Mika's *SORRY* - Hammersmith cancellation - Phone Call

Sivan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting the videos, Sivan. It was a sad moment, but I think we got over it rather quickly. :thumb_yello:

we did didnt we? lol

but i think only because we had eachother :) yay for the MFC! ;)

Thank you for posting the videos, Sivan. It was a sad moment, but I think we got over it rather quickly. :thumb_yello:

we did didnt we? lol

but i think only because we had eachother :) yay for the MFC! ;)

Oh yes!

Couldn't agree more!:thumb_yello:

Thank you so much for posting this :mf_rosetinted: I didn't get to hear it when it happened as I chose to go and have something to eat very at the very wrong moment, so it really means a lot to me to actually hear it now :mf_rosetinted: Think I might come to London after all :blink:

yep, thank you! At that moment me Giulietta and Jeyjen have just landed at Stansted and we were running like mad...until we received a phone call that almost cause us to jump UNDER a train:naughty:

ow, and then we went to the hostel and I had to pull out the beds the 2 depressed girls and when finally we reach that bar near Hammersmith :shocked::biggrin2: what a a surprise!!! MFC paaartaayyy!!!:punk:

in any case those 2 days in London were been fantastic:wink2:

Aww this brought a tear to my eye. :bleh:

Thanks for sharing it. John has gone up in my estimation a bit. He always seems so grumpy but perhaps he just has 'one of those faces' ( I ought to understand, because I have one :naughty: ). He was giving the evils at Manchester, but then, everyone was grumpy gits at Manchester, except Mika of course. John seemed sweet on this video though.

At such a moment, to think of having the video camera out and filming was some kind of guided foresight... The sadness on your faces is so moving. You all handled it so well, considering everyone's personal stories. But it was very good of MIKA to call himself, not many artists would do that.

First of all, thank you Long! And thank you Sivan for sharing this moment with the MFC.

This brings back the roller coaster of emotions I experienced that day.

Kata, Christine, and I planned the night before that we would wake up really early to get Hammersmith that day and try to be one of the first in the queue.

So we were so excited when we found Laura and her friends to be the only ones there. We had no idea where the queue was supposed to start.

As the rest of the MFCers continued to arrive, James (a nice man who worked at the venue) told me to help him keep track of everyone's place in line since he was forming barriers at another location - we were to move the line over there. So he gave me a black, magic marker to write numbers on everyone's hand.:biggrin2: I hope this dispells any previous thoughts that the numbers were my idea. :naughty: After about 28 of us moved over to the newly built barriers for the queuing, we really didn't need to continue writing the numbers on everyone's hand that arrived afterwards, but it seemed to make people feel more reassurred. I think we ended close to number "40".

As soon as a lady came out of the venue to tell us she had an announcement for us...I knew. My heart sank. She then confirmed our fears and then I already noticed a few MFCers gathered around John (Mika's manager).

Then of course you see this video.

And then, what would have happened next is seeing others arriving for the gig and getting the news...that was sad too. Then the band came out (minus Mikey) to share some time with us.Then we take pics - with the band, with eachother - big group pics of MFCers, everyone signing the MFC flag/banner.

Some of us eat dinner, some of us go home, and some go to BAR 38.

Bar 38 was an awesome time (a "blessing in disguise" as originally described by Long). We really have to thank Mika for the little party that we enjoyed that evening. :wink2::naughty:

Okay who was trying to angle their camera to get the phone number egh? come one - own up.

LMAO, that was my first observation too, I mean, you would.

Even I was trying to work out which numbers John could be pressing - sadness.

I cant think of anyone else who would go to the trouble of

sending his manager down, then going on speaker phone, with

a sore throat, to apologize!!! Mika obviously thinks and cares

about his fans, and that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!!!!!! :wub2:

And the whole MFC support system is amazing too!!

I cant think of anyone else who would go to the trouble of

sending his manager down, then going on speaker phone, with

a sore throat, to apologize!!! Mika obviously thinks and cares

about his fans, and that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!!!!!! :wub2:

And the whole MFC support system is amazing too!!

:wub2: YES WENDI !!! I also felt that when I saw this vid. ......... gotta LOVE Mika's heart ......... :wub2:

That was really beautiful to watch.. Thank you Long & Sivan!

I'm really happy for you guys that you got a personal message. I bet it felt surreal.

I think it was sooo sweet how he wanted all his presents by that Evening!! How many were toys?

Can someone book Mika into Toysaholic Anonymous?!:naughty:

:tears: I love my little Meekers :wub2::wub2::wub2:

-----

MIKA:*fuzzy*...Um...I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I know that a lot of you *fuzzy*....just out of respect to communicate myself to those of you that are waiting outside. So - we are gonna reschedule the shows. If any of you were at this gig last night, you can expect to see something that's *fuzzy* better than we did last night. We'll make up for it in each and every way that we possibly can, including people who have traveled.

We just ask that you give us some time, and that you understand why it is that I've cancelled the shows. I'm certainly not doing it out of laziness or out of inconsideration; a lot of thought has gone into this cancellation, and I just wanted to explain myself, and basically apologise personally.

*crowd shout outs*

*fuzzy*...MIKA make sure that they get given to me by this evening.

----

In the beginning he says that he shouldn't be talking but that it doesn't really matter. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry and that I know a lot of you have come very far for these gigs."

Thank you so much for posting this I didn't get to hear it when it happened as I chose to go and have something to eat very at the very wrong moment, so it really means a lot to me to actually hear it now Think I might come to London after all

you'd better do.. I come and fetch you, otherwise.. I know where you live.. :mf_rosetinted:

At such a moment, to think of having the video camera out and filming was some kind of guided foresight... The sadness on your faces is so moving. You all handled it so well, considering everyone's personal stories. But it was very good of MIKA to call himself, not many artists would do that.

yes, that was precious. I know it's not the rule at all and it was VERY VERY good for us all. we had a truly pleasant eve anyway and part of it was also knowing 100% we had been treated with the most respect and care by mika and his management. meant A LOT to me and us all. :wub2: in fact I'm back being "in love" :sneaky2::wink2:

awww... the big girls video!! :punk: awesome!!

I cannot watcht the video sivan posted.. :tears: sigh.... can someone save it for me and mail me, pls...???:tears:

Thank you so much for posting this :mf_rosetinted: I didn't get to hear it when it happened as I chose to go and have something to eat very at the very wrong moment, so it really means a lot to me to actually hear it now :mf_rosetinted: Think I might come to London after all :blink:

Didn't realise you weren't! I have your ticket for Hammersmith still.

Thanks for sharing it. John has gone up in my estimation a bit. He always seems so grumpy but perhaps he just has 'one of those faces' ( I ought to understand, because I have one :naughty: ). He was giving the evils at Manchester, but then, everyone was grumpy gits at Manchester, except Mika of course. John seemed sweet on this video though.

You know he was lovely here and at Brixton. He's the one responsible for making sure that Mika stopped to speak with Suzy and receive the yearbook. He's got a sort of tough NYC thing about him, but he was very helpful and seems to understand that Mika's relationship with his fans is very important.

Yeah, i wasn´t there at that moment either and it´s great to hear it at last..

come to london :D