Life In Cartoon Motion is number 4 in album chart!!!

Marilyn Mastin

Wonderful news!! I've been listening to the chart show and they mentioned the top albums. LICM has gone up to number four in the chart!!

That is absolutely fantastic.

The single, Relax is at number 20 in the charts this week, and Grace Kelly and Happy Endings are still in the top 40.

I think what has been happening is that more people are downloading the album, rather than the Relax single, but it is fantastic that the album has jumped up so high again!!!

LICM has been in the chart for 48 weeks, but Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" has now been there for 60 weeks. The charts after Christmas used to be known as the "token" charts, as it was when everyone rushed out to spend the record tokens they had been given for Christmas. I think it’s now more of an "MP3" chart, as everyone seems to be downloading the CDs and tracks that they missed out on earlier in the year to their new MP3 players.

The result of this is that not only has LICM gone back up to no 4 in the album chart, but Mika also has 5(!!) separate tracks in the top 100 singles: Relax (20), Grace Kelly (35), Happy Ending (39), Big Girl (70) and Lollipop (presumably as a download from LICM) at no 77. Go Mika!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty:

Hi Marilyn.

My husband fancies Victoria Principal when she was in Dallas in the early days. We've been watching them on DVD and I can see him having the old 'sly drool' (even though he won't admit it...). She was really stunningly gorgeous though, I can understand it, and I can hardly moan about it when he has to put up with me fancying the pants off Mika 24/7 :naughty:

Ah, marriage, give and take, etc etc :naughty:

Yes it IS give and take!!! He gives and I take...!!! Just kidding!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

• 1 month later...
LICM is the only one of the Best Album Brit nominees in the current Top 10.

It really should win that award! People are still buying this after a whole year for a reason and this should be acknowledged.

Well spotted Sherlock:naughty:

Mmmm I see Favourite Worst Nightmare has NOT benefited from the Brits boost :naughty:

Well they should have given the award to LICM :thumb_yello:

It's okay I'm so over the Brits now :naughty:

i know what you mean about the Brits! i was disapointed but hey this is great news about LICM & should have an award just for that, really pleased it has to mean something - i bet Mika is well proud! :thumb_yello:

• 5 months later...

Happy to report that LICM has now been in the album charts for 18 months :yay:

In that time, it was in the Top 20 albums for 58 weeks. Its highest position was no. 1 (of course), and it has been as low as no. 83, but for the last few weeks it has been hovering around the no. 65 position.

In that time, it was in the Top 20 albums for 58 weeks. Its highest position was no. 1 (of course), and it has been as low as no. 83, but for the last few weeks it has been hovering around the no. 65 position.

Wicked:thumb_yello:

Brilliant :thumb_yello:

CONGRATS MIKA!

scan0014_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...