Does everyone remember The despair of her first thread?

Mikadmirer

Lastly, I read someone who didn't know what she could talk about...

I said her that there are only friends here! You know, this is the place to be :mf_rosetinted: !!

You always have some interesting comments, answers, photos on your forum. :naughty: .

Hence I remembered the urgency I felt to publish something when I joined MFC!

You wish people love your subject, you want to say something great about Mika! Actually, It's quite terrifying for a new member!

So, girls What are your Ten commandments so as to bring a thread to a successful conclusion?:wink2:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thread wasn't a despair, I just said something random I think. But the one thing about the MFC I notice, is that its hard to get used to. This is by far the biggest forum I've ever been on, and in a way its a little intimidating being new here. Especially when you see people with well over a thousand posts!

But don't get me wrong, Its cool here, but just very hectic I think. I find it hard to get to know individuals here because there are so so many members!

But MFC rox!:D

The main way to get comfortable with the MFC is to just jump in. Join in with conversations! :) I don't really remember feeling like a newbie as much because I started talking with people immediately, I remember in the 16+ Girl's Thread. Of course, it was probably very different then, with thousands of people less and I remember thinking that Caroline had an ungodly amount of posts at about 2,000. :naughty: It's intimidating at first, because you feel so small in a world of friends and people with lots of posts, but I think that the people here are very accepting, and it's very easy to make friends if you try. :) I know of a few people with very little posts that are quite popular on here, simply because they made a point to join in with people. :)

Don't feel like you're saying something "wrong." Like everything you say in life, some people will agree, some will disagree. Even though this board is a bit of an alternate reality, it is still a reality, and there will be arguments, disagreements and some people will get their feelings hurt. Not everyone has to agree with you! :thumb_yello:

The main way to get comfortable with the MFC is to just jump in. Join in with conversations! :) I don't really remember feeling like a newbie as much because I started talking with people immediately, I remember in the 16+ Girl's Thread. Of course, it was probably very different then, with thousands of people less and I remember thinking that Caroline had an ungodly amount of posts at about 2,000. :naughty: It's intimidating at first, because you feel so small in a world of friends and people with lots of posts, but I think that the people here are very accepting, and it's very easy to make friends if you try. :) I know of a few people with very little posts that are quite popular on here, simply because they made a point to join in with people. :)

Don't feel like you're saying something "wrong." Like everything you say in life, some people will agree, some will disagree. Even though this board is a bit of an alternate reality, it is still a reality, and there will be arguments, disagreements and some people will get their feelings hurt. Not everyone has to agree with you! :thumb_yello:

What Hannah said. :mf_rosetinted:

yup she pretty much said it perfectly

Wow Hannah, I just noticed you have over 8,000 posts. :shocked: When did that happen?

That's what Shanicka asked me. :naughty: I've had 8,000 for probably three weeks. I really haven't been posting particularly more than usual. I think 8,000 something just looks a lot bigger than 7,000. :naughty:

That's what Shanicka asked me. :naughty: I've had 8,000 for probably three weeks. I really haven't been posting particularly more than usual. I think 8,000 something just looks a lot bigger than 7,000. :naughty:

lol jeez...i'm still a baby compared to the number of posts

The main way to get comfortable with the MFC is to just jump in. Join in with conversations! :)I don't really remember feeling like a newbie as much because I started talking with people immediately, I remember in the 16+ Girl's Thread. Of course, it was probably very different then, with thousands of people less and I remember thinking that Caroline had an ungodly amount of posts at about 2,000. :naughty: It's intimidating at first, because you feel so small in a world of friends and people with lots of posts, but I think that the people here are very accepting, and it's very easy to make friends if you try. :) I know of a few people with very little posts that are quite popular on here, simply because they made a point to join in with people. :)

LMFAO! Well look at me now!! :roftl:

Heck! Look at Freddie, Sasje and Vanessa! :shocked:

About my first thread, I just clicked my own doggy name and searched for it. I think I just felt really happy ... im writing something really long but I can only finish it later cos im in the ****ing office !!!

Well, I said Mika can do a perfect cover for Muse's 'Plug In Baby' doesn't mean I've got lies to expose or to be exposed !! I haven't tell a single lie here all the messages I sent out were based on something real or lots of little superstitions. I'm not JESUS CHRIST or a SATAN!! jesus, maybe deep down my soul, I AM !! but I think I’m just Santa’s little helper !!

About Auntie Willy, I didn't make it up either. Cos the way I learn English is through records, teles and dvds not dictionary and books. So I don't know how to pronounce "Whiley", and 'willy' just popped out of my mouth. It's rather strange. After I checked the interview and pictures on the website, she is Auntie Willy, im sure !!!!

And I've got three head lines in my palm, my mum said I could be the biggest psychopath ever !!!!!

I don't exactly remember my first thread anymore..(it was about sending my daughters drawing to Mika, I guess..:naughty:)

But I do remember when I was a newbie, how terrified I was for the "great FREDDIESDOUBLE"..:roftl:

And for all the others who had so many posts..:naughty:

Ehm.. but now that I have pretty much myself, I can say.. the people with lots of posts don't have to be scary..:blink:

Lastly, I read someone who didn't know what she could talk about...

I said her that there are only friends here! You know, this is the place to be :mf_rosetinted: !!

You always have some interesting comments, answers, photos on your forum. :naughty: .

Hence I remembered the urgency I felt to publish something when I joined MFC!

You wish people love your subject, you want to say something great about Mika! Actually, It's quite terrifying for a new member!

So, girls What are your Ten commandments so as to bring a thread to a successful conclusion?:wink2:

for me,is still a little be hard,I don't post so much because of.......the language:blush-anim-cl: :( I can talk in english but not so well and often I just don't understand everything everybody write so,I don't post often. but is ok I am happy to be a part of the MFC:biggrin2: :roftl:

My first thread was I think the Hitkrant stalkers, wich never had reached more than 15 pages:naughty:

I remember I was afraid to get labeled as a newbie, and I just felt so small im comparisation with the people who had over the 2000 posts or something...:blink:

But not all the people who have posted more know more...

After a week I thought: Ha, what was i afraid for? These people are nice. I just can be myself:biggrin2: :naughty:

I don't do anything fancy when I post, because i don't know how to do

it really. I also don't understand why you get some threads which

have the boxes under each thread, for quick replies, and others, where you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page

to post as full replies? Also, I notice, in some threads the

writing runs off the end of the page and you can't always read it all

so I try and not let my writing get to the end. Sometimes it works,

sometimes it doesn't.

I don't know how you do those big messages in different colours, etc.

It would be nice to know.

I think, for people like me, who are not computer savvy, there should

perfaps be clearer instructions. However, after all is said and done

it's not how fancy a post is, it's what it says, and that is what is really

important.

Love today, from Marilyn

My first thread was my introduction one and after that, the spanish thread: wub2:

As Hannah said, the best thing is start talking. Don´t have any fears. Well, the smartest thing is beginning to talk in "non-serious" threads and when you feel more comfortable, jump to others.

I can´t believe i entered here in May and look at me now :lol3:

But I do remember when I was a newbie, how terrified I was for the "great FREDDIESDOUBLE"..:roftl:

:roftl: I had somewhat the same thing,it was like talking to a sacred beast or something. And when FD quoted me...well now,that was an event

(Just searched my first thread) Beside the Introduction thread,I see that my first one was a 'Post ur picture thread' but i had no idea there was one already

And then there was this

What`s so special?

I was wondering what makes him special for you

For me it`s the fact that he`s such an honest guy. I mean when I look at him smile he`s so open and truthful with his emotions.He`s got the most honest smile.

I think that`s the thing that hit me the most,and then he`s so cool with interviews,he dosen`t feel like having to pretend to be something other.

