MIKA in Chicago, IL - House of Blues

dcdeb

YAY! i got my tickets :woot_jump: it sucked because i almost couldn't figure out where to puchase them :naughy: my internet wasn't working and the phone numbers that it said to call said that you had to get them online :naughty: i made my mom call my aunt in minnesota and have her buy them for us haha

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! Great for you! We will probably see you there.

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

Yes def!

Oh, good news, kjoshi! We have never spoken before, but I've always enjoyed your posts....so it'll be great to meet you! :)

We've never spoken:blink: lol I guess I assumed we had, oh well I def know you then, at least virtually lol! I enjoy reading your posts as well! Can't wait to see you all!

Awwww, we get to bump into eachother twice now:thumb_yello: What school are you checking out?

:) Yes!!!! You have to promise we'll talk more than in New York, lol I think by the time I saw you it was during Mika so we were both incapable of speech lol.

I'm checking out University of Illinois at Chicago. I heard they have a good theater program. It's my back up to NYU

Yes def!

We've never spoken:blink: lol I guess I assumed we had, oh well I def know you then, at least virtually lol! I enjoy reading your posts as well! Can't wait to see you all!

:) Yes!!!! You have to promise we'll talk more than in New York, lol I think by the time I saw you it was during Mika so we were both incapable of speech lol.

I'm checking out University of Illinois at Chicago. I heard they have a good theater program. It's my back up to NYU

lol I remember that...I was like this:shocked: I happened to turn around to see you, and I was like "Hey I know her!" Than we talked for like 30 seconds before both looking back up at MIKA :wub2: *sigh* good times! WEll, I really hope you get into NYU! Though CHicago is really great as well. Either way, we're gonna be in the same city:roftl: How weird is that. my backup to NYU is also in Chicago... I'm crossing my fingers for the both of us!

Yes def!

Maybe we have spoken and I didn't remember...LOL It's possible. :D Nevertheless, it'll be a blast to see you! I think all of the MFCers will have to do a group photo before the show!

Maybe we have spoken and I didn't remember...LOL It's possible. :D Nevertheless, it'll be a blast to see you! I think all of the MFCers will have to do a group photo before the show!

Definitely a group photo. That is something we will remember forever, wouldn't it be great if Mika was in it too. lol.

Our cousin Nessa said we need to stand in line early and also get there early so we can meet all of you.

Meyer Twins

WEll, I'm not sure if my friend from myspace is a member here, but she has told be some important info.

1) For all of you planning on going early, the restaurant there opens @ 11. If you eat there, you have to ask for "Pass the line" to be either stamped or written on your receipt. That way, you can wait inside I believe and you're gauranteed to "pass the line"

- This unfortunatley won't apply to me since, I've got school:thumbdown:

2) My friend in art class has been to HOB lots of times, and says security depends on the artist. They've done metal detections, coat checks, bag checks...pat downs (yes girl security gaurds on girl groupies :o)

3) Don't bring a sharpie, because the gaurds will steal it...not sure why, but that's what she said. Some guy got taken out because he used his camera. They are apparantly really hardcore about this... he got to come back in, but was in the 4th row instead of the 1st.

4) I asked if artists come out, and she said they do sometimes. There's an area by the bathrooms where "meet and greet" kind of things take place. Again, that depends on the artist.

- Now my friend on myspace says that alot of times the musicians will just leave because they park the bus or car below the HOB building taking a "secret" elevator to get there. :thumbdown:

*I mean, maybe this is one of those things where we all just have to play it by ear*

If I were you guys, I would do some more research on this :thumb_yello: Especially if you're planning to go super early.

I'm sooo upset that I can't be there to "pass the line" Since most people are driving in from other areas, I'm almost positve that all of you will be able to get this pass. I can't just miss school either because my cousin has school and she is super hardcore about it... and than besides us 2 there are 4 other people (older) with jobs.

So, basically waiting 8 or 9 hours before the gig is NOT an option for me. I really hope that I get to be close enough.

I hope the info helped out a bit... it made me a bit concerned to be honest and sort of worried about the whole security thing...Again, I'll be happy with just seeing him perform. We've all got to pray for something more though:wub2:

WEll, I'm not sure if my friend from myspace is a member here, but she has told be some important info.

1) For all of you planning on going early, the restaurant there opens @ 11. If you eat there, you have to ask for "Pass the line" to be either stamped or written on your receipt. That way, you can wait inside I believe and you're gauranteed to "pass the line"

- This unfortunatley won't apply to me since, I've got school:thumbdown:

2) My friend in art class has been to HOB lots of times, and says security depends on the artist. They've done metal detections, coat checks, bag checks...pat downs (yes girl security gaurds on girl groupies :o)

3) Don't bring a sharpie, because the gaurds will steal it...not sure why, but that's what she said. Some guy got taken out because he used his camera. They are apparantly really hardcore about this... he got to come back in, but was in the 4th row instead of the 1st.

4) I asked if artists come out, and she said they do sometimes. There's an area by the bathrooms where "meet and greet" kind of things take place. Again, that depends on the artist.

- Now my friend on myspace says that alot of times the musicians will just leave because they park the bus or car below the HOB building taking a "secret" elevator to get there. :thumbdown:

*I mean, maybe this is one of those things where we all just have to play it by ear*

If I were you guys, I would do some more research on this :thumb_yello: Especially if you're planning to go super early.

I'm sooo upset that I can't be there to "pass the line" Since most people are driving in from other areas, I'm almost positve that all of you will be able to get this pass. I can't just miss school either because my cousin has school and she is super hardcore about it... and than besides us 2 there are 4 other people (older) with jobs.

So, basically waiting 8 or 9 hours before the gig is NOT an option for me. I really hope that I get to be close enough.

I hope the info helped out a bit... it made me a bit concerned to be honest and sort of worried about the whole security thing...Again, I'll be happy with just seeing him perform. We've all got to pray for something more though:wub2:

Cool, so if you go and eat in the restaurant anytime after 11, you can stay there? Or can you leave and pass the line? We don't quite get it. Thanks for all the info, you're fab!

Love Love :wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

Cool, so if you go and eat in the restaurant anytime after 11, you can stay there? Or can you leave and pass the line? We don't quite get it. Thanks for all the info, you're fab!

Love Love :wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

No, I suppose the restaurant would only be open for lunch so that's when it would have to be done. Really, I think we should get more info:boxed: My sis is going to get some more info and see what's up

Although I sadly can't go to Chicago again...Mika Memories were Made here for Me in Chicago at the Metro...

They were Magical. I met Mandilambi and Meltinydancer. I just watched my Youtube video again of meeting him and it just made me soooo excited about him all over again...(you can see the link in my signature):wub2:

Melanie, if I were you, and since you have plenty of time...you might really want to convince everyone that you really want to get there early. Is it so bad to skip one day of school? Could the other adult(s) take time off work?

Melanie, if I were you, and since you have plenty of time...you might really want to convince everyone that you really want to get there early. Is it so bad to skip one day of school? Could the other adult(s) take time off work?

I dunno, I just couldn't ask them:boxed: They did so much for me in NYC... My cousin probably wouldn't want to miss 2 days in a row either...unless she went the day after the gig instead of ditching...maybe going in late.

I wish you were goin, so I could thank you personally for all you've done...but, the city still loves you:wub2:

mandilambi, are you little concerned about the weather with your long drive from MO? We do not know what is to be expected about the weather. We have been to Chicago before but it was in Sept. not Feb. Melanie do you know what Feb is usually like in Chicago, is there a lot of snow or bad road conditions? It is silly for us to be asking this because bad weather or not, we will see Mika someway.

Meyer Twins

mandilambi, are you little concerned about the weather with your long drive from MO? We do not know what is to be expected about the weather. We have been to Chicago before but it was in Sept. not Feb. Melanie do you know what Feb is usually like in Chicago, is there a lot of snow or bad road conditions? It is silly for us to be asking this because bad weather or not, we will see Mika someway.

Meyer Twins

Hah. It always depends. Sometimes the weather in February is really bad and sometimes it's not so bad. It's pretty unpredictable, mostly because of Lake Michigan.

Although I sadly can't go to Chicago again...Mika Memories were Made here for Me in Chicago at the Metro...

They were Magical. I met Mandilambi and Meltinydancer. I just watched my Youtube video again of meeting him and it just made me soooo excited about him all over again...(you can see the link in my signature):wub2:

and almost met Megan :naughty:

Hah. It always depends. Sometimes the weather in February is really bad and sometimes it's not so bad. It's pretty unpredictable, mostly because of Lake Michigan.

HAHA, you're right...Lake Michigan decides. It won't be over 40 degrees:boxed: I mean the wind is brutal...I can't stress that enough. The roads can get slick...but the city usually does a good job after a storm, cleaning up.

Essentials: ear muffs, scarf and gloves... because you will get frost bite lol:roftl:

and almost met Megan :naughty:

Ooohh....I almost met you? :blink: That's too bad...and I almost met Melanie too... I was first in line...guess we didn't try hard enough to all look for eachother then...:sad:

HAHA, you're right...Lake Michigan decides. It won't be over 40 degrees:boxed: I mean the wind is brutal...I can't stress that enough. The roads can get slick...but the city usually does a good job after a storm, cleaning up.

Essentials: ear muffs, scarf and gloves... because you will get frost bite lol:roftl:

We'll be sure to wear scarfs, etc. Then we'll have to take them off when we see Mika because we'll get so hot from jumping around, etc.:roftl:

Love Love:wub2:

Meyer Twins

Oh and I emailed HOB and asked a few questions, so when they email me back, we'll be sure to post on here.:thumb_yello:

I don't think I am going to worry about the weather being bad until I absolutely have to. I've got so many other things that keep stressing me, so I guess I'll just pray for safety. :D

I will try o ask my friend Eric for any additional information about the HOB today sometime.