MFC First Birthday

deano

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about the chat idea somebody brought up several posts ago (at least I think it was in this thread), and even facing the risk of a forum crash I'd quite fancy that :biggrin2:

I know, this is only possible if the Mikster is up for it and so on....

It doesn't have to be a live chat, though, I thought about it more in the lines of AKateisaKate's HotSeat... so if the questions are original enough :bleh: and if there's not just an overload of redundancy, proposals, puppy offers or shoe demands, it might work. Or maybe not. Just a thought. What do you think about it?

I mean the format would not be much different from any other interview that is found and posted here, but content-wise it might be much more interesting and fun.

even though i haven't been here the whole year i would love to join you!! it's been amazing since i'm part of mfc actually i regret that i didn't found out of mfc earlier!!

btw congrats for the awesome work you have done...and i know that this new year will be even better!!:bleh:

even though i haven't been here the whole year i would love to join you!! it's been amazing since i'm part of mfc actually i regret that i didn't found out of mfc earlier!!

btw congrats for the awesome work you have done...and i know that this new year will be even better!!:bleh:

Ill drink to that , welcome :biggrin2:

I was thinking about the chat idea somebody brought up several posts ago (at least I think it was in this thread), and even facing the risk of a forum crash I'd quite fancy that :biggrin2:

It doesn't have to be a live chat, though, I thought about it more in the lines of AKateisaKate's HotSeat... so if the questions are original enough :bleh: and if there's not just an overload of redundancy, proposals, puppy offers or shoe demands, it might work. Or maybe not. Just a thought. What do you think about it?

I mean the format would not be much different from any other interview that is found and posted here, but content-wise it might be much more interesting and fun.

yeah, it'd be the best thing ever...! :wub2: and yep, server'd probably not stand it, though I'd gladly take the risk! :thumb_yello:

Ah, that would be too good to be true :blush-anim-cl:

I'm afraid that Mika overload would take place much sooner than the forum overload. :naughty: Still, of course, I would be pro :bleh: Only some serious restrictions should be demanded in that case :naughty:

Dunno if I understood Violet's suggestion..like everybody in one thread or Gabbly/teamspeaker?

what I wrote a few pages back was it'd be great to have mika on forum for a meet and greet. :mf_rosetinted: but I fear that'd SERIOUSLY crash the server. so gabbly is out of question.

maybe though, we could create an appropriate thread in which we post questions for him, he answers them and then we read the answers.

the ideal thing would be obvsiously a sorta dialogue in real time through posts, but again, I think it'll be too heavy on server.

this sorta bullettin board may be a compromise for us, for him and for the technical aspects.

as much as I'd love some real interaction with him, I think it'd be highly unrealistic.. sadly. :boxed:

what I wrote a few pages back was it'd be great to have mika on forum for a meet and greet. :mf_rosetinted: but I fear that'd SERIOUSLY crash the server. so gabbly is out of question.

I'm not so fond of gabbly anyway so I'd be glad if this won't be considered as an option (I always end up in the ghost channel and get echoes, and considering the traffic to be expected and the chaos it would bring along just in case I think I'd step back voluntarily :bleh: )

maybe though, we could create an appropriate thread in which we post questions for him, he answers them and then we read the answers.

the ideal thing would be obvsiously a sorta dialogue in real time through posts, but again, I think it'll be too heavy on server.

this sorta bullettin board may be a compromise for us, for him and for the technical aspects.

Yes, it was something like that I had in mind (what mind? :boxed: )

as much as I'd love some real interaction with him, I think it'd be highly unrealistic.. sadly. :boxed:

I'm not happy saying so but I have to agree. For sure he's got his reasons for not being active on the forum and I highly doubt that any sort of question and answer project would change that.

Something Like this you mean?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10600

well, kind of. but more like an organised and supervised by mods thread in which we post our questions to him and in which we'll find then posted his answers. it could also be given through some kinda "ghost identity", if he doesn't want to give away his ID here which i suspect he doesn't want to do.

And besides, if we DID interract with him (knowingly) in real time, we'd probably scare him off forever and ever and ever :blink:

why? j/k aside, I don't think he's scared. he may like some things and like less some others, but I don't think at all he's scared of the forum.

Avoca,I know what you mean ,but think about it

It would turn into a Myspace more or less

How do you think he'd be able to answer all those questions? It would be a total flood

Unless say 10 questions are sellected a week or every two weeks (2 weeks would sound more doable).But he can't possibly start answering that amount of Q's asked by each and every one

well, kind of. but more like an organised and supervised by mods thread in which we post our questions to him and in which we'll find then posted his answers. it could also be given through some kinda "ghost identity", if he doesn't want to give away his ID here which i suspect he doesn't want to do.

Well, he could create an account just for this case and then delete it, that would be quite easy.

oh I am not saying its realistic, or I count on it, ioana. I just commented the above. :bleh:

no my space thing. that's fake interaction, that's not him, not anymore for quite a while, it's his record company people or smt. except for the bday thank you note, I like to think.. :blush-anim-cl:

as i said above, it'd be a thread supervised by mods, both for appropriate questions and for regulating their # (1 per member) and stuff.

I highly disagree with picking for ex. the 10 bests questions, it's NOT a competition. I'd rather not having him here, than to answer only 10 people and dump all the others. he may decide what questions (previously moderated again) he wants to answer and what not. then we can put all the blaime on him :naughty:

again, I KNOW it's not realistic, but it's been done before with other celebs in other forums.

I know...picking a certain number dose seem unfair to me too,but I suggested that as a reduction of questions

even if with a question/member,there woulr deff be at least 500 people willing to submit their questions

I did the myspace comparison not because (presuming it is him who is reading it,wven if it's not the case now) it the same whing with people sending tons of messages and comments asking useless stuff such as "so when's the album coming out? what's the next video?" and things like that

I know...picking a certain number dose seem unfair to me too,but I suggested that as a reduction of questions

even if with a question/member,there woulr deff be at least 500 people willing to submit their questions

I did the myspace comparison not because (presuming it is him who is reading it,wven if it's not the case now) it the same whing with people sending tons of messages and comments asking useless stuff such as "so when's the album coming out? what's the next video?" and things like that

indeed. hence the mods' work on the questions BEFORE he's presented with them. to avoid things like pls this is my phone # , can ya call me..? and stuff like this. or even why did ya write grace kelly..? :fisch:

as for the #, indeed it'd be a high one, not sure 500 (do we have 500 REGULAR posters here..?), but high # for sure. he could just answer what he fancies the most. all of them, or only a few. up to him. we could not have influence on that anyway. :wink2:

why? j/k aside, I don't think he's scared. he may like some things and like less some others, but I don't think at all he's scared of the forum.

I don't think he is now, but if we set a date we knew he'd be on and had noe way of controlling what people wrote here knowing that MIKA would see it.. then it could be over the top I think.

I like that idea, it's a bit more realistic, although no doubt everyone would prefer real time interaction, but i think that is the best and safest way to go :thumb_yello: Well ppl can submit questions via PMs to the mods and they choose what is appropriate and then they post it on the first post ofthe thread???? I dunno.

TWO more days :woot_jump::biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I don't think he is now, but if we set a date we knew he'd be on and had noe way of controlling what people wrote here knowing that MIKA would see it.. then it could be over the top I think.

like I wrote before, there'd have to be a lot of work from the mods, who'd have to check the questions: appropriate, redundant etc.

like I wrote above, it'd be great to have him online actually answering the questions in REAL time, but it'd mean congestion on the server 100%. so he could like pm the answers to the mods, or post his answers all together in a series of posts in the thread, or even in one unique posts. again, like sesil suggested, the account would have to be then deleted, or else it'd be spammed to death LOL