And then the fact that he knows how to enjoy stuff,and that he is really happy when certain things happen,and I mean really happy

Well,that`s outside music ,because loving the music is why i got here in the first place

:blush-anim-cl:

I don't think I was dying for answers,I was mostly so happy that I had found a place to say what I was feeling at that point,and where people would understand it

EDIT:

Found this one also,done later but I still agree with what I said there

God people,it's so good to express urself :biggrin2:

Any Other World

Just felt like I had to post this now...just ignore me,but I get like goosebumps when I hear this. I am so in love with the song,and how he sings it :blush-anim-cl:

I`m like..:tears: everytime it`s on...and this is one of those times,it`s just dreamy

I think my ultimate wish is that he`d sing it for me....

What Hannah said. :mf_rosetinted:

YUP!!!:thumb_yello:

:naughty: I think my first thread was asking how tall Mika was - and I received the Yopp Treatment (There is already a thread about this you useless Newbie* anyway he is 6'4") :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

*ok she didn't call me a useless Newbie..:naughty:

... you mean she didn't type it... :naughty:

The restaurant I used to work in as a waitress has got lots of free CD copies from Universal ...... one day, our Thai girl shouted to me "Jackie, come, he is so 'jar la lai' !!!!" "Okok, who the fcuk is that ‘Jar la lai’ !!!!" Oh, yes, he is !! hmm, no, he is so different, he is not INDIE ... he doesn’t belong to this world! but it says on the books that never trust appearances ! Let's see the interview on youtube !! hmm ... he is not only INDIE he is EVERYTHING and he was telling my life in a colourful record !! I've got to see this Mika with a sheep head!! In-stores, hmm ... I could finally see the little prince sheep head for free! Ooh, good lord, he is even better in person cos his smile can cast all the dark clouds away in London !!!! He was kind to everyone and said how are you out loud ! It just took ages for him to sign and say hi to everyone ... Ooh, his hand writing is also very very nice!! Shame, I didn't bring any chocolate or candies ... there were some girl's clothes in my shopping bag ... hmm, he's been wearing necklace, I must give mine to him as a souvenir to make him smile too !!! He lives in London, why can't I see him on street and ask him out for a coffee? I see Patrick Wolf and the guy from Coupling all the time but I don't feel like to talk to them cos they look scary and dark ... Is there anyway, I can know him in person not as a stupid little fans ?? I begged my manager who is a gay guy but can't leave his long term girlfriend to find someone from Universal to introduce me. I got rejected for being too crazy!! Then I told him I wasn't, if he was not going to do it I was about to chat up customers from universal, I could just tell them, I gave my necklace to one of your signed artist, now I wanted it back, could you please ask him to come and give it back !!!! Ok, fine! If I can't see him in person, I can only be a little fans and go the gig, that's fine ! I don't care! I just wish everything about him is going really well cos he is little bit different from those people from bands that I saw at the gigs and festivals and his record means a lot to us though he sounds like meow meow meow !! But was he really that happy ? I doubt it cos I wasn't that happy though I smile all the time !! But I was really happy on that day !

Admire Mika is not that difficult but admire M I K A is really tough and it's like a journey ...

Well, my first thread dealt with an amazing situation: "if you are sat down next to Mika on the same plane".

Since, I wrote a subject about how much I love Mika, then I published the MFC awards, and this one about the despair of the first thread!:mf_rosetinted: (I say you my curriculum vitae :biggrin2: )

Actually, I am always afraid when I post something, even a simple reply. And You can't imagine to what extent I'm put under stress face to the idea that my message could be commented! :boxed: .

Well, my very first thread was my introduction thread of course, which was fine altogether!

And then after that I didnt open another thread for a good while, I wasn't much of a thread starter and still am not lol! I just get involved in already established threads lol :naughty: but yeah I remember my first thread, "Diaries of butterflies with deathwishes" (Gabbly inspired) it was fine lasted a few pages and eventually died lol!