AUS - V Festival 08: MIKA NOT PERFORMING?

bexstar

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this is just some computer error.

All the aussies on the verandah are very shocked and hoping its not true.

So, anyone want V festival tickets if it is? :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Euh.. OK this is to take with cautiousness but when I was in London someone told me that they asked Martin about Australia and he said it was not sure, they would likely be working on the new album instead...

I thought you would have heard about that already ? I've not been on the forum lately so I did not follow up much.

But once again, I have not heard it myself, this is what I've been told/what I understood, so I will not guarantee that this is 100% sure. I really hope for you guys that I got it wrong.

WE had heard that, but they weren't sure. Luke said he was working on the album first, but John said nothing had been confirmed for concerts but they might be.

But we had heard and just hoped it was just general confusion.

We were expecting the fesitvals to be canceled subconsciously, but not this soon in.

*wonders when the aussies are going to get that tour he promised on film :mf_rosetinted:*

from the website below

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/35579/Mika_pulls_out_of_V_Festival

"UK pop prince Mika has pulled the plug on his scheduled Australian tour for the 2008 V Festival, citing recording commitments as the reason. “In an effort to create the best album possible for fans, Mika will need additional time to record in London,” read a press release from festival organisers.

Mika scheduled to play three shows on the V Festival tour, and with the remaining lineup featuring the Smashing Pumpkins, Duran Duran, Queens Of The Stone Age, Air (excluding Perth) and more, it’s unlikely his cancellation will have too many people crying into their Weetbix. We hope so, anyway!"

*goes to kitchen and gets a bowl of weet-bix to cry into* :tears:

I really sympathise with you guys and hope you get your Mika fix soon.

But I have to say, better to know this now, than to go to all of the effort of buying an expensive ticket, getting to the venue, setting up camp, then finding out a couple of hours before he is due to play that he won't be. That's not a nice feeling and would be much worse for you guys in Australia.

If I could wave a magic wand........

But I have to say, better to know this now, than to go to all of the effort of buying an expensive ticket, getting to the venue, setting up camp, then finding out a couple of hours before he is due to play that he won't be. That's not a nice feeling and would be much worse for you guys in Australia.

Thanks Babs .... & it's true .... better to know now .... tho' I bought a bunch of tickets for others' aswell ... :tears:

Wow- I am still coming to terms with this. As I've just posted in the aussie thread, hugs to all those affected.

Now we can sit and wait for proper concert dates to be released....

Jols .... *consoles each other*

*joins you*

They lied, seems a few of us are crying into our weet-bix already

Yes, it is good we've found out early. And hopefully we'll get a tour with the new album (and maybe a new show)

I'm actually glad we were all together when we found out the news.

So am I. I'm also glad that the time it happened was the last day, so it didn't put a damper on the weekend. The timing was good in that regard.

*joins you*

They lied, seems a few of us are crying into our weet-bix already

Yes, it is good we've found out early. And hopefully we'll get a tour with the new album (and maybe a new show)

So am I. I'm also glad that the time it happened was the last day, so it didn't put a damper on the weekend. The timing was good in that regard.

Yes it was .... kinda weird timing .... but best that it was at the end .... :thumb_yello:

My heart sinks for you Aussies... :sorry:

Thanks Suzy! :huglove:

Am even more frustrated being on the other side of the planet, seeing as we will miss out on this particular show which is going to the US and has just been around Europe.

I bet he will tour Europe again etc before he comes to us......

I wonder how much it costs to fly to the US, and if I can win the lottery in the next few weeks :boxed::roftl:

Will just have to live vicariously through all of you guys again......

Not for those of us that weren't there! *sobs* *may I take the thousand concert option please?* (ooh a thousand concerts. How old would I be by the time i finished? how old would Mika be?:shocked: )

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Going at his current rate you would be able 1500 years older than you are now :sneaky2::biggrin2:

*follows RBSKY into kitchen and gets big bowl of weebix to cry intol*

*sits in the corner and glares at mika*

but i spose if it means a better album... and there is more chance of me going if it isn't next year

*MSN slaps Mika* but I wanna concert!

*kicks Mika for good measure*

True... but I'd have preferred him not to have booked the concert in the first place so I didn't get my hopes up...

Wow- I am still coming to terms with this. As I've just posted in the aussie thread, hugs to all those affected.

Now we can sit and wait for proper concert dates to be released....

:tears:

He better make it up to us...

I agree...

I am sorry to break to bad news... but I guess it's good you guys know about it now...

and it means that he is working hard on a new album... am sure he will be supporting it with a new tour next year in Australia

:)

Someone had to do it...

He better tour next year... as long as it isn't during Aussie winter...

Thanks Suzy! :huglove:

Am even more frustrated being on the other side of the planet, seeing as we will miss out on this particular show which is going to the US and has just been around Europe.

I bet he will tour Europe again etc before he comes to us......

I wonder how much it costs to fly to the US, and if I can win the lottery in the next few weeks :boxed::roftl:

Will just have to live vicariously through all of you guys again......

He prob will do a tour there before us...

*kicks Mika again*

I only just found out he was going to do the v festival the other day....but after reading this.....it's no longer going to happen.

It doesn't seem very fair to me......

It's not our fault we live on the other side of the planet....:emot-sad: so we do miss out on alot of things...

I mean all over Europe. U.K and the U.S get to see Mika's tour but we don't....and they get to see him several times...where as I've never seen him yet.

I dunno I just wanted to babble on.....

It's also true that Europe will be the first to see him, when he does release his new album... :( :(

(stomps off)

damn! :sneaky2: so luke was right, john was wrong. glad i haven't told my friend in sydney to buy tickets yet! and haven't booked a flight yet, so i might reschedule my aussie holiday plans to january/february, when it's warmer there. shame, i'd have loved to meet up with you aussies! hope i still can meet some of you when i'm in sydney. well, i'm glad i still have london in february, but i'm so sorry for you guys that he doesn't come over, he really should have! those 2 weeks certainly wouldn't have made a difference for his album! :sneaky2: