2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would try to tell you how DONNY was for me and Vix.

I thought the venue was awesome for winter (though I would not liked to have been at the back or sides, though upstairs would have had a great view).

Yes it was Q.ing indoors (oh mercy how fantastic was that), the security ppl were sooooo nice that I am going to email the company and say thankyou, cos in Manchester they were evil.

We Queued a fair while but time passed by chatting to MFCers who were all lovely, met Emmylou, and Rose (pengy) sara, Freddie, Holy johnny again (he is like an old friend now lol), and vicky, sarifor Ruth, Cynthia, Babs, think it was Marriposa oh darn it...lots more but I forget the names (sorry ppls).

Andy/the man of many names, came out at the usual time to interview ppl again (luckily I manage to avoid his camera) lol.

OH OH just remembered vix HJ and Vicky went ot ASda to get a chicken :roftl: (yes busy sat afternoon in costume in asda, a bumble bee a priest and a hooker..ok ok a ring master lol), they couldn't get one so came back with a jar of chicken tonight for MIKA. the security said they went allowed to take glass inside so they put it to one side and said he could pick it up after the gig (seee nice security ppl). I'll tell you about the chicken stuff at the end.

We had great fun in the Q just chatting and not being cold it was all good stuff and I know it wont be like that again for a long time in UK cos we have poo weather.

Finally it was time to go in, the mad rush and lots of ppl suddenly do the Marathon walkers walk to the front :naughty: we ended up front row, slightly to right again but nearer than Manchester yeey!!

Palladium were great, lovely bunch of lads I like the drummer (Rocky), he reminds of someone and is just cute really lol. Lead singer has charisma and Keyboards a character, lead Guitar is also great, in fact the whole bad give you something worth listening to and watching. Lead guitarist (I'll have to learn their names..sorry guys), did a MIKA and whipped off his shirt lol. (felt sorry for his at the signing later cos 2 drunken idiots made him sign theirs bare asses and he did NOT want to do it, he said to the woman as she dropped her kegs and flashed almost everything "but there are children about" but they wouldn't take NO for an answer, they really were a pain in the neck kept bothering ppl all the time and trying to make them look at their signed asses ewwwwww!!!

ANYWAY back to more important stuff, Mika seemed even more happy at this gig than Manchester, we were sooo close, the stage was not all that high (sorry for ppl at back), but great for those near front. he grabbed HJ up again (it's HJ's last appearance so we will miss him terribly at Newcastle and Hammersmith, though he did hand over his robes to Mikas promoter ppl so they may use it for someone else...who knows) wish I was a guy now lol.

OOOOO saw Carmel, just behind me, I had been hoping to see her all day so I could see the quilt :thumb_yello: it is awesomness Carmel, loved it, and I gave her a smiley face lighty up badge I bought for her but she lost it about 10 mins later cos the man of many names came with his camera again and I pointed him in the direction of the quilt so while we held it up it must have fell off. Anyway he asked me about it but I went camera shy and dragged Carmel over to explain the quilt, I kinda joined in too cos I was all excited by then lol.

Took some fab piccies on Vix phone (no I lie MINE were poopy but SHE took the good ones lol).

Vix keeps going all tearful when he does "In any Other World" ahhh, me too mind I love that one.

Vix got a great pic of Mika looking a bit demon like lol crouched down right at the frnt of the stage, (I got an action shot of the balloon busrting), she will be uploading the pics probs in the week as she is dancing in a show this afternoon and we have Newcastle tomorrow and she needs some sleep).

Mika gave lots of eye contact to us, and lots of the audience, I love Mikeys lighty up guitar, he gave Martin a signal to do a guitar solo while he got changed, he called Cherrisse an attention seeker lol.

Luke hides behind his keyboards but he makes a great GREY SKELLY (did he get the lyrics btw anyone).

Cherrisse threw her drumstick to Vix it hit her on the forehead and she dropped it cos the lights went out, so we had to almost beg the bouncers for it back cos everyone wanted it lol, but she got it back in the end. She also got a huge balloon but some lady at the end came and asked her for it for a friend who really wanted it who had had a bad time lately so Vix gave her it.

He didn't do the 2nd Relax again

*sad face* but he was soo awesome I had to forgive him lol.

We went to see Palladium and get some pix and have a chat to them in the foyer part (encountered those drunks there and got bothered HE kept trying to pull vix's bee costume up and asked her if she would sting him, she was NOT amused and gave him what for...lol no flies on THAT bumble bee):naughty:

Palladium seem such canny fella's, and the keyboard player remembered Vix and that he had left her a message or something on mysapce. The drummer asked us to come and see them gig too and would we dress up in costume for their gigs too lol. (oh forgot to mention that I was dressed as a snow queen kinda thing.

(not sure if I will dress up again though, cos of what Mika said to Sara bout it).

We were soooo surprised to find out Mika would be doing a signing INDOORS, they made a barrier between us and him and we stood in a long Q.

The man of many names rerecorded it all, Carmel got to give him the Quilt but as she was right at the other end to me I didn't get to see that part *sad face* but at least it got recorded on Mikas video.

Vix gave him her giant heavy lollipop of doom (that could be used as a violent weapon and nearly was with said drunken dude), and he kinda sunk low with it and said "oh my god" lol, she got him to sign my DVD with merry christmas (as its my christmas pressie off her) and I got him to sign HER massive poster of him to Vix lol. (she got a posh sig off him in Manchester with the heart wings and halo, I just got his name but he is a beautiful person to even take the time to do that in my book).

OH the chicken part now........

HJ and Vicky got it out and handed it to him and he said "OH NO no way, I'm NOT taking that I KNOW what that means, your trying to trick me" he was laughing about it though and the man of many names tried to get us to say what it meant and Vix said "go on MFC and find out" and he said "HAH we already know it means sex" :o and I just thought it was all about the love of poultry :mf_rosetinted:

Sara and Freddie spoke to him for a bit at the end of the Q and I need to find out properly what they spoke about the dressing up for his gigs part.

Well that is it, I'm sure there is more but I can't remember it all, vix will remind me of more stuff when she gets back.

OH Freddie, don't forget to get yourself a parmo someday cos you aint lived till you have tasted one lol

ROLL on Monday and Newcastle :punk:

OH PS. forgot to say, during HE we in the front row all started to do the little faces hand movements and he saw us and gave a HUGE smile and joined in, ( I did the mouth) I think he approves.

Good mornin pengu :biggrin2:

"Good god no, I'm not Jordan" :roftl::roftl: that was live for me too,wasn't it? :lol3:

God I love your questions :naughty:

Hello still here, barely, it was really cool that you chose to call me at that time when I asked him, so you got the answer live from his very mouth, ha ha.

can you explain the pun to the dull ones like me?:blink:

please?

:biggrin2:

Rose has this cool new habit of asking Mika random questions

Last night's was : would u turn on the Christmas lights if they asked you?

Mika's answer: Good god no,I'm not Jordan

I was on the phone when she asked ,and was thinking what's goin on.Next thing I know: Mika :lol3:

Hello still here, barely, it was really cool that you chose to call me at that time when I asked him, so you got the answer live from his very mouth, ha ha.

I do seem to have good timing huh?

"hey was that Mika?" :roftl: (*roftl*)

OOOOO saw Carmel in just behind me, I had been hoping to see her all day so I could see the quilt :thumb_yello: it is awesomness Carmel loved it, and I gave her a smiley face lighty up badge i bought fr her but she lost it about 10 mins later cos the man of many names came with his camera again and I pointed him in the direction of the quilt so while we held it up it must have fell off. Anyway he asked me about it but I went camera shy and dragged Carmel over to explain the quilt, I kinda joined in too cos I was all excited by then lol.

:punk:

The lady in front of my found it!

she gave it to me!!

im wearing it now! :biggrin2:

thanks ioana, i understood that...but i cannot catch the meaning of that 'jordan'...sorry......... really cannot see the point, but it's ok, i love reading any report all the same! :wink2:

thank you rak1!

you know Katie Price?

img_3.jpg

she switched names now,she's Jordan

Hi everyone :punk:

Back from Donny.......What a fabulous night!!!

great gig and and great people to be with

I will post more later and some pics from last night.

Can I just say I got a kiss from Mika and he signed my lollipop!!:wub2:

Can't wait for Newcastle!!!

Well done Andi - a kiss :mf_lustslow:

There goes that Mika again, invading everyone's personal space and making them feel uncomfortable with kisses. :sneaky2:

:wink2:

:naughty:

MiKa was absolutely amazing at the dome last night i cant believe how good he was i was so glad i got there very early cz i got a good place to watch..right near the front ! ive seen the live dvd of him at paris where he does the play in a chicken suit but i couldnt stop laughing/smiling when he came on as a croc and shot the bunny, he has an amazing voice i cant believe he want miming either..i am definitely going to the next gig!!:thumb_yello:

Glad you had a great time - welcome to the forum xx

Thanks for your detailed report Sparkly 1 - sounds awesome!!!

thanks a lot ioana, but pls give up...i haven't got yhe faintest idea what you are talking about, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

sparkly1, thanks for yr report!

i don't know about the lyrics, haven't heard about bexxy so far....:shocked:

hope she got my e-mail, but i'n not sure, as she didn't reply to me....

are you meeting her at next gigs maybe?

you could ask her

OH the chicken part now........

HJ and Vicky got it out and handed it to him and he said "OH NO no way, I'm NOT taking that I KNOW what that means, your trying to trick me" he was laughing about it though and the man of many names tried to get us to say what it meant and Vix said "go on MFC and find out" and he said "HAH we already know it means sex" :o and I just thought it was all about the love of poultry :mf_rosetinted:

Sara and Freddie spoke to him for a bit at the end of the Q and I need to find out properly what they spoke about the dressing up for his gigs part.

:blink: I'm very curious about this now!

Thanks for your report. I love all the details, especially the chicken story. Ha! He's lucky to have fans that only want to give him jars of Chicken Tonight instead of having him sign their bare asses. :shocked:

thanks a lot ioana, but pls give up...i haven't got yhe faintest idea what you are talking about, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

Jordan is a singer/TV presenter/model/whatever and she sang a song at the Christmas lights switching ceremony on Oxford/Regent Streets.

I never give up ,I'm annoying :roftl:

but here's a link describing who she is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_(Katie_Price)

I know her, she's Peter Andrés wife... But I wonder what is the connection between her and Christmas lights? :naughty:

Jordan is a singer/TV presenter/model/whatever and she sang a song at the Christmas lights switching ceremony on Oxford/Regent Streets.

i love how you all ran to help an old woman! :naughty:

i'll remember that when i'll have problems in crossing the street! :roftl:

thanks! now it's all clear! :thumb_yello:

:blink: I'm very curious about this now!

Thanks for your report. I love all the details, especially the chicken story. Ha! He's lucky to have fans that only want to give him jars of Chicken Tonight instead of having him sign their bare asses. :shocked:

We talked to Andy about the whole chicken thing yesterday, and he was very amused by it.LOL!

i love how you all ran to help an old woman! :naughty:

i'll remember that when i'll have problems in crossing the street! :roftl:

thanks! now it's all clear! :thumb_yello:

ma no Robby, grazie di aver chiesto! credo nessun italiano sapesse la storia:biggrin2:

We talked to Andy about the whole chicken thing yesterday, and he was very amused by it.LOL!

the whole legend?

carri posted it like this once.....

Right ypu lot - shall explain the mystery of chicken to night to you - being that I am the video submitted and an oldling!!!

One friday night us olides were chatting in our thread - some of us a bit tipsy - the chat got onto the subject of "S*X" - a lot of us had never been on a forum before so didnt know we couldnt type that word in.

So lo and behold the mods appeared and told us to change it - for some reason it became Chicken and then we weont off on the chicken nuggets chicken to night etc.. and it stuck..

We knew that Mika sometimes reads the threads and that he knows some of us oldies - so when he started having the chicken outfit on during the gigis we thought it was rather ironic!

Roll on a few weeks and me and my two kids are due to meet up with other MFCers for the Big Girl Video shoot. Following a discsussion with the oldies it was decisded that our pressie for Mika was to be a fluffy chicken signed from us - do you know hhow difficult to find a fluffy chicken outside of easter season!!

So we duley went to filming and during a break I went up to Mika and gave him the pressie and explained the meaning behind the chicken - he said he had seen some our chats and thought we were mad!! we had a laugh about chicken tonight and I said could he do it to camera for us oldies.

This joking carried on thru the day with Mika singing I feel like chicken tonight whnenever I was unable to access my camera - him with a V knowing cheeky smile - even saying ha - no camera now and singing it!!

When I did have the camera out he woudl say "No not gonna do it now - I know you want to post in on the web!" - as if!!

So at the end of the day when he was singing all our stuff I asked again while I was filming - and that is what you have seen - him V cheekily saying - NO No chicken tonight!!!

For further ref - I wne to the ICA gig on Sunday night. He wore the outfit - I shouted out I fee;l like chicekn tonight - he came over and gave us that Look!!!

Bumped into him on the way out and apologised for my out burst at which point he laughed and said "you really must stop dpoing that!" and then he said my kids were really

cool on the video - espceially my boy Theo!!!

So there you go - the original Chicken meaning and story - does that make me No.1 now?

Carri x x x x x

carri be ready next time andy is around :roftl: :roftl:

ma no Robby, grazie di aver chiesto! credo nessun italiano sapesse la storia:biggrin2:

grazie tesoro...siete tutte così amorevoli con le fan anziane....:wub2:

comunque è vero...sulla cultura spicciola da tv trash è dura essere aggiornati dall'italia...secondo te loro sanno qcs di pippi baudi? :roftl: :roftl:

I wonder if Mika's point is - it used to be A list celebrities

who switched on lights - now its reality show contestants/models etc.

Perhaps he does not see himself in that category :mf_rosetinted:

or he could mean its only for girl with fake boobs...

and he doesnt really see himself in that category :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Hi Rose - think you may have a starring role in the dvd he is making!! :bleh:

Hi Wendi, good to hear from you.

Ha ha, we joked about the whole stalker thing yesterday, now he's my buddy, no more stalkerboy.

Don't quite know how this is going to turn out, little worried that I'll come across as some kind of nutter, although I tried to answer all the questions as normally and honest as possible. Guess it'll all be in the editing.