2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Hi Wendi, good to hear from you.

Ha ha, we joked about the whole stalker thing yesterday, now he's my buddy, no more stalkerboy.

Don't quite know how this is going to turn out, little worried that I'll come across as some kind of nutter, although I tried to answer all the questions as normally and honest as possible. Guess it'll all be in the editing.

You are so sweet and normal (for someone who dresses as a penguin!! :wink2: )

that I think your parts will be fine for the dvd!! I am really looking forward

to seeing it - and there is still London to go as well (not for me though:tears:)

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wendi, good to hear from you.

Ha ha, we joked about the whole stalker thing yesterday, now he's my buddy, no more stalkerboy.

Don't quite know how this is going to turn out, little worried that I'll come across as some kind of nutter, although I tried to answer all the questions as normally and honest as possible. Guess it'll all be in the editing.

Rose, trust me, even in a penguin suit you seem quite normal to me! :thumb_yello:

rose, i think andy is as normal as we are! :naughty::wink2:

and very sensitive towards us, he seriously thinks we are 'positive and intelligent ppl'! (real andy's words)

ahahahhahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ha!

it sounds like you guys had sooooooooo much fun!

i wish i was there! some day ... some day....

i have to say, these are some of the best reports i have

ever read. nice quilt! loved the chicken tonight story!

can't wait til he comes on this side of the pond!:thumb_yello:

My first mika gig and i LOVED it :thumb_yello:

was brilliant fun, hot tho lol :)

Was rght at front with mika infront of me :) me, vix and marc(holy jonny) in HAPPYENDING did the hand-face singing in it and mika saw us and did it back at us with a big grin on his face :winner_first_h4h: Was so cool :) Had such a fantastic time that i will treasure

Was rght at front with mika infront of me :) me, vix and marc(holy jonny) in HAPPYENDING did the hand-face singing in it and mika saw us and did it back at us with a big grin on his face :winner_first_h4h: Was so cool :) Had such a fantastic time that i will treasure

I'm so glad you had a great time! BTW: :welcomeani: to the MFC!!

Oh that's so cute! :roftl:

Glad you had a great time.

Glad you had a great time - welcome :biggrin2:

OH just rememenred something, in the signing Q Mika's manager guy asked HJ if he is gonna start charging for his performances on stage lol, he said "do you think they would pay me " Mikas Manager said "probably not" or something like that so HJ said "no then" and told him it was his last appearance, we offered the robes to him but he declined (no idea why though).:mf_rosetinted:

But hey, you gotta love HJ for leaving on a high, he wanted t go while he still had it, while he was still at the top, you know how it is.

pls angelic and pls andi....stay with us more! :blush-anim-cl:

you WERE there when it all started....:blush-anim-cl:

We were, robertina - Andi and I were in the first wave to join this board! I think Andi has talked to you, more than I have ... Andi and I know each other (nearly 3 years, now!) from another messageboard. She's a great friend, a very genuine person, and it was lovely to see her again last night.

I haven't really deserted this board - I do pop on from time to time.

Someone else (can't remember who, sorry :blush-anim-cl: ) said it was interesting for those of us who've seen Mika and band from earlier in the year because we can compare "then" with "now" - yes, it is. The early shows were also fab, obviously in smaller venues and therefore a lot more intimate. However altho Mika is now moving to slightly larger venues, there's more stage room, so they can put on more of a show.

All the shows I've seen of Mika's have been memorable for different reasons. I especially liked the one at Cockpit in Leeds, in February, because I was right up against the (tiny) stage there, and Mika's shoes (and therefore his legs!) were just inches in front of my face. I would not have had to stretch my arms out, to touch him - but out of respect etc etc, of course we didn't (didn't mean I didn't want to, tho! :wub2: ).

Good times, and I'm sure there will be more to come in the future, wherever we see them all play :punk:

Oh God, you crack me up! Hahahah, this is freaking hilarious!

Picture occasion spoilt! Can he ever make up for that? :sneaky2:

I'm so happy you had SUCH a great time! :thumb_yello:

Well, I still managed to snap a pic!! just pointed the camera up and tried to aim,LOL!

The cfrazy photographer in me always shoots :biggrin2:

Lauren, thanks for your pics! And Sariflor, thanks for your great review! Better than Dusseldorf and Glasgow? :shocked: Ow man... I was at both, apparently I've missed something then... :sneaky2:

Well, it was for ME, but others said they prefered Duss or other gigs.....so it's just a matter of how good each show if for you, depending on where you are and the whole experience I suppose......Like so many things it comes down to personal experience on the day in the end.

Report. (sorry its a bit long!)

snipshotgooodpipofchjechgew.jpg

I must admit...I felt like a complete nutter in it...People were staring LOL.

Then Lollipop started...

I coulnt see very well at this point because the eyes of the mokey costume were steaming up.

I saw Mika a litte bit though...and he was dressed as a Alligator.

THEN...he beconed me up!

I was like...'WHO, ME?!'

I didnt know what to do...because i coulnt see hardly anything and i was soooooooooo(oooo) hot and i was sweating like mad.

So i tried to climb over the barrier... But the costume was sooo baggy and big that it was very difficult. Plus i couldnt see where i was going.

I finally got over the barrier but my leg got stuck LOL so i kinda fell over it (how embarrasing!)

