MIKA in Chicago, IL - House of Blues

dcdeb

I'm going to wear layers and hopefully not have to wear my really heavy coat. I'll probably end up doing that in the end though, cos I am always cold natured. lol

It's the wind that really gets you... I mean it makes everything a million times worse.

:( If it were up to mika, he wouldn't want us waiting outside...and if it snows, DEAR GOD HELP US lol... I think I'll bring an umbrella...

'

I can't stress ear muffs enough:shocked: They really help :P

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the wind that really gets you... I mean it makes everything a million times worse.

:( If it were up to mika, he wouldn't want us waiting outside...and if it snows, DEAR GOD HELP US lol... I think I'll bring an umbrella...

'

I can't stress ear muffs enough:shocked: They really help :P

Hopefully it won't snow to bad for driving. We think we would wait out in the snow just to meet Mika. Hopefully he will have a meet and greet to sign autographs and take pictures!!!

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

This thread will not fall!

Let me take you guys back to the last time Mika was in "The Chi..."

I woke up, newly free from a prison I like to call school...It was glorious waking up at 11 in the morning with nothing to do but smile. I had good reason to smile. It was the day my life would change. I didn't know it at the time, but in 12 hours Mika would put his arms around me and freeze time in a single snap shot.

I went to have my breakfast, a bowl of cereal. I skipped out on snacks and lunch...Why? Because when I'm super excited, I can't eat! I didn't feel the hunger, just the excitment. So, I took my time getting ready. Everything was handled so carefully and gently. I took a long bath, smiling the whole way through. I did my hair while listening to Mika's music. I put on my makeup, sat around...looked at the clock... thought about alot of things. Finally, it was time to go. We got to the station and parking was impossible to find. Time was running out and I had no idea where my cousin was. We almost had to drive into the city (AGAINST RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC:shocked: ) BUT, my some miracle we made it onto the platform. This would be one of many miracles to occur that day. There were no seats on the train, we had to stand. Me in my pretty outfit, standing and shaking with excitment. There was a baby in a stroller, she knew something lol. She kept looking up at me, grabbing my skirt. *sigh* she could sense the new life about to emerge into my veins.

We got off of the train and made our way to the venue, by car (my brother in law)...The line was OK, not toooooo long...but not where I wanted to be. Anyways, my sister forced me to eat some french fries and I did. They tasted like nothing. I didn't care. I waited and thought...worried about what spots we would get etc...

They split the lines into boys and girls, and we got in. Surprisingly, people were just chilling out in the lobby...no hurry or rush to get in...So I pushed my way through to the stage area. I don't remember how anything looked lol. I was only there for Mika. But I ended up getting like the 3rd row which was cool. Only, tall people took up alot of space. I was agrivated and really grumpy because of that.

To top it off, it took Sarah (you remember sarah, "I'm not gonna write you a love song!") so long to come out...like an hour. Than we waited for Mika for like 45 minutes more. The music would get louder and we would get hyped... no mika. The crowd got restless, and started chanting his name. "MIKA MIKA MIKA..."

I wonder what he was thinking, when he was waiting backstage. Maybe he was nervous or unsure of things. chicago is a tough city you know...maybe he was afraid of what he'd find. I think he knew how much we loved him, when we started chanting. I can see him smiling behind the curtain. Sighing a sigh a relief and excitment. About 4 minutes after we started chanting 9 to 5 started playing LOUD and the lights started to twirl. I knew it was about to happen, and I couldn't control myself. Mika was going to be within feet of me. Not some illusion or a youtube version...THE REAL THING. On this night he didn't belong to LONDON or PARIS or NYC...He was CHICAGOS! I prepared myself to see him, because it was so surreal to me that he was actually going to be standing in front of me in all his beautiful glory.

And there he was... A figure clothed in a red hoody jumping up and down...We all united in that breath of life he gave us...when he screamed into the microphone during RELAX.

One of the first things I noticed was all the glitter he was wearing...Than, when he spoke It seemed like his voice was way gentler than I thought it would be...very delicate and careful (I suppose he was saving it)

To be continued...

share your memories too...

