• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm excited for two reasons:

1. It's the first time I'm seeing Mika.

2. My husband and daughters will be with me.

I never let my girls miss school, but this will be an exception.

My oldest daughter is not a Mika fan "yet". I'm sure she will be once she sees him. She mostly listens to techno/club (?) type music. She often talks with a couple of the DJs on a major radio station, and I'm trying to convince her to push Mika, to them.

We do hope to get to the show early, but I worry about the weather conditions.

My oldest daughter is not a Mika fan "yet". I'm sure she will be once she sees him. She mostly listens to techno/club (?) type music. She often talks with a couple of the DJs on a major radio station, and I'm trying to convince her to push Mika, to them.

the first time i saw mika i started bawling it was actually quite embarassing but i just couldn't stop the tears:blush-anim-cl: it's just after looking at pictures and videos he seems too good to be true and then you see him jump out on that stage and it overwhelmed me with happiness :wub2:

anyways it's a good idea to bring others so that they can see how amazing he is:thumb_yello: i brought my sister and now i'll hear her walking down the hallway singing love love me love love me :naughty:

That is cool that you all are going! We're bringing our cousin who is 27 and she doesn't really like Mika but think that is going to change.

This is going to be our first Mika concert and we know we are going to have a fab time!

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

the first time i saw mika i started bawling it was actually quite embarassing but i just couldn't stop the tears:blush-anim-cl: it's just after looking at pictures and videos he seems too good to be true and then you see him jump out on that stage and it overwhelmed me with happiness :wub2:

It's funny that you say that because my daughter asked if I was going to cry when I see him and I said "Of course not! Well, at least I don't think I will."

That is cool that you all are going! We're bringing our cousin who is 27 and she doesn't really like Mika but think that is going to change.

This is going to be our first Mika concert and we know we are going to have a fab time!

Meyer Twins

It's amazing how Mika's music can address many ages.

Part 3 MEETING MY MUSE

So, as were walking down the stairs to the exit, I felt my legs so shaky and my heart so... I dunno how to describe it. You know when you're alseep, and you feel yourself falling but suddenly you wake up and you realize its all ok... there's that moment of relief and your heart slows down. That's how it was. My heart slowed down... I tried to talk...but my voice was gone lol. I managed to get it back after a little while.

My sister right away flipped open her cell to check the time. She said, "well we can try to stay for a little while and see if he comes out..." I was like "OK!" and so we waited by the entrance, because there was no other way for him to leave... as we waited, I saw his entire band and lorna come out and I thought "Ok, well there's no reason for him to stay in there so long..." Than, I saw his mother exit the venue. I whispered to my family "awww that's his mommy..." and everyone went "awwww." She was wearing a blue dress (I think) and her hair was pulled up in a bun... she was very smiley and huggable lol. She got into a cab and started talking to the driver...I can imagine what she was saying:bleh: "YEah, my son just performed here... It's his first time in Chicago." *sigh*

Than, his sister Yasmine came out...She was wearing white jean capris (cuffed) and a pink silky top...very bohemian sandals and pink nail polish to match them...Her hair was pulled into a loose bun as well, and I remember how stunning she was. Her hair, so dark and her skin so lovely and fair. She smiled alot and had that wide eyed look her brother has...very interactive with her eyes. She had a camera around her neck. I wanted to cry, because I realized how special it must have been for his family to be there witnessing his rise to stardom in a place he'd never been to before. I thought to myself " He wants to keep these memories just like I do...It's a special night for us both." I watched her closely, because she was fascinating lol...She went to the door of the venue and carefully pulled off the sign that read something to the effect of "Mika @ the metro 6/11/07"... and she folded it up and went with a huge grin on her face...The guy next to her waiting in line was like "Oh can you give me that one please?" He was talking about a second sign on the door that read the same thing and she gladly pulled it off and gave it to him....So happy ,so thrilled to see such a kind reception. At that point I think we had been waiting for like an hour...and if we didn't leave in the next minute, we would miss our train... I PRAYED SO HARD FOR A MIRACLE... My sister's fiance showed up at the venue and was like " You guys already missed your train, even if you left now it wouldn't matter. Let me drive you guys home..." She talked to her fiance in private, as my cousin and I waited. Mandy's legs were hurting her and I was just scared out of my mind of missing the opportunity to meet with him. As she was walking back, I thought "Oh no, we have to go!" I was like "Oh ok...lets just go :( ) and she said, "No, we can stay. Rudy's taking us home." A smile illuminated my face, and suddenly I realized that I wasn't going anywhere tonight.

It started getting serious...Security was gearing up for Mika's appearance...They tried to form us into a line...It ended up being two lines on either side of the doors. The line opposite of us was for the most part DRUNK and RUDE lol ( That was a miracle!) so the security at the last minute was like " NO NO, YOU GUYS GET BEHIND THEM..." So we formed one big line since everyone had to get behind US. Which meant, I was SECOND TO MEET MIKA. The moments leading up to his coming out of the venue are blurry, but I remember a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach...at the same time though : I WAS READY FOR THIS... i knew that no matter how things turned out, atleast I would get a pic with him and that thought made me so calm.

Its amazing to me how calm I was before he came out... The security gaurd spoke to someone through his talkie and than whispered to us " I just got word. He's coming down the stairs..."

MIKA was coming down the stairs! the stairs two feet away from me! THIS WAS IT... NOTHING COULD STOP ME NOW... I WOULD BE SHARING THE SAME SPACE WITH MY BELOVED HERO.

I tried to compose myself...thinking "OK, you are confident...you are strong and this is going to go well..." I fixed myself up a little bit... adjusting my skirt and my hair:bleh: ... I looked to my right at my once tired and groggy cousin, and her eyes were in shock... she was probably thinking "wow this girl actually pulled it off." We all fumbled with our cameras...I passed it off to my sister, who was a little nervous lol...only when she is nervous she sort of gets all:shocked: and unable to think. I PRAYED THAT THE PICS WOULD COME OUT GOOD BECAUSE ALL NIGHT THE PICS HAD BEEN KINDA BLURRY...

So, I looked through the door, and saw a pink sleeve!...THIS HAD TO BE MIKA... I pulled back, and got the full picture:mf_lustslow:

I cannot describe this moment and do it justice. It was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. There was this guy, a foreigner...not knowing anyone in the line really... smiling ear to ear running his finers through his hair...waving happily at us. I think people did their "wooohooos" when he came out, but I didn't notice... I just smiled up at him... It surprised me how calm I was. I tried to be cool about it, to avoid looking like a fool gaping at him...So I smiled and he DEFINATLEY smiled back.

At this point I couldn't think about too much. I was just trying to be in the moment. I couldn't believe that his eyes were on mine and that I was really that close to him.

He went to take a pic with the first set of girls and I waited behind the pic. taker. I was to her right, and I remember feeling so incredibly calm looking at him... I tilted my head...as if I were looking at art work...with this smile of contentment and I know there was love, adoration and appreciation in my eyes. As I gave him that look, I saw his eyes flicker right before the flash went off... There was a moment: We exchanged our gratitute toward one another in that single second... He looked back at me and had this look: Like he was tickled by how calm and at peace I was... and how genuine my happiness was. Everything around me was sort of chaotic, and I just tried to remember him forever in the midst of it all.

They finshed that up and IT WAS MY TURN:shocked: ... As I went to him, I said a great big. "HI!" and through my purse on the floor. My sister, not giving me a chance to say much said, "Mika, she's your biggest fan." He looked at me for a confirmation lol... and was smiling wide eyed... He was so beautiful when I looked up at him, so appreciative... I said, "IT's true...I am."

What else could I say?:roftl:

So the two of us moved away from the line... and I asked him to sign my CD... He was very slow and precise...Like he wanted it to last...I didn't mind that one bit... He asked where I wanted him to sign (not sure if that's a common question lol or if he was just killing time) He said, " Do you want me to sign on the inside?" I was like " Uh...yeah sure!" his voice was so sweet and gentle... He than asked me, "Whats your name?" I told him "Melanie..." and he repeated it to me "Melanie?" ME: "uh huh..."

GIRLS I HAVE NEVER HEARD MY NAME SOUND SO BEAUTIFUL... IT WAS THE SWEETEST SOUND IN THE WORLD...

He said... "M-E-L??"

Me: "A-N-I-E"

It seemed like he was writing forever. The entire moment seemed to last forever... Than he handed it back I said Thankyou, and asked him if he minded taking a pic with me... " Sure!"

So, we geared up for the pic. There was no hesitation in our mannerisms...I wrapped one arm around his back, and I felt the weight of his arm over by shoulders. It was the most amazing moment of the night...The climax...the moment where all the dreams came true. Feeling his arm around me: Knowing that it was Mika himself right next to me. No one else in time had his attention on them...JUST ME...FOR A MOMENT, IT WAS JUST HE AND I... I must have radiated joy because I heard a collective "awww" from the crowd. When the time came to let go, I said thankyou to him as I moved my hand slowly from his back... It was so soft, and so firm... I just tried to enjoy it and he looked back at me smiling with his arm leaving my shoulder saying " Oh your welcome!"

I smiled and ran back to my purse... My cousin was next to get her ticket signed and the whole time I was there staring at him smiling... My sis took the pic of the two of them while I was at her side... Once again we met eyes and I smiled at him sweetly... Than, it was time for us to go and he had moved on to the next fan...signing things. My sister went first to pass him putting her hand on his shoulder saying with a wink "Thankyou for coming to Chicago mika..." I was behind her nodding lovingly...with that smile on my face... As he answered her, he looked at me and said " OH! It was my pleasure!"...Than she said bye and I followed her with a "Bye Mika..." and smiling quite cutely at him... He completely stopped what he was doing and gave me a huge giggly grin saying "bye!" with that wide, attentive...thoughtful look in his eyes.

to be continued

As I left him, I kept looking back at him... just trying to get one more look...

When we got to the car, I felt sick lol...that happens to me after something great and life changing happens. My sister immediatley called my mom" MOM! Melanie wants to tell you something..."

"MOMMY I MET MIKA!"

Mom: "AWWWW you did?!"

She was so happy for me and I couldn't really say much...but I started to cry a little bit because It was so incredibly wonderful knowing that I met my idol.

I sat back and looked at the pictures... reliving the moments over and over again until they were embedded within my mind.

I went home and slept beautifully. The next day was crazy lol...I just kept reliving it over and over again...There were moments where I would just stop in the middle of my dining room and say "OH MY GOD! I MET MIKA!"... SUCH AN INCREDIBLE HIGH THAT I MISS SO MUCH...

I thought it would be ages before I saw him again, but it turned out to be closer than I thought...NYC was calling me...

file-4.jpg

100_0396-2.jpg

l_3071878b0da260b023a5cd4674bd3e-3.jpg

100_0394-3.jpg

100_0398-4.jpg

100_0399-4.jpg

100_0400-4.jpg

It's funny that you say that because my daughter asked if I was going to cry when I see him and I said "Of course not! Well, at least I don't think I will."

i had NO idea i was going to start crying especially not that much:naughty: i just got this sick feeling when the crowd started chanting 'mika mika mika mika' and then the music started and i was :shocked: i still didn't know how i was going to react but once he came out there was no stopping it lol :blush-anim-cl: i've never cried from being happy before until mika :biggrin2: i don't think i'll cry next time since i've already seen him for the first time though

i had NO idea i was going to start crying especially not that much:naughty: i just got this sick feeling when the crowd started chanting 'mika mika mika mika' and then the music started and i was :shocked: i still didn't know how i was going to react but once he came out there was no stopping it lol :blush-anim-cl: i've never cried from being happy before until mika :biggrin2: i don't think i'll cry next time since i've already seen him for the first time though

I know I will cry when he sings "smile like you mean it..." I had a special message for him in that card I had Suzy give him:blush-anim-cl: ... He'll remember what I said no doubt.

Wow! That was a great story Melanie. We hope we get to meet Mika soooooo much. Can't wait to see you all there. We checked our order status for our rosettes and they are in MD. Can't wait to get them so we can wear them to the concert. We can't believe it is coming up so soon. We're going to be shaking so bad because we always do that when excited.

Meyer Twins

Girls you'll be doing alot more than shaking:wink2:

When you are there, its totally different than what you expect... or what you prepare yourself for...

My advice would be to be in every single moment... don't worry about meeting him...just live in that moment.

I think you guys are gonna cry lol... because its been a long time coming for you to meet him and see him live for that matter. Don't worry though, I'll be right there with you tearing up:blush-anim-cl:

Girls you'll be doing alot more than shaking:wink2:

When you are there, its totally different than what you expect... or what you prepare yourself for...

My advice would be to be in every single moment... don't worry about meeting him...just live in that moment.

I think you guys are gonna cry lol... because its been a long time coming for you to meet him and see him live for that matter. Don't worry though, I'll be right there with you tearing up:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks Melanie. We'll keep that in mind. We'll probably scream our lungs out but it will be worth it. We're trying to think about what time we should stand outside. We think we should all wear at least something small to get reconised as MFCers so we all can say hi and chat. We'll be wearing rosettes but we don't know about anyone else. We don't know a lot of your first names really.

Meyer Twins

YEah I'm ordering a rossette too...

It's not that I'm not proud to be a member here, it's just I do want to be comfortable... When that 3 degree wind hits you, it's sort of hard to think of looking good.

So, I'm gonna dress clubbish/normal... grey skinny jeans, heels...the usual for me:roftl: and stuff with sparkle..you know like those little retro feather peices for your hair

14058036_40_b.jpg

$18 at urbanoutfitters.com

I like doing something vintage with alot of class...but also incoorperating ease and comfort..most of all fun!

YEah I'm ordering a rossette too...

It's not that I'm not proud to be a member here, it's just I do want to be comfortable... When that 3 degree wind hits you, it's sort of hard to think of looking good.

So, I'm gonna dress clubbish/normal... grey skinny jeans, heels...the usual for me:roftl: and stuff with sparkle..you know like those little retro feather peices for your hair

14058036_40_b.jpg

$18 at urbanoutfitters.com

I like doing something vintage with alot of class...but also incoorperating ease and comfort..most of all fun!

Wow that sounds like a cool outfit Melanie! We don't know what we are going to wear yet. Would like to have a Mika shirt to wear with our rosettes but we don't know yet.

As for people knowing our names they are: Megan and Haley Meyer

Or you can call us Meyer Twins or "Hey Twins" if you see us. "Twin" was always what we got called in high school. We know Melanie, Amanda, and norwalk is Megan like me and she has a twin sister we think called Cassie? We don't think we know a lot of the other names though.

Love Love:wub2:

Meyer Twins

i don't post that much, but i've been around since june (i went to the last concert in chicago) and i just watched live in cartoon motion, again, and i'm seriously sooo excited. i had to post bc no one i watched it w/ understands how excited i am! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

i don't post that much, but i've been around since june (i went to the last concert in chicago) and i just watched live in cartoon motion, again, and i'm seriously sooo excited. i had to post bc no one i watched it w/ understands how excited i am! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Hey I was at that gig too! Did you stay afterwards to meet him?:naughty:

no. i was so mad when i found out he came out afterward and i had left, but i had to leave right away to get to a friend's house anyways. i'm definitely staying after this time. are you psyched?! i bet he'll remember you and do something special for you bc of the yearbook!:thumb_yello:

no. i was so mad when i found out he came out afterward and i had left, but i had to leave right away to get to a friend's house anyways. i'm definitely staying after this time. are you psyched?! i bet he'll remember you and do something special for you bc of the yearbook!:thumb_yello:

*knock on wood* I hope he will remember me:blush-anim-cl:

IN NYC, he kinda seemed like he did...and that was before the yearbook thing.

I'm really excited about it... So excited, when I think about it, the adrenline just pumps into my veins... I remember that feeling...when the music starts to play and the lights twirl.

Hopefully I'll have my own copy of the YB for him to sign!

I'm just looking forward to a night of uninhibited, carefree fun with the man I love lol

i get really giddy when i look through the pictures i took last time. i want to queue up early, but no one will go with me! :thumbdown: the house of blues does not have much floor space by the stage bc it is three stories, i just really want to get on the ground floor.

i can't speak for mika, but if someone spent that much time and energy compiling an amazing yearbook for me, i would invite her to be a lollipop girl. my fingers are crossed for you!

i get really giddy when i look through the pictures i took last time. i want to queue up early, but no one will go with me! :thumbdown: the house of blues does not have much floor space by the stage bc it is three stories, i just really want to get on the ground floor.

i can't speak for mika, but if someone spent that much time and energy compiling an amazing yearbook for me, i would invite her to be a lollipop girl. my fingers are crossed for you!

LOL that would be so funny:roftl:

:shocked:

I'd probably drag more people up with me:naughty:

Hey, that's cool you're coming to the show! Hopefully you'll get to meet Mika this time around. That goes for the rest of us, too. :D