I could only see a blur at this point so i just felt my way to the stage...Mika came down to help pull me up but i didnt see him untill i actually got up!

So there i was stood on stage in front of 1800+ people...i was in a state of shock.

The most people ive ever been in fornt of is like 50 LOL! (the worst thing was...was that it was just the band and me...I felt a right prick!)

i was thinking to myself 'Lauren...DANCE you idiot!!!'

So i did...Very badly.

Mika came over to me and knocked on the eye of my costume and peered in then he hi-fived me.

I felt someone grab and tickle me around my waist LOL (i thaught it was Cherrise or Syranade...So i looked round and saw Martin laughing his head off! Pfffft. LOL.

I just carried carried on dancing.

Then i felt someone bumping me along...so i looked round again..and it was Martin AGAIN! hahaaa

so i just Bumped him back!

Unfortunatly Beth couldnt take any videos or photos of me on stage because... I TOOK THE BLOODY PHONE UP ON STAGE WITH ME! Grrrr.

When the band ran off...i was just stood there..i didnt know where to go...so i just climed back off stage and crawled over the barrier (sorry if i hurt anyone on the way back over!)

Sian came to talk to me after i chatted a little with her...But i was too hot and needed to get outside and get a drink!

when i went outside i thaught to myself...'did that just happen' and had to get Beth to pinch me LOL!

Overall it was a DREAM!

EDIT: did anyone get a photo of me on stage?

Lauren, I loved your report! It's so funny to hear it coming from you and how you viewed it (from inside the suit,hehe)

It was hilarious when you went up there, but I'm not surprised cause your costume was incredible!

Happy for you!!

i've just finished my catching up....WOW!!!!!!!!!

all of you...that must have been fantastic!

sariflor...i agree, just from yr reports....def much better than glasgow!

at least the gig and after....

Funnily enough, after gig was better for me in Glasgow!

Life is strange huh!!

welcome to all newbies!

spread the mika love! join here more and more!

I am doing, I made a friend on utube and showed her the path to righteousness (ie, MFC and now she has joined in the name of Frenchcathy, so all go be nice and say hi to her :biggrin2:

Also spread the word to the security as we spoke to them at the front yesterday and told them by the end of tonight they would think Mika was fab, cos they were not into his music lol, we remembered to ask Oliver (yes we got onto 1st name terms):wink2::naughty: at the end and he said "yeah he was good acctually, it was a really good show" or words to that effect lol.

also a guy in front of us b4 it all started with a bbc neckband thing holding his huge camera said he was here to review the "lighting" lol, I told him the lighting was awesome I especially love the start where sara pops out of the balloon and does the angel thing. Hmmm he moved away pretty soon cos I think he got bonked on the head too much by waving wands and glow sticks too much lol.

canny chap though, asked if we were gonna party afterwards and I said "I wish".

Well, I still managed to snap a pic!! just pointed the camera up and tried to aim,LOL!

The cfrazy photographer in me always shoots :biggrin2:

Well, it was for ME, but others said they prefered Duss or other gigs.....so it's just a matter of how good each show if for you, depending on where you are and the whole experience I suppose......Like so many things it comes down to personal experience on the day in the end.

Lauren, I loved your report! It's so funny to hear it coming from you and how you viewed it (from inside the suit,hehe)

It was hilarious when you went up there, but I'm not surprised cause your costume was incredible!

Happy for you!!

Funnily enough, after gig was better for me in Glasgow!

Life is strange huh!!

i agree completely...it depends on HOW we experience the gig...anyone of us feels differently and this is good!

and more...mika's gigs are always something special, for someone more for someone less, but there is always someone giving us the thrill with her/his report!

thank you all! :thumb_yello:

We were, robertina - Andi and I were in the first wave to join this board! I think Andi has talked to you, more than I have ... Andi and I know each other (nearly 3 years, now!) from another messageboard. She's a great friend, a very genuine person, and it was lovely to see her again last night.

I haven't really deserted this board - I do pop on from time to time.

Someone else (can't remember who, sorry :blush-anim-cl: ) said it was interesting for those of us who've seen Mika and band from earlier in the year because we can compare "then" with "now" - yes, it is. The early shows were also fab, obviously in smaller venues and therefore a lot more intimate. However altho Mika is now moving to slightly larger venues, there's more stage room, so they can put on more of a show.

All the shows I've seen of Mika's have been memorable for different reasons. I especially liked the one at Cockpit in Leeds, in February, because I was right up against the (tiny) stage there, and Mika's shoes (and therefore his legs!) were just inches in front of my face. I would not have had to stretch my arms out, to touch him - but out of respect etc etc, of course we didn't (didn't mean I didn't want to, tho! :wub2: ).

Good times, and I'm sure there will be more to come in the future, wherever we see them all play :punk:

Hi Angelic - I remember you from the T Total thread I

think :biggrin2: And I have spoken to Andi on here and on myspace etc :biggrin2:

i agree completely...it depends on HOW we experience the gig...anyone of us feels differently and this is good!

and more...mika's gigs are always something special, for someone more for someone less, but there is always someone giving us the thrill with her/his report!

thank you all! :thumb_yello:

True!! We're not droids or clones after all!!

:roftl::roftl::roftl: