish i had a costume that i could wear so mika would bring me up on stage :naughty:

youtube's being a bitch and it won't let me watch any videos :thumbdown: but i'm sure there great and i can't wait to watch them

thanks again everyone!!!! :woot_jump: wish i could've been there!

But don't get too excited, for some reason my camera was playing up last night- I think I must have accidentally changed some settings and the quality of many pics is not very good.

I decided to leave them all in there anyway, so be warned that they're not fantastic!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaInDoncaster

And here a few of Palladium:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/PalladiumInDoncaster

And here THE pic of when Mika was pulling my arm :roftl::roftl::

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaInDoncaster/photo#5136824434724466370

But don't get too excited, for some reason my camera was playing up last night- I think I must have accidentally changed some settings and the quality of many pics is not very good.

I decided to leave them all in there anyway, so be warned that they're not fantastic!!

No, there are some great pics in there, especially the MFCers and this one:

IMG_0350.JPG?imgmax=576

Love his hair :wub2::wub2:

This is one for Babspanky's album for sure!

IMG_0455.JPG?imgmax=576

:naughty:

I think this was also when he was pulling your arm...

snipshotarmrestmikaaa.jpg

his hair is absolutely perfect in them and those blue (fake)braces are just WOW! thank you so much!!! :flowers2:

Thanks for the flowers,you're very sweet!

And I thought that he was having a bad hair day,LOL!!

No, there are some great pics in there, especially the MFCers and this one:

IMG_0350.JPG?imgmax=576

Love his hair :wub2::wub2:

This is one for Babspanky's album for sure!

IMG_0455.JPG?imgmax=576

OH MY, you also love his hair??

I really thought that the "flat,stretched out fringe" thing was awful....not that it detracts from his natural beauty, but still quite dodgy as a do :roftl:

I really thought that the "flat,stretched out fringe" thing was awful....not that it detracts from his natural beauty, but still quite dodgy as a do :roftl:

:naughty: Maybe it's just the pics. My hair often looks a fright in real life but usually comes out okay in photos.

You have to admit it's better than the granny curls! Perhaps he needs a trim but I prefer it au naturel.

Thanks for the flowers,you're very sweet!

And I thought that he was having a bad hair day,LOL!!

someone attacked him with straighteners!!! :naughty:

not are all those pics are a fantastic you should see MINE my daughters are great but the ones I took are poopy, not uploaded them yet cos she has been out in a show today and we have Newcastle tomorrow but asap we will upload em.

I love the one you took of him smiling at the crowd that's my fave one.