100_0278-1.jpg

100_0362.jpg

100_0368-1.jpg

100_0369-1.jpg

100_0420.jpg

100_0832-3.jpg

Well, here is my take on that night. It's what I wrote and put into my Concert Book.

Katherine and I arrived at the Metro between 2:30pm-3:00pm.

There were only about 11 people in front of us, which was a big relief since the show was general admission. We managed to meet mel tinydancer (Melissa),Suzy, Unicornmom and her son Matthew. Being able to chat with them made the time go by much faster while we waited in line.

I was able to get Cherisse’s autograph, which was completely

unexpected! Nobody in line seemed to know who she was except me

and Melissa. I told Cherisse that I drove 6 hours to see her and that

this was my first show. She said that was great and to have fun. She

was so nice!

Not long after that, a white van drove up while I was sitting on the ground. I looked at it, wondering if anyone important might be inside of it. I should have stepped out of line to get closer, because when I looked over there again, I heard someone (Suzy) say “Hi Mika!” I could see extremely colorful shoes underneath all of the people that were standing. When I stood up, all I could see was brown, curly hair! I was disappointed I didn’t get to see the middle section of Mika, but it was cool to know he was inside!

All of us were also able to hear his sound check, which was really cool!!! We heard him singing “Relax (Take It Easy)” and “Love Today.” It made us even more excited to get inside the club! I could feel the excitement in me getting more intense, as hearing him made it all the more real that I would be seeing him in just a few hours...

Christopher and Tim didn‘t arrive until 5 minutes ‘til the doors opened. It was extremely stressful, because Kath and I were set on getting a good spot but we had the boys‘ tickets. Eventually, we got in there and our spots were perfect. We were to the left of the stage and I was “Second row” directly behind Suzy and her husband. My view was great!

It didn’t take long for Sara Bareilles to open the show. She gave

a nice little set and I think the crowd enjoyed her a lot. I thought she

was pretty good, but I’m generally not a huge fan of music like hers.

After she left, I became really impatient and wanted the show to start! I hadn’t been impatient at all up until that point, but the concert was so close to really starting and all I wanted was to finally see Mika for myself! They played lots of fun songs while we waited like “Raspberry Beret, ” “9 To 5” and a hip hop version of “My Favorite Things.” Then, finally, the lights went down…

Everyone but Mika came out and we were all going wild at this

point. Mika then came running out in a red hoodie and tight white

pants. He also had tons of glitter on his face and neck. I think that drove the girls even more wild, if that is even possible. Everyone in the club was cheering hysterically! The performance of “Relax, Take It Easy” really set the pace for the night. Mika simply oozed of energy and he never came down from the high that he seemed to be on!

n15932359_37097576_445.jpg

I think one reason that Mika was so pumped was because of the crowd’s reaction to him. It almost seemed as though he was pleasantly surprised by our reception of him. He told us that there wasn’t any place that he would rather be that night. We all, of course, loved him for saying that!

n15932359_37097651_5565.jpg

His performance of Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) was really fun too! I went crazy when he was playing with his braces during it. He brought the two Big Girls on stage at that point too and everyone was bouncing up and down while singing the lyrics!

n15932359_37097579_1297.jpg

One of the biggest highlights of the show was when Mika took his shirt off during “Love Today.” All the girls went crazy, including myself. When I saw him running around shirtless, I began to jump up and down screaming….I soon felt a firm hand on my left shoulder, which belonged to Chris. Oops.

Also his covers of I Want You Back and Sweet Dreams were so much fun. His dancing during those songs was so much fun and he looked so cute. I was lucky that he was on my side of the stage when he really shook it during the guitar section of Sweet Dreams. :D

n15932359_37097578_1034.jpg

The encore was something extra special too. Quite a few people, including the people that came with me, didn’t know that the band does the show in animal costumes. So it was pretty hilarious when they came out. I think everyone had the same expression, which said “What the heck?”

It was also during the encore that they started throwing huge balloons out to the crowd, as well as blowing bubbles and confetti all over us. It was madness! I wish I hadn’t been preoccupied with trying to give Mika my gift, though, because I was able to fully enjoy everything that was going on. It was tons of fun, even still. What a great end to a fantastic show!

I think all of us were worn out. Since we were worn out, we couldn’t believe how Mika must have felt. All of us were sweaty and tired, but we wanted to wait to meet him. Chris said the best way to describe Mika live is that he is “Like a bunny rabbit on crack!” Haha.

After the show, all of my group, Suzy, and Ryan went to the bar next door to wait for the band. We waited for about an hour and then she eventually had a gut feeling that we should wait outside. Thank goodness she said something, because he came out only a few minutes later when we went back outside!!!

We got in line to get autographs and were fairly close to the front. It was so kind of him to sign and take pictures with us. We were all so grateful! While we waited I was very excited, but I wasn’t very nervous. I was the first to go!

n15932359_36287537_3220.jpg

My conversation with him went as follows:

Mika: Look at this, I love the braces!

Me: You do?! He (my friend Tim) was making fun of me for wearing them!

Tim: I wasn't making fun of her! Okay, maybe I was making fun of her!

Mika: Don't make fun of her! Don't make fun....

Me: (hands Mika gift) Here, I made this for you. It took me a long time, so I hope you will put it above your mantelpiece. (I was joking!)

Mika: I love that....it's brilliant....thank you, I love that...

Me: Will you sign this for me?

Mika: What's your name?

Me: Amanda

Me: Oh, and we drove 6 1/2 hours to see you!

Mika: Where do you live?

Me: Missouri.

Mika: f**k

Me: You really need to come to Missouri next time, cos this driving 6 hours thing is not working for me! (joking again)

Mika (and his manager): Next fall. Next fall.

n15932359_36287536_3006.jpg

I am so thankful that Chris got this meeting on tape, as now I can watch it over and over again! It truly was unbelievable how easy it was to meet him. I am also in disbelief that I was able to give him my gift and that he liked it so much. We are very hopeful that we will get to meet him again next time, as he is very good to his fans. I cannot wait for the next tour and for all of the exciting things to come!

But I ended up getting like the 3rd row which was cool. Only, tall people took up alot of space. I was agrivated and really grumpy because of that.

I'm a tall person and "take up a lot of space" as you say. We can't help that we're tall just as you can't help that you're short.

OMG!!! Your stories are excellent! Hopefully we'll have an excellent stories of meeting him. We hope we will get to meet him. We'll just follow the other MFCers. Do we go around back? How long we wonder do we have to wait for him to come out? Our mom let us order two rosettes to wear so we're happy about that. Just think about meeting him is so intense and gets us all excited. We wonder what he or us would say to one another. "Hi Mika! We're Megan and Haley Meyer and we're 21 year old twins. We adore YOU to the extremes!!!!!!! TeeHee.

Can't wait to meet all of you guys. We told our cousin yesterday that 17 people are going and she was like "So we're going to have to meet everyone" and we were like "YES OF COURSE!" We were also talking about taking a pic of all of us and maybe Mika would be in it. Our mom said to her "You going to get in the pic?" and our cousin was like "Umm no". Our mom also said "I can order 3 rosettes." and our cousin said "You can just buy two". When we left our LICM in her car she said that she was jamming to it and we said that she was busted. TeeHee!

Meyer Twins

Haley and Megan, I am so excited for you two. There will be a moment, when you turn to your cousin and will without a doubt find her smiling ear to ear.His concerts are known to make hardcore fans out of people...She'll have a blast, and than you can say... "I told you so!"

I'm about to write my part two :)

OMG!!! Your stories are excellent! Hopefully we'll have an excellent stories of meeting him. We hope we will get to meet him. We'll just follow the other MFCers. Do we go around back? How long we wonder do we have to wait for him to come out? Our mom let us order two rosettes to wear so we're happy about that. Just think about meeting him is so intense and gets us all excited. We wonder what he or us would say to one another. "Hi Mika! We're Megan and Haley Meyer and we're 21 year old twins. We adore YOU to the extremes!!!!!!! TeeHee.

Can't wait to meet all of you guys. We told our cousin yesterday that 17 people are going and she was like "So we're going to have to meet everyone" and we were like "YES OF COURSE!" We were also talking about taking a pic of all of us and maybe Mika would be in it. Our mom said to her "You going to get in the pic?" and our cousin was like "Umm no". Our mom also said "I can order 3 rosettes." and our cousin said "You can just buy two". When we left our LICM in her car she said that she was jamming to it and we said that she was busted. TeeHee!

Meyer Twins

Mika was beautiful. I remember feeling so small looking up at him... he's lean, but NOT skeletel. I was surprised at his frame, it was very much masculine and divine.

He sparkled from head to toe.... He jumped around like there was no tomorrow. I believe after relax, big girls came on and it was incredible fun! I loved when him and mikey started shaking their bums at the audience. It was hilarious! Everytime he would come toward my section, screams would break out from all of the girls. No one could take their eyes off of him...not even girls boyfriends lol.

He is definatley born to perform!

I remember getting emotional during two songs: Any other World and happy Ending. Just being there among other fans singing back to him...EVERY SINGLe WORD... during happy ending, it was amazing how the voices united "Little bit of love!" he was soo happy to watch us and listen to us sing his songs back to him.

Love today was the climax of the gig...and from there on, people were sort of on this indescribably high. When he started to pound on those drums, no one could take their eyes off of him... his presence was so strong and genuine. It was just plain SEXY! Man, woman... everyone stopped and and stared at him...like he was a work of art. He was, he really was.

After that, Grace Kelly started up. I consider this song my anthem, so I just let loose and sang my heart out yelling at the cynical world right along with my hero.

He ran off stage, and I believe chants started to rise. We wanted more of him! He came out, the lollipop teddy bear picnic...and I knew what to expect from youtube videos...but nothing compares to actually seeing a huge plushy cow waving its utters at the crowd:roftl: It was so much fun. I knew it would end soon, because lollipop is the finale... I wasn't ready to let him go, but still I tried to enjoy the time left. Balloons, confetti and bubbles filled the air...When the confetti exploded, I could barely see Mika up on stage. People were like little kids again, jumping to catch balloons and getting lost in the rainbow abyss of color. I had never experienced anything like it.

Than it was time for him to go and he said "Thank you! Good night!" throwing balloons to the audience. I tried to watch him leave, but it was really hard to see amongst the flying arms.

I knew it was time to head back to my sister and cousin who by now were about 2 yards away from me... yes, I had jumped that far away from them lol...

I knelt down to the ground, and picked up a handful of confetti putting it in my pocket. I didn't want to forget it...and I thought it would serve as my only memory. I was wrong...pleasantly surprised:wink2:

to be continued...

Mika was beautiful. I remember feeling so small looking up at him... he's lean, but NOT skeletel. I was surprised at his frame, it was very much masculine and divine.

He sparkled from head to toe.... He jumped around like there was no tomorrow. I believe after relax, big girls came on and it was incredible fun! I loved when him and mikey started shaking their bums at the audience. It was hilarious! Everytime he would come toward my section, screams would break out from all of the girls. No one could take their eyes off of him...not even girls boyfriends lol.

He is definatley born to perform!

I remember getting emotional during two songs: Any other World and happy Ending. Just being there among other fans singing back to him...EVERY SINGLe WORD... during happy ending, it was amazing how the voices united "Little bit of love!" he was soo happy to watch us and listen to us sing his songs back to him.

Love today was the climax of the gig...and from there on, people were sort of on this indescribably high. When he started to pound on those drums, no one could take their eyes off of him... his presence was so strong and genuine. It was just plain SEXY! Man, woman... everyone stopped and and stared at him...like he was a work of art. He was, he really was.

After that, Grace Kelly started up. I consider this song my anthem, so I just let loose and sang my heart out yelling at the cynical world right along with my hero.

He ran off stage, and I believe chants started to rise. We wanted more of him! He came out, the lollipop teddy bear picnic...and I knew what to expect from youtube videos...but nothing compares to actually seeing a huge plushy cow waving its utters at the crowd:roftl: It was so much fun. I knew it would end soon, because lollipop is the finale... I wasn't ready to let him go, but still I tried to enjoy the time left. Balloons, confetti and bubbles filled the air...When the confetti exploded, I could barely see Mika up on stage. People were like little kids again, jumping to catch balloons and getting lost in the rainbow abyss of color. I had never experienced anything like it.

Than it was time for him to go and he said "Thank you! Good night!" throwing balloons to the audience. I tried to watch him leave, but it was really hard to see amongst the flying arms.

I knew it was time to head back to my sister and cousin who by now were about 2 yards away from me... yes, I had jumped that far away from them lol...

I knelt down to the ground, and picked up a handful of confetti putting it in my pocket. I didn't want to forget it...and I thought it would serve as my only memory. I was wrong...pleasantly surprised:wink2:

to be continued...

That is great Melanie! We want to hear more. You should use this story for the yearbook next year. By the way, has anyone fixed the link to that because our dad wanted to buy that for us for Christmas.

It is weird that you said the confetti because we were just thinking about that. I was think about packing a ziplock bag in my purse to scoop some up. That would be cool to get a balloon.

Can't wait to see you all there!!! We hope we'll all get to meet him and get our pics with him. Could you imagine getting a huge group photo of all of us MFCers and him. That would truely be something to remember.

Meyer Twins

I have to write lollipopmonkey about it...but It should be up for the new year...lets hope.

Oh and I definatley think, that if he is able and in good spirits (why wouldn't he be?) that he will stay to sign autographs. I hear that there is an area by the restrooms where artists will stay with the fans. It will be freezing, so I'm pretty sure that's how it will go

I forgot to say in my earlier post that after mika left the stage, my boyfriend caught a huge blue balloon and as we were walking out a guy offered Chris $40 for it. He said "No, sorry, this is for my girlfriend." I said "WHAT!" Chris, take the money! What will I do with a huge balloon?" So he said okay to the guy. The guy then said "Well, I'm not sure now. How about $20?"

....so Chris ending up getting $20 for a huge balloon....LOL

I think cameras are still restricted simply because of a long-term rule that's been enforced. They used to be restricted because artists didn't want people to sell their pictures. Now that's a bit impossible because of technology. I've also heard that flashes hurt artists' eyes, but flashes aren't necessary all of the time because of digital cameras.

Sp yeah, I think it's a dumb rule. LOL

I think cameras are still restricted simply because of a long-term rule that's been enforced. They used to be restricted because artists didn't want people to sell their pictures. Now that's a bit impossible because of technology. I've also heard that flashes hurt artists' eyes, but flashes aren't necessary all of the time because of digital cameras.

Sp yeah, I think it's a dumb rule. LOL

Yeah we figured it was something like that. We know that the flashes can hurt an artists eyes but flashes are not necessary. We've also heard about the selling aspect.

Thanks!

Meyer Twins

I'm still seriously considering taking my camera. I've never gotten caught before, so....who knows..

i did until someone posted that you can get kicked out if they see you using it... if i got kicked out i would seriously want to die :no: i'd rather that just not happen :naughty:

i did until someone posted that you can get kicked out if they see you using it... if i got kicked out i would seriously want to die :no: i'd rather that just not happen :naughty:

Yeah we were thinking of bringing our camera to until someone posted that you could get kicked out and that would be totally bad. What about camera phones though??? Our cousin has one.

What if we all make a pact that if anyone gets a photo of him in concert that they will email everyone MFCer that wants a copy. TeeHee.

Love Love

Meyer Twins

Yeah we were thinking of bringing our camera to until someone posted that you could get kicked out and that would be totally bad. What about camera phones though??? Our cousin has one.

What if we all make a pact that if anyone gets a photo of him in concert that they will email everyone MFCer that wants a copy. TeeHee.

Love Love

Meyer Twins

if one of the people that's coming with me manages to sneak a camera in and get pictures i would share them with everybody and especially you guys